RDJ had mixed feelings on the endgame ending

>We did pitch Robert his arc, because he kicked off the entire MCU. The Tony Stark arc is the longest and perhaps fullest in the MCU. Once we decided we wanted this kind of ending for the character, we certainly wanted to make sure Robert was comfortable with it, just because of his enormous contribution to the MCU. We did pitch it out. We went over to meet with him and we pitched it out to him.
>A lot of the actors are not opinionated about what we do. They like the fact that we are sort of in control of these stories and we are driving where they should go and we have a vision for where they should go and they trust in that. I think Downey may had mixed emotions about thinking about [where Tony Stark ends up in Endgame], but I think at the end of the day, he totally accepted it.
collider.com/avengers-endgame-ending-robert-downey-jr/

Attached: u.jpg (948x960, 160K)

Honestly it seemed like the character was done back in IronMan3 when they fixed his heart, and he was ready to retire with Pepper,
But then they kept giving him more piles of money to stay around.

>RDJ walked into the meeting with a huge money sack and waited patiently for them to fill it high enough for them to kill his character off instead of give Tony a retirement
>once it contained all of their money, clothing and wives, he left, riding Chris Evans like he was a horse

Attached: B72D0E30-FA3C-40EC-B8DD-B16D76C57191.jpg (450x330, 37K)

Wow, you mean he wasn't totally on board with no longer getting an annual fuck-huge paycheck? Shocking!

He will be back in secret Wars. There is no way Marvel will miss the chance to crossover the Avengers, X men and FF.

At a certain point, what do you even do with the money?

I'm confused, didn't RDJ want to be done with Ironman?

He IS iron man. It probably keeps him sober.

>AI Tony as a supporting character can be eternal, CGI and just voiced or motion capped from his living room
>people will torrent back in to hear Iron Man again

Attached: 0BB4B352-216D-4183-B322-2E51B8CBEB95.jpg (870x800, 274K)

No it helped keep him sober

As long as he keeps doing roles that make him happy he'll probably stay that way

Also let's be real they're doing riri and they need him to be an AI

Getting millions of dollars to make glorified cameos as Tony Stark isn't quite the same as having to be Iron Man.

Oh, I see what you're getting at now.

>Also let's be real they're doing riri
I'd be surprised. When RDJ has been so central to the face of the MCU, trying to replace him with some random person probably won't sit well with audiences. The closest I could see them coming to it is if Shuri takes on the Ironheart name and builds a suit that's more Iron Man styled than T'challa's vibranium onesie. Then you already have a character that's established in universe, already shown to be competent, and has an explanation for why her builds can rival Tony's (namely access to fucktons of vibranium).

From a non-money standpoint, you'd be attached to the character, especially a guy like RDJ because I fully believe he thinks he really is Tony Stark

Money Pool?
Scrooge McDuck things!

No shit, Tony Stark became his life.

Of course once the first bomb happens or they start getting continuous duds Feige will panic and bring him back. That's also partially why they set up alternate timelines and shit.

I could see them still doing Riri as "character who managed to salvage a scrap Iron Man suit", but there's no way they'd present her as Tony's successor and they probably won't even shell out for AI Tony.

I totally expect Tony to be code mingling with Friday.

Yeah, it definitely looked like Avengers 2 would be his final movie after that, but then he got the Ultron PTSD, his beef with Cap, becoming a dad to Spider-man and saving half the universe

They won't do that character exactly the same but they will absolutely keep AI Tony

They will inevitably do a flashback with Tony at some point, probably a video or something. if they were smart, and can keep this up, they'll retire Iron Man for a while

I'm happy that Tony finally did marry Pepper and got to have a kid and be a good father. But fuck, killing the guy off? What are they going to replace him with Reed Richards? No one wants to be Reed Richards, not even Reed Richards!

Tony and natasha's souls inhibit the same soul gem.

I take comfort in knowing that no matter how much contempt they feel for their audience, nothing they feel towards them will ever match the loathing they feel towards themselves.

kekkles

Dad Tony with his daugher was boner inducing and I don't know why. Do I have a DILF fetish?

