Will Marvel ever have an equivalent?

Attached: Trinity2.jpg (843x1280, 310K)

No, DC has less great and memorable characters but when it comes down to it the most iconic superheroes of all time are all DC. Before the MCU only Spiderman and Hulk were well known. Maybe Wolverine sort of. But none had the cultural significance of Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman. Marvel had been better at making a lot of good strong hcxracets, whereas DC has a lot of bland ones no one cares about but they still hit the highest of highs.

Why does Batman even hang out with Old Timey Capeguy and Cheesecake "Female Empowerment" Lass anyway?
They are far less important to his universe.

Oh hello, person from the 1950's.

No, they'll have to settle with billions of dollars in box office.

Attached: 8733A340F3C0449881FBDF51281DCE422317900000EE6400D9700.jpg (1208x1015, 1.09M)

Iron Man, Spidey, Cap/or Wolverine.

Bruh why do you think Cap Thor and Iron Man against Thanos first?

A true tragedy, all we have is critical and financial success

I wonder at what point DCfags will drop the conceit that Superman being recognizeable translates into "popular". I mean, he's PROBABLY more popular than Rhodey, but I wouldn't put him up against Quill or gawd forbid Rocket.
His last "appearance" was as a costume in a superhero comedy barely anyone saw. Does he even have another movie slated for the next decade?
Yeah, Superman you aren't popular anymore. Just recognizable. Snyder answered the question: "Gentlemen, how do we kill Superman?" and Bendis is just embalming the corpse.

Attached: WWMax.png (200x162, 56K)

Lol. Deluded dcfags believe that their shitty characters are still relevant.

Dracula, Frankenstein’s Monster, The Wolfman, The Mummy
All recognizable, not very successful

They've already got Carol, Steve, and Tony.

Attached: 1555879016296.png (1280x977, 367K)

Right now their most popular characters seem to be Joker, Harley Quinn, Aquaman and Wonder Woman in that order.
And their movie lineup is positioned to capitalize on that. I'm not sure what this idea of Trinity comes from, must be those comics barely anyone reads anymore.
So sure, they are DC's "comic book trinity". Which is about as relevant as being the hottest show on Discovery Family Channel.

Attached: Joker-face.jpg (599x631, 84K)

Steve’s kind of an oldass Man now tho and Tony’s is dead as a motherfucker

/thread

>This reddit meme again

>

Attached: 1478173160380.jpg (708x632, 78K)

No. They have only characters people care about and who smash box offices. How unlucky

Superman is becoming more irrelevant with each new geneneration. 20-30 years from now, nobody will care about him.

Hi person from 1965. If you think superman is still a successfull character, i have something to say to you

Only thing dc has valuable and still profitable is Batman and his narrative universe. And they know. Why do you think there is so much batwank around?

Didn’t these three job to Harley Quinn recently?

Why is Yea Forums full of people so devoutly loyal to multi-billion dollar companies who don't give a shit about them outside of how many shekels they can shake out of their autistic pockets?

Who cares if Marvel makes more cash than DC? Who cares if DC starts making Endgame numbers? You faggots are still gonna be broke and ugly regardless.

Attached: 86430_thumb.png (400x378, 118K)

To Mousedrones: Money=Everything

If your movie didn't make a billion, it sucks and is a flop

Depends. Before it was like Spider-Man, Wolverine, and the Fantastic 4. They might start to establish one now that they’re making movies

In 2019 they have at least 5 characters that are more popular than superman and wonder woman by most metrics

Was OP talking the movieverse?

It's Spider-Man dipshit.

It used to be Spider-Man, Wolverine and Hulk
These days they really want to push it as Tony, Captain Marvel and Captain America.

So 2/3 of the Marvel Trinity is dead already?

There isn't a single marvel character that'll reach 1000 issues ever, let alone 20 more years.

I like both Marvel and DC, they both have their strengths and weaknesses but in the end superheroes are superheroes, and we all of love superheroes right?

Attached: moon_knight_and_dark_knight.jpg (722x722, 160K)

Fuck off.

You are far too optimistic and innocent for this board, let alone this company war thread. You should make friends who appreciate you and leave here.

Unfortunately not in the MCU. None of the female Avengers ever took center stage alongside Cap and Iron Man. Widow has always been a recon sidekick. Scarlet Witch isn't a leader. Arguably Thor makes the 3rd wheel. The closest I can see gaining the position of WW is Nebula. She had the highest stakes as well as the most involvement against Thanos. She has gained Tony's trust and understands how important her role is. She's not much of a superhero though.

