Young Justice #5 Storytime!

Ready for Seven Crises, part 5?

Attached: Young Justice 005-002.jpg (791x1200, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.cbr.com/showthread.php?124147-Young-Justice-(2019)-by-Brian-Bendis-thread!
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: Young Justice 005-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.11M)

Kinda wish Bendis would do his Action Comics recap pages, with Lois's desk. Those are so creative.

Attached: Young Justice 005-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.28M)

Attached: Young Justice 005-004.jpg (3975x3056, 2.72M)

Attached: Young Justice 005-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

Attached: Young Justice 005-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.32M)

Attached: Young Justice 005-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.43M)

Kris Anka's stuff is SO PRETTY!

Attached: Young Justice 005-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.08M)

Attached: Young Justice 005-009.jpg (1988x3056, 998K)

Attached: Young Justice 005-010.jpg (1988x3056, 927K)

Attached: Young Justice 005-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.06M)

Attached: Young Justice 005-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1M)

>cucked by Thicctana
Can't even blame her but ouch

Attached: Young Justice 005-013.jpg (1988x3056, 936K)

I mean...it's like Superman or Wonder Woman. If they're not on your list, are you ded?

Attached: Young Justice 005-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.02M)

Attached: Young Justice 005-015.jpg (3975x3056, 2.24M)

Attached: Young Justice 005-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1011K)

Attached: Young Justice 005-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.34M)

God I hate Bendis' dialogue

Attached: Young Justice 005-018.jpg (3975x3056, 2.48M)

He's really good for these teen characters. It doesn't work as well for adults.

Attached: Young Justice 005-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.28M)

Attached: Young Justice 005-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.3M)

Attached: Young Justice 005-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.09M)

The end!
I thought it was great. Way more than I expected. Hope that Bendis can wrap things up in Gemworld in a good way soon, though!
Remember to support your LCS if you liked it!

Attached: Young Justice 005-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1022K)

Simpler times

It's funny - that was after well over a decade in a new continuity, with at least one reset. I suppose you could argue that this issue is after the 8 years of the n52, but that seems a bit not comparable.

MY HEART

Is that Traya next to Snapper?

TimKon shippers in suicide watch.
I thought Bendis would make Tim or Conner gay.
I guess that was too much, even for him.

>Bottom middle panel
I recognize that flashback!

Is he naked?

What is it?

That would explain their faces. :)

Bart a CUTE! A CUTE!

Who is the redhead guy with the brown girl?

if kon having a wife and baby didn't destroy that ship then nothing will.

where is doc shaner's part? this all looks like a less distinct version of timms (based on that one off catwoman issue with ram v)

>Wow you're hot
If Bendis does one good thing with this run, it'll be laying the foundation for CassStephTim.

Such a garbage book.

Splits!

>Doc Sampson
I swear to God, Bendis is just taunting us about the fact that he brought him back from the dead with no explanation at all and got away with it.

Finally. A new chance to see you..

Even if she only appears in this issue I am happy to see Steph again I missed her..

garbage

Shaner did the two page splash of Tim's memories of the team.

So much same!

fuck, you're right. gah i wish he was doing interiors in terrifics instead. or jumped in for backup at shazam. honestly, the art (when it isn't gleason) has just been mediocre

Cissie quitting the team.

Attached: YJ17_03.jpg (963x1506, 241K)

Steph looking cute

Whatya know?
Bendis actually explained how Tim got his memories back.

Brunet (not redhead) is Snapper Carr. I'm guessing the girl is Traya Sutton, who's native to the fictional Middle Eastern country of Bialya but has previously been depicted as having a caucasian look, which makes sense given how it's supposed to be north of Iran and Saudi Arabia, i.e. about where Armenia and Azerbaijan are.

So Bendis actually did read the original YJ run. Colour me surprised.

>Bendis writing literally anything-OH GOD SHUT UP ALREADY MAKE IT STOP
>Bendis writing teenagers-low key character driven narrative with okay dialogue and a clear focus on characterization
... Like, is it just a relative sense? Everything else is so awful that this seems decent in comparison?

