GL Storytime

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.53M)

How've you been Yea Forums?

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1M)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.06M)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.17M)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-006.jpg (1988x3056, 787K)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1021K)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-008.jpg (1988x3056, 818K)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-010.jpg (1988x3056, 896K)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.53M)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-012.jpg (1988x3056, 813K)

This is a good JUSTICE reference

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-013.jpg (1988x3056, 255K)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.01M)

>ywn have a waifu powerring
Always liked the idea of Hal's ring being sentient ever since Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-015.jpg (1988x3056, 852K)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.37M)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.23M)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-018.jpg (1988x3056, 488K)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-019.jpg (1988x3056, 778K)

This isn't very good.

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.06M)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.08M)

Its okay. I do agree the amount of dialogue might look bad in first glance but I enjoyed it.Its giving me Willworld vibes.

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-022.jpg (1988x3056, 859K)

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-023.jpg (1988x3056, 1.39M)

The End. Hope you guys liked it. Support the book in your LCS if you do.

Attached: The Green Lantern (2018-) 007-024.jpg (1988x3056, 623K)

It's not just that. It creates concepts and ignores them until it wants. It fails on following what has been established the previous issues.

Willworld has fun art and good writing
this doesn't compare at all

>Sharp will never go back to drawing fun Marvel UK stuff
gay

I think Sharp is pretty good.

Great issue. I absolutely love Sharp and Morrison as a team.

So still pretending that Hal still happens to have the same ring Abin game him?

Even thought that was lost when he took Malvolio's ring, which was lost when he crushed it under his boot, then got a new random one when the corps restarted, then another new one after he was kicked out and reinstated after First Army situation, which was lost when he quit and then reforged his own special ring?

Morrison is doing his own thing

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed that. I agree, the rings being intelligent beings is a fun idea. Wish it came up more often, but still.

>kissu
Hal is going to make romantic, gentle love to Pengowirr, isn't he?

Nobody cares about Venditti or Johns' shitty runs.

He lost one during the Sinestro Corps war and got a new one two issues later

Who cares

>Johns' shitty runs.
Why pretend Johns run was bad? It was pretty good dude.

Thanks for the storytime.

Hal infiltrating Darkstars was a meh story. This was a great issue finally. Reminds me of Druillet.

>Hal infiltrating Darkstars was a meh story
I agree. Happened too fast but then again GL is a monthly now.

>Johns' shitty runs
It was much better than this.

Johns' run was just an event comic on steroids.

>Perdoo
Was he the one from that Legends of Dead Earth annual back in the 90's?

I don't get why you have to pretend it was bad. You can hate Johns and all but his GLs was pretty good at the time with high sales and shit. You also hate his JSA run too?

His GL was the worst of Johns. JSA was decent only due to Goyer.

Whatever taste is subjective anyway.

>tfw the power ring also doubles as a cockring

Thanks as always

This was a really nice issue, thanks OP

garbage, garbage, garbage

Huh, I have the opposite opinion. Imo this was the weakest issue so far.
But everyone his opinion.

Very nice.

Morrison is a terrible asshole of a writer who doesn't respect the reader or other writers.

he looks badass with the robes
I want an "old man hal" like story where the entire universe was ravaged by an apocalypse

this was the best issue of the current run so far in my opinion
here the bizarre look and world building actually worked. in the previous issues it just didn´t seem fitting for a green lantern comic or even a dc comic

Okay I gotta start an argument with you, because you are horribly fucking wrong.

That is clearly a cloak and not a robe. My god man, how can you not see?

continuity is unsustainable. It's run shouldn't be "Superman #xx-yy" but "John Smith presents Superman" and John Smith should keep parts of the continuity they like only.

Continuity is plenty sustainable if you have an editor willing to do their fucking job.

So is Hal shifting into pure willpower and crafting his own ring still canon?

What do we gain from blindly following continuity?

Tony Stark is a union of what Franklin remembered from him, idealized, with Tony's future self(?)/brother(?) who got his mind rebooted so civil war doesn't factor in his characterization.
This is rubbish, user. Rubbish.

