JSA Storytime: Gen13

good evening owls,

come back with me to the early 90s...

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_cover.jpg (975x1514, 549K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?qunq2zvay6lcd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's time for some boobs

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_inside.jpg (965x1520, 364K)

no shit, running in heels is hard

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p01.jpg (986x1461, 567K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p02-03.jpg (1943x1444, 995K)

are we going to do all 76 issues, half dozen annuals, 20 of Bootleg, plus other assorted minis and one-shots? because if so, niiiiiice
J Scott Campbell's pencils are fun as fuck and then Gary Frank does fun stuff
its honestly all worth checking out
I've spaced the last few storytimes and only participated in comments but this would be good and I'm all in

Didn't the movie/cartoon have caitlin's boobs?

Uhhh, we're going to read some and decide what we feel like because that's a lot of Gen13

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p04.jpg (959x1447, 403K)

(most of which I don't have, but if you do and wanna share, you increase the likelihood we read it!)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p05.jpg (967x1471, 515K)

Hello, Storyteller.

So today, I learned that Foreskin Man exists. And now I want to set myself on fire :D

How was your day?

>And now I want to set myself on fire :D
Please do.

I'm alive!

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p06.jpg (956x1443, 391K)

everyone is so damn dramatic in this

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p07.jpg (969x1453, 406K)

Hey OP.
I cracked my tablet. Boourns.

Also, just finished reading the first trade of Strangers in Paradise and hoo doggy is that a book that the internet would hate. (I enjoyed it though.)

What happened to our Bludhaven of Pain Storytime?

whats the best way to share? I can dl a "best of" if you wanted

I can get it uploaded for ya OP.

That's excellent news!

Wow, this dude isn't creepy or suspicious at all. The janky art doesn't help.

Those kids have some big damn heads.

sweet

we finished it monday! it's fucking done!

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p08.jpg (989x1461, 396K)

>tfw the 90s are never coming back

i want to cry,bros

drawing children is harrrrrd

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p09.jpg (966x1451, 418K)

damn, doesn't skip leg day

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p10.jpg (980x1460, 373K)

I ended up hating that series by the time it finished. If you finish it, please update the thread with your thoughts, because Moore does some things near the end that got quite unpopular.
And the SiP 25 miniseries this year was rough too.

and if you had incest on the bingo, check off a square

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p11.jpg (971x1462, 326K)

All of 'em are uploading as we speak.
Including the 1/5 issue that takes place right after the intro mini

And here we go...
>mediafire.com/?qunq2zvay6lcd

The opening mini is included and the only one labelled by year

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p12.jpg (985x1523, 341K)

she's not the sharpest tool in the shed, is she

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p13.jpg (968x1458, 385K)

Meh. The 90s had some good stuff, but it was buried under a massive pile of trash.

Ivana seems like the kind of gal who wants to make you an offer you can't refuse.

Cyberfrog and Dynamite will save us
>janky art
Faggot

so what was good today?

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p14.jpg (971x1466, 405K)

Green Lantern was pretty damn neat haha,

And DCeased has Taylor's most "ISN'T THIS WITTY" writing since "trickle down"

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p15.jpg (975x1465, 411K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p16.jpg (959x1468, 465K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p17.jpg (960x1477, 430K)

Beasts of Burden, Gogor, and hey, new Age of Bronze. Neat week all in all.

>4.0 grade average
>doesn't notice there's bullshit afoot
High in INT, low in WIS.

Green Lantern was solid.
Young Justice remains decent. Steph is so damn cute, my gosh.
Year of the Villain was, surprising no one, pretty shit. Nothing happened. This is why comics are dying.

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p18.jpg (952x1439, 341K)

>This is why comics are dying.
>saying this when War of the Realms is crushing it and Age of X is rocking

Yes they will
Can't lose hope, brada

lies, no one ever finds anything that fast on a DOS system

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p19.jpg (969x1454, 368K)

(they come there to fuck)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p20.jpg (963x1439, 379K)

Gen13 is the only franchise that I'd want to really write for

Replying again, is the first trade the first three issues, or does it contain more? The second chunk of issues (twelve I think) is more like what the rest of the series was like.
And the internet would love parts of it, especially Moore's thoughts on Hillary Clinton.

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p21.jpg (972x1469, 412K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p22.jpg (960x1451, 422K)

blatant lies

this gave a whole generation this kink, I am sure of it

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p23-24.jpg (1467x1950, 793K)

Ah yes, the classical proportional ideal of 10 heads tall.

