Would we benefit from being allowed to actually explore adult themes and concepts in kids shows since adult cartoons...

Would we benefit from being allowed to actually explore adult themes and concepts in kids shows since adult cartoons seem more obsessed with curse words and gratuitous violence.

Attached: Consider the following Homer Simpson.jpg (600x451, 25K)

Those shows would end up getting the wrong audience and be cancelled.

They already did OP in the 90's but since executives in the animation industry are all boomers who don't understand that due to our system of governments inability to provide equal income among its masses due to artificially created shortages no one has the money to spend on merchandise so since they deliberately ignore this claim they chalk it off as "oh the show must be bad because no one is buying or shit toys/merch and the wrong demographic of people is watching our show."

Case in point...women fucking LOVE action cartoons. No one knows why and I personally don't particularly feel offended by this but its interesting

The majority of adults I know will balk at the concept of cartoons no matter how deep or adult they actually are. Most grown adults nowadays dismiss the idea of any depth in cartoons, which I find ironic considering many of them consume considerably more immature content in sitcom television. The 'adult' cartoons on the market today are not made to appeal to adults, but rather to appeal to juvenile teenagers who are amused by the extremities because more often than not its their first introduction to cursing and gratuitous violence.

Do I think the medium would benefit from it? Yeah, probably, but good luck finding a market for it. Bojack Horseman and Duckman are about as close as I can think of, and still both of those shows had to preface that creation with the premise being animated comedy sitcoms.

Focus Groups were a mistake

The meme that the people working in the industry absolutely hate their jobs and are only in it for the benefits provided to them and are willing going out of their way to bullshit fake focus groups into reality just to deliberately hijack a show's chance for success is all true

See Korra. See Voltron. See that fucking (((jews))) Mike Lazzo who is ruining Adult Swim because he's a salty bitch boy he doesn't get to work for Fox

>no one knows why

they are fucking awesome, that's why. Even feminist SJW types love them.

Normies are all retards who think "adult" equates to shit like Family Guy and Simpsons and how nothing else excells past the bar because you can't make an Adult Cartoon without making it about DUDE WEED

Take Todd MacFarlene's Spawn its portrayed as an adult cartoon because it has very adult heavy subject matter such as Blood, Gore, Swearing, Child Trafficking, Religious Imagery but despite this you have a mother show this to their child they won't bat an eye

But get a show like South Park and they make a joke about Trans people suddenly BOOM a mass assortment of clickbait articles show up talking about how this show is really "pushing the edge"

No, I can se the bitching already, its terrible as it is.
I do not want an american version of Wandering Son marketed at kids. I will personally burn down the studio that attempts it.
Now making animation aimed at all ages, maybe.

Its probably the shipping aspect of it.

Like it blew my mind when Yea Forums showed me the statistic reports for shows like Teen Titans and Young Justice having majority female viewers.

I wonder which episodes they enjoyed I bet it was anything in relation to M'Gann x Superboy or Robin x Starfire

What concepts?

Bruh that's exactly the type of world we live in now since children will probably just watch Anime instead of western cartoons regardless if whether or not their parents care he fits that shows demographic or not.

No, you'd just bitch about the fact that we'd get more "this could have just been a live action slice of life sitcom why does this exist" posts

Samurai Jack did well enough. We haven't had a well-animated serialized western adult animation. I'd like to see someone attempt it to see whether it could maintain an audience.

Well shit

Attached: 1520577337489.png (720x480, 321K)

>women fucking LOVE action cartoons. No one knows why and I personally don't particularly feel offended by this but its interesting
If I could shed a theory on it, I think that interest comes from two facets. One, the same reason dudes do: because action is fucking cool and no one with a brain can fail to appreciate a creative action scene. But in the exclusive case of women I think its because action shows oddly often come with more layers of characterization. Even the most mundane 80s actions show had a little more characterization than their contemporaries, and ergo action cartoons have that appeal of personality and interaction. In a way that allows action shows to lowkey have the same appeal as a soap opera aimed at middle aged housewives.

Believe me the last thing that CN doesn't need more of an Abundance of is Slice of Life shows in fact I dock massive points away from shows like Craig of the Creek for even humoring the idea of earlier in the season they hype to something interesting but when it gets back to the actual plot of things you realize you could have written something better by the time you already got to the shows "twist" see Yea Forums reacting to its absolutely unanimous hatred for Star Season 4

Believe me my dude I would fucking love to but Cal-Arts isn't about how talented you're it how much you wanna bend the fucking knee to your overlord masters over at Disney, Viacom, or CN.

Studio Goeblins needs to have an American Branch and make better quality content.

That or women watch a lot of fucking anime.

if by adult themes you mean gender identity, social issues, politics and the like under the veil of a children's cartoons. it's already happening. adult cartoons are just dick jokes and over-the-top violence

That's possible too, but that's just as equal an explanation for dudes. Boys and girls both grew up with anime at this point. I'm trying to look at it from the perspective of action cartoons, anime or western, as a whole.

