Look at the fucking level of this damage control

Look at the fucking level of this damage control

Attached: dmgsnic.png (605x462, 61K)

I'm glad no none of the Sonic girls are on this movie.

hmm should have asked the public before making the complete movie

Got to admire Sonic fans for defending their franchise, even if they do come across as nuts sometimes.

Look at Pokemon fans, they swallow shit and ask for more just, in the upcoming movie, in the games, in everything. Sonic fans trash everything that isn't Mania, but atleast it results in them getting things like Mania in the first place.

I think this shows that normies care more about Sonic than people let on.

Their deadline is in less than half a year. I don't know if it's even possible to create a new design for Sonic, then animate and render an entire film's worth of footage in that time.

>in the upcoming movie
bait

>#gottafixfast

Attached: mike_laugh.jpg (3000x3420, 1.16M)

There’s no way they have the time or money needed to do this.

Attached: 7f98280127dc7a78c70062ae38111c6b.jpg (718x977, 136K)

>Alright entire team of modelers, riggers and animators we've already dismissed thanks to being in post. Back to the drawing board!
Literally where would they get the money for this?

Unhappy investors.

>The Sonic Movie ends up costing 400 billion dollars to make and ends up making 2 million at the boxoffice

Attached: 1554498404003.jpg (960x899, 91K)

being fan of a Sega franchise must be fun

The way to make this the best movie possible is to not make it at all.

Glad I'm not the only one who laughed

>Film is already going to do terrible at the box office.
>Let's hike up the production cost so we'll be even bigger in the hole after it releases.
Okay. At this point you really should just try and cut your losses. Everything about this project has been received extremely negatively and it's been doomed from the start. Even Lionsgate understood this with the recent Hellboy movie.

Attached: Huh?.png (864x925, 331K)

Oh come on, the CGI looks better than in the Sonic movie, outside of that it's every other half-assed CGI movie Hollywood puts out, you're just proof of the fact.

This was the plan all along, more or less, not that they were hoping the realistic Sonic would be hated.

The movie is complete and not releasing until November. They have six months to replace the Sonic model in all scenes featuring it. Nothing else would have to be changed, and just changing it to the cartoon Sonic would be enough to change negative buzz to positive. There'll be just as many influencers posting about how awesome it is that they changed the Sonic as there are now shitting on the Sonic, and that buzz will happen closer to the film's release.

So yeah this is part of a masterplan, but execs would've preferred people liked the realistic Sonic lol.

They just need to double-down on the fact they've got Carrey

I figured the plan was that realistic Sonic would create the buzz (and it did) and then it would end up in the movie that he morphs into cartoon Sonic, like how movie Eggman looks way more like actual Eggman at the end of the trailer.

If this happens that was a 10/10 call user, unsure they're on that level of 4D chess though

Seems unlikely, we know about the Actual Eggman look because someone saw the movie, and that didn't happen.

My badger wife remains unsullied

>Their deadline is in less than half a year. I don't know if it's even possible to create a new design for Sonic, then animate and render an entire film's worth of footage in that time.
You doubt the VFX industry.

The Sonic fans piss and whine and all they get is one good game. Totally worth it

You cannot fathom how excited I am for this cinematic schadenfreude

I wouldn't think of it as 4D chess because it does cost them more money overall. Any poster designs etc. they have lying around right now are all rendered worthless if they have to replace Sonic on all of them. But I think they knew this was coming, and that people on staff had been fighting with the execs over the Sonic design all along, and an overwhelming negative reaction to the Sonic trending worldwide would finally force them to change. All those leaks might've been intentional too, who knows. Not when someone leaked the entire movie synopsis though, nobody would've wanted that.

You sound mad user, Sonic fans are autistic but they get their results.

I'd rather complain and speak up and get something fixed than sit quietly, do nothing and pretend everything gamefreak shits out is fine.

Digimon has the same issue, Bandai told fans to buy their shitting fighting game if they wanted their actual Digimon World games, though to be fair most people called it out as bullshit, the fact those practices exist is pretty fucked

That's not really damage control, that's just admirable admission of fucking up. Fags like OP are the reason why companies keep doubling down on their retardation instead of admitting they fucked up and giving it another try. Not to mention it's annoying as fuck. We should be praising them for actually trying to fix it, even though it's obviously going to still end up being a fucking mess.

