Beasts of Burden

Probably the last Beasts of Burden related thing Jill Thompson will ever draw

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-000.jpg (1987x3056, 1.52M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-001.jpg (1987x3056, 1.18M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-002.jpg (1987x3056, 1.58M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-003.jpg (1987x3056, 1.87M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-004.jpg (1987x3056, 2.02M)

what's the main drama going on with this title? I've only really heard vague things. Still love the series though.

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-005.jpg (1987x3056, 2.05M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-006.jpg (1987x3056, 1.94M)

Thanks for storytiming this OP. Was about to go and do it myself honestly.

Also, FUCK Jill.

The artist and co-creator, Jill Thompson, never bothers to draw the scripts the writer, Evan Dorkin, sends her. Not only was this annoying to readers, who had to wait practically an entire year just for a one-shot, but for Dorkin as well, who was starting to not make much money off this series because he didn't have enough material for the second TPB.
Recently, they reached a private agreement and artistic duties will pass onto Ben Dewey, who drew a side miniseries about the Wise Dogs outside of Burden Hill. This two-parter is probably the last thing in this series Thompson will work on.

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-007.jpg (1987x3056, 1.99M)

np

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-008.jpg (1987x3056, 1.85M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-009.jpg (1987x3056, 2.05M)

So a family of paranormal investigators, huh? Neat.

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-010.jpg (1987x3056, 1.88M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-011.jpg (1987x3056, 2.05M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-012.jpg (1987x3056, 2.09M)

i know WHY shes like that and what excuses shes using. they're all valid and to her, enough of reasons, but as a consumer and/or a fan, my only opinion is really just "fuck her". There would be SO MUCH more beasts of burden, if not for her. hopefully the replacement doesnt cause problems, and either mimics the style close enough, or has a personal one that fits just as well moving forward, but still

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-013.jpg (1987x3056, 2.13M)

Godammit Pugs.

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-014.jpg (1987x3056, 1.66M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-015.jpg (1987x3056, 2.14M)

Dewey was the guy behind Wise Dogs and Eldritch Men IIRC. His style looks smoother but otherwise fits the tone and setting.

F

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-016.jpg (1987x3056, 1.67M)

F.

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-017.jpg (1987x3056, 2.16M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-018.jpg (1987x3056, 2M)

Why does that big guy have a slit eye? And why aren't they poking it out?

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-019.jpg (1987x3056, 2.11M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-020.jpg (1987x3056, 2.1M)

Surely they wouldn't kill her off THIS quickly?

oh shit is that a dog? hes got a gun!

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-021.jpg (1987x3056, 1.85M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-022.jpg (1987x3056, 2.06M)

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-023.jpg (1987x3056, 1.66M)

And that's it for now, let's hope she bothered to draw the next issue so at least Dorkin can release another TPB.

Attached: Beasts of Burden - The Presence of Others, Part One-024.jpg (1987x3056, 265K)

WELP. He's fucked. Burn him now.

No seriously. Torch him.

>Jill
>actually drawing issues
>ever
I wouldn't hold my breath. Either way, good storytime.

Well, they did meet Hellboy. I was pretty surprised this issue even referenced that fact.

I was surprised too. That's actually a pretty neat way of integrating stuff from the rest of the universe, even side issues, into the story.

Poor guy has some serious deathflags hovering over him.

I think those are dogs, Satan

Yes, exactly what I said.

ALMOST said Hellboy!

The next hardcover is due in october I think. It'll have this two player and the other Jill issues, including Hellboy.

I do hope Dewey continues drawing adventures with the main cast. It's not quite as great as getting more Autumnlands issues but it's still good

Dorkin has confirmed Dewey is drawing the next issue so this was Thompson's last.

So close, yet so far.

>rat ogre
what is this, warhammer?

im sure hes fine, just tazed and formerly posessed

And with like, a dozen holes in him.

Thank you for the scans.

a cartoon of this comic could be the shit.

Sorry for being behind the curve here but...what were her excuses anyway?

Also, thank you OP for the scans. Can’t wait for the next hardcover.

Sensible kek at the Ghostbusters line.

From what I can gather from the archives she had to deal with an ailing mother and also a divorce. Someone more in the know than me is invited to step in with any relevant info.

I wonder what could have messed her up so much...

Attached: Brian_Azzarello_-_Lucca_Comics_&_Games_2016.jpg (1658x2486, 1.22M)

Why did they marry?

Dewey is incredibly based. I have no problem with the passing of this torch.

didnt get a "you" notification so i missed this, but is right. at first it was family health, then a messy divorce, which is all like i said, valid things. they BOTH take a large toll on people, and take time to recover from

but then you have to realize beasts of burden has been going on for SIXTEEN years. dorkin mentioning he had more than 3 notebooks worth of writing, but she wasnt available for art. that he actually wanted to work on it full time, and was his favorite thing hes worked on, but that couldnt happen. he in fact tweeted in 2017, she was almost done doing the art for The Presence of Others.
thats the arc that came out this year, and the one storytimed this thread. its great they're friends, and he has had nothing to say about her other than supportive. to have that kind of work relationship is amazing, he knows without a doubt that she helped build the comic into existence, but it still comes down to the fact that shes done a single issue of the comic, in the last 3 years