>Continuity is sustainable if you hire yes-man lackeys
FTFY

Erotic. This feels more like Heavy Metal magazine than Green Lantern.

A story that makes sense. Half the fun of big two comics is that they're all one story.

And unless you bring that shit up, the result is mostly just Tony. Bringing that up but all wrong is where a writer like Morrison gets in trouble.

Lol what. Some of the best twists in comics are writers playing with continuity. Stuff like the Winter Soldier or Blackest Night prophecy.

>over half over
>literally nothing has happened

So this kinda makes Pengowirr like the good version of Volthoom.

>just don't bring it up
>just act like it hasn't happened
So, ignore continuity. I'm glad we agree.

Isn't that guy with the arrow shaped snout a 2000 A.D. Comics reference? Whatshisname the Warlock?

>A story that makes sense.
The story makes more sense than if we were anally retentive enough to mention this isn't the same ring Hal got from Abin sur. Knowing these stories by themselves is not impressive, you have to make a compelling narrative too.

Not ignore, but if it's a plot point not relevant then don't harp on it. That's the exact opposite of what's going on here.

>We were promised Morrison's GL run will be a police procedural in Space

>We get 90's Vertigo bullshit

He cannot help himself, he ALWAYS says he's going to do a very grounded run and then he has to try to outdo Alan Moore & Neil G with flowery storytelling instead of solid capeshit.

Attached: jj8.jpg (528x390, 17K)

And if the newest part of the overall narrative raises questions about past stories while using past stories it leads to pointless confusion.

Fuck y'all, I loved it. This isn't the first time Hal's dealt with realms made of pure imagination and defined by his own will. And honestly, the comic's going nowhere in a way I LIKE because it's basically just an adventure tour of the most spectacular and weirdest parts of space's community. It's almost like a Tintin comic starring GL.

Those past stories are irrelevant, what do we gain from acknowledging mediocre? Having the original ring is way better than saying it's his 3rd replacement ring.

>Half the fun of big two comics is that they're all one story.
No, they fucking don't. How long have you even been reading comics? Shit gets revamped every ten years.

>Some of the best twists in comics
>Blackest Night
Lmao

That's subjective as fuck, and hence irrelevant.

What we get from acknowledging those stories is consistency.

DC has been down the utter shitter since the new 52. Marvel has been an in cohesive mess for nearly as long. Sales are down across the board. How long have you been reading comics?

But this is fucking capeshit. This is what capeshit should be. The genre has fallen so low that it only consists of mindless punching and shitty quips now. Thanks Geoff Johns, Scott Snyder and MCU.

Hey it had fantastic lead up based on recontextualizing old continuity. Yeah the event was a bit bog standard, but the lead up was excellent.

I get what Morrison is trying to do, but doesn't this imply that any time Hal's ring loses it's charge, that Pengowir will die? She's not going to last very long.

What does sales have to do with anything? Batman in the 90s didn't act like how he did in the 2000s. Neither did he act in the 70s how he did in the 60s. Continuity has always been a term to attract manchildren.

What do stylistic changes in writing have to do with continuity?

It's always Morrison fanboys who have to come up with excuses for their favorite drug addict not knowing the characters he's writing.

>Stylistic change
Never mind. Go read Shazam, DCeased or year of villain.

Yeah that's what Infigured. You have no actual point.

I need there to be a healthy amount of fan art depicting Hal and Pengowirr doing wholesome, platonic BFF stuff together.

Here, user. Let me fix this for you.

At some point, off panel, Hal went back to Lord Malvolio's planet and gathered the discarded fragments of Abin's old ring. He then used those fragments in the creation of the ring he made for himself.

Also, the Guardians recaptured Myrwhydden and put him back in Hal's ring, which is why Hal says it was them who did that and not Abin like in the original story.

There, all wrapped up neat and tidy. You're welcome.

What? Morrison ignored Hal having changed rings so, he could tell his story. How is that the opposite?

>What we get from acknowledging those stories is consistency.
If anything this story is more consistent than if we acknowledge those stories. Hal jordan got his ring from Abin sur--that's consistency, not knowing every minute detail isn't.

Because he's literally ignoring relevant plot points. The Stark stuff is usually irrelevant.