Attached: 1528624505179.gif (228x170, 1.89M)

Dad tony was pretty sexy

Your lack of evidence but no trace of doubt convinces me

This seems more truthful.

How do you feel about Scott Lang?

Bless you for posting that image with your text because that's how I choose to believe he looked at the time.

His story from Age of Ultron on was a bit half-assed. Here's my shitty personal fan-fiction and what I would have done.
>Have Ultron be based off Tony's own brain waves and patterns
>His growing frustration over the team, his company, and Pepper eventually begin to affect Ultron.
>Ultron turns evil, thinking humanity needs to be wiped out, you know the rest.
>Tony is so wrecked with guilt over Sokovia that he turns himself in.
>General Ross offers him a government position where he can atone for his sins.
>Creates the Registration Act, Civil War shit happens.
>Rhodey getting crippled and the Avengers disbanding makes Tony realizes he's only made things worse, descends into alcoholism.
>Gets his big redemption arc in Infinity War.

...The Tony "The Walking Plot" Stark arc is the longest and surely dullest in the MCU.

I think he's a cute and fun guy but I don't really feel any lust for him. He just seems too pure.

Attached: 1529766568025.jpg (640x779, 85K)

Doesn’t he just ad-lib most of Tony anyway? He did for the first film, so I figure they let him do a lot of it himself. He also made the Russos give him that watch gauntlet in CW because it would be cool.

You're probably just very attracted to RDJ/Tony
Which isn't a bad thing

Attached: 1532352689151.gif (450x442, 2.75M)

short international currency to turn half a billion into multiple

Russo's also done after Endgame, no idea who going to helm all these big crossover movies.

They said they'll be back for Secret Wars, they keep saying that they'll be back in fact

Apparently, yeah. As you say, because of the way Downey, Favreau and Bridges basically had to make their characters up on the set, Tony Stark ended up just being an exaggerated version of actually what RDJ is like.
Which must be quite a reassurance/ego boost for a dude, that everyone loves you when you turn yourself up to 11.

RDJ's contribution goes beyond that; Feige said that the largely organic and unplanned way they shot IM1 ended up becoming a philosophy and guide for how they do things on the other films.
They get the script as tight as possible now, obviously, but they tell the director and the principal actors to experiment and fuck around and not to be afraid to try something and if it works, it works.

This is how Gunn and especially Taika got massive leeway to make whatever the fuck they wanted, and actors like Hemsworth, Rudd, Pratt, Dave fucking Bautista of all people, Ruffalo even Evans and of course RDJ ended up throwing out lines and ideas that end up in the films. Hell, even Tom Holland is the one who came up with how Spidey's dusting scene should go and what he should say.

Taika said that the 'Marvel Method' in the films is they get the script, see what critical lines have to be said to move the plot and keep the audience understanding things, keep those, and then just try different ways of shooting the scenes and encourage the actors to improv lines while doing it and loads of times that shit ends up in the movies. The Russos did it as well, but a bit less.
There are a dozen or more anecdotes from various interviews where they explain this or just casually talk about it. Even things you might not expect.
Like I read an interview where the interviewer happened to be present when Evans and Hemsworth were workshopping how Cap and Thor should react to seeing each other in Wakanda and they came up with the bit about complimenting each other's hair and beards.

What the hell do you even do with half a billion dollars?

(snerk)

No you fucking retard, AoU was never his last movie. His contract was originally 4 movies, that's why IM3 is the way it is in case he doesn't come back

In AoE the contract was already extended.

Buy things.

charity

Seriously he should have been able to stick around for his wife and kid, maybe also have another kid or two.

This is why I had no problem killing him off, he's had a soft retirement every two years for the last 7 years.

I just love the fact that the old MArvel Method has effectively been the way these movie works.

$3 billion and a few MCU flops and I guarantee they can find a way to un-do a theatrical comic character death.

Honestly, there was no need to kill him off. I'm someone who love bittersweet endings, but retiring Tony would have been a far better option.

or make the blast with the gauntlet prevent him from ever being Iron man again.

Well we know he'll come back for Iron Man 4 if Mel Gibson directs

Because then everyone would ask "Why didn't Tony show up to help in a new super suit when Galactus nearly consumed Earth?"