Also, Steph is so fucking cute in this issue, I can't.

>Bendis is actually fixing continuity
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

>Armenians
>Azerbaijans
>Brown
t. 56%

No, I'm saying it made sense for her NOT to be brown. I think it's her in the splash page just because I can't think of any other young girl who would belong there.

Snapper Carr, and Red Tornado's daughter Traya

God I miss Cissie and my waifu Secret

Attached: 1556668360997.png (507x535, 374K)

Oh god this page alone makes me more excited than anything else in this book

well, Bendis made me save money on comics.

That was surprisingly good.

That is terrible.

I think Bendis-haters don't give him a chance. Yes, he can suck massively (Iron Man, Civil War II, the ending of his X-Men), but he has excellent stuff too.

Why does DC think Bendis is still popular? All his Marvel books bombed and sold like shit. This isn’t 2008, even Normies have turned against Bendis.

I think I'm just done with comics for awhile.

Jesus Christ, is there a bigger cancer in comics than Stephfags?

Reminder to report Damifag on sight

Attached: best girl.jpg (462x607, 77K)

Who is this comic made for, Younger Readers? because been so obsessed with the old continuity feel more like something aimed towards old fans of the 00s book. So far is trying to both been a continuation and a new story and failing in both.

>we live in a timeline where bendis is writing young justice and it isnt terrible
now if only someone could get him off superman

Attached: confused spiderman.png (212x234, 50K)

It's cute and all learn about what happened with Tim and Steph before this, but all these characters' backsories/flashbacks are killing the story's flow. Dark Lord Opal is pretty much a post-thought in all of this. I assume we still have Jinni's, Bart's and TL's backstories until finish this arc.

I agree about the flow, but how would you recommend structuring so many characters who have been neglected for so long?

Not him, but holding off on Hex Jr and TL would be a good start.

Bendis strength is writing teens, that why he did so well in early USM

Stephfag nobody cares.

Amethyst's lore is essential to this arc, so her backstory is the most important of this first arc. It could be an epilogue or the last backstory. Have Tim & Steph's a little before the Metropolis' invasion, same as Cassie. Conner's part of the things is actually well placed. Bart, Jinni and TL parts could wait until the next arc, or have Bart's flashback as the next one, since he's one of the original members.

But, just my thoughts.

>Stephfag
> None of the posts is actually discussing Steph
Simple minded fag.

That's Damifag, you dumb newfag

Why does she hate Steph?
Also this issue was pleasantly surprising.

Bugger if I know, she's crazy
She also hates Kon, Tim, Jason, Cass and used to hate Jon for slapping Damian's shit in the first issue of Super Sons

DC needs a reboot

It was. Hope Anka can come back for a future Tim and Steph issue. Maybe #10?

Can't keep the record of every fagdex update, seniorfag.

DC ALWAYS needs a reboot, like one time per year. That's the problem.

She hates any character that takes attention away from Damian, especially Steph, Tim, and Cass.

DC needs a reboot. Throwing out so many characters and relationships with the new 52 is still biting them in the ass. That reboot added nothing, simplified nothing, and helped nothing. DC is weaker for it.

DC needs two lines of books

-One like the Ultimate line, but better
- One for the older readers with all the weird continuity

>"Batgirl and Robin"
>"...both previously known as a Robin..."
>Cluemaster's alive
>Black Canary and Steph know each other again(?)
>"As?" "Spoiler." "Wow."

I feel like I've missed a lot, but Steph never appears in anything so that can't be it. Is this...not meant to be Prime Earth? Or is Bendis just doing whatever he wants at this point because no other writers really care?

Attached: shrug.png (245x245, 81K)

Motherfucker I typed preboot. Fucking phoneposting from work.

Is Tim going to tell her that she had a baby and gave it up for adoption if he has pre-Flashpoint memories?

I remember that thread, Jon punched Damian in the face and she had a mental breakdown. Never seen any Damian fan as psychotic as her.
Then she should hate most if not all of the batfamily. But the less Damiam the better.

