Ghost Rider and Helstrom Hulu TV Series Announced

marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/live-action-ghost-rider-and-helstrom-tv-series-heading-to-hulu-in-2020?linkId=66795246

Coming in 2020. Specifically the Robbie Reyes GR from, AOS.

Attached: _hulu_card_0.jpg (780x438, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_PAgiNgLYcU
variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-rider-gabriel-luna-hulu-series-1203202305/amp/
youtube.com/watch?v=b-ZknV1JaSI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>robbie reyes
fuck off then

Attached: 1512256644488.jpg (341x411, 45K)

Yeah that's lame but AoS already teased Johnny so maybe he'll get more airtime and even blue flame Ketch.

Robbie doesn't have that flaming metalic skull anymore?

Attached: ghost_rider___time_lapse_video_link_by_thechamba-d7uo0fm.jpg (900x900, 150K)

So are the new live action Hulu shows gonna have tighter continuity to the MCU like the Disney+ shows will have?

Reyes......really??? Fuck this trash

>Specifically the Robbie Reyes GR from AOS.
Oh cool so no,
>Satanist Elli
>Struggle with power

You might as well just make an OC ghost rider.

Meh. I'm still waiting on that good ol' Johnny Blaze movie.

Fuck off, AOS Season 4 was fucking great for TV capeshit.

Nope. Loeb is producing this. So it will be non canon. The shows produced by Feige and Marvel Studios is canon.

Reyes is pretty cool and all, but I would like some legit Johnny Blaze action, hell AOS even had him for one scene.

>non canon reyes shit on hulu

Attached: 1379499444863.jpg (400x300, 23K)

can´t have a white male hero in current year goy
we won´t stop until they are all replaced

>Loeb
Well fuck, unless they have better co-operation between Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment, I guess we will only get the smallest of hints between the shows...

They should save Danny Ketch for the movies.

>Specifically the Robbie Reyes GR
Into the trash it goes

Attached: puke.jpg (300x277, 26K)

Yes! Best Ghost Rider is not dead!

I had no clue that Robbie was hated that much geez.

>Robbie Reyes
Not even a race thing for me like it is for some people, I just prefer the flaming bike over the flaming car

>all these casuals hating on Robbie
I bet most of you faggots don't even really give a fuck about Johnny anyways

yet another based white hero replaced by some force minority monkey.

RIP DC

Lost at comics
Lost at movies
Lost at video games
Lost at cartoons
Lost at animated movies
Lost at toys
Lost at pop culture relevancy
Lost at TV shows
And now lost at streaming shows... again

Attached: 1513265273798.jpg (960x771, 126K)

>Robbie Reyes GR
Ewwww

All the MCU shows are canon to the MCU.. obviously. You guys act like it's Mutant X or something.
>B..but the movies don't reference the shows!
Because expecting movie viewers to have seen every MCU movie is enough without also making references to shows they probably haven't seen. It's a practical consideration, it doesn't mean it's not still meant to be set in the same universe.

To be fair he's had about 14 (one run and some cameos) comics and 3 episodes of a tv show.
There isn't much to get you to like him, especially when the tv show rewrite half his origin so it's not even the same base character.

I don't hate him, but I want some shit with the other Riders

>M.O.D.O.K.
>Hit Monkey
>Tigra & Dazzler Show
>Howard the Duck
>The Offenders

Am I having a stroke?

Not much, you're right... Because I'm a Based Danny guy. Robbie just plain sucks.

netflix garbage and AOS aren't canon, deal with it liberal

Attached: 1403049753608.jpg (300x400, 82K)

These are animated shows, will probably and hopefully not be canon to the MCU, would hate if they wasted MODOK, Howard and Tigra on these.

>hulu
Why aren't all of the new shows going to Disney+, why make new one o go to the competition ?

Hulu is for R-rated stuff if I recall correctly, they will let all Alien movies on it aswell.

Have no clue what they will do with the streaming rights outside of the US tho, since Hulu is US exclusive.

Hulu is co-owned by Disney (they control 60%) and is where they place hard PG-13/R-rated series.

It's definitely become a solid force to be reckoned with for streaming.

>i want to brag about seeing every mcu thing but don't want to watch the shows

Because these are going to be more adult like the Netflix shows and it would be stupid to have that on the same service as your kid friendly Marvel shows

All I am seeing is that I have to pay for 2 services to get connected materials from the same corporation.

I liked Gabriel Luna's performance in AoS especially this scene.
youtu.be/_PAgiNgLYcU

The moment I saw Johnny, i remembered who the real rider was though.

Agent Carter is sort of canon because one actor showed up in the movies but that's it

Man this is going to be hard to keep track of

You're not wrong there and I don't fault anyone who doesn't want to pay for both services.

