Hi Yea Forums, Yea Forums here. Hit me with your Yea Forumsest comics and novel graphic novels...

Hi Yea Forums, Yea Forums here. Hit me with your Yea Forumsest comics and novel graphic novels. Is the stuff from Jodo like pic related any good? I've heard good things from Blueberry (Charlier) and Corto Maltese (Pratt) as well; any truth in that? Thanks lads.

Attached: Incal.jpg (477x643, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T0ZqKMCRewI
youtube.com/watch?v=b8BrjvOs-eA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Obligatory

Attached: 627805.jpg (600x926, 148K)

What are you actually interested in besides being a psuedo-intellectual?

More like "The Incel" amirite gies?

Attached: photo_20190430_144517.jpg (1112x466, 131K)

>Yea Forumsty
>lads
>Jodo
Fuck off fag. What, is Jodorowsky your pal from the pub? Just lurk moar. Or google some shit. It’s not like Yea Forumsmblr reads comics. But just because I’m a generous guy, I’ll tell (you) to read Bacchus. It should /fit/ you...

I prefer Metabarons. Jodo's Borgias comic is great and Dark horse is printing a paperback of it this year.

Check out the first 2 volumes of the Manara Library, it has 2 really good stories written by Hugo Pratt.

Top 10 is my favorite comic written by Alan Moore, and if you like police procedurals you'll enjoy it. If you like horror/weird fiction check out his Providence comic.

Not everyone will agree, but Ennis is my favorite writer and if you want his Yea Forumsest work read Fury: My War Gone By.

How stupid do you have to be to misspell The Incel?

Am I the only person that prefers Before the Incal to The Incal?

Attached: 9934449bf23a5744506e0543839fd460._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1707, 616K)

Haven't read Incal, I hear it's supposed to be real good. I'd highly recommend Blast by Manu Larcenet. It's about an amoral writer who becomes a hobo and starts wandering around rural France getting into disturbing situations. The protagonist's inner-monologue is very Yea Forumserary, and the art is fantastic. It's similar to Goodnight Punpun where it's all cartoonish, exaggerated characters set against photorealistic backgrounds.There's lots of kino symbolic imagery involving Maoi heads, most of which is left open to the audience's interpretation.

As far as Yea Forums material goes, it's highly reminiscent of Child of God by Cormac McCarthy, and maybe The Road as well as it frequently has this grim, post-apocalyptic atmosphere even though it's not a post-apocalyptic work. Both those work's are also about man's inhumanity to man on some level, which features heavily into Blast.

Attached: 1516912139690.jpg (1169x1508, 405K)

I fully support this. It's a wild ride.

I really like Supreme Power by JMS. Can superheroes be Yea Forums?

Attached: 71XHbkXSbpL.jpg (900x1350, 195K)

Attached: Maus.jpg (267x372, 29K)

Attached: 722995.jpg (600x935, 97K)

Attached: Kikithequeenofmontparnasse.jpg (1151x1719, 334K)

Grant Morrison
Alan Moore
Neil Gaiman
Peter Milligan
Warren Ellis
Will Eisner
Robert Crumb
Garth Ennis (YMMV)

The Great Famine and Culture Revolution from the eyes of the comic author who spent his early childhood on both. Brainwashed overly idealistic kid who slowly gets his optimism dashed when starvation, witch-hunts and violence erupts. Great read, no clue whether theres an english version of this though.

Attached: une-vie-chinoise.jpg (570x800, 158K)

Attached: Kullervo.jpg (2045x2889, 3.11M)

>The Incel and The MetaChad

What are the qualifications for something to be Yea Forums

That thing hurt my eyes

Kek

If you like weird sci-fi, surrealism, and an action adventure comic, then yes. Don't expect much in the character department. Otherwise, I'd recommend I'd also add Stray Bullets, Irmina, War Stories and Battlefields.

Styx, of: De zesplankenkoorts

Gabby Rivera's America is pure transformative literature like a modern day Ulysses.