Attached: ....png (640x482, 299K)

Attached: 102398AD-3F60-4F02-8B7B-FD3CCE45FB24.jpg (680x495, 76K)

>and that people on staff had been fighting with the execs over the Sonic design all along
I get execs being arrogant but I figure they would be more careful dealing with gamer crowds, i think these groups tend to be more purist

What happened with Hellboy?

>It would end up in the movie that he morphs into cartoon Sonic, like how movie Eggman looks way more like actual Eggman
This is the only real way they can fix it per the tweet in the OP. Just make Sonic look like cartoon Sonic in the end of the movie once everyone moves into the game world since they already have the regular Robotnik look there already. That way they can handwave it as "Sonic only looked like that in the real world! See the sequel for the Sonic you know and love!"

Attached: Robotnik.jpg (1400x700, 446K)

Well said, user.
Wish more people drew her flat tho.

Attached: c2d47d395418776bcabb751456fed471.jpg (1200x857, 483K)

Damn shame.

It was shit on by fans from the beginning at the first trailer, got unbelievably terrible reviews and crashed horribly at the box office.

Attached: Hellboy 2019.png (712x230, 112K)

>Let's hike up the production cost so we'll be even bigger in the hole after it releases.

Thats called "throwing money at a bomb to try and fix it". Standard Hollywood procedure.

But I don't want changes. I'm happy to see these weird-ass designs and I'm even more amused at all the butthurt they're causing among fans who are cranky because Sonic doesn't look like a Sega Genesis sprite. It's like the Mario movie all over again, and if it ends up being half as good as that '90s sci-fi b-movie masterpiece, I'll consider it a win.

This. If there's one thing hollywood has in abundance, it's underpaid keyboard jockeys with degrees in graphic arts that will just crank out renders until they get told they can go home.

That's the kind of mentally of a retarded CEO. Nothing is doomed.

Well, 'cept Monster Trucks.

Fuck you Boco for making me remember that.

She will never appear in any Sonic material ever again user, never ever

People keep posting this like it looks better, but it still looks like shit. It's just shit with proper proportions.

>As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
>I take a look at my life and realize there's nothin' left
>‘Cause I've been blastin' and laughin' so long
>That even my momma thinks that my mind is gone

Actually, unlike the entire cast of SatAM, Japan likes her. So her chances are slightly better.

It's still bad but saying it doesn't look better is stupid. Nearly anything would be better than the original. It's right in a weird "not quite human not quite toon" middle that's incredibly offputting.

Not a Sonic fan and no stake in how well this movie performs, but this is fascinating. I do want adaptations to respect the original material, but I also believe in creators having the freedom to do what they want without pulling punches.

We've all seen shows that listen to fan response too much and end up pleasing no one. Fans don't know what they want, and they aren't creatives. Normie fans confuse wish fulfillment with what ought to be narratively (Game Of Thrones), while the most rabid fans fixate on certain things to the point where nothing you can do is enough (Voltron).

Paramount's willingness to admit a mistake and fix it is commendable in many ways, but this might just compound issues and ensure this project is a financial black hole they can't escape.

How the fuck does Sonic still have fans after so many crappy games.

>#gottafixfast
haha yikes

Who the FUCK are you to question it?

Top fucking lel, how did that happen? I thought Hellboy had it's share of fans.

>Not a Sonic fan and no stake in how well this movie performs
Qualification of indenttiy

> I do want adaptations to respect the original material, but I also believe in creators having the freedom to do what they want without pulling punches.
Toothless opinions

>that spacing
>that capitalization

This is a goddamn reddit poster If I ever found one. Be honest user, you came from reddit didn't you?

Attached: 1370503008456.jpg (1407x956, 168K)

Her voice actress also does the voice for the female avatar on Sonic Forces and Sticks also got her own profile on the japanese Sonic site plus a comic.

Attached: 269.jpg (810x2091, 505K)

Attached: 1555351765261.jpg (737x1153, 82K)

This whole thing reminds me of WB scrambling to fix Suicide Squad and Justice League.

