I got around to watching Shazam

I got around to watching Shazam.
It's nice that it ditched the Snyderverse's overly mopey tone, but it was still pretty mediocre. The writing felt stiff and contrived most of the time, and it's really weird how they made Silvana focused on magic instead of science.

What'd you guys think?

Attached: file.png (800x433, 645K)

It's SJW SHIT

What a armchair opinion

What an armchair opinion of my armchair opinion.

I agree with your sentiments. It was so convenient how the plot unfolded. I think it's good rather than mediocre though. The 7 Deadly sins being 7 CGI Fart doomsdays is a bigger offender in how mediocre it can be though.

I was looking forward to this movie as I enjoyed Aquaman. I didn't like how these DC movies took themselves too seriously and I was happy too see this change. Still this movie had the edgiest scenes I've ever seen on any capeshit
>Villain's backstory
>Psychologyst woman being desintegrated while screaming in agony played for laughs
>School bullies hit a fucking disabled kid with a car and procced to beat him for "hitting their car"
>The Boardroom scene IS the edgiest scene I've seen on capeshit even if not a single drop of blood was shown
I did like most of it tho. The general silliness, the ideia of a family of orphans of different race(disabed included) all being able to transform into a team of color coded super heroes is so 80s - 90s I love it, the token minorities crews work for something like this and not for Rogue One for example. The wizard's place looked like it could be in the Mortal Kombat movie which is a plus

Attached: 1550321923990.gif (500x344, 962K)

what kinda ruined the movie for me was how they pretty much ignored the rest of his orphan family.
too much focus on the cripple kid.
because of that, it just made me not really give a shit about them during the last act of the movie.

In the comics the main kids were Billy, Mary, and Freddy (the cripple). Johns just sprung the other three on us for shits and giggles.

Attached: Captain_Marvel_(Fred_Freeman)_008.jpg (592x908, 470K)

Oh user-chan uwu

Attached: pretty cute anon.jpg (273x456, 103K)

>it's really weird how they made Silvana focused on magic instead of science.

How is that weird?

Darla was cute though. Cute! Agree on the rest, Mary at the least should've been given as much a role as Freddy to round out the classic trio. Also Santa as old captain marvel when?

Fuck off roastie. Shazam is just as SJW as captain fungus and you know it

DCEU will forever be second place to marvel now that they ditched the only things that they did better than Marvel and set them apart: snyder visuals, hans zimmer music.

Somebody is cute and that somebody is user!

Attached: 1472987312539.jpg (185x82, 12K)

why?

>snyder visuals
If only Snyder were good at anything else.

5 mins after the movie starts and they shove 3 niggers in my face. They blackwashed the wizard. There's a vegan, a nigger, 2 females, a cripple, 2 obese dudes, a gay spic, a chink and they all get superpowers because whitey can't be allowed to be special or unique anymore. The villian is yet again anoyher evil white male. And (((they))) try to dewtroy traditonal faimly culture by shoving a white trash faimly in our face while trying to normlise a multicutral foster family

>and it's really weird how they made Silvana focused on magic instead of science

Attached: whose to blame.jpg (450x488, 49K)

we can finally have an honest discussion about this movie without the shills lynching you?

I don't think they dropped the visuals completly but i agree with you on it being pretty mediocre movie, it never really peaked and personally i thought the jokes were terrible.
Also the fact that Billy's personality changed completly after transforming was pretty baffling and ruined the movie for me.
Don't know whose fault was that, if Zach or the kid actor, but the elephant in the room is that Tom Hanks did it a lot better.

So hire a better writer, but still have the visuals and music. It's not hard, instead they cut it all.

>just green rings
Mid tier.

being captain marvel made billy feel like a kid again (little to no responsibilities (initially) or hangups) so it made sense.

>it made sense

It really didn't.

Why was it that when billy was fighting the sin at first it kept disappearing yet later on they all were fighting them and the sins kept getting hit

I have hard time explaining, but it felt really refreshing. I loved that it had it's serious moments without being full on edge. It has arguably become my favorite superhero movie now

i don't mind that billy's personality changed, but there was a few too many instances were billy acted like he was 10 rather than 15

He was goofy and cheesy, while teenaged Billy had zero indication of wanting to do silly bullshit.

agreed
The comedy felt like that of a mediocre "ordinary highschoolers" movie
Ironic that Disney is their competitor, because it genuinely felt like something out of the Disney channel

I liked how the writers thought it would be such a huge deal for a kid to see boobs in an strip club, when the internet is actually a thing. That was a pretty bad "what do you do, fellow kids" moment.

>what do you do, fellow kids
>what

No need to remind me that I am a idiot, guys.

It sucked how Mary did fuck nothing in the fight, in fact she was more useful before transforming.

I want to be adopter by foster daddy and have my penis inspected.

Attached: file.png (400x240, 208K)

Nobody here reads comics

Attached: 1863628-85676_194945_emerald_twilight_large.jpg (300x376, 23K)

Literally most people got the reference.
user was probably just noting that the rings look like just molded green wax.

I hope so. You have more faith than me, user.

I mean, I literally have not read a single DC comic ever, and only get my DC knowledge from normie-tier YoutTube videos, and I still got it instantly.
That's like, one of the most well known DC panels.

Go read Dc desu

I'm sure there are some real bangers out there, and desu I've read Red Son, but even ever since as a kid (as in, not because it only became cool to like Marvel this decade) I just had a sort of "distaste" for DC.

Idk, I remember being excited to see my first pair of tits in real life. Plus Cap looks really good so he probably had one or two fixated on him.