Anime is cancelled

Anime is cancelled

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYOKfLCu02Y
youtube.com/watch?v=WyIAtqb-JF8
youtube.com/watch?v=TfadJj4d5K4&t
youtube.com/watch?v=zwO9PSe-uG4
youtube.com/watch?v=M_w9b3Tl9EA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What happened? Did they try to bring back .hack for the millionth time and fail again?

Attached: 1529821215688.gif (480x360, 2.41M)

the online part of the toonami fandom that isn't just people talking about the shows as they air is really fucking dismal because it's basically everyone being armchair programmers freaking out over ratings and schedules for a filler block.

Look at OP's picture again.

nani the fuck?
>armchair programmers
I have no idea what that means.

>tfw no Corey in The House

at least it was perfectly clarified that Doug didnt watched all the shows, but he clearly knew about the shows he did watch like Big-O.

also: did Hamtaro Really aired in Toonami?

Why would a Disney anime get onto Cartoon Network?

people who think they can be TV programmers and talk endlessly about how they'd save the block by slightly shuffling shows around

basically 99.9999% of these posts are, "if you put the shows I like after Dragonball Super I swear like a 3rd/half of the audience won't tune out", when the answer is that there is a huge audience of people who will absolutely only ever watch Dragonball and immediately turn the channel off and you're never going to get them. Late night anime on cable TV is going to be niche forever- it's just not going to be a thing and people (including the network) need to be happy they're spending the pittance to put something different on instead of just running hours of family guy reruns

>also: did Hamtaro Really aired in Toonami?

Yeah. It started out as an April Fool's joke but then they kept the show on the block for over a year. This was at the same time that they were airing SD Gundam on Toonami, so half the block was cutesy kiddy comedy anime and not action shows. It's part of what led to the death of the original Toonami.

Backseat drivers

youtube.com/watch?v=iYOKfLCu02Y

For the love of God, please bring back Sailor Moon. Watching Sailor Moon on Toonami was my entire childhood. Got all the old DVDs and new Viz blu rays but still would love to see it air on tv again, even if it was just the movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=WyIAtqb-JF8

>For the love of God, please bring back Sailor Moon. Watching Sailor Moon on Toonami was my entire childhood.

If they brought it back, it'd be the new soulless, bland as fuck Viz dub and not the DiC/Cloverway dub you remember that had all the spunk, personality and fun.

>yfw you will never have sailor moon, xmen, or any other show play in the background at 6am while you get ready for school.

I can play it myself, but there is a certain je ne sais quoi to the morning ritual I had. Maybe because I knew I wasnt the only one watching. A feint of comradeship.

huh... guess it makes sense...

I doubt it was a joke, licensing shows for broadcast costs millions and you can't just license one episode for one day. Back then you'd have to license 65 episodes if they existed for usually three years minimum.

The whole video might as well have been them reading off Wikipedia articles. I'm sure they actually watched the shows they were talking about, but their summaries were so vague and bland they could have written them without watching the shows and no one would have been able to tell the difference.

Attached: Toonami - Nostalgia Critic 11-41 screenshot.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

i do imagine it would have taken a lot more of time for them to go into detail with all those shows.

the episode was 1 hour long already.

That is exactly how their videos go. His Jem and the Holograms video is almost word for word reading from Wikipedia in parts, inaccuracies and all. It's clear he never even watched it.

It joined the lineup on June 3rd, 2002, not April Fool's Day.

Well that's their fault for making the video all about the individual shows. The right way to do it is to make the focus on the aesthetics, history and cultural impact of Toonami instead of just rattling off a list of the shows that aired on it.

Also there was some weird crossover with stuff like Ben 10, Jackie Chan Adventures, Miguzi, Powerpuff Girls etc. I know that those shows did air on Toonami but they were more well-known for existing outside of the block so their inclusion just didn't feel right.

Attached: Toonami - Nostalgia Critic 57-48 screenshot.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

>Jeff Harris is trying to claim credit for Toonami's success on his Twitter account

Fuck off you worthless nigger.

guess i can agree there, but still, anyone who watches NC knows or should know that inaccuracies are to be expected, im just there for the sometimes cheap laughs.

what im surprised tho is that they mentioned PPGZ on the PPG part, and yet, they really never reviewed PPGZ, i imagine it didnt actually aired in Toonami or shit really sucked.

Gundam and Cowboy Bebop on CN was peak kino

Have sex.

I wonder how many Toonzone subhumans are in this thread right now?

Well that was uncalled for

Sorry I'm not a horny queer like you

>If they brought it back, it'd be the new soulless, bland as fuck Viz dub and not the DiC/Cloverway dub you remember that had all the spunk, personality and fun.
Good. Were you even around for the old dub? I remember people constantly bitching about all the censoring and changes DiC made. It wasn't "soul" or "personality", it was butchering. You're either a zoomer that enjoys the old dub ironically in a "so bad it's good" kind of way, or a boomer with tight as fuck nostalgia goggles on.

He's just copying his Disney Afternoon and Fox Kids videos.

I just watched it, and I do believe that might have been the the cringiest shit I ever did see.

Attached: 1490348403647.gif (500x532, 904K)

First off, why?

Second off, Give me a run down, I don’t wanna watch it

British Nanny Luna is the only way to go, I have to admit.

Attached: 1520820499064.jpg (720x540, 52K)

I think that's the problem though. They only talked about the shows, and the shows would have existed without Toonami. What people remember a lot about Toonami besides the anime they aired was just the general feel, tone, and short videos they did. If they wanted to talk about the shows they could make an individual review for the shows. But if you want to talk about Toonami you should talk about Toonami.

youtube.com/watch?v=TfadJj4d5K4&t
youtube.com/watch?v=zwO9PSe-uG4
youtube.com/watch?v=M_w9b3Tl9EA

Attached: 1525580507216.jpg (500x644, 37K)

It's hard for me to explain. It's something you'd have to watch to understand.

And they didn't at least mention Outlaw Star or Cowboy Bebop which was perhaps the most famous show Toonami had.

Attached: aisha 5.jpg (720x480, 67K)

Like said.
They just summarize the most popular shows. Not talking about Toonami itself, all the while shitting them up. Like how fucking Sailor Moon was a feminist icon ahead of it's time.
The jokes were cringey too. Just screaming at the camera for 3 minuets solid isn't a joke.
It's hard to watch.