Comics are a visual media, most " literary " comics are visually bland like Maus or Sabrina

Attached: award winning comic.jpg (750x944, 153K)

Love & Rockets

>concrete the incal

A work that's impossible for anyone to actually genuinely legitimately enjoy, but which someone can accumulate e-points for their e-penis by pretending to enjoy it.

Attached: pretentious asshole starter pack for comic book snobs.jpg (2500x2000, 1.41M)

>HOW DARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS

Attached: 1550982323617.jpg (600x450, 98K)

Sandman by Neil Gaiman.

Or do the cool kids on Yea Forums hate Gaiman?

Attached: images.png (225x225, 6K)

Brainlet
Faggot
Brainlet and faggot

Here are some of my favorite, denser reads (unfortunately for some, are primarily in black and white):
From Hell: A holistic exploration of the Ripper murders,complete with magic rituals, conspiracy, English history and architecture.
The Adventures of Luther Arkwright: An alternate history England in which the English Civil War continues into the 20th century, featuring a sex-having, dimension-hopping protagonist and the hunt for a superweapon that threatens the multiverse. This comic inspired a good chunk of the British invasion comics.
Peplum (or anything really by Blutch): Fellini Satyricon meets Shakespeare.
Blast: Alack Sinner: American noir authored by Argentines, drawn in almost abstract black and white. Mostly mood pieces and commentary. Inspired the art of Sin City, Dave McKean, and Keith Giffen.
The Book of Jim: A semi-autobio/dream journal written and drawn by a guy who has had hallucinations and dabbles in Hinduism.
Blacklung: Muppet-like pirates in a Cormac McCarthy-inspired tale.

Corto Maltese is pretty cool, but I feel it's a bit dated. The later books were my favorite.
As for Jodorowsky, I've only read The Incal and The Metabarons. The Incal might be one of my least favorite Moebius comics, but Metabarons was fun.
Maus and Sandman are good, but not among my favorites.

Attached: The Adventures of Luther Arkwright - 000 (v00) - p137 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (1988x3056, 2.46M)

incal's writing is utter garbage which means as someone from Yea Forums you'll probably like it if you can get past the good art

You are not prepared.

Attached: Blast_Manu_Larcenet.jpg (2011x2560, 928K)

I was just about to read pic related.
Someone told me it pulled off the lovecraftian horror style really well, without being pretentious about it.

Attached: 281892._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1073x1650, 249K)

Fixed that for ya

Attached: incel.png (475x642, 242K)

Attached: 1523996635984.jpg (480x336, 32K)

Sabrina is fucking abysmal. It only won the Man Booker prize for the novelty of it being a comic. How is it different from the endless slew of generic alternative comics ripping off Chris Ware and Daniel Clowes?

Is this only available in Dutch?

Blueberry is by Moebius.

Most of it was written by Charlier, drawn by Gir (Moebius), but then Charlier died in 1989, which is when Moebius took over.

This post best post.

This shit is terrible

Blast is fucking atrocious and it has absolutely NOTHING in common with the road or child of god.

What's bad about it?

Entirely too self indulgent and takes far too long showing you what a "totally terrible god awful terrible totally bad really horrible terrible totally bad guy" the piece of shit is. It could have been half as long, had I paid money for it and not read that shit for free with pretentious faggots in a story time I'd hate it even more.

I feel bad for anyone that wastes their time reading Blast.

>Entirely too self indulgent
>It could have been half as long
This is too vague, can you explain further?

Nah. What you're trying to do is cast aspersion upon me as being an unreliable source for a review because this thread was a stealth "let me shill Blast" thread.

It's trite garbage more focused on telling you how bad the MC is than giving you any sort of meaningful experience. It pats you on the back for not being despicable at every turn.

