Why did Frosta's personality completely change between Season 1 and 2...

Why did Frosta's personality completely change between Season 1 and 2? In the first season she was a Lyanna Mormont type character who was mature beyond her years and had to be a strong leader for her people. Now she just suddenly became punch girl who wants to beat things up and acts more like a child. It's not like I hate the new personality it was just really jarring and I find it strange that nobody is talking about it.

Attached: ise3y8y3r1121.jpg (1200x675, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/co/image/1536/59/1536598279824.png
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/co/image/1554/82/1554821664539.png
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/co/image/1555/07/1555070996751.png
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/co/image/1555/09/1555097811411.png
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/co/image/1554/81/1554817461607.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bad writers work backwards from the scenes they want and are incapable of filling in the blanks.

Stop spamming Dyke-Ra fags

Attached: 18674433545.png (1373x877, 1.03M)

A lot could happen in just 1 week after the forest got frozen and burned by the Evil Horde. Hordak was working in full swing after the planet wide earthquake

she made the obese pink creatura look bad so they switched personality, now the white cold girl is the baby, and the brown aryan ally is the voice of reason.

It's obvious she's excited to be around "peers" for once. Wouldn't expect you to know that though just kidding bud

... and? this would go toward teh whole cast becoming mature, not half of it becoming walking toddlers unable to function without the princess of power lead.

Because Noelle Stevenson is a cunt.

Attached: 1536598279824 (1).png (1003x1661, 218K)

She has friends for the first time in her life and can finally act like a kid around them. They have a scene with her and Glimmer addressing this. It's supposed to be a big change in her behavior because she's letting loose and is excited to be hanging out with people her age, to the point where she's a bit annoying because she's new to the whole social dynamic.

I'm pretty sure Frosta is supposed to be Inuit not white.

>It's obvious
hey, a staffer refusing to acknowledge mistakes... how fresh and new...

>there's a line that says this, fuck character logic.
yikes.

two threads is 'spamming'?

Did she really pull a #notallwomen, without realizing?

For unpopular show, yes

Aren't you proving her point?

How so?

She's right tho.

I really feel they could have done more to establish that though. A scene I think could have more convincingly shown this is if at the princess meeting in the first episode she reverts back to the ice queen persona she had in the first season because she is representing her people in front of the leader of the rebellion and she needs to command respect. It would have been a subtle way of showing that that aspect of her personality is still there while still delving into her more wild side when she's out fighting. Sort of like Misato in Evangelion where she is a loud and fun loving drunk in her free time, but when she's working she's goes into serious mode.

Attached: Misato_Katsuragi_400x400.jpg (400x400, 34K)

I didn't know you get to decide what is and isn't popular.

post the other one.

Im glad I wasn’t the only one confused by her in the first episode. I even asked my wife what was going on and she just said she’s a child and finally has friends.

I guess I just thought if you matured to rule a kingdom you wouldn’t immediately regress once you had other princesses to hang out with.

Because She-Ra 2019 is shit and always was shit.
Expecting anything positive to come out of it is a fool's wish.

They probably wanted to show her development from a child who has adult responsibilities to actual child, but they just didn't show the development on-screen. By the way this is the biggest problem I have with this cartoon in general.

she was put there at the age of eight, she probably has staff and people who attend to her in the background telling her what to do and what not to do

wait, did the Horde kill her parents?

Oh so we are good then

>17 anons
>popular
kys dumb Dyke-Ra fag

t. hipster

>A lot could happen in one week
Like I guess certain characters could hit their heads and develop new personalities due to the brain damage?

But more than that, I can't help but wonder why Bow thought he could reprogram those drones. I'd imagine they'd be encrypted for one, and for two Bow comes across as a fucking idiot and it's weird to imagine him learning a programming language.

Attached: 5E61B0E7-F71D-4B65-9605-5C92E6FED708.png (1400x1200, 584K)

I don't think she was mature to begin with. All she did was stick to the protocol and imitate being responsible because her position required her to be like this. The first time we saw her she looked pissed off because of everyone looking down on her. I bet the party wasn't very fun for her either. She's still just a kid at the end of the day.

Attached: Catra claims dat booty.png (257x403, 68K)

Haha Plague I know the bastard has more of this stashed away for himself

>dyke ra

Attached: DE243FAC-6C55-4645-9511-F97B919755BA.jpg (720x720, 57K)

i don't remember this episode.

It was before episode one.

I mean Bow builds all the gadgets he makes so he clearly knows his way around technology. Not to Entrapta's level, but still to a good extent.

cry harder, bro.