May it fail as badly as they did.

They fired Del Toro and Perlman.

>This was a new coke scam from the start and they always had the "backup" version of the movie in production.
Genius.

I would like to point out that this artist is a massive faggot for putting his signature on a copyrighted character

It still looks like shit.

>What's a writeoff?
They're taking this chance to get a huge tax break.

She wasn't in the Sonic Boom game, and I was to understand the rights to her belong to the studio who made the TV show, so it would be a licensing nightmare. And the TV show isn't coming back because the staff have all moved on to other projects.

>no more Sticks
>no more Boom Amy/Knuckles

What if this is all a marketing scheme and the actual model looks normal.

Paramount ain't that smart.

Remember the Bay Ninja Turtles?

>‘Cause I've been blastin' and laughin' so long
>Unlike Sonic I don't chuckle
The lore deepens

You are incredibly stupid. He still made the art.

The fuck? Everyone does that. The signature doesn't mean he owns the character, just that it's him that drew the artwork.

Sonic Mania was great, Sonic Boom was excellent, Sonic appeared in the latest SuperSmash Bros which is still exposure, and he's got the new racing game coming out soon, which to be fair looks shit, Transformed was the best kart game last gen and they took out all the characters.

Plus Chris Chan will shill it forever

>Qualification of indenttiy

Nah, I'm just saying I don't know the Sonic franchise. I'm pleading ignorance. I don't know what people really want out of it, what's faithful and what's not. I'm mildly aware of the original Genesis games, the Saturday morning cartoon, and the drama surrounding the comics that I've picked up from Yea Forums through osmosis. Outside of character design it seemed like the personalities and tone were all different.

Which version of Sonic would be most faithful to you?

You sign your name for the rendition credit you fucking retard.

It's not his design, so he can fuck off.

>Everyone does that
It's still a shitty practice.

>Bay Ninja Turtles
>Bay Ninja
>Bay
There's your problem

No, retrofitting a new Sonic design wouldn't be that hard. They have all of the animation keyframes. Subbing in a new model of (relatively) same proportion isn't THAT much work. It would mostly be re-lipsync-ing and eye movements.

How old are you?

>Nothing else would have to be changed
You mean besides all the printed promotional art they sent to movie theaters, bus stops, and stores all over the country?

What does age have to do with this. Taking credit for property that isn't yours is disgusting. Make original content.

Do you legitimately have autism?

She was in the other ones, just not the shitty Wiiu one

What is autistic about calling out a shitty practice? This is why artists never make original content and just sell fanart 24/7
If I were to make an edit like that I would have the dignity of not putting my fucking signature on it, because it's not my property.

Yeah, there goes the posters. Might be worth something now, actually...

>What does age have to do with this.
I think you've said all you need to, little buddy. Maybe it's time for your juice box and a nap.

Its autism

I just fucking hate fanart

You're either autistic or insane. Best of luck to you, user.

Attached: StickS.png (1280x1116, 752K)

Sticks doing her best Gallagher impression.

The problem isn't "reee they changed it," it's that the execution is Hollywood schlock. It's unfunny, ugly and awkward. Nobody cares that Jim Carrey goes from normal man to cartoon character over the course of the movie, or that Sonic makes friends with a cop, or that they're using hiphop in the score. They care that Jim's jokes are terrible, that Sonic is ugly as fuck, and that the music is lazy licensed bullshit. I promise you, if Sonic had a cute design, Jim was actually in-character and making good cracks, and the music was an original track akin to Pumpkin Hill, people would be celebrating this as an unashamed cheesefest that embraces Sonic as a madcap franchise.

Can you please tell me what is autistic or insane about this reasoning? There is no original content because artists keep acting like opportunistic little shits instead of producing anything creative. I don't have anything against someone drawing that edit but putting THREE fucking signatures on it means this faggot is trying to exploit this thing to gain popularity. And since this is not his property he's a slimy fuck. How is this not deplorable? You are a creative person, if you peddle fanart at cons you are filthy. Can you please explain to me how artists abusing properties they do not own to gain popularity is not a bad thing at all? You know that's not even legal right?

