Why did they even think people would like this?

Why did they even think people would like this?

Attached: 1540440573420.png (800x449, 460K)

Because they thought normalfag movie "fans" wouldn't give a fuck.

People seem to like the derformed Pokemon movie so why not try cashing in.

>deformed
They're largely on-model, Sonic is just an abomination.

Did Penders designed this Sonic?

It's for kids. When I was a kid I liked the mortal kombat movies, even the 2nd one, and that sci-fi channel movie about giant mosquitos. Kids dont give a fuck

Attached: sonic__movie_1_by_skrollan95-dd5wrbg.jpg (781x600, 70K)

Normies liked the hyperrealistic Disney remakes.

I'm sure a group of boardroom executives liked this design a lot.

Attached: 1556661431305.png (409x356, 292K)

The answer is always
ALWAYS
A boardroom full of idiots who failed their way up the corporate ladder who don't have a creative bone in their body having the final call on all decisions.

I'm pretty sure they know it's shit but all they care about is the money. They know that Sonic has a massive fanbase and because of Sonic's popularity they probably think the said fanbase would pay money to watch this trainwreck of a movie. My guess of course.

Until this trailer came out, the pictures we'd seen so far had actually been... a good design. Not a good Sonic, but a good design. This trailer changed the model to one much more horrible
also this, they didn't understand that people are laughing AT detective pikachu, not with it. they literally hired the people who make those intentionally disturbing realistic pictures of cartoon characters, that's how clueless they are

at what point are stockholders going to make the decision to fire anyone older than themselves?

Attached: soul.png (890x797, 617K)

they could've just animated him to look cartoonish like this in a 3d or 2d style. It could've worked but we just have to have this photo realistic garbage

It's hard to adapt a cartoon blue hedgehog to a realistic environment. I'd like to see you niggers do better.

>franchise has several entries where Sonic is a cartoon among humans
>Hollywood execs don’t even see this on surface-level research
No, it’s retarded anyway

Someone on Twitter did, and it looked better. Try again, faggot.

GPK my shit up.

Attached: GPK Full of Wut.png (1280x678, 533K)

Because nobody actually cares about the movie. It's literally a tax write off for the company.

People liked the woody woodpecker movie.....Well, kids did. and this is for kids.

>Hurr, y dont dey put cartoon character in live action movie?!

Attached: 25m7z529t5f21.png (842x792, 82K)

they didn't, this whole thing is viral marketing. they only made this first trailer with this design, which they had previously market tested to confirm was unappealing with the deliberately 'leaked' design documents. it's new coke / crystal pepsi. it's ALWAYS a fucking scheme with hollywood kikes.

>paintings are the same as a full render

What? The pokemons in the DP movie look eerie, but they look like their counterparts, they look Weird because we are not used to see them with skin/fur, just flat colors.

Just admit you're wrong, I'm right, and throw yourself headfirst off of a tall, tall bridge.

>they didn't, this whole thing is viral marketing.
This. I'm not normally the guy to believe in this conspiracy type shit, but this has to be intentional. There's no way they didn't know how bad this looks.

They used Gotta Go Fast for godsake.

I think it's just a movie for children. How many of you honestly plan to walk into a theater as a grown ass adult without a child next to you and say I'd like one for the sonic movie. I'm sure some of you, and that is sad.

this is a good non uni-eye design