That's retarded. There's been about 64 years of comic in between. Go fuck off Didio, story matters.

You haven't even read 64 years worth of GL. You haven't even read enough comics if you think Johns' run is not shit.

Not bad user. I wish Morrison was good enough to use details like this.

Lol I have eight ficking long boxes of GL. I have every issue from 85 on. I have about half the issues before that.. Including every spin off series. Darlstars, Spectre, Power Ring JLA arcs, that Tattoes Man Vertigo mini, etc. I guarantee I have forgotten more of this than most people ever knew.

>Comics are one big story
>Character change is only a tonal change
Nigger, comics have always changed with the editor and writer. Go watch MCU for your continuity.

You are one of the dumber people I've met here.

Explaining the history of Abin's ring getting destroyed and remade would have only confused the new readers.

Better to let the longtime vets like us piece it together ourselves. We don't need the writers to hold our hands. We can figure this stuff out on our own.

No you are

He can allude to it without info dumping too badly. Have him talk about his ring being wrecked and reformed, always him and that ring, with a panel referencing the original destruction, and one for reforming. It would strengthen what he's gone through with the ring while satisfying the broader story.

>You haven't even read 64 years worth of GL

Not him, but that's literally how I got into comics. I found a torrent of every GL appearance made from the Golden Age up until Final Crisis was rolling out. You'd be surprised how often Hal showed up in other peoples books.

I'm the dude with eight fucking long boxes and I find that impressive.

You find any neat plot or lore stuff outside of main GL books?

This was a nice story, doesn't feel particularly canon but this whole run has felt pretty disconnected from everything else and current canon is a dumpster fire so I'll take it.

It's not retarded, it's the only logical choice for writers. These stores where the rings break are blips on the radar screen but in the 64 years if we know one thing for certain is that Hal got his ring from abin sur.

Because nobody but a few artists care about it. Morrison would not want to break the flow of an issue comprising of prose and rhyming to pander to those few autists. It's not as if the purpose of a comic is for good writing and art, rather than to dump canon.

Absolutely retarded.

Well how'd THAT get in there?

Yeah it's funny but then again I've missed this sort of magic in cosmic stories, too long have they been limited by writers with poor imagination and the story just becomes too grounded.

Yeah she probably won't be brought up again after this story for that reason.

Nothing outrageous. The Darkstars were actually still relevant until around Infinite Crisis where the last 3 guys finally died fighting the vampire guy that Morrison modeled the Darkstar girl Hal was recruited by after. So maybe a coincidence on that or Morrison actually read that issue of Adam Strange and liked the idea so he incorporated it.

I think I have all the IC stuff in a box of Crisis stuff too.

Loved this issue, Sharp should color all his work, it looks MUCH better than the regular colorist.

Morrison knows when to cut the fat off continuity.

I love how it looks a little like Alan Scott’s cape.

sadly this is true and they do this with the hopes of getting new readers but i don't see it working at all even the successful marvel movies can't get people to read comics, maybe a few collected trades if lucky at all. crisis on infinite earths was written to simplify DC multiverse to mirror marvel's more real world approach and they haven't stopped since... i personally like alternate timelines and universes but that's just me. as for continuity, i don't see how it hurts the story, only editors can hurt or improve. these characters were made to change overtime, this is how kirby envisioned the fantastic four and thor. asgard's gods were meant to die but the company deemed it too profitable to kill off the cash cow so kirby went on and redid his thor as the new gods. since then we see the rule is for characters not to change but present an illusion of change which jim shooter enforced with an iron fist. now a days there's change but not in the establish character but instead with sjw pandering headline clickbait attempts in drawing readers in. see wally west he was allowed to grow and now can't. by the same token we can't continuity bog down people like soap operas do with the convoluted backstories of events. keep it simple and each writer should write what they seem to enjoy. morrison might be glossing over key details of recent developments over Hal's ring and he could have easily done what this post said but for some reason didn't and we must move on and wait for the end of his run to see if this doesn't come up again or perhaps a future writer would work this kid bit in into their larger story. believe in the hypercrisis, that is all and 52 all day everyday my fellow anons.
very cool which GL writer has been your favorite and can you recommend me some runs to read?>which is why Hal says it was them who did that and not Abin like in the original story.
this issue also says it was the Guardians

Attached: iron-man-2-0.png (400x605, 534K)

It is a space police procedural, you brainlet.