Unless they somehow include the Hulu membership with the Disney+ membership, but that wouldnt happen.

>I wasted years of my life watching shitty shows because I thought they were going to be important to the movies

>All the MCU shows are canon to the MCU.. obviously
Marvel Entertainment=!Marvel Studios.

>B..but the movies don't reference the shows!
Which means they can be safely ignored. The movies reference themselves (and maybe the Disney+ shows later but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it)

That show was always produced in house at Marvel Studios if I recall correctly. They even used a scrapped idea for Captain America 3, The Mad Bomb for the season finale in season 1 of Carter.

AOS Robbie is different from comic robbie
they really blanded up his backstory for the show

I thought they already said Hulu and Disney+ were going to be package deals?

Why would I watch something that's irrelevant to the main story?

Retarded if true and a huge mistake. They wouldn't be a viable competitor to Netflix if it happens.

Explains why that show felt a lot better than the others. I was legitimately surprised at how much I enjoyed it

Nah, it was great.

I always saw the shows as "soft canon", complimentary stuff that you could watch to get a better picture of the more average lives in the MCU, but nothing that would affect the films.

Reyes is trash

Have you been living under a rock for the last two fucking years?

They did

Same...Ketch is The Ghost Rider

Wtf, the mouse seem too generous for that kind of a deal, I guess they really want to go face to face with Netflix.

They definitely are. Every once in a while the consumer benefits from competition.

Whoflix?

Attached: D36d1jTUIAEIsjp (1).jpg (780x520, 31K)

What is this weird mentally where you think people only watch tv shows to have 'watched everything canon' and not because they enjoyed the show itself.
You don't actually consume media this way, do you?

Attached: 1556555634404.jpg (527x633, 63K)

>Helstrom
YES

Attached: Circe.png (203x261, 98K)

I like Robbie but not the AoS version

Disney owns 60% of Hulu and there was recently an article about how Comcast intends to sell their stake in hulu to Disney.

If you watched the show because you enjoyed it, that's perfectly fine. Nobody's telling you you can't. Just don't say it's canon cause it's really not

>spic rider

Attached: 1456464890616s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Hulu shows are produced by Loeb abd are non canon while the Disney + shows are produced by Kevin Feige and are canon. That basically the difference.

Where is my fucking midnight sons

Based

We already had two of those and they weren’t very good

I remember only liking him for the crossover aspect. Everybody surprised was so much fun.

It's just nostalgia fa-whoops, I meant "true Ghost Rider fans" that want their (completely ignored for a reason) Danny Ketch movie/series even though Johnny Blaze is being pushed up again in comics.

Attached: 1552454393779.jpg (654x294, 88K)

To be honest, I kinda want a Carter Slade centered episode or short atleast

Attached: Carter_Slade_(Earth-616)_from_Ghost_Rider_Vol_1_1_0001.gif (345x616, 194K)

Mcudrones do exactly this with the movies even if it’s stuff they otherwise wouldn’t care about

And that user was suggesting the reason people whine about the tv shows not being canon and jump through hoops to justify it is because they don’t want to have to watch those too

Obviously this isn’t the case with everyone or even most people. But it definitely is for some

Johnny is king of hell now and that's where he's staying.

I admit, I was a MCU completionist until Cloak and Dagger came out, I just couldnt care enough to watch the whole season.

Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing the Tommy. I don't get why people are compelled to watch everything. But Marvel should've made the TV shows non-canon from the getgo instead of trying to market them as #It'sAllConnected after Avengers, like DC did.

Someone seema to not have read the solicits for this/next month...

>This will mark the second time that Luna has played Ghost Rider, previously appearing as the character in the ABC-Marvel series “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” However, sources stress that this will be a completely new iteration of the character in no way connected to the “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” storyline.

variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-rider-gabriel-luna-hulu-series-1203202305/amp/

This could mean he's not mute as GR and is more faithful to comics.

???

again non-canon shows, who cares...

Attached: skye 1426643758028 1.jpg (806x662, 103K)

>in no way connected to the “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” storyline.
I mean, I can see how, last time he was seen he opened a portal to Hell and left, so they can have an entirely different storyline that doesn't cross over with the AoS. Pretty easy.
You didn't like Cloak & Dagger? It's the only MCU show I'm following more closely nowadays, because Runaways is boring as fuck now.

Every time someone hates a >Why would I watch something that's irrelevant to the main story?
For the story, characters, etc.? Do you literally only read and watch crossovers and 'events'? What in the actual fuck?

Ignore the first line not sure what happened there.

I'm kinda waiting for the entire series to be finished and dumped on Hulu before watching it, personally. I don't have the patience to wait for shows to air on my TV anymore.

So far it's been very fun and I like the interactions between Tandy and Tyrone. I know it triggers Yea Forumstards though, but I really like how their powers are portrayed in the series and how often they use them.