Thanks for sharing my favorite comic with the world OP

The animated movie somehow had the boldness to show more.

Attached: 1556488121940.gif (320x244, 1.6M)

This art is just... bad. It reminds me of when Gonzo stretches their budget too far.

ahahaha WOW

I try to bring joy to the owls of Yea Forums

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p25.jpg (957x1520, 400K)

If I post slow I had a bad night and am kinda hurting, but I'm here

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p26.jpg (960x1523, 291K)

Huh. I guess I missed it.

desu it's been a strange-feeling week

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p27.jpg (953x1492, 263K)

Hope you feel better soon OP

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p28.jpg (965x1499, 196K)

I just gotta 1) stretch 2) get some proper sleep which did not happen

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p29.jpg (969x1501, 203K)

I have doubts I will. I lucked into a 20 year old printing of the first three issue trade you mention below at a localish comic shop.
But Katchoo being such a militant lesbian feminist woulda definitely triggered some goobers.

Every time I look at these early issues it amazes me how much Campbell improved in such a short amount of time. He only drew like 20-30 issues but by the end of his run he is already superstar artist Campbell.

I did get all my mechanicing done, at least

Attached: gen13_mini-series_01_p30.jpg (968x1505, 303K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_cover.jpg (999x1507, 486K)

>German

Caitlyn, you're in a fiction story post 1939. This should raise red flags.

fite me

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_inside.jpg (973x1499, 268K)

I remember jerking off to this comic so much when I was a kid.

Even if you like J. Scott Campbell you can't possibly believe this early art of his is any good

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p01.jpg (989x1500, 412K)

Practice makes perfect, eh? Damn.

thank you for sharing

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p02.jpg (963x1404, 363K)

based Grunge

>splatt

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p03.jpg (984x1429, 437K)

I do, but I also like sketchier styles in general

Meet the Skrulls, Savage Avengers, Prisoner X

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p04.jpg (969x1411, 426K)

Yowza.

Mousy glasses girl > Buff Glamazon .
Fite me.

imagine that, an appropriately ironic nickname

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p05.jpg (953x1412, 448K)

The Sonic movie looks like hot wet trash. If they wanted realism, why not make him a realistic looking hedgehog? Would've been better than that weird accidental parody of Sonic.

Don't cut yourself on that edge, pal.

Moore does some things with that starting in the next chunk of issues that does not endear the feminist characters.
By the end of the series literally every other militant feminist character is part of an evil giant feminist mob that uses their girls to infiltrate and dictate international policy for their mob intentions. Clinton is one of them

It looks more boring than anything else to me.
Like...oh, hey, he's on the run from the military,
How exciting.

it looks fun

Pffft.
That sounds self indulgent and wackadoo.

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p06.jpg (974x1460, 404K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p07.jpg (966x1427, 426K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p08.jpg (954x1408, 424K)

>internet would hate.
It's the second most redpilled comic in existence. Every woman is terrible in it, and a secret cabal of lesbians run the world, castrating and killing all the men who oppose them.

ahhh, 90s goes at diversity casting

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p09.jpg (950x1411, 329K)

It does straight up look like a nothing movie. Looks cheap, feels cynical as fuck, and it's yet another "character goes to the real world" movie. Does Hollywood not understand that nobody likes that idea, at all?

... And is it just law now that every speedster character be electrical? They gave Sonic the fucking Flash lightning for no reason.

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p10.jpg (961x1442, 396K)

Somehow Quicksilver managed to evade that.
But yeah it's pretty egregious now.

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p11.jpg (952x1402, 395K)

>"nobody cares that we added a native!"
>"quick, make her a lesbian or something"

is it more consistent than all black dudes having zap powers?

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p12.jpg (984x1402, 414K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p13.jpg (952x1397, 461K)

this is a good looking page

Not quite there
But aiming for it though

The letters pages about it are a sight to behold

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p14.jpg (964x1410, 434K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p15.jpg (958x1417, 419K)

Not quite as common, but yes, getting there at this point.

>I never asked for this.
Speaking of cliches...

Like, we all get the symbolism, but it stops being cool when damn near everyone does it.

Not sure I'd read the Benes issues but I'd be tempted to look at the pictures. I do like the first 44 and the stuff Warren wrote at the end as well as Bootleg and the minis.

exposition man~

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p16.jpg (954x1417, 409K)

To be fair Campbell didn't really hit his stride until the ongoing started.