Threadly reminder:
Noelle Stevenson:
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/co/image/1536/59/1536598279824.png
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/co/image/1554/82/1554821664539.png
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/co/image/1555/07/1555070996751.png
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/co/image/1555/09/1555097811411.png
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/co/image/1554/81/1554817461607.png

I guess it's easy to forget that team dumbass supposedly has enough independence to travel without an adult.

The problem is, everyone on the "good guy" team seems to be good guys because they're too dumb to be deceptive. None of them display any intellect. Then you've got Bow who's the group's buttmonkey and supposedly he has enough technical skill to de-encrypt and reverse engineer a robot.

The show hasn't exactly hit its tropes too well. I think one reason people are rooting for Katra is because she feels like one of the only smart people in the room, and like the only one who's trying to make a difference in the world.

Are they actually really her age? I thought she was younger than them. The princesses are however her social peers, and she doesn't have to pretend to be a great ruler among her people while she's kicking Horde butts, so she can let loose indeed and act her own age.

>we captured one of the enemy generals, but we're not evil so we'll let her go to kill more people, is fine cause we never see them

>The other princesses are her social peers.
Not really. Mermista has one subject. Glimmer has only as much authority as her mother delegates to her. Perfuma lives in the woods in a commune. Spinerella is an overweight lesbian with nowhere to be and Netossa is a thin dose of the same. Bow is nobody. Adora is a soldier at best.

Frostra is probably the only one who isn't confirmed to have less than ten subjects and who is currently occupying the throne independently.

fuck you it was cute and I do appreciate how they acknowledged that the kid character in a group can be an annoying fuck instead of just ignoring it.

Attached: 1538202130785.jpg (1920x1080, 137K)

>soi-ra
No one on Yea Forums wants you here, you and your shitty dyke reboot arent welcomed here

Attached: CD49773F-F9C0-44B5-B137-62F202C33EEC.png (599x448, 250K)

and came out of nowhere

Based Dyke-Ra posters

I didn't say Frosta wasn't cute it was just jarring that she went from ice queen to annoying kid with little to no explanation. If they did more to establish the change I would have been fine with it, but the whole episode I felt confused.

I can see there maybe having been an original script where Frosta is the most mature person on the team, and the conflict between she and Glimmer was that Frosta tried to take charge and Glimmer threw a tantrum like she always does.

But then they felt it reflected badly that a small child who doesn't want the responsibility was the smartest one on the team, and they changed it to make Frosta the most childish member so Glimmer would have an opportunity to brow-beat someone more of a whingey spaz than she is.

they're expanding on a character that barely appeared in more than 3 episodes and showing how she behaves as part of a team.
it's ok if you think she's behaving differently, first she was hosting a super important event and next she's happily smashing robots with her friends.

just saying man, going to hardened ruler to winterbane spaz is a hell of a stretch

This is why there should have been an episode in season 1 that dealt with all the princesses between Entrapta's "death" and them going back to the rebellion. That episode could have gone into how Frosta actually feels about the pressure of her responsibilities and why she broke neutrality, which would make S2 E1 feel more natural.

Puberty has hit, that's why she's acting like an idiot.

The writers are too bad at this to come up with original jokes, so they rehash old ones and force characters into them with no regard for the personality.
See also Scorpia.

In season 1 she was the leader of a country interacting with strangers during a formal occasion. I can understand her being slightly more reserved.
It definitely felt like we missed out on an episode explaining why everyone changed their minds and decided to show up for the big battle in the season 1 finale.

I don't really see anything wrong with Scorpia. Her personality is still a nice woman who is strong, but likes to express her softer side to people. If anything I feel she was one of the best handled characters of the 2nd season. Frosta on the other hand, did a full 180 from her personality.

It was way more than just slightly more reserved. She acts like a completely different person in season 2.

>why everyone changed their minds and decided to show up for the big battle
maybe because the entire planet was going to hell

Perfuma sat on her ass for years while the trees around her were dying and then bailed on the new rebellion the first time something went wrong

She literally says in ep 1 the authority personality is a persona she has to wear to be respected as leader of the Ice Kingdom. With She-ra she can be a kid and punch robots.

>Child rulers would never put a personality mask to get respect from their subjects.

Brainlet

If a character has to explain their motives in plain English to the viewer, you call it clunky writing.

>"Geez. Why are you so childish, Frosta? You were so serious in the episodes you were introduced."
>"I'm glad you asked, audience surrogate! You see, it all began with my parents..."

but it's only clunky if it's a change in character that doesn't make sense
everyone has already explained why it does make sense

I thought that scene was somewhat heavy handed as well, but I'm sure even you know that the way you're paraphrasing it is kinda ridiculous.