KANNA NOOO

The part where you think artists should live in total anonymity if they dare make works they don't own all rights to. By your retarded logic Mad Magazine shouldn't exist.

>Sonic on the left was made within a billion dollar budget at 2 PM by a male 30-something college-grad animator that is woke/anti trump and was listening to diverse, politically-charged, thought provoking rap/pop music and eating a salad with water during the process.
>Sonic on the right was probably made for free at 3 AM by a quiet/shy female sonic fangirl who was listening to a Mass of the Fermenting Dregs/Celeste ost/Sonic 2 ost playlist and either eating ramen noodles or a McDonald's Big Mac with large fries and drinking beer during the process.

Excellent taste

Attached: 1464323422578.webm (627x352, 993K)

Artists should make their own content of fuck off. Things would be a lot better if they did.

>It's unfunny, ugly and awkward.
Sure, I agree. It's all of those things, but sometimes bad things have a cohesion to them. Which is why I'm not certain this is the right move. No matter what changes they make, it's still going to be the people and the decision makers that got the movie to this point. Their tastes aren't going to change overnight. The movie's tone isn't going to change overnight.

What's more likely to happen is that it'll be pulled towards somewhere in the middle. It's not going to be the movie that fans want, and it's not going to be this weird alternate vision of Sonic either.

>if Sonic had a cute design

Maybe the fan backlash will be the kick in the pants for Sega to make its own fully CGI animated movie. That might be the upside.

Wish more people drew her flat chested or with small breasts instead of giving her disgusting big breasts (if you like that stuff you already got Rouge no need to put them on girls like Blaze or Sticks).

Attached: 15576.png (750x650, 252K)

This is why people think that you're autistic

>Maybe the fan backlash will be the kick in the pants for Sega to make its own fully CGI animated movie.

Or just worry about the franchise's quality again. Pull a Dragonball evolution.

Or even better, retire him for a few years. Start fresh.

>it's still going to be the people and the decision makers that got the movie to this point. Their tastes aren't going to change overnight.
You have a naive view of how Hollywood works. Artistic vision is routinely trampled by executives for their warped perception of mass appeal.

What do you think "decision makers" refer to?

Look at her. She’s trying so hard to understand what’s going on, but her furry little brain just can’t process it.

Producers and directors after being given back the reigns. They're in full panic mode.

>quiet/shy female sonic fangirl
Was she cute?

would you accept large breasts but compressed into flatness as a compromise?

In my experience, female Sonic fans make very different kinds of art that can’t be posted on a blue board...

Attached: cream.jpg (1920x1200, 617K)

Show of hands, who wants to bet nothing is actually going to change about the design?

Nah.

Attached: sticks.jpg (1920x1200, 707K)

>yfw the only thing they change is the arms color

God the best part is how Frozen 2 comes out like right after Sonic.

Forget box office, there won't even be any screens around to show it on

That’s not a compromise, it’s just extra fetish fuel for the big tiddy gang

That would be based

Attached: 50b5309ffc7f2dca34223077352e51cb436bc0f0_hq.jpg (357x412, 16K)

In honor to this sonicjust, we should have a coldsteel the hedgehog thread with DA OCs

Sticks is NOT a retard

Attached: tumblr_nlbrebygAk1u5cb23o5_400.gif (400x247, 1.52M)

>We've all seen shows that listen to fan response too much and end up pleasing no one. Fans don't know what they want, and they aren't creatives
Uh, I don't think a movie that just looks like Transformers' plot with a blue hedgehog is the peak of creativity

>Not a Sonic fan
Then shut the fuck up

Attached: shadab.webm (720x720, 2.62M)

>doesn't matter what they do, it will die anyways against a far more popular franchise
It's the Dreamcast all over again.

How long were they working on this movie anyway? I remember there was a discussion about a "future Sonic movie" way back in 2013. I think it's a little too late for changes.