Steph knows about her time as Batgirl and Robin from Tec 980. Cluemaster being alive...eh, it's comics.
Black Canary knows Steph from Batgirl and the Birds of Prey: Manslaughter arc, plus they worked together in Batgirl: Mindfields (especially 50-52).

I hope Zatanna appears again

Stephfag Stop Talking to Yourself-

That would be cool! I love Zee.

>Remembers YJ but not the Titans
Some memories are best left buried I guess.

community.cbr.com/showthread.php?124147-Young-Justice-(2019)-by-Brian-Bendis-thread!
Stephfag Sucks Bendis cock..

. Stephfag the only Bendisfag on 4 chan. ?

>Steph knows about her time as Batgirl and Robin from Tec 980.
She does. Still seems kinda weird to go from that to casually calling herself a former Robin and her and Tim as a unit "Batgirl and Robin?" Unless she meant Babs and Damian, but I don't recall either of them being involved with that arc.

>Black Canary knows Steph from Batgirl and the Birds of Prey: Manslaughter arc, plus they worked together in Batgirl: Mindfields (especially 50-52).
That I had forgotten. Thanks, user.

Attached: hm.png (250x250, 105K)

ARE THESE FUCKERS __STILL__ ON GEMWORLD?!

jesus christ bendis

Well, Steph's reaction in Tec 980 was very confident, so I think this is in character. She's a character who is very resiliant, and loves to put on a show, even when she's feeling down, so I can see her loving that she was Batgirl and Robin.

>Fixing
by ignoring Doomsday Clock, which I guess 'eh'.

It's retarded in a way that Morrison acknowledges Dr.Manhattan fucking with Time and then proceeds to do his own thin.

Remember when she bombed Tynion's inbox on Tumblr for not including Damian in his Tec team?

Huh. I guess that makes sense. Or more sense than Bendis going rogue and burning all the continuity he doesn't like, anyway. Clinging to accomplishments from a completely different world instead of embracing what she's built in this one seems a bit less confident to me (though not necessarily out of character), but if it means pre52!Steph's achievements actually being acknowledged again, I am more than okay with it.

I think she's embracing both, not rejecting her time as Spoiler.

Tec 980 only had her as Batgirl if I remember.

No, she saw both

Attached: Tec 980 Steph Robin.jpg (1041x1600, 537K)

Zee gunna save the day?

Well, she is doing the reverse of what she did in Identity Crisis, so that's good.

Also, she's hot. :)

This is exactly like the final episode of LOST

>I am surprised that I liked this couple moments.. I not Steph&Tim biggest shipper.

Maybe is because I missed Steph.

>tim kon shippers ever giving a shit about canonical females
brb loling for decades

I like her batgirl costume. Thousands of times better than Barbara Burnside costume.(like barbara current costume, better than the previous)

I actually like most of Babs's costumes, depending on the artist. Josh Middleton makes the Burnside costume look amazing. Artgerm made the Simone costume look nice. And SGM's new redesign is a really nice homage to the early grey costume, even if her mask is kinda silly. :)

> Cluemaster is alive again.

You know I hate Bendis shitting on continuity but this is like the first time I'll forgive the bald bastard because having Arthur alive is better this way.

Well, it looks like Bendis read Tynion's Tec run since Steph also finds Zatanna hot as Cass/Kate did.

I mean...or he just looked at Zee. :)

bump

I wish DC would put Zatanna back in the fishnet stockings. The leather pants just don't feel right. She was in her classic stockings in doomsday clock and she also has them in DC Superhero girls so come on already.

Anka's noses look like muppet noses when they're coloured like this.

>Snapper Carr
Bendis admitted hating that character so I am kind of surprised that he even showed up here.

Not just TimKon shippers but also that one user who was convinced Bendis was going to do TimCassie.

I just realized this is the same artist as runaways. Amazing how much better this looks

Hey I liked this

There's still a chance for Bart to be gay or bi, r-right?

Sure, but why are you stuttering?

God, I remember shipping her hard with Robin back in the day.
Say what you will about his works on Superman, this is kinda great.