Look, I waved the "It's All Connected" flag for a long time too. But if the upcoming season of AoS doesn't have a five year gap and immediately address the aftermath of Endgame (and if Marvel Television is really completely disconnected from the movie studio, they won't die to lack of inside knowledge), it'll be impossible to keep pretending it's the same universe.

*due, not die

I don't watch everything I watch in case it builds up to some epic crossover event. I watch most of the Marvel shows because the majority of them are good. The ones that aren't I skip.

>But if the upcoming season of AoS doesn't have a five year gap and immediately address the aftermath of Endgame (and if Marvel Television is really completely disconnected from the movie studio, they won't die to lack of inside knowledge), it'll be impossible to keep pretending it's the same universe.
The premiere already happened in march 30 and it is one year in 2019. They don't mention the snap or Thanos at all. They are not even pretending to be canon anymore.

>The premiere already happened in march 30
Was this some special press screening? It doesn't air for another two weeks.

> Was this some special press screening?
It was at wonder con.

Based on what? It's categorized as part of the MCU, never directly contradicted, the shows, regularly reference movie events, the movies referenced a show with Jarvis, characters from the movies like Nick Fury and Sif appear with the same actors referencing movie events. This 'not canon' meme has to be trolling.

>, the movies referenced a show with Jarvis,
Kevin Feige produced Agent Carter. The rest he had nothing to do with. Agent Carter was also written out of the canon. So Agent Carter is the only semi canon show. The rest of the other shows like AoS and Netflix are non canon.

You have no evidence of any of this beyond "Kevin Feige produced this one show". Even the Russos said they considered using the tv characters in Infinity War/Endgame but didn't because they wanted to keep it contained.

you can really pick out who the tourists are by the mindless Robbie hate.

Robbie's well-liked. At the very least, people don't usually count him as one of the bad legacies. Everyone's been shitting on Aaron for his take on Robbie in his Avengers book. But not everyone watches AoS, and I'm sure a lot of people who did didn't like the changes made to the character.

Robbie had two runs, actually. Plus a four issue mini for Secret Wars.

Not just here, but the other MCU Shows thread is full of tourists also . Weird shit to see people trying to force the whole "non-canon" meme even when it's Disney+ and Marvel Studios producing them.

>Even the Russos said they considered using the tv characters in Infinity War/Endgame but didn't because they wanted to keep it contained.
You actually believe that after they snuck in Howard the Duck in the final battle and none of the TV heroes? MCU TV fags are delusional. They outright say its non canon because it still makes money for Disney but it's non canon and they were lying. Feige and Marvel Studios only consider what they produce canon.

>They outright say its non canon because it still makes money for Disney but it's non canon and they were lying.
Did you have a stroke while posting this?

They can't outright say its non canon because it still makes money for Disney but it's non canon and they were lying. Feige and Marvel Studios only consider what they produce canon. This is what I meant.

>This is what I meant.
And you're wrong, cheers!

Attached: Screenshot from 2017-03-22 15-44-36.png (152x168, 7K)

>However, sources stress that this will be a completely new iteration of the character in no way connected to the “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” storyline.
The fuck does that mean?

N O T C A N O N

Attached: a vlcsnap-2016-08-15-02h43m05s435.jpg (1280x738, 134K)

same character and same actor but a completely new universe for the actual series. Like Constantine and Legends of Tomorrow or Doom Patrol and Titans

plus he sucks, so there's that.

Not wrong. All the Marvel TV shows are non canon except for the ones produced by Kevin Feige and contradicts the established universe.That is why Inhumans don't exist in the MCU except for AoS and the cancelled show.

>All the Marvel TV shows are non canon except for the ones produced by Kevin Feige and contradicts the established universe.
Source on these shows contradicting the established universe and them outright saying they aren't canon, I'll wait.
BTW:
>"t-they said it but they didn't mean it!"
Is not proof.

Reminder
>Marvel Studios/Feige
canon
>Marvel Television/Loeb
not canon

Where do Cloak & Dagger and The Runaways fall in?

>Source on these shows contradicting the established universe
Didn't you see how Inhumans don't exist in the rest of the MCU expect AoS and Inhumans. That contradicts the MCU. That shows it is not canon. Hell even in the movies it contradicts Coulson knowing about aliens. The shows are non canon.

Non canon.

lol show where they say anything from them has contributed to the cinematic universe. I'll wait. galaxybrain, just because you want them to, doesn't mean they do

Based.

Why are you flipping the question on me? I asked you to prove why they weren't canon even though they're under the same banner and have crossed over in the past. What you're saying isn't proof, it's circumstantial evidence that isn't even faithful since Inhumans, for instance, was originally meant to be a movie. They actually reference the Netflix shows (Misty Knight is mentioned) and they also mention something about the Battle of New York.

lmao the TV shows aren't even canon to each other and fags expect them to be canon to the MCU

Howard already appeared in the MCU though.