Attached: 1556678609805.gif (390x339, 166K)

Maybe the team designed two Sonic’s: one that’s more faithful to the original design and one that got the approval of the studio. They probably fought hard to have their design in the movie but you can’t really fight what to studio wants so they self sabotaged and released the worst trailer imaginable in hopes of stirring up controversy so that the studio would see that fans would rather see their more faithful design instead. Now all they have to do is swap it out quickly and everybody wins in the end

>Frozen is two weeks later

Ha. They better be hoping and praying for a strong opening, cuz word of mouth is gonna sink this fucker faster than the Titanic.

It's LESS than less than half a year. They don't have until the day before it drops in theaters to finish a movie, movies typically need to be ready to be distributed at least 2 - 3 months prior to theater release for advertising and promotional purposes.

If they hope to meet the November release date, at the absolute latest, the movie needs to be done by the end of August. So either they're going to do horseshit and not change a thing, or they're going to work their VFX artists to the bone by making the easiest changes (Most likely to the face) and have them do overnights the next couple of months.

That looks worse, honestly. Now he looks like a full blown alien instead of weird uncanny CG.

>Wants to tweak the movie so that it can be the best product it can be with what they have
>LOLZ GUYS DAMAGE CONTROL

Be honest you want the movie to be bad so you can have something to shitpost about on the internet.

My wife.

It's going to be bad because video game movies are always bad, especially when you use the plot, "What if X came to the real world?"

user. She's 8.

should've listened to the feedback for the poster, what a bunch of dumbasses, and as usual it'll be the artists to pay for it by overworking and getting underpaid

8 in rabbit years is 76 in human years

(You)

Oh, robbing the grave, eh?

Well, at least they're trying to "fix" it, instead of shitting everyone who critics it.

>movies typically need to be ready to be distributed at least 2 - 3 months prior to theater release for advertising and promotional purposes.
Plus merchandising. Changing the design this late in the game would be murder for the retailers. This is why I think nothing is really gonna change at all

Attached: Fjhbv.jpg (480x360, 46K)

I think this is even deader than Hellboy in Captain Marvel/Shazam/Endgame.
Jesus fucking christ did they really thought making Hellboy into "that" would make them earn money?

Can’t wait to see the landfill full of proto-Sonic funkos

>Studio admits they fucked up and are gonna fix it
>Don't shit talk the fans and act like cunts blaming "incels/trolls/Nazis/buzzword of the month" for the bad press
>Somehow they're the asshole
No, user, they made a mistake and are fixing it and being gracious about it. Damage Control would be blaming everyone else for their fuckup and sticking to the horrible design.

Attached: I dunno.jpg (500x327, 19K)

>No, user, they made a mistake and are fixing it
Again, I stress, do you actually think they are going to do this? Like for real?

Because the majority of the crappy games have cult fans

>SA2 is widely loved, despite it's numerous audio flaws and questionable gameplay choices
>Sonic Heroes on the PS2 is stupidly hard to complete fully due to the strict emerald challenges and crappy controls meshing horribly, and yet people keep playing it
>Shadow the Hedgehog felt like a terrible cross between Farscape, SA2, any hammer horror movie, and Black Dynamite and is still somehow the best game I'm going to put on this list, purely because the controls are decent
>Sonic 2006 is the first Sonic game to openly endorse bestiality, Shadow/Jesus imagery, the third worst controls of any AAA game to date in 2006, horrible aesthetic choices, poor software implementation, and gunning down a hedgehog version of Islam's devil, as well as many other terrible features aside from the last one. Naturally, it still has the most fervent cult fans
>Apparently people liked the Wii games
>There was a BIOWARE DS RPG with active timed button pressed battle mechanics, that was so mediocre all I remember is that Knuckles is essentially the echidna equivalent of Tennant finale Doctor Who, the last sane member of a space warping race
>Everything else was mediocre or good enough to keep SEGA on life support until now

I have this bridge I'm selling, anyone interested?

> anno domini
> Year of Our Lord 2019
> people are still fans of Sonic
Why would you do this to yourself?

Both are cute.

Attached: 55e.jpg (695x1024, 49K)

Out of slight hope that Iizuka, the last member of the old guard will someday return to actually direct rather than just doing PR bullshit he clearly hates.

This. The amount of faggots who unironically defend SM anime when it's with unreasonable doubt the worst season ever is proof enough this fandom will always evolve/devolve conveniently depending of the situation.