No, I'm trying to grasp your understanding of the series.
>What you're trying to do is cast aspersion upon me as being an unreliable source
You already did that to yourself. Your previous post is too vitriolic for anyone to take seriously. An informed breakdown of why it's bad would work better for you.
Also, this is no good:

NON-CAPE COMICS AMIRITE GUYS? XD

OP did start the thread with capeshit.

Attached: Adventures of a Japanese Businessman_43-2.jpg (1500x1043, 480K)

Yea Forums really did a number on Yea Forums

Attached: 018.jpg (1446x2029, 168K)

Attached: Daytripper 001-001.jpg (1280x1966, 1.24M)

Only two of those are me you replied to two people before dipshit. Learn to use the site before shilling your trash.

Cute

not that; incal is fun sci-fi, not Yea Forums.

i'm surprised fun home hasn't been listed yet

add another vote for asterios polyp

You were still samefagging. I haven't gotten a good answer from you after five posts other than butthurt interpretation so I'm going to assume you have nothing. Consider yourself unreliable.

+1 for metabarons

Cerebus.

Attached: Church and State.jpg (1024x768, 289K)

remove Morrison, he writes for retarded capeshitters

Wrong. In fact, Morrison is the only person in this thread who truly rises to Yea Forums's level. He's the Ulysses of Yea Forums.

Attached: The Highest Artistic Achievements of Films, Videogames, Literatures and Graphic Novels.jpg (1800x2048, 1.52M)

There's three of my favourite series in that picture and yet I can't help but die from laughter whenever I read it.
Also Paul Auster is a fucking faggot, disregard anything this man says, he is probably the avatar of what everyone thinks about when they talk about pseudo-intellectual, he's like a walking charicature of Don Delilo who is himself a charicature of what post-70s american society considers "a serious writer". Stick to the Pyncher, he's the GOAT postmodernist.

Besides the great choices here like Sandman, Cerebus, From Hell, The Incal, Maus, Blast:
>It was the war of the trenches
>Transmetropolitan
>Hellboy
>Kraven's last hunt
>Y: The last man
>Last man
>The life ant times of Scrooge McDuck
>Contract with God
There are french comics that adapt the works of Stefan Wul. They are great, especially Temple of the past.
A lot of french comics, actually, like Miss don't touch me, that one where the dude shares a body with his other self that was storytimed not long ago, forgot its title ironically. That one where a princess is so beautiful due to magic, she fucks up an entire kingdom, forgot its title.
>Morrison's Doom Patrol, Animal Man, All-star Superman, Invisibles, Filth, Flex Mentallo
>Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Providence, V for Vendetta
That awesome Frankenstein drawn by that brilliant artist, who died not long ago. Forgot his name.
>Sin City
>Frank Miller's Daredevil
>Blake and Mortimer, if you're into Corto and Blueberry

These might not be Yea Forums-tier, but I thought these deserve a place on great reads, and we can argue which deserve to be Yea Forums and not.

>Blake and Mortimer
youtube.com/watch?v=T0ZqKMCRewI

The opening used to mesmerize me when I was a kid. Good look pulling shit like that today. French cartoons raised a whole generation of doomers in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.

youtube.com/watch?v=b8BrjvOs-eA
> Man is born, a whole bunch of murdering happens, oh btw Earth is going to blow... eventually who knows when lol! Have a good Wednesday morning kiddo.

Corto Maltese

Attached: 230px-Pratt-corto1.jpg (230x292, 29K)

>Corto Maltese

Fun Fact: The animated series was done in Pyongyang, North Korea.

Speaking of Metabarons, the current Metabaron series is down to its last few chapters drawn by Esad Ribic

I actually feel like The Incal is the most comic-booky of all comic books. Character development is at a minimum and the logic of the story is sort of flimsy. The comic does a lot of telling rather than showing (e.g. "There's so-and-so! He's the ultimate bad-ass!" at which point you just sort of take the comic's word for it and move on).

The story mainly functions as an occasion to toss out some wild ideas, some of which are better developed than others, and deliver beautiful visuals.