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p17.jpg (945x1426, 384K)

that was fairly hardcore

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p18.jpg (990x1419, 393K)

1) quality rapeface
2) bitches in catsuits

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p19.jpg (958x1417, 393K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p20.jpg (962x1416, 335K)

>second panel
All according to keikaku.

Grunge, pick one.

By the way, I understand this series has fans, and I don't mean to insult it. Just a lighthearted riffing. Honestly, the comic is fine so far plotwise, though the art does suck.

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p21.jpg (950x1429, 400K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p22.jpg (983x1406, 354K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p23.jpg (971x1472, 379K)

All the minis are randomly hella fun

she gotta gun!!!

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p24.jpg (966x1414, 344K)

this is, in fact, entertainingly stupid so far

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p25.jpg (938x1496, 317K)

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p26-27.jpg (1389x1994, 662K)

Wow. Reading up on the series on wikipedia, I'm starting to think the word of mouth about the series I remember from the 90s left out some important details.

>Sonic
>trash
I mean, sounds like they are staying true to the character then...

A 90s gun at that!

>extra magazine duct taped to loaded magazine
And this is why 90s heroes have pouches, to avoid stupid shit like this.

Even the Flash lightning used to just be a visual effect from the yellow bits on the costume.

thanks for reading, we should be back either late-late show Saturday or just plain Monday

Attached: gen13_mini-series_02_p28.jpg (967x1499, 412K)

Grunge, maybe you'd be less cold if you PUT ON A SHIRT.

Thanks OP!

The worst part is when the lightning isn't even drawn, just added digitally by the colorist. So ugly.

Thanks for posting as always, Storyteller.

Gen13 seems alright so far. Silly, certainly, but at least it clearly has distinct characters and an actual plot. Puts it far above most 90s books.

Do feel better. Highly recommend you read this month's Green Lantern if you haven't. You'll probably get a good laugh out of it.

People were either split between
>wanting slice-of-life stories about the girls and David
>wanting more of the lesbian cabal and their sex slaves, and all the spy/politics in it.
Moore had been doing little flash forwards throughout the series, but they were all leading to something that some fans didn't like. So he literally wrote issue 50 as a "lol, one character actually has premonitions of a dead timeline and we won't be going there."
Then he did anyways at the end.

I wish I had this as a poster

How did the little girl not get shot.

>Reading up on the series on wikipedia,
Yeah. Slice of life comedy aboutba love triangle into
>alternates with the mystery and intrigue regarding Katchoo's past as an underage lesbian hooker and the Parker Crime Syndicate

>exposition man, tell us what you can
>try as you might you won't live whoa

God damn, that fishnet stitched catsuit is over the top.

Shit, Freefall has a gun too!

Jungle Style has been a real thing for decades, and what is the 90s if not Tacticool nonsense?

I miss a whole Storytime bc of hectic work goddammit

thanks user.

wow, calm down user that is too much Gen13 for a single person.

I reread it and loved it.

Haven't read the revival mini yet, save for the free comic book day issue. IIRC it was more or less generic spy/crime thriller and not identity politics shit.

Volume 1 was 1-3 issues

Volume 2 was 14 issues, but the 14th issue was the infamous "Molly and Poo" special which was reprinted in V3 and collected there in TPB.

Volume 3 was 90 issues long and the first 5 issues were in color (only the Image parody scene however, is presented in color in the TPBs).

Katchoo mellows out once she realizes that Francine is legit scared of her when she goes mental and finally leaves her when she convinces Francine to leave her husband and then promptly fucks her ex-boyfriend's trophy ex-wife; causing her to reconcile with her husband.

Not exactly true.

V3 #1-42/43 IIRC, was supposed to lead to a "bad future" that was seen in multiple flash forwards, that Katchoo and Francine would break up and not see each other for 12-15 years and that David died during that period.

Then 9-11 happened.

Moore got cold fucking feet because of 9-11 and wiped out the flash forward as being part of a novel that Francine and Katchoo's kid wrote (complete with meta commentary about how repetitive the story was in terms of the constant breaking up and reuniting just to break up again) and then made that ending a fake-out dream.

David's death was dropped as a plot point but Katchoo/Francine split again and stay apart until the end of the book, which was way shorter than the flash forward had it be. David's terminal illness was then brought back and he was killed off.