They can bring him back as Kang or the Master from another timeline.

Have him travel the universe with Pepper and his kid.

Just by asking Thor, Carol or any GotG he'd realize that the universe is a complete shithole and he shouldn't bring his kid there.

I hope he stays dead and away.
I loved the character, but bringing him back in any shape or form would cheapen his death.
So I hope RDJ stays off the set from now on.

Lets just hope the MCU in the future doesn’t get too desperate where they either bring Tony back with RDJ or worse, a whole new actor.

>a whole new actor.
Even Disney should know that the general audience love ironman, because of RDJ and not the otherway around.
A new actor just sounds like a recipe for a massive backlash.

They will 100% bring him back in some capacity, either for alt universe stuff, time travel shenanigans, flashbacks, or recordings. It won't be permanent or probably for much more than a scene, but he will be in future movies in some way.

>Spend years building up Kang like Thanos
>10 years from now, Avengers Forever
>Iron Girl, Teenage Daughter of Iron Man and Rescue confronts Kang who has just been digitized voice CG mask man
>Pulls off mask to reveal he is Tony Stark

They can't bench the character forever because of one good portrayal.

Give it a decade or so and they'll be more accepting. People didn't think anyone could be Superman after Reeves, or Batman after Keaton, and look what happened there.

That's why none of the new versions of those characters are iconic

He can get that anywhere at this point.

But where would he get $5 million for three days of work?

"Marvel" is not a company. It's a logo owned by Disney. And Disney is fully committed to the idea that superheroes age and eventually get retired. They have no interest in pushing the original Avengers forever.

Yeah even Nat Portman, who seemed to have really bad mcu experience, returned for Hollywood's most expensive naptime cameo

Best knock on wood because the Marvel Method drove Ditko & Kirby to DC in the end.

That was stock footage fucktard, that's why shes only shown with a CG character

They already brought time travel and alternate universes/timelines into the mix, the MCU is definitely getting more like Main Marvel as it goes on.

Isn't RDJ similar enough to Comic Tony that he was perfect casting?

think about how that fat swedish fuck Notch still has more than you

What if, instead of Stan Lee cameos, they start having Robert Downey cameos

Those are characters looking for adventure. I'm sure there are some parts that are nice, and anyone that tries to mug him would be iron man'd. and iron woman'd. rescued or whatever the fuck her name is.

Well, I for one believe you

Yes. The thing is certain parts of MCU Tony's personality is a lot more exaggerated from his 616 self (like the quipping).

>They get the script as tight as possible now, obviously, but they tell the director and the principal actors to experiment and fuck around and not to be afraid to try something and if it works, it works.
Which is why most of the MCU has the same tone and feels so damn generic I'm sure.

Let's be real,if the russos or gunn are not directing the Marvel formula is super tight

>>once it contained all of their money, clothing and wives, he left, riding Chris Evans like he was a horse
Excuse me, what?

What? You don't think Chris Evans could do it? RDJ is light enough.

>billionaire
>genius
>good with his hands
>billionaire
>is an actual honest to God superhero
>makes random gifts for his wife
>billionaire
>will go to any lengths to protect the people he loves
>now shown to be an extremely loving and doting father for his child
>billionaire
Honestly I can see the appeal

.......convert it all to coins and pull a Scrooge McDuck?

tonys inherently lewd

Batman and Superman are far more iconic than their actors while the only reason why people loved IM was because of RDJ.

>the only reason why people loved IM was because of RDJ.
Iron Man being a B-lister with several video game appearances and a cartoon under his belt proves you wrong. He wasn't Spider-Man and Wolverine levels of known but to say nobody cared about him before RDJ is incorrect. Stan Lee even stated that a lot of the letters they got from women were directed toward Iron Man.

>yfw they bring RDJ back as the new AI in Spidey's suit

>B-lister
Sort of true, but we see him punching above his weight so offen he feels like A-lister. Being a Founding Avenger, ans his prominence in several events only helps.

He plays a straight white cis-man. There's no room for him in the progressive, culturally enriched and inclusive future of the MCU.