Did she? If I remember correctly she only really talked about how being leader made it hard for her to have friends. Nothing really about putting on an authoritative persona.

>It's only clunky if the script doesn't tell the audience why it makes sense!

That is absolutely false. That's saying there are no rules for anyone's personality or your setting, so long as you can write a line of dialogue telling the audience that it works.

>"You see, Adora, I've always been able to fly. That's because gravity doesn't exist in Eternia. You guys have magnets in your legs and Eternia's core is magnetic."

>It sounds like you're using hyperbole, user.

No shit.

Attached: athf_ep040_04.jpg (400x300, 34K)

>>It's only clunky if the script doesn't tell the audience why it makes sense!
Again, not what that user said.
People on this thread sure like strawmen.

Attached: 1399789477144.png (385x432, 234K)

That switch came so quickly it felt forced (well it is, it’s written like that) the team really have no idea what to do with the characters outside catra, adora and shadow weavers telenovela shit going on

>hyperbole
If only.

How come Bow has 2 gay dads but shows no sign of being molested as a child?

>user, you have to address the argument the other user makes slowly enough so I can understand it!

Okay. user asserts that it's not bad writing if the change makes no sense.

user believes it makes sense that a little girl would pretend to be serious, but cuts loose and act the complete opposite in private.

I think that if you do something long enough, it becomes a habit and part of who you are. Thus, it doesn't make sense for Frosta to have two opposite personalities.

So. We're left with the assertion that it's good writing if the character change makes sense. But it only makes sense if you accept the spoken dialogue as true. Frosta's line of dialogue doesn't sound real to me, so I don't believe it. Ergo it's bad writing.

Does that make sense to you or do you think you can win the argument by evoking a different fallacy?

>I don't know what strawmen are
No, you do not.

Ah, excuse me. I made a mistake and I imagine it confused you. I meant to say, "user assers that it's not bad writing if the change DOES make sense".

So it's up to me as the viewer to agree if the character's verbal statement made sense. Remember, we weren't shown anything. This is the first fucking episode and all we have to go on is a line of dialogue excusing Frosta's personality change.

A strawman is where you construct a false argument and attack that instead of what your opponent is really saying.

We're talking about the effectiveness of the writing and why I don't think it was effective. What the fuck do YOU think a strawman is?

Attached: 1491669807322.jpg (500x500, 23K)

>A strawman is where you construct a false argument and attack that instead of what your opponent is really saying.
Yeah, man. And that's exactly what you did, and have been doing this entire time.
It's as if you don't even hear yourself.

If you weren't making an argument about the quality of writing, then either I misinterpreted your angle or you have poor reading comprehension and hope it's me who's retarded here.

>I think that if you do something long enough, it becomes a habit and part of who you are. Thus, it doesn't make sense for Frosta to have two opposite personalities.
What is "long enough"? We knew her for what, half an episode? You're just making an assumption on your own that you're believing is more of a fact than that other user's assumption.

>Frosta's line of dialogue doesn't sound real to me, so I don't believe it. Ergo it's bad writing.
How can it not sound real to you? If anything, her discussion with Glimmer were the most realistic things she said as an 11 year old.

Listen, I would have been fine if there was a bit more of a transition between the two Frosta's we see, but both versions we get of her are ENTIRELY believable, especially given she'd never shown any animus towards Glimmer in the first place. You're just arbitrarily deciding it's bad writing because, I dunno, you want to troll or something.

I'm not even the person you were talking to when you made all of your strawmen greentext posts. Get over yourself, man.

Why the fuck mods let this shitty show have two threads?! This thread got 75 replies, yet only 35 anons and not even all of them are circlejerking Dyke-Ra fags.

Attached: 1549734356492.png (279x264, 126K)

>Frosta is Glimmer's only fan

Attached: 1527686175775.png (1280x720, 677K)

I became a Glimmer fan when she threatened to murder Catra in cold blood.

>retarded shitposter get his post deleted again.

Attached: 1541234103865.jpg (640x559, 23K)

Literally everyone in the show is a fan of Glimmer.
Except maybe the bad guys, of course.
And Mermista.

>You assume it's bad writing because you're a troll
I note you have poor reading comprehension, so it doesn't surprise me you're cool with the way they wrote Frosta and used a line of dialogue to justify it.

They say "show not tell" because actions speak louder than words in fiction as well as real life. You can't spend one season establishing a character as an ice queen, then have be a hot-blooded child at the start of the next season. There may be a Freudian excuse spoken by the character, but how often do people really do that?

