Say what you will about Age of Ultron itself, but this is one of the best scenes in the MCU

Say what you will about Age of Ultron itself, but this is one of the best scenes in the MCU.

Attached: afraid.png (951x567, 934K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zWLwP9pEWB8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree. It reminded me, of all things, the root beer scene in DS9 (Garak and Quark discussing the Federation).

>Well, I was born yesterday.
I liked it.

I liked Vision a lot in AoU.

>Both scenes where Ultron is in a damaged body with no facial expressions are his best scenes
What does it mean?

Attached: file.png (480x360, 200K)

>"I AM ULTR-"
>"lol who cares *lazer beam*"

It was literally the only time he was useful

It was

Agreed. With a less uncanny valley face Ultron would have been much better received.

see

I didn't mind his face. His personality bugged me. I don't mind quips, but within reason.

Also he felt nerfed, considering he didn't knock Captain America away in a matter of seconds.

Agreed. The best part about AoU was always Vision.

The gang trying to lift the hammer, Steve and Tony chopping wood, Klaw's introduction, AoU had a lot of good scenes. Maybe if the Feige had already gotten out from under Perlmutter's thumb and Whedon had a co-writer to help with dialogue, it could've been a good movie.

Attached: Mvc2-captain-america.jpg (500x900, 88K)

new characters are Always awesome.

It was a good movie. Not perfect and certainly not as good as the first or the sequels, but solid in its own right.

Vision was criminally underused.

also this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=zWLwP9pEWB8

>Klaw's introduction
you know, I watched the movie but I don't remeber that part

For Civil War and Infinity War, he was too powerful for the stories they were telling, so he was sidelined, and then injured. Then they didn't even bring him back for Endgame and finally give him a chance to shine.

Ultron goes after Klaw because he's the only white guy who can get him vibranium

>Vision never got revived in Endgame and had a chance to shine

This shocked and bugged me a shit ton.

he'll be back eventually. Disney announced a scarlet witch and vision show for Disney +, and the timeline doesn't match up for it to fit in between Civil War and Infinity War. Since they confirmed that all Disney + shows are fully canon, odds are he's getting revived.

Attached: the vision.jpg (360x554, 54K)

Same here, especially after all the leaks about how long people were on set, and he seemed to be there for most of the filming, yet wasn't even in it.

Until we know more, there's the risk that they do some House of M type false reality and he never really comes back, or he comes back but the movies never acknowledge or reference him being alive.

It was really good
It's only a shame that JARVIS and Ultron didn't interact more throughout the movie.
Honestly, the whole movie should have been about foreshadowing Stark's paranoia and how wrong he was about trying to put the Earth in a suit of armor

>or he comes back but the movies never acknowledge or reference him being alive.

At the risk of sounding like a shill, I'm really impressed with how Disney is doing their streaming service. They don't appear to be afraid to cross over and blur the line between the TV series and movies. They have the actual big name actors from the movies showing up as regulars in the shows, and have stated that things that happen in the TV show will appear in the movies.

Then again they could just be talking out their ass and none of this will come true when the service releases.

Fuck me, I wish Age of Ultron was better
It would have been more interesting if they set AoU over the course of a whole year. It was the literal single age of Ultron, and they'd have time to show how his attempt to MassEffectReaper the Earth was hurting people and how extreme and wrong Tony's original plan was.

Even though he was entirely correct?

>more depth between those two robots in a one minute-long scene than Superman got in two movies

Attached: 1546519008289.gif (245x207, 2M)

>"You're unbearably naive..."
For some reason, I always loved that line from Ultron

That James Spader did a fucking good job?

There's actually a number of good scenes in AoU in my opinion, there's just a lot of junk in the way.

It all sounds good, and the MCU was built on the expectation that if you don't watch everything, you'll miss out on developments and not know who characters are, but there's a lot of difference between having something like a Bucky/Falcon series where they have an adventure, then they show up again in a movie, and the movies can reference the series with as little as a single line, to something like if Vision or Loki come back from the dead in a series, it would be a major development that would need more explanation for audiences that hadn't seen the shows. We don't know yet if the movies will do anything like this.

This.
I remember having a lot of mixed feelings on it when I first saw it and unfortunately I ended up remembering the shitty parts more than the good ones. I think Whedon's quips muddle a lot of the weight of the movie.

It means that those scenes were written before studio meddling.

Shut up.

Ultron should've survived with Vision in the mind stone and re-emerged in Endgame to deceptively play a guilt ridden Thanos like a fiddle, secretly taking control of the stones for himself

Whatever Whedon's faults that the Russos made up for, Whedon's Vision was a far more interesting character. You got the sense that he had more going on under the surface in his attitude toward trying to defend humanity, and Whedon didn't seem like he was always trying to find ways for the powerful characters like Vision to be nerfed or shelved so they don't instantly solve the blot.

The Russos did a lot to humanize Vision by showing us what he was like when he was 'off-duty' and being socially awkward, and struggling to deal with his feelings, those scenes were good for him. But in every battle, he's either absent, doesn't do anything, or loses badly to someone who can counter his abilities. Casuals who just want action don't seem to like him because of how they mishandled him.