Um, this is a MCU discussion forum. Nobody is impressed or gives a flying fuck about all your deep lore. Which you probably got off a wiki five minutes before typing this.

Fuck off comicfag

Morrisonfags are the worst

I hope Hal ends up fucking that elf. She's hot.

Cockring

>Black hair

Hello there Kyle.

So GL is up against Ben 10 in the next Death Battle.

With the ring being constantly compared to a computer it's also easy to say Hal just transferred its data to whatever new rings he got. Maybe all lantern ring data I'd backed up on oan lantern servers. So in spirit at least it is the same as Abin's ring. There's a million ways to come up with answers but it really doesn't matter for the sake of this story.

Pengowirr is not for sexual.

Yeah. They both have the whole gadget will keep wearer alive if they're gonna die function so could be neat.
Was literally made for Lewds my dude

What is the deal with this book? This is issue had no release date a few days ago and here it is. Does #8 have a date? How long is it lasting?

It's literally in the solicits bro

Pengowirr is a pure, gentle soul, and is not for sexual. She and Hal have a strictly platonic relationship, and are going out for ice cream after this.

>Hal
>Not filling every hole he sees
Yeah right. Hal is gonna strap his Power ring as a cock ring in the next issue.

I hope the Darkstars over aching plot builds towards the final issue. Morrison has always done this. All the high concept stuff goes on in the background, while the more intimate stuff is in the foreground.

Why doesn't he just put a ring on his ring and get married?

Tbf Hal and his Power ring is usually end game. I mean most of times Hal is shown to be old he's one with will/Super Strong with his GL Ring

Hal may be an idiot, but he treasures his friendships. Pengowirr is the one lady who is sexually off limits.

Anyone have that photo of him and Barry and Hal telling Barry even if the League falls apart they'll still be together. Hal has some great friendships with the DC Universe, he also has great moments with Clark and Bruce

But if he puts a ring on his Ring he wouldn't be able to wear his Ring

There's an from Hal's days trying to get a place to live after the Crisis where he goes around to all the League members and his friends trying to get help. Everyone just either blows him off or tells him to fuck off. You get to the end of the issue with Hal distraught and holding a list of names crossed out and Barry was at the top despite being dead.

>ywn have a waifu powerring
The ring of Jessica is cuter...

Yeah what issue was that again? I remember Bruce blowing him off since he was still grieving over Jason dying
No!

it was Action Comics Weekly 606 I think

John Stewart tells him to fuck off, Bruce and Alfred tell him to fuck off, Superman ignores him, Ollie tells him to grow up and leave him alone, Carol turned evil

Yes, he does look like Nemesis the Warlock.

No, it wasn't. Johns retells the stories of Moore and it settings to fit his convenience.

Superman chews him out and Hal wasn't able to say what he wanted also John is still mad at Hal because Carol killed Katma.

Why are you like this?

Hal daydreaming about Superman bitching him out happened later, at first he just said he was busy or something

Hal was a walking disaster the whole series

People like the pretend John's GL wasn't good just to hate on him. Welcome to Yea Forums
But then again without that harsh treatment Hal would have never become King of the Bums

doesn't her ring have a grumpy old guy?

it's nice to see in TGL that Hal has finally embraced his role as king hobo

God damn Sharpe is becoming one of my favorite artists ever.

HAL JORDAN KING OF THE BUMS

It surprises me and deeply disappoints that until now no writer has taken the trouble to conceive the idea that rings after centuries of being used by living beings and channeling willpower in them have not evolved into something more than a simple A.I. that they had become living entities with their own minds

Didnt like him at all when he was doing WW. Felt off.

But what if a ring had enough willpower to get their own ring?

.... Humphries was doing the same thing with Jessica's ring. Why you lying?

It's been done before brah.

Because if Green Lantern has so much creative potential, is it abandoned from the cinematographic universe? Because the movie they made sucks so much?