Pure autistic

Do you think people care about OCs and shit
Get a fucking grip on reality, if you want to eat with art you have to use popular characters

Attached: 1502386091715.gif (196x200, 491K)

What if Sonic is turning into a real hedgehog for spending too much time in our world? Once they go back to Sonic world/pick up the emerald shards he transforms back and somehow makes Robotnik to go bald and get a crazy moustache.

I don't understand how people can be attracted to sonic character proportions

They're not actually going to change anything. You guys must realize that

Did they send them out? Do we know this for a fact, have they been running ads offline?

Even just going back and rerendering ever single scene with creepy Sonic in it (changing nothing, just "shooting" the scenes again) would already cost them a ton. Actually going back and changing the model entirely seems impossible. The most I can see them doing is slapping a few things on the scenes in post, or just straight up cutting a lot of the Sonic scenes which will please nobody.

Shadow the Hedgehog is not better than SA2

I haven't been a fan of Sonic since Generations which I can confidently say now because that game was 8 years ago.

Mania was alright but not to make me fan.

>Film is already going to do terrible at the box office.
Everyone who is shitting on the movie wants to watch it. It's going to make a lot of money because people want to see how bad it is.

We've already seen what the final movie is going to look like.

This whole thing is a viral marketing campaign, just you wait.

Attached: sonicposterleak2.png (656x709, 686K)

Yes, there's a bunch of posters already existing for theaters with the movie design on it

Attached: dd4j8h27fev21.jpg (864x1080, 409K)

>Everyone who is shitting on the movie wants to watch it.
Yeah watch it, not pay money for it. Cringe culture doesn't work in real life for film as consistently as it would on Youtube.

The worst part about this is that they already released "alpha" footage. They're going to get reamed even harder once the "improved" footage comes in. People on youtube will show the two shots side by side and prove that they only changed the rim lighting on Sonic's fur or something equally miniscule.

Are you dumb? The most obvious fake thing about that poster is chris pratt, who's not in the movie.

starring America Ferrera as Amy Rose

She's kinda cute. I see her as a plain jane.
True, but I couldn't picture her being a guy though.

There will be now, I'm sure of it
Movies often get complete do-overs, remember New Mutants or Dark PhoeniX?

I'm fucking laughing at all the people who think Sonic's design is actually going to change, It's far far to late

but they said #GottaFixFast

See the real problem is by admitting that there is a "problem", they've kind of somewhat doomed the movie. Indicating that the movie in it's state is "wrong" and needs to be fixed may be seen as listening to the fans sure but it also means that they are basically acknowledging that this is "bad" and boy are people gonna run with that

Of course, this is all assuming they change anything at all (they likely will not)

White people all look alike I didn't even realize that wasn't the same guy.

>SM anime
>worst season
The animation has never been better. Also being different from XY makes it easier to forget BURASTO BURN!!

>waah this design sucks le too realistic uncanny valley
>"In response to this negative reception, we will change the design."
>waah this is damage control u cowards
What do you faggots want? At this rate the only way any of you fuckers will be pleased is if media as a whole just stopped being made since you clearly don't know what you want and hate everything regardless of whether or not it's actually bad.

And for the record, I think Sonic's movie design is fucking horrible and have no interest in seeing this.

Can't have Chris-chan finally losing it and shooting up a movie theater. Imagine the slaughter, the tard-strength of 100 gorillas. He'd kill millions.

Attached: 1524114694302.jpg (800x450, 80K)

>bringing Pokémon into this

Buttmad that detective pikachu is going to win an Oscar

>What do you faggots want?
This movie not coming out

WE CAN DREAM, GOD DAMN IT.

Attached: chris chan The Adventure to Find a Boyfriend-Free Girl.jpg (1200x607, 78K)

I mean, Marsden is cute so I’m seeing it regardless

>women

Attached: Cream-The-Rabbit.jpg (640x480, 85K)

she was there as an npc

nigger

Big hands are cute.

I'm honestly so used to studios telling us the audience is wrong, that the film they produce can't be flawed, and that we, the viewers, must accept the changes they made and still expected to pay for it, that it seems almost baffling to me to see Paramount actually listen to the fans and cater to them.

