FCBD 2019

What are you picking up? What looks good? What is your budget?

Attached: 1530919148516.jpg (400x400, 41K)

with my luck, 0. something always comes up that i never get to go.

Attached: Free Swag.png (640x720, 479K)

Probably the mandatory Tick issue.

>What is your budget?
>"Free" comic book day

I went last year and after waiting in line on the street for hours in the sun and getting sick I concluded it wasn't worth it. I don't know what I am going to do this year. Are there any great books on offer?

Most stores have sales as well.

probably thinking people will get non-free comics after getting a taste of the free stuff.

The Tick. Maybe Little Lulu since I liked the cartoons when I was a kid.

I don't have any money and I need a job, I have a bunch of Sonic comics I will bring and see if I can like, loiter there in the day time so my family will get off me

Your mom.
Your mom.
Probably fifty dollars.

Looks like the publishers are leaning heavily on all-ages offerings this year. A quick scan and only a few things look interesting.

TMNT
THE GOON
STRANGER THINGS/BLACK HAMMER

Attached: 1528271814853.jpg (791x1200, 1.69M)

I'll grab them all, I always do. but mostly looking for pic related and
>The Tick
>My Favorite Thing is Monsters
>TMNT
>H1 Ingnition
interested in how the Humanoids superhero line will work out

Attached: vampirellafcbd.jpg (182x277, 14K)

Just picked up all my sci-fi stuff like invisible kingdom and ascender. I'm probably just gonna buy the new deadpool and pick up all the free comics if they let me.

Street fighter, probably the spider-man issue too

Grab the freebies and try to pick up a Trade since I'm on my last stamp before my next one is free, probably the Thrawn mini.

How does your LCS work that deal? Mine has a points program. $10 gives you one point and you can trade in at various bundles and get discounts. The best is 100 points for $80 off

Spongebob

Superman haul
>Kingdom come
>All-Star Superman
>For the Man Who Has Everything
>Red Son
>What's So Funny about Truth, Justice & the American Way?
>Secret Identity

Soon

This, Spongebob, Bob's Burgers, and Zim were the best things last year.

Maybe I'll get one of the manga again because it's always significantly larger than any other English printing. All depends if there's anything interesting.

>FCBD
>budget

This is the day above all others to go absolutely HAM. You get that omnibus, user

nothing since modern comics are all just sjw crap

any good deals on european comics?
american comics have been trash for years now due to feminism

Going in a new town this year so I'm making two stops instead of 3.

I missed the tick last year but I'm hoping to start earlier.

Moneys a bit tight, but I'll make sure to spend at both stores

Attached: image.jpg (692x388, 129K)

>Humanoids superhero line
what, is that the line Waid will be editing?

Since when is The Goon all ages?

Modern comics don’t do it for me anymore since they are no longer allowed to have pretty girls in sexy costumes
Reading old comics actually makes me a bit depressed because it reminds me of how much fun the comic industry used to be before the sjw invasion

shut the fuck up you whiny faggot, there are publishers whose entire output is sexy ladies and cat fights and shit.
Stop pretending you care about comics, you're probably some faggot arrivist angry at black people on Avengers movies and truly a disgrace, to this board, to comics fandom and most likely to your family as well.

With the usual diversity from him

Thank god I'm not an insecure 11 year old and can enjoy good books without throwing a hissy fit whenever someone black or gay shows up.

don´t forget the feminist "women rule man drool" aspect as well

I don´t care about those publishers I want the superheroes I used to read as a kid to be cool again instead of only pushing feminism and sjw propaganda

I think I am just going to stay home and cry.
I haven't picked up comics regularly since I had to suddenly move back home to take care of family. Most of my books are stil in boxes in a storage unity anyway.

How many Mark Waid comics have you seriously read, you fucking faggot.
This is what baffles me the most about this whole situation, you cunts claim to love comics and complain about them being runned, then you proceed to shit on Waid, who has quite a number of hits under his belt while supporting fucking Iron Sights, one of the worst looking comics I've seen being published as a professional work.

i read ultimate spider-man recently.
it´s shocking how this comic made for kids has more revealing costumes then current spider-man.
it´s like sjws shoved us all back to the prudish 50s where women aren´t even allowed to show their ankles uncovered.
Actually I take that back. At least the 50s still allowed to have cool white male heroes and likable female characters unlike "current year"

Most of Waid's best regarded work, including recent stuff like Daredevil and Doctor Strange, stars white males, you fucking faggot. Even his not-Constantine self-published book stars a white male. Stop pretending you care about comics, admit you're some outrage addict asshole and go seek medical help.

user if it is any support for you, you aren´t missing much with current comics either.
writing and art has been really bad for years now
I hope things will turn around for you eventually