Because adults are generally stupid and violent.

Honestly Political Psyops are like the best material you could use when storyboarding animation

Last Airbender's Ba Sing Se arc and Rurouni Kenshin Season's 1 thru 2 are the best at this and who hasn't admitted they don't enjoy the wild billion dollar black book meme fuck ups that inevitably end up happening in every Metal Gear Solid game.

*manchildren and DUDEWEED stupid teens are generally stupid and violent.

Someone needs to shows me a statistics sheet between what men and women find enjoyable in action cartoons because if Teen Titans and Young Justice had such a high female demographic why does shit like The Animated Series, Beyond, Superman the Animated Series, Justice League and Unlimited have a majority boy demographic

Then compare that to the MCU. Also huge female demographic even without the forced diversity and women's quota.

to give some brief examples

people dealing with a plague that consumes their local area, trying to contain and find a cure

A group of peole waking up in a featureless void and contending with rising concerns of mortality, freedom, escape and fears.

Have a police officer duo working on various crimes, make it a drama.

Another idea is have some young and eager adult fresh out of college working at a local bakery wants to run their own bakery and the ups and downs that come with acheiving that, having to confine to the expectations of the business

Just basically more cartoons that arent comedies, Gimme something like a show where a young woman has to essentially act as an ambassador for her village when she makes an unintentional pact with a fae in the surrounding forest, or a bunch of demons trying to get into Heaven cause they've gotten bored with Hell. or a young Goddess trying to properly cultivate and care for her own world on her own and see where that goes.

yeah these ideas are all probably shit but I think with proper execution a lot of em could do well.

I doubt something that specific exists, sorry. It probably just comes down to different aspects of different shows presenting different appeal. Like I said early, there's a certain 'soap opera' appeal in action shows, and say what you like about TT and YJ but those aspects were very omnipresent.

I'd say in the case of the MCU there's really no specific reason, more that MCU is wildly popular all over the world now so of course the female viewership goes up considerably with it.

I want a cartoon about a girl who's obsessed with lovecraftian gods and entities and her main goal is to awaken Azathoth. A perky and cheerful girl obsessed with creatures that cause most humans utter madness and despair at the mere sight give her joy and pleasure. You could call Blind Idiot Girl.

I want a cartoon drama that still has very slapstick esque physics and laws applied to its world while still having realistic effects intertwined with them.

I want a cartoon about shitposters.

If it were in the hands of actually-creative and smart people, that'd be awesome.

But it'd just end up in the hands of normies who think "adult themes and concepts" have to be mainstream political cliches.

Basically you can create any scenario for creating cartoons and people will find a way to ruin it & keep it stupid.

Was Moral Orel's third season popular while it w𝐚s 𝐚iring? I'd imagine the pitch-black themes would be a bit too much for casuals (moreso if you're stoned), but Neon Genesis Evangelion, a kids show [aired on a block that was dedicated to TMNT], was popular enough that it managed to spawn it's own merchandise line (Keroro Gunso did too but it's a lot closer to the stereotype of American adult animation than actually challenging the adults watching it.)

>while it w𝐚s 𝐚iring?
How'd that happen?

unicode text generator + math bold - Yea Forums's autoformatting = zhmorgo

See I argue they should be "X" with a splash of comedy. The Baker one sounds dull but add some thrill like life goals, personal stakes, and journey with comedy here or there but general drama then it might work. I think if you want to get away from comedy they should get away from episodic shows.

No. I'm tired of kid shows triying to go "muh deep and delicated subjects". I just want comfy and goofy adventures.

Attached: Sip.png (1080x1080, 1.02M)

>Teen Titans and Young Justice having majority female viewers.
Source? Also Maybe is because a show like TT not only has action, but drama and comedy. It's not going to beat the fuck up the villain the whole time.

A comprise? Adventures with stakes at least? Comfy after sad and edge so the comfy is even better?

>Adventure time
>Steven Universe
>Star vs
>Bee and puppycat
All of the tried to "muh let's talk about delicated topics" and in most intances they fail. After SU and AT finale I fucking tired of those shows, I just want simple adventure with simple characters with a simple lore. I do like edgy shit, by the way, but I prefer have it in low amounts in my toons.

why can't they just make an adult drama already

anime already is popular, people keep asking for it, and anime and CG already provided a lot of cost saving measures

no established audience and insanely conservative programming execs

isn't Yea Forums an established audience?

guess we need to wait until the boomer execs fully die/retire

>Adventure time
>went from adventures to random plot and writers fighting storyboard artists
>Steven universe
>wasted it's potential and sugar was too soft handed with a weak message they at least stuck to
>star vs
>went from lite adventures to plot and shipping
Yea it's pretty hard to do more complex topics when you let children do the writing, jump formats and then add needlessly pointless episodes for run time. It's almost like such ideas would take time, effort, and teamwork with good planning. Look I agree I enjoy simple adventures but christ at least have some stake to raise. Hell a simple arch from shit to not shit.

Attached: 1554716896697.png (500x500, 151K)