Yeah movie was pretty bad but I hope it isnt the end of it. I mean people tend to forget Marvel also made shit movies but they managed to bounce back

Not the enought, the rings should evolve to the point where they can be the companions of the lanterns, not just their tools, I dislike how writers deliberately restrict what green lanterns can do

Great idea! Just imagine that in the future the rings can operate at the same time as your ringbearer, but that would be possible if himself has the will to give that level of autonomy to his ring, and at the same time the ring strengthens his link with the lantern by matching your confidence

This is fucking retarded and I will thank god everyday you're not a comic writer

Johns' _____ was never good, dude's a bad writer

Kill yourself your ideas are shit.

This.

As easy as starting from Zero, the first film presents Hal Jordan -Part First Fligth, part Movie history- then continues with a movie of the Green Lantern Corps showing various lanterns in a new story -rise of the manhunters- the second of GL would speak of the prophecy of the Blackest Night and as Sinestro discovers that Abin Sur was actually killed by the Guardians so that he would not talk about the prophecy, he ends up discovering that Parallax is locked in the Central Battery and liberates it, creating the Yellow Lanterns to put end to the tyranny of the Guardians

You first, since it is obvious that you have nothing better to do with your ... whatever you call life

Then it would get an even smaller ring to wear like around the face of the ring

To expound on and , do you want Manhunters? Because this is how you get Manhunters.

Man i was really hoping for a Hal cameo in JL, with like an airbase scene and they're about to fly off but was cancelled because Supes came to save the day and wed see a pilot holding a green ring. Id have the villain of the movie to be Mongul if it were me, Warworld is coming to earth, Hal and John fights him and lose then they fight again with Kilowog, Tomar-re and Sinestro and in the after credits scene is Sinestro discovering the ones maintaining war world are captured Qwardians

Every sentence in this was worse than the last.

Nah. You're the one sitting online writing shitty fan fiction in anonymous forums rather than writing your own comic.

I'm the one killing time on break at work having to see your autism shit this place up. Stop using a trip and fuck off.

These GL symbols inside each other are a trippy design

In what issue did Hal disarm a universe busting bomb?

Oh shit, Phantom Stranger where r u?

Literally the last one.

That's cool

This is my main complain about his run. The constant events killed it for me. Dropped halfway through War of the Green Lantern corps or something like that

This is just like that doctor who episode with the tardis soul who is also a hot chick

Oh shit, nice, Hal gets out of this one without Phantom Stranger

masterpiece

best single issue of 2019 so far

That was sweet, thanks for that anons, gave me some Swamp Thing vibes with the awesome art and excellent writing, that feat where Hal gets back from space with the ring is notable.

>She and Hal have a strictly platonic relationship
Pengowirr is the Cortana to Hal's Master Chief...

also I think she represents Hal's Anima side after all he does go inwards even though it's inside his ring it should represent his soul as they both discovers willpower in the face of immeasurable odds.

I would save Mongul and his Warworld for a Green Lantern Corps movie, possibly for the second one where they would make their appearance Guy Gadner and John Stewart:

-Hal Jordan spends so much time in space(Sinestro Wars, Others Lanters, Arysia) that he does not have time to protect his sector, so the guardians authorize a second ring to be sent to choose a new flashlight.

-The ring finds the potential candidate but there is a problem: find two beings with a strong willpower at the same time so the ring is divided into two and thrown to the chosen ones; Chicago police Guy Gadner and Marine John Stewart

The film would focus on how both recruits try to prove who is the best to be the new Green Lantern, Gadner is the typical bastard that is thrown into action while Stewart is more methodical and protocol follower, by their personalities both characters they antagonize at the beginning, but when the lanterns receive the call of help by the threat of Mongul they respond to the duty, in the end the film would be a combination of Deadly Weapon with Brothers of Arms in Sci-Fi finishing with both being recognized as Lanterns of the sector space 2418