>Robbie sucks!
>why?
>b-b-b-because he's a spic and uuh he's a spic and he reminds me im only 56% white

And you will, filthy goy.

I can only hope. I hope they give Robbie the chrome skull from the comics.

>What's wrong, guys?
>That guy, he was Mexican, he was ghost rider and he ruined new TV show.
>You need to slow it down. Relax. Inhale. Hold. Hold....... Hold. Hold. Little longer. Hold. Hale. Now tell me what happened.
>That guy. That Mexican. He force his minority in show and we were supposed to enjoy the show and he was Mexican and he ruined new tv show.

Attached: chief beef loco.jpg (720x480, 129K)

Because , he never had anything to do with ghost rider he had no connection to the Spirit of Vengeance until they realized he doesn't sale so they tried to recon him to being one, has no villains and can't hold a book that last longer than 20 issues. Bonus he drives a fucking car!!! He's the ghost driver and that's cannon .

>Hulu does Satanic shit right after Disney became the majority shareholder.
What did they mean by this?

Attached: satan is boring.jpg (500x658, 101K)

Robbie's great and an absolutely kino character... in the comics. A competent animation crew would do ANGR justice, this is just gonna be garbage.

Attached: tumblr_n3w3nvGXCC1qzr23oo1_1280.png (1280x687, 1.35M)

I'm imagining a Titmouse-animated Robbie a la Motorcity. That would be great. Better than wasting them on a Moon Girl show that may or may not have been shelved.

I was thinking something more along the lines stylistically as Redline. Madhouse ain't new to doing Marvel shit either, so it's not unrealistic to want it.
youtube.com/watch?v=b-ZknV1JaSI

>Robbie you're gunna lose them, then how will you pay for Gabe?
>Having doubts huh? Well you can shut it Elli, you're just a voice, you don't know the first thing about racing.
>Cars wheels catch fire as he accelerates

Other Marvel Entertainment productions used old drafts too like The Runaways

I think Feige had a hand in the pilot or something.

so it's just a bootleg knight rider then.... god damn Robbie sucks.

we are still in full Yea Forums migration over there, don't worry about it.

Honestly Cloak and Dagger season 2 is fire.

Damn right. I guess you could say it's been pure mayhem

Look at the rightmost character in the OP pic.

No that one doesn't count because he's "evil", or something... That's what he'll say.

Robbie is good

>Loeb

I hate this guy so much. Why does he keep picking off Marvel properties to waste on shitty TV shows that inevitably get canceled?

all the Loeb produced shows have been low budget trash anyways

>134 comments and only one is mentioning Hellstorm
Finally our boy will shine now that the rip off is stuck on the CW

Daimon and Satana are redhead, they will be black.

no...no he's not.

Daimon looks sexy
Then again Daimon always looks sexy

I don't know why people keep working with him and Jesse Alexander, they are shit producers and showrunners.

They're probably cheap, plus Loeb skates by on his good comics from the 90's early 2000's

>people unironically calling Daredevil shit in this thread
YIKES

Attached: Daredevil_Vol_1_1.jpg (708x1080, 349K)

>satana
BIGUS DICKUS HAS ARRIVED

fuck off Robbie was based.

Attached: robbie.png (1920x1080, 2.33M)

This. He sounds so cringe at first, but when you read his stuff, he's one of the better "diverse" legacy heroes Marvel shat out from that era.

Attached: 1472547835441.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Same. Hopefully since the Hulu/Disney+ is more synergetic with the movies, this'll mean that Ketch/Blaze can still be used for the movies, especially since multiple writers have been established.

Yea Forums transplants, don't worry.
People forget Johnny Blaze was literally used for his origin in Agents of SHIELD, so obviously there's a chance for other Spirits of Vengeance to appear.

>Make gabe disabled
>bring in the Eli subplot
that would make it alot better

close, Markus and McFeely were the showrunners and Feige was an EP

I'm sure people have valid complaints, even if people will troll and default to spic just to get a reaction. I can understand why people would hate him on principal without even looking into him, since he's undeniably part of the poorly-received legacy initiative. Honestly, if he debuted without those characters around, more people would give him a shot.

I doubt they started retconning stuff because it doesn't sell. He has the name, that's way more important than the SoV - and Eli's already similar in execution.

All this retcon stuff is because of Jason Aaron, and everybody knows that Aaron is a hack who seems to hate Robbie. The Penance Stare was Aaron's work, too.

He also had villains. He had the cheesecake muscle girl, the Blue Krue, and the mob (which was already dealt with, but can come back easily.) Calvin Zabo is a transplant.