People are going to say they caved, or that somehow appealing to fans who want to support you, because subverting expectations is the only thing that matters now, is wrong and shilling, but it's a welcome change.

>that it seems almost baffling to me to see Paramount actually listen to the fans and cater to them.
I mean, that's of course assuming they actually do change anything at all

lmao this is the opposite of good

Perfection.

I'm a big fan of Carrey, especially when he does weird shit (like his Grinch, which I adore), but he feels so, so out of place as Eggman. Maybe it's the writing, maybe it's the directing, but he is the fakest thing in the trailer

Dude, what?

Ears are backwards.

>fucks your girlfriend
>me doing that gives you an erection

what now, smart guy

As long as she keeps her spats on, she'll be back for the next Olympics game.

Attached: Sticks Prepares for the Olympics.jpg (680x680, 105K)

Unbridled autism.

Does anyone else think Sonic looks like James Marsten in a fursuit?

What could they possibly fix without reshoots?

Add Crush 40 music to every scene

isn’t the whole point of CGI characters that you can change it without reshoots?

Can’t wait until we get rid of human actors already

Not the plot.

Just do what pokemon did
Use the same models as the game but chamge the texture

nobody’s complaining about the plot...yet

Sticks a cute, so are Cream and Blaze.
Amy a shit.

Attached: no fun.jpg (488x516, 91K)

People act as if being a fan of Sonic means that that's the one thing you look forward to all year and it's all you think about.
I like Sonic but I don't buy every game or support every product. I haven't for years. I also don't act cool for hating a cartoon character because of its shitty fanbase, as I'm a grown adult.

I am. Sonic falls through a portal to earth? Page one fucking rewrite. There has never been a good movie that used this trope.

Does it matter at this point
No one at Sega is happy about the movie, Sonics original creators have publicly denounced the movie with Naka even apologizing for him not stopping it, Sonics english voice actor calls it a joke and his jap voice actor thinks its insulting.
Why even promote it, just write it off as a $90 million dollar loss and promis to never put Sonic in his own movie again saved for crossover film by studios who care.

Why didn't they just make an animated film?

Agreed.

>I also believe in creators having the freedom to do what they want without pulling punches.

But this isn't a creation...its an adaptation that is supposed to moderately appeal to the original fanbase. Creators should certainly be allowed their own vision for their own creations but if they do somebody else's creation? They need to at least have respect for it.

You are such a twat. How is it hard for you to understand that the fan-artist owns the artwork but not the character?

Attached: 1549030973251.png (242x314, 44K)

I definitely am, the plot is every "famous character comes to OUR WORLD WHOA" that's ever existed and that's just the most generic shit for a Sonic movie

I think it's because Carrey isn't playing Eggman, he's just playing Carrey. If anything it seems like the direction here was "hey Jim remember the crazy characters you played in the 90's just do that shit again"

Attached: 1544464699471.jpg (900x900, 148K)

Probably - but Carrey's done a lot since then and I don't think that he can get back to that old way of acting

Yes, but the problem here isn't so much the feasibility of changing the CGI model this late in the game (which is doable, though you'd probably still be able to tell it was rushed), but the fact that they'd have to also alter all of the marketing material and merchandise. There's basically no way they can fix the merch in time because toys, etc. take a long time to design and make. The marketing material would be doable as far as time but at that point they've already spent the money for it so that's gone to waste and now they have to spend even more money to do it all over again.

Basically, the only options here are to either do a mild redesign that isn't that different from what's already been shown, or delay the movie.

You'd think so but that's clearly what he's doing in the trailer. He's playing an evil Ace Ventura. He hasn't done wacky characters in ages but apparently that's exactly what they hired him to do.

The sad part is they probably blew a significant chunk of the budget on him even though it's been years since he's been a big box office draw.

Attached: IMG_20190314_062031.jpg (1000x560, 67K)

It's really just an odd choice. We're 20+ years from that wacky Jim Carrey. Even someone like Neil Patrick Harris would've been a better choice (though not by much).

According to wikipedia the budget is $90 which honestly explains why they went the live action route, and why Sonic seems to be the only animal character in the movie.