-With one pretty actress playing Katma Tui

Man what could have been if GL didnt bomb. Could have had SCW by now

Again, your first since it seems that you love

I do not waste my time reading desperate suicides, you're not worth it

We would have had Hal Jordan Green Lanterns movies, movies of the Corps, after the third Green Lantern movie that ends in Sinestro Wars we would have a new trilogy focused on two factors: The others Lanterns and The Blackest Nigth, we would meet Atrocitus, Saint Walker , Star Saphires, Indigo Tribe and Larfrezze, alternating events between Green Lantern and the Corps culminating with the appearance of Necron and as all the Corps join forces to stop him, finally Hal Jordan makes contact with the Spirit of the White Light of Life but in Instead of making a group of superheroes save the day, Jordan makes all the beings of the Universe become White Lanterns, destroy the legions of the dead and expel Necron from the creation, Jordan arrives at a momentary truce with the other corps behind the guardians' backs as he tries to buy time to restore order in the universe and gather allies for a future war of light.

Meanwhile in the far universe an artifact that travels adrift is hit by the residual energy of white light and breaks, letting out a form dark energy that takes human form, it is Krona, the renegade guardian who in his search for answers the origin of the universe almost destroys it.

In the postcredit scenes we see how in Apokolis Dessad informs Darkseid that a signal has been found that is a potential whereabouts for the anti-life equation in an insignificant planet of an unexplored universe, to which the tyrant of Apokolips responds: 'Send an emissary to investigate'

Krona is a great GL villain. Loved the bit in Johns Gl where he goes "I am Krona and I am mad".

Just imagine: The new Trilogy begins with a view of the past, when Krona investigated the origin of the universe in Malthus, but his search becomes obsessed and by his negligence thousands die in a silent explosion, as punishment Krona is condemned to wander through all the universe in a probe that will contain its essence without form so that it sees everything that he had put in danger with the hope that in the future he can see the error of his behavior and find a way to remedy the evils that he caused, but in his place Krona only becomes more and more crazy he swears revenge of Ganthet and the other guardians for denying his destiny and that he found the way to make possible his experiment and discover the secret of the beginning of the universe.

In the film it is implied that Krona was the first to discover the 7 emotional specters and was the one who thought of using them as a weapon and a means to understand the mysteries of the universe, in other words in the film Krona was who created the rings of power.

Please ignore the appalling dress

Attached: main-qimg-af107f23de4b4fb0d9719f1abd3c8002.png (443x523, 530K)

Among more films from Green Lanterns, Corps and perhaps one from Sinestro and another from Red Lanterns we discover how Hal Jordan is moving away from the authority of the guardians and solving the problems on his own, unfortunately that ends up making him look like a renegade, then Krona arrives at the Earth attracted by the latent energy of the spirit of the White Light that inhabits the planet, Jordan and the other lanterns attack him but OH SURPRISE! the rings can not damage it because Krona was the one who created them and among their primary guidelines is printed that a ring of power -of any color- may NEVER hurt its creator, Krona kicks their asses and after doing some analysis discovers that the better way to have the power to restart your experiment is to control the emotional spectra, then decide to contain such powers in 7 living containers or avatars and with them in their control leaves to Oa to take revenge on the guardians

Attached: Krona-Green-Lantern-Corps-Vol.-2-55-e1544887824873.jpg (1036x1332, 294K)

The film ends with Jordan waking up in the JLA Watchtower infirmary receiving complaints from the other leaguers for the way he handles things and as Earth is always trapped in his problems, he does not flinch and says that the problems with the What he has to deal with makes it look like a league emergency like a field day, to which Superman asks him, 'Hal, when was the last time you took off the ring?', then other lanterns appear and warn him that Krona goes to Oa and they must stop it before it's too late and..

see the page

Attached: 62_17.jpg (1600x1230, 523K)

If they read this saga they will imagine the rest, Krona attacks Oa and imprisons the guardians, begins to repeat the experiment but also removes the restrictions on the rings by indiscriminately choosing carriers worth or not, in this way apart from fomenting chaos in the universe keeps the Corps occupied.

-Figth scene, much sci-fi and yadda yadda, in the end Krona manages to open a gap between space and time which begins to endanger reality itself, at the last moment Jordan still without power in the ring tries to stop it but it is vain and Krona begins to torture him for simple sadistic pleasure, at that moment Sinestro who also lost his ring attacks Krona to save Hal and a Green Lantern ring gets on his finger and becomes Green Lantern again.