Lets see they fly me to a area 51 looking place, my care taker is some Rusian lady and they gave me a weird uniform,
Yeah something is definitely amiss.

could be fun

Attached: Gen13CarnyFolk_34.jpg (1280x2017, 201K)

Maybe he knew how to draw, but because Liefeld artstyle was popular at the time, he had trying to imitate him?

That's not exactly true

SiP operates under the idea that the Mafia/5 Families are an Illuminati-style evil cabal that caused the Great Depression of 1929 and basically has been secretly running the United States ever since.

One of the "junior" branches of the Illuminati-Mafia is a blackmail/extortion ring run by the daughter of a major Yakuza crime boss. This branch is the "Parker Girls" and basically run by Darcy Parker. Darcy is a full-on degenerate: lesbian who fucks underage girls and will only have sex with her brother (David), who eventually becomes a born again Christian due to his sister's depravity/sexual advances.

Darcy employs women called "DUCKS"; deep cover honey pot spies who seduce men and women and become their spouses and wives, to allow them to spy/control the actions of the rich and powerful. Hillary Clinton is one of Darcy's "ducks", who was sent to seduce Bill early on in order to turn him into a Mafia stooly doing as they order him to do. Another is Darcy's much abused/neglected Asian/American cousin Veronica, who basically drives Darcy around when she's not seducing a JFK Jr Stand-In.

Darcy's pretty wreckless and acquires a huge amount of power for the Illuminati-Mafia and even given provisional big boy status in the "Big Six" (a play on the "Five Families" organization of New York Mafia). But Darcy's standing is very much fragile and the Senate is running a huge mafia investigation in Congress that the Big Six wants shut down. So shit happens and Katchoo (who as an underage runaway was pimped out to Darcy, before becoming her girlfriend and advisor) is forced to work for Darcy to seduce said Senator running the investigation, so he doesn't find out about the DUCKS and the DUCK fucking not JFK Jr.

Sadly, Darcy had her cousin leave JFK Jr to start fucking one of Francine's exs and had her run a company that hired Francine, so Darcy could spy on Katchoo. She dumps the ex in violent fashion when she is ordered to go back to JFK Jr and when he sees her on the arms of him in public, narcs her out to the FBI. Meanwhile, Katchoo finds a reporter covering the Big Six and gives him the full details. The Big Six then orders Darcy's bodyguard Tambi (who is a spy for the Illuminati Mafia) to kill Darcy so that the investigation dies with her.

Months later, Veronica gets out of prison due to her mob connections and decides to restart the Parker Girls. She tries to kill Katchoo and David, since Darcy's will included membership in the Illuminati Mafia and Katchoo inheriting it if David couldn't accept it. Veronica and Katchoo/Tambi form rival companies (Veronica continuing to use the DUCKS, Katchoo/Tambi taking over big tech companies in their infancy) with it ultimately revealed that Katchoo is Tambi's half sister. Their dad was a Chicago mafia hitman that ended up pissing off Sal, the leader of the Illuminati Mafia and was killed. Tambi vowed revenge and has been planning to destroy the Illuminati Mafia and manipulated Darcy and Katchoo to do it.

They end up pulling a corporate takeover bankrupting Sal and taking over the Illuminai, with the rest of the Big Six caving to them. Tambi kills Veronica and the DUCKS are left on their own, as conspiracy theory. However, the US government freezes all of Darcy's criminal assets, and ultimately bust Katchoo when Sal ends up dead at the hands of a mystery assassin.

The mystery assassin is a DUCK who was paired off with a cocaine smuggler in Florida that was outed and left to die in a burning building with her asshole husband by Tambi. She survived and basically started killing DUCKS and everyone involved in the Parker Girls operation. She tries to seduce Katchoo as part of her killing spree but gets killed by a sniper friend of Tambi who was BFFs with Casey, Freddy Femure's ex-wife who herself was a generic bimbo accountant with the Illuminati Mafia that Tambi sent to spy on Katcho and Francine that she could trust to report solely to her. Casey knew she was a DUCK and had her murdered to protect Katchoo.

At the end of the series, Tambi offers to use what's left of the Big Six under her and Katchoo's ownership to kill terrorists overseas because America Fuck Yeah. Freddy gets Darcy's estate unfrozen and the money given to Katcho and Francine.

Did you miss an issues user? or did the book had some weird timejump?