Will there be anything as good as I Hate Image last year

never said that comics don´t star white men. they have all just been turned into emasculated losers who can´t do anything right and have to be constantly be saved by some strong black woman who lectures them about white male privilege and how much better women are then men.
all while having the men be constantly drawn naked but have all the women be drawn ugly and completely covered up

>ultimate spider-man
those were the days. women being still drawn with huge breasts and cleavages and nobody cared. last time peter got to act cool most of the time as well instead of being turned into a loser so that female or minority heroes can save the day

NO

Again, neither Daredevil nor Doctor Strange are portrayed like that in their most recent Waid comics.
Also, everybody in comics is virtually naked, most Super Hero costumes are pretty much body paint that doesn't hide shit, and I can't for the life of me understand why a (supposedly) adult man needs constant cheesecake to enjoy something.
Do you drop non-comic books if they don't have a hot protagonist who totally wants to bang every man she sees? How fucking childish are you? It's not like you need comics to get some t&a, my instagram feed is mostly thots in high-cut bikinis and shit like that, I can live with Psylocke not wearing her swimsuit costume.
Not to mention how you're actually making a point for SJWs or whatever boogeyman you believe in, when those people said representation was important I bet you were one of the faggots claiming they are psychopaths for not being able to relate to people different than them. And yet, the second comics stop catering to your teenage fetishes, you throw a hissy fit, proving how much you also care about representation.

>I bet you were one of the faggots claiming they are psychopaths for not being able to relate to people different than them
actually I never cared about the new characters one way or another. If there is an audience for them then I wished them good look. I just objected to them being shoved into everything be it spider-man, avengers or x-men and me pretty much being forced to read those badly written characters.
I also back then said that sjws never cared about diversity and only want to destroy things that white men like. A fear that turned out to be true since sjws demanded marvel and dc not only to create knew sjw characters but to like I said shove them everywhere making it impossible to only read stories featuring the old heroes you liked. sjws also demaned most white male heroes to be replaced with female or minority characters or at the minimum make it very clear that the new female and minority characters are better in every way then their white male counter part. Hawkeye and Spider-man got it the worst in that regard.
And even worse sjws damned that all old female heroes get new sharia approved outfits.
nowadays all female character both old and new do not only act the same aka they are all now men hating marie sues who can´t shut up talking about "the patrichay" and how much better women are then men but they also all have too look and dress the same.
characters who used to be drawn with big breasts and revealing outfits all got massive breast reductions and are no longer allowed to show cleavage.
Not even black cat is allowed to be drawn with her old breast size or show as much cleavage as she used to in the past.
there simply are no comics anymore left for people like me.
sjws never cared about creating more comics they only cared about destroying things that trigger them as in cool white male heroes and sexy women

>How fucking childish are you?
how fucking childish are you that seeing a few women looking prettier then you sends you in such a rage and made you campaign for decades until marvel and dc where to afraid of still drawing them?

>It's not like you need comics to get some t&a, my instagram feed is mostly thots in high-cut bikinis and shit like that
that makes it even more insane that comic can´t do it any more these days.
>I can live with Psylocke not wearing her swimsuit costume.
world doesn´t only care about you. there a lots of people who want the sjw censorship to end and see sexy costumes making a return

>Also, everybody in comics is virtually naked
women sure aren´t anymore. only men. spider-man who has a full body costume get´s drawn showing of more skin then black cat these days since writer insist of having peter strip down every issue or two
modern comics are more sexist to men then they ever were to women

I think you should just focus on books that you like and stop reading outrage fuel. Again, sticking to Waid, his Daredevil and Doctor Strange runs are good, not to mention his 90s work which is mostly fantastic as well. You don't sound like a man who read comics, you sound like a man who combs the internet for people complaining about comics and then complain about those people.
I'm neither a woman nor enraged by pretty women, I'm enraged by outrage-addicted faggots like you who drive the discourse both here and elsewhere into the fucking ground. Most of the SJW shit you faggots complain about barely lasts a year (like everything in the big two), while thousands upon thousands of books that could cater to whatever you want are published by smaller companies but you're such a corporate cuck, your mind is so completely raped by these intellectual properties, that not only you think they owe anything to you, you think people are going out of their way to try and destroy it just so they can affect you.
Go look for some books that interest you, I just started reading Concrete and Metropol and both are very good books done by very competent artists, becase as an adult man, I'm interested in good comics, not in reading more big two fanfiction (which can be good from time to time, but most often won't be due to the very nature of these properties).

Stopped reading comics around 2015. End Game made me interested again. Do feminists still reign supreme? Looking at some recent covers at least make it seem so ...

Knowing my luck I’ll probably just get the basic shit, Transformers Comic, Whatever marvel and DC put out as a sample, some obscure shit and that’s about it.

Oh also heading to a comic shop I always win shit at whenever it’s Free Comic Book Day.

have sex