Carol would've worked but Brie has all the charisma of a pile of poo, plus they ham-fisted her in a bit late.

Spider-Man hits much higher highs than those three in this generation. Supes is all but forgotten among the youth.

Stand in for religion

I've always preferred the DC superheroes over the marvel characters. I think it's the history and lore and all that. the marvel characters and stories to me just seem to be boring and seem dated to me compared to DC

Attached: 1280px-UnionTerminal.jpg (1280x655, 175K)

Superman is becoming a distant memory already. In a few years people won't remember anyone but Batman. It's a Marvel world now.

>marvel
>more dated than dc

That's why I said they SEEM more dated

None of that bullshit goes to Marvel Comics which is what the thread is about

>DC has less great and memorable characters
Marvel kicked ass with some of their movies but you faggots acting as if literally no one knows who DC characters are now and everyone thinks they suck completely are straight up retarded

Not him but people are aware that batman and wonderwoman and superman exist but I think normies think they're marvel IP

I've always loved how they and their Marvel counterpart stand for the three pillars of a great, big, weird comic universe. Pulp, sci-fi, and fantasy in one balanced group.

>but I think normies think they're marvel IP

Attached: 7DEFE8F7-5431-4213-B6AB-5671568255F5.jpg (720x394, 36K)

This one lady at my job keeps on asking me if Wonder Woman and Flash are in the next Marvel film. Only those two.

They had

Attached: Avengers 018-020.jpg (1987x3056, 2.18M)

My brother is a huge chad normie and thinks that any superhero movie is marvel.

>I think it's the history and lore and all that
Meh, it's only nostalgia goggles because they used to be as popular as the Avengers are now. Given a few decades, people will be saying the same thing about the Avengers.

>as if literally no one knows who DC characters are now
They know who they are but they're known as the off-brand heroes to most people nowadays. The failures of the DCEU attest to that.

I think that's more of not realizing there's a difference between Marvel and DC

She never asks about Aquaman or Batman or Superman and she seemed to like their last films, because the men were shirtless. Only Wonder Woman and Flash.

Not him but the logic is that all superheroes are marvel. DC doesnt real to them

Yeah but to them Marvel is just a name

Wdymbt

>Being this delusional
Mouse retard

Based and DCpilled

their creation date makes it hard. Marvel characters will always be the "new guys"

The Invaders (Cap, Torch and Namor) are most like the DC trinity in the sense that they were golden age characters that continued (in some form) through to modern day.

In terms of the trinity being the core of the flagship team it becomes Cap, Tony and Thor.

In real world recognition it's more like Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine.

Attached: Avengers-Prime-Marvel-Comics.jpg (1800x900, 705K)

You're retarded

>Marvelfag just keeps trying to bait people
Why?

Marvel shouldnt even try to make one
just look at captain dyke hair with her fraud box office.

Marvel should just stick to making spiderman better.
homecoming was a weak entry

The better question is "why should Marvel have an equivalent?"
Unless you want the two companies to tell the same stories, there's no point.

>hcxracets
What the fuck is this?

With the success of the MCU Yea Forums is stuck with Yea Forumsshitters for the rest of time

The thing is there're really two groups of Marvel's characters: mutants and non-mutants.
Your "Cap, Tony and Thor" flagship team could easily be replace by "Wolverine, Cyclop and Storm" for those more interested in the mutant side of Marvel.

I wish more people were like you.

The difference is that, except for Wolverine, the X-Men are an ensemble while the Avengers trio have all had long running solo titles and movie trilogies.

>Will Marvel ever have an equivalent?
that is why they invented captain marvel who was created to compete with DC as a combination of Wonder Woman and Superman e except Captain Marvel is more powerful because she can travel through time and has no weaknesses.

Attached: 1528427557382.jpg (600x444, 58K)

Don't you mean Batman, Joker and Harley?

>Birds of Prey
>Harley Quinn
>Gotham Sirens
>Suicide Squad 2
>Joker
>Batman

Attached: 13397628_1815925545305305_801831243_n.jpg (480x480, 32K)

this is cute and makes me miss the Yea Forums that didn't used to do this whole Marvel vs. DC shitposting

>movies

Attached: 1519052654366.jpg (249x249, 8K)

Same, I really hate TVfags.

