Star vs

From which decade would the show have been better?

Attached: Star_vs._throughout_the_Years_Styles.jpg (3500x2901, 1.36M)

30s looks pretty fun.

I'd watchall of them except the last one

How can the 30's have so much soul?

80s. Actually, current visuals are ok, but give us 80s story-structure with threatening villains and a huge show-ending big-bad that isn't "muh racism" or "muh bigotry" please.

those exact designs?
fuck almost all of 'em.
30's would have been great
90's radicaldudebro tom should get someone on a cross
and danny phantom/odd parent's artstyle is no better than calarts, the faggots only complaining now are just nostalgia blind

>big Ludo as final villain never ever
Fuck this show

Based

The 80s version is the only one that looks decent, but it would have super limited and choppy animation.

70s
Fuck all of your shit
Would be comfy as fuck

I recognize what cartoon are they suppose to be in every picture except the 90s one, what cartoon are they parodying there?

Definitely the Burger King kids, maybe some Goof Troop and/or Captain Planet.

Recess?

man you can literally SEE the shitty humor from every decade
I choose 50's or 80's

Work on your art.

The one with Fisto-Marco for sure.

90's star is the most likely to have worn a bikini at the pool and beach. star top, and little butterfly on the panties.

Attached: american tomato.gif (200x200, 1.57M)

That's not it would actually look in any of these decades though. That's just putting them in the style of an actually existing show from that era.

50s Star vs. would be kino

90s Star vs. would probably be a totally different show entirely

Unironically 80s. It'd blend right in with Rainbow Bright, Carebears, and MLP. It's also a show that is only good in episodic format.

Attached: 1494787997194.gif (490x370, 1.66M)

I would rather see Star Vs based in the 80s. Star would definitely be a Madonna fangirl and Jackie would be a Pat Benetar/The Cure type of girl.

Attached: 8d7.jpg (500x500, 44K)

>00s represented by Hartman style
Why though, he only had 2 shows in the 00s and they were pretty stylistically different from everything else at the time.

>80's story-structure
>threatening villains
Pick one

Who made that??

I guess it's because his show was one of the most popular at the time

yeoldegaganddoodle

Attached: gf.jpg (800x1017, 351K)

yeah
80s villains looked scary, but were giant doofuses 90% of the time

I can literally taste the 90s one

Attached: Star_vs_PSA.jpg (700x529, 114K)

I em getting a strong "Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue" vibe from that image

>From which decade would the show have been better?
The 90s
If it were 90s Disney that is

Attached: princess star.jpg (1024x578, 89K)

btw, anyone know where I can get the VHS?

Attached: p9hgii97lq1w41gogo1_1280.jpg (1280x960, 354K)

90's Star could be edgier and more mature than 10's could ever hope to be. Back then the motto was to push the envelope, for better or worse, and for the first time since the 50's, the directors got control over their cartoons.

Slightly too young, but still cute. Also, you know this wouod have been on the back of a big-budget traditionally animated feature.

yeah, alto this one looks more around the lines of "Yo Yogi"

At your local blockbuster

80's/90's or bust

Attached: Star and the Forces of Evil 1989.jpg (818x536, 36K)

Who made that?
THIS.IS,REALLY.AWESOME!!

lots of 80's villains were real threats, with goons using weapons, and whose objectives involves mass death and enslavement of survivors. The threat was real and the scales were high. Modern cartoons have a big problem with thinking "a villain that hates the hero and want to ruin his school day" is not only worth an episode, but a season.

>Who made that?
that's what I'd like to know
found it posted on a forum, and the guy who posted it there found it posted in some other forum
can't find the original anywhere

Animation was so awkward though, rather have it be like a 00's Disney attempt at Avatar

>a villain that hates the hero and want to ruin his school day
wasn't that basically the first few seasons of Power Rangers tho?

I generally remember allot of 1990s/2000s shows doing this

Attached: Rita_Repulsa_from_Mighty_Morphin'_Power_Rangers_(screencap).jpg (320x240, 24K)

Lots of 80s villains were also tied to being episodic threats, with no real overarching plot.

The 90s and 00s reps are both pretty fucking weird in that image. The 90s one if from a style that only lasted the first couple of years before retro styles and R+S knockoffs dominated, and the 00s one is only what Butch Hartman made, and the villain designs look like they're from TUFF Puppy rather than FOP or DP, which was a 10s cartoon.

I think the Butch Hartman style is meant to represent the thick outlines style used in late 1990s and early 2000s cartoons in general
Not only Butch Hartman, but also Craig McCracken, Rob Renzetti, or Genndy Tartakovsky

That's true. But it also made the show more watchable. There's a reason Star vs airs on a couple of times but Big City Greens is on CONSTANTLY. Each episode is self contained and easily digestible.

does that make them less threatening though? It's just about how you present the danger. "overarching plots" has become really pretentious these days, as it's just a way to say "instead of having a plan that goes for 20 minute straight, we have a plan that show 1 minutes per episode 20 time", while the scale and actions aren't especially more impressive.

I feel like the Sailor Moon model would have been the way to go. Super-threatening big bad with defeatable Lieutenants, each more difficult. That way when the big bad is overcome there's a feeling of accomplishment.

I remember watching Ninja Turtles and He-Man re-runs as a kid
Mostly I just remember Shredder and Skeletor shaking their fists in impotent rage, and complaining about how they are surrounded by idiots

Nogger you do realise that a lot of 80s/90s shows used to be choke-full with this shit?

Just watch the moraline-sour blabbering at the end of old He-Man! shows.
Remembering alone makes me wanna puke.

Maybe it is an object form another reality.

yeah...

Attached: captain planet.jpg (182x268, 17K)

Oh god...
Yeah, thats exactly what i was talking about and frankly, i could have done without getting a reminder what asinine shit existed back in the day.

notice how it gradually goes downhill
from soul to soulless

They were required to do that, weren't they? Besides, you can just not watch that part.

Captain Planet was great. I wanted Linka to squeeze my head between her bare, muscular thighs.

I really struggled through this season and gave up finally after Coronation.

What's happened in the few episodes since then?

Marco knocked Star up.
But seriously, go watch the beach episode, its maximum comfy and a flashback to the early days.

50s referencing that pepsodent commercial?
Thats pretty based.

80's is the best for both, the art style and the stry but 30's is perfect for just wild shenanigans and nightmare scenarios.

Thats how cheesy cartoons from the 90' looked like but its probably captain planet

>90's Star could be edgier and more mature than 10's could ever hope to be
Yeah. Imagine if Star was this edgy. Just imagine.

Attached: 90s.jpg (1200x1200, 343K)

kek

But captain planet was kind of realistic, those faces look too stretchy, they look more like the humans in We are Back.

The thing that made Rita work is that she was that much of a petty cunt that she could go from "my monster is going to destroy Angel Groove and then the world!" to "I am going to ruin that Pink bitch fundraiser carnival and THEN take over the world!" and nobody batted an eye.

Most PR villains were like that. Not just Rita.

imagine if Tartakovsky worked on star

Based

Both 50's and 90's designs are the best. They don't exactly look like the show but they look more cohesive.

90's standards, like any television cartoon.

If you could get a disney tier budget obviously 40's is better.

I really like the artstyle of 50's/60's/70's and i'm sad that they came in an age where they couldn't be animated well.