With no show, it's left completely up to the viewer to believe Frosta. Does she really have two personalities, or is that just how she chooses to interpret things? Is there supposed to be a nuance? Or is this the writers feeding Frosta exposition to get past what must be a jarring change to some viewers.

I don't think it makes much sense. Frosta is not well acquainted with everyone, so why would she drop the mask for them? Because they're also princesses? Arguably, being in higher standing company seems like greater reason to behave in a reserved fashion and reflect well on your kingdom.

So it's bad writing, because as the viewer I have to choose the interpretation that works, but more because the character change trapped the writers in the corner and that dialogue was their only way out. It's not good writing, it's not a good scene, and other people shouldn't emulate it or write characters this way.

Attached: wrl-yamaguchis-fro.gif (500x333, 378K)

Why did they even think their only two options were to kill her or let her go? Couldn’t they humanely imprison her instead?

Do they think their own forces only ever exclusively fight robots and never kill any soldiers while they are fighting this war?

>but how often do people really do that?
Glimmer asked her what was going on BECAUSE Frosta was showing a side of herself nobody had seen before. Frosta opens up and tells her.

I don’t know about you, user, but I’d rather have a few threads for each ongoing show instead of the whole board being dedicated to Yea Forums shit

>we need MOAR threads about Carol and Endgame!

I'd rather have threads that aren't spammed shit by small circlejerk samefags.

>youre dumb and i dont like u
Nice preamble.

>They say "show not tell" because actions speak louder than words
Uhh, yes? And Frosta acted in two different ways? Is this not the discussion we're having?

>You can't spend one season establishing a character as an ice queen, then have be a hot-blooded child at the start of the next season.
I addressed this in my previous post.

>a Freudian excuse
I don't think you know what that word means.

>so why would she drop the mask for them? Because they're also princesses?
Yes. Or to be precise, because they're not her subjects. Would you behave the same way in front of other parents as you did in front of your kids? (Given you're in fact old enough to have any)

I’m more concerned with where Bow’s dads got thirteen children. That’s a hell of a lot to adopt. And how old are they anyway if Bow is their youngest kid?

>It' either Dyke-Ra or MCU capshit
It isn't you desperate Dyke-Ra faggot

Whenever someone accosts you for being a fuck-about at your school or place of work, do you explain you're acting out because you crave attention? Or do you get defensive and try to make the person accosting you feel in the wrong?

Obviously, most of us look for outside explanations for our behavior and blame external factors for bad behavior. But if you LIKE being a fuck-about, do you come with an external excuse for it and attempt to justify it as a form of bad behavior? No you don't. Not unless you're sucking up to the person scolding you, but in those cases you're trying to weasel out of being dismissed from whatever you were supposed to be doing by making your boss feel sympathy for you.

So why'd Frosta give Glimmer a little sob story about having two personalities, huh? She wanted to avoid getting fired by making Glimmer feel sorry for her? But if Frosta wants to avoid being fired and she CAN behave like a responsible adult, why the fuck did she not do that to begin with? That's the point of a mask, you autist - to be the thing people see BEFORE they see the real you, before they get to know you.

If the mask of being a competent person works, you don't drop it and say, "Suprise, bitch, I was a fuck-about this whole time!" You just keep being a competent person and you be a fuck-about in the privacy of your home.

You shouldn’t be on Yea Forums then. The only threads that seem to attract a lot of attention are:
Yea Forums shit
Thinly veiled /pol/ shit
Everything else is circlejerking. It’s always been like that. Are you new?

And so special snowflake Dyke-Ra fags keep reporting every post they don't like

Stop lying you spamming Dyke-Ra fag, your small shitty threads would've reached page 10 a long time ago if you weren't keep spamming.

Attached: comeonnow.jpg (500x500, 47K)

You keep being banned because you spam and don’t add anything productive to the threads you join

Frosta wanted to be Glimmer's friend, not just a coworker. And nu She-Ra is basically Friendship is Magic with princesses instead of ponies. They're not going to act like real war commanders.

>because you spam
(you)

>keep being banned
I never get banned for posting in your spammed thread

>Desiring social acceptance is why you drop the mask
Desiring social accepting is WHY YOU WEAR A MASK. If you're a fuck-about, you don't present yourself as a fuck-about to people you want to respect and enjoy you. You expose that part of yourself in small doses and otherwise try to be a functional member of that person's social circle.

It doesn't make any fucking sense and the dialogue sounds like a lie. It's only true because the writers needed it to be true for Frosta's heel-turn personality change to work.

You can't just have characters say what their motherfucking personality is. That is not how it works.