Tony Thor Cap

Spider-Man is way more popular worldwide than DC’s trinity tho.

Growing up, I thought Spider Man, Hulk, and Iron Man were supposed to be the big 3 of Marvel. Is it actually Wolverine instead of Iron Man?

Pre-MCU? I guess so

Eh i would say equal with Batman

Corporates are the new deity. These people have a higher proclivity to belief in a higher instance.

It's all about the brand/corporation. Everything the enemy brand does is bad. When my favorite corporation goes through a success, it makes me happy and satisfied.

Doubtful

Trinity is flawed, since Superman and Batman tower over Wonder Woman. I like Big 6. It matches up nicely.

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman

Spider-Man
Hulk
Wolverine
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor

I notice the big six of Marvel basically fit with DC's big six as being made to be 'solo heroes' - getting their own solo book, their own supporting civilian cast and themed ally heroes and rogues' galleries, and in 2/3rds of the members helping found the "premier" hero team of their world. You could nominally say, commission their own set of movies, a cartoon, etc. and fill it out with just 'their' stuff from the comics without nominally grabbing filler clearly connected to other heroes or the universe in general. It's not a perfect 1-to-1 comparison. In general, Marvel characters are obviously far more interconnected than DC's tend to be. Spidey never helped found the Avengers even if I argue his now longtime status as one helped both him and the team get new growth and prestige, and Wolverine *ultimately* feels he belongs as the star member of the X-Men than part of the Avengers' world and an ensemble guy in general than a 'solo hero', even if he technically fits the 'solo hero' criteria above far more than any other mutant.

If I truly had to distill Marvel to its 'core' heroes it'd be the six founding comic Avengers (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, Wasp) and Spider-Man with them, the Fantastic Four, and all-new all-different X-Men (Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Colossus, Nightcrawler) with Beast and Iceman due to Beast's prominence in Avengers and Iceman in Champions and their worldbuilding connections. DC's 'core' to me are the big six solo book founders of the JL, the New Teen Titans sans Wonder Girl (keep Wally, he's vital to Flash mythos), and a couple connected characters to the big six (Babs to Batman, Supergirl to Superman, John Stewart to Hal Jordan, Mera to Aquaman). These two distilled 'core' hero lists are to me the best balance between A-list from media adaptions and being A-list in-universe of the comic continuities.

>Why is Yea Forums full of people so devoutly loyal to multi-billion dollar companies
It's not just a Yea Forums thing. Just look at Yea Forums and how they love Sony.
Yea Forums and Yea Forums probably have theirs too.

>There are people who still don't think that Captain America, Thor and Iron Man are popular enough to be Marvel's trinity.
Fucking hell, what year are you guys living in?

Attached: Marvel Trinity.jpg (1600x811, 253K)

Kek. I like this guy

They're the Avengers trinity

Spiderman isn't even a nerdy or trendy anymore like Deadpool is.

deadpool's stock has gotten so high this decade

The only trinity i respect is the christian one. Fuck DC

Spider-man can't even crack 1 billion dollars while shitters like Captain Marvel and Black Nigger do.

>The virgin trinitarianism
>The chad plurality of gods

Didn't feel that way in the UK. This was Batman country

And Aquaman. And before anyone cries about China you can take away the Chinese box office for both films and Aquaman beat Homecoming by about 80mil

The next is highly likely to do it though.

Depends on your perspective. Tony, Spidey and Hulk all had mid-90s cartoons and would seem to be big names because of that.
Fifteen years earlier the only guys with that kind of exposure are Spidey, Hulk and maybe Cap.
Wolverine gained a lot of ground in the 80s, then the cartoons and movies really pushed him to the forefront.

>Is it actually Wolverine instead of Iron Man?
I'd say Wolverine instead of Hulk. The old Bill Bixby show and cartoons gave Jade Jaws a fair bit of exposure but his solo movies haven't done too well and while they keep using him in Avengers they probably don't think he can headline another solo.

Well they can't make him a solo series anyway, whether movies or shows, due to Universal holding the rights.

>Trinity is flawed, since Superman and Batman tower over Wonder Woman
What makes them the trinity is the fact that their comics all survived the Seduction of the Innocent backlash.

Trying to create a Marvel equivalent ends up being a matter of who are the current big names, but it will never quite fit.