Attached: b976f8322e72526f6fe3cd16e2b2d521.jpg (500x647, 43K)

Believe it or not, I just joined this thread like ten minutes ago. I’m not really the type of person to make threads because mine never seem to gain traction anyway. The only reason I’m replying at all is because your dedication to spamming “dykera fag” is really sad to watch

Again dumb faggot, this thread way more comments than posters and there's another thread already on this shitty show which also have few posters. Stop spamming.

Attached: 1556243241090.png (690x576, 412K)

>WHY YOU WEAR A MASK
>Desiring social acceptance is why you drop the mask
Nobody in the rebellion liked ice queen Frosta. Frosta sees how the best friend squad acts around each other. Frosta wants what they have. Why is that difficult to understand?

Attached: for you.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

no characters must always act the same way in every situation with no variations ever.
That's how people act, after all.

So your logic now is that nobody liked no-shit Frosta, so she became retard Frosta in the hopes to make friends?

It's plausible, but not something shown to us. And since the argument is whether or not the writing is any good, it doesn't help you. All you have to work with is what was on the screen. None of this "behind the scenes, if you squint" crap that could be correct if you wrote a fanfiction to expand on the possibility.

>Why did they even think their only two options were to kill her or let her go? Couldn’t they humanely imprison her instead?

Because (from their perspective of not knowing that Entrapta wasn't actually being held captive) if they didn't let Catra go, The Horde would kill Entrapta. The only deterrent to The Horde killing Entrapta was if Catra would also be killed if Entrapta was killed. But since Bow and Glimmer weren't willing to kill Catra, they didn't have this leverage.

>Lyanna Mormont

Literally, who?

She's not alone in the fight anymore, so she can finally relax her sphincter and be a real kid again. Before, all the pressure was on her.

Do they understand what a prisoner exchange is?

They're teenagers in a sjw show. They barely know how their genitals work.

Attached: catra uwu.jpg (576x577, 35K)

I don't see how it is clunky writing for one character to ask why another character why they are behaving differently, and said character gives a logical explanation. It makes sense for a child who was pressured into behaving like a professional robot suddenly act like an awkward child when they aren't pressured anymore. Also this thread is obviously filled with phone addicted zoomers who have no life experience, if they go outside and stop looking at their phones they will see people behave differently in different social groups. Heck people make themselves look more impressive then they are on Instagram and Facebook.

>She-ra thread
Oh boy, here we go!

Attached: 1555759191403.jpg (500x281, 35K)

>he forgot the spoiler tag

Attached: 1556318293715.png (236x239, 50K)

They don't act like an awkward child. They act like an abrasive punch-drunk psychopath who can't be reasoned with faster than she can punch things in half. Excusing it as "awkward" is being pretty generous.

These are polar opposite behaviors. One's cool, the other's hot.

Or maybe it's aspergers syndrome; it's famous for giving people a hard time understanding social nuances. "Why child act like child I don't understand???!!"

See? Dumb phone addicted zoomerisum!

The problem isn’t the idea but the execution. This show has a MASSIVE “tell, don’t show” problem and is made even worse with show’s terrible pacing. It also doesn’t help since we don’t see Frosta openly apologize for her actions during the Princess Prom, but barely anyone tries to take accountability for what they do in the show as long as they just cry and hug it out in the end, so that’s just par for the course for the show unfortunately.

Or maybe most of us weren't in classes with padded desks, user.

That's kinda bullshit, Asperger is just a very, VERY low level of autism, someone with Asperger can live like everyone and no one would notice him for having autism.
The social stuff can be fixed with therapy

Yeah I know, I'm just making edgy insults.

It's as simple as this--people behave differently at work than when they're with friends. If you have a job where you're expected to be responsible and authoritative, you do it--but once you're off the clock most people would let loose and behave more naturally. For a child ruler, she's basically always on duty, so just consider this an extreme version of that.

Attached: 17_1-01.jpg (937x936, 126K)

Understandable, have a nice day

>It can't be that my low-budget cartoon about a toy is badly written
>Clearly, it's that people who think it's bad writing are autistic!

Come the fuck on, now.

She's a character from Game of Thrones. Basically a little girl who had to take over as the lord of her house at a young age, but is incredibly mature and serious for her age.
The problem is that they barely show any of this aspect of the character. It's a decent justification, but they do almost nothing to establish it. She just suddenly starts acting completely different between seasons and she never acts like she did in season 1 again. I think they needed to do more to show how she has to hold this facade of maturity when she has to command respect. A good way to do this would be to have her act like she did in season 1 whenever she's around the Queen, but switch back to normal when she leaves the room.

She had a personality?

I just finished the episode where Entrapta becomes Hordak new BFF. It was amazing.