Attached: 67_10.jpg (1000x1537, 344K)

Even So Krona laughs, laughs because he knows that the rings can not hurt him, because he will soon know the final answer and does not mind dying and taking the universe with him in the process, because his revenge is complete and nobody can stop him

Scene Deux is Machina, Jordan surpasses the primary protocols of his ring and using a force of voluntd never before seen - and a little help from the 7 emotional specters - manages to kill Krona

Attached: 67_13.jpg (1600x1230, 443K)

pretty sure your ring has been out of juice before and it has worked fine again once recharged, Hal

The universe is saved but the guardians to see Jordan next to the others Corps, acting on their own and without their authority and more importantly: that has been able to kill one of the guardians they decide to take his ring and expel him from the Green Lanterns Corps - Send far away from the other color lanterns except Sinestro who still keeps his ring-

End

Attached: 67_18.jpg (1000x1537, 331K)

I still hate what Johns did with Sinestro by turning him into an Anti-Hero who sucks Hals dick any opportunity he can. The guy genocided the Bolovaxians and was executed for that. You can't just handwave that under the rug.

>I don't get why you have to pretend it was bad.
I own his Omnibus' and even I think his run sucks. Cherrypicking continuity and turning the comic into a low-grade, B-movie action script is lazy. The only reason sales were even up for the series from the usual 35k was because Halfags who were sending DC death threats for a decade finally started buying comics again, and most of the time the run had events going on left and right, having people who read other titles spill over into buying GL.

I just can't buy a word of your horseshit.

Grant Morrison has only read eight silver age Green Lantern comics. He doesn't give a fuck if his stories make sense.

Why is it so hard to believe someone doesn't like something for a legitimate reason?

>You can't just handwave that under the rug.
You can though.

I can believe he didn't like it, but getting stupid hyperbolic like calling it a b-movie makes that screed hard to take seriously.

And blaming events for good sales when we know that doesn't really work. Nor did GL have more than two line wide events for its whole run. The first of which didn't even intrude on any other ongoings.

His entire post is nothing more than your normal Yea Forums invents stupid lies and calls them facts to prove a point nobody honestly believes horseshit.

Ha shit I forgot all about that. To be fair Johns run never acted like Sinestro wasn't a monstrous asshole. Johns just made him a complex and interesting one. One who could never admit he was wrong, even though the stupid fascist fuck nearly always was.

Yeah but... you really shouldn't.

Grant gonna go Frank Miller Hal all up in that construct chick?

>ywn fuck the sentient AI within your power ring

>aw, shit. Here we go again.mov

>if it's popular it must be good
"Bazinga."

>Not shitting on Johns in Yea Forums.
What heresy is this?!

DID YOU MEAN: Aya

>Carol and Hal was never the end game
>It was Hal and his power ring

that was before he knew his ring AI was its own sapient being

it was always meant to be episodic

>Morrison cant write for shit unless he hacks someone else's work
Color me surprised...

Attached: twist.gif (300x219, 290K)

I liked this issue. I like how Gl ends up in trippy dreamworlds a lot. That's an underrated part of the character.

>this bait
user pls

>makes his own ring
>creates a waifu inside it
why is Hal the most based lantern ever?

man, I love when comics are written like poems/pros

I highly disagree

Indeed

How about this idea, in the movie the death of Abin Sur was not an accident, he worked in secret for Ganthet who is gathering information about a prophecy that spoke of the end of the universe and The Blackest Nigth but could not say anything else for the the fact that the guards had forbidden the lanterns from leaving their sector without their permission as well as fraternizing among themselves to prevent the ringbearers from coming to rebel against their authority, but upon discovering that Abin South was making trips outside their sector (specifically the sector 666) they sabotaged his ring and let him die, that's when Abin fell on Earth and gave his ring to Jordan and they passed the same ones from the series of The First Fligth.

Now, in the "second" film the lanterns would face the Manhunters, which had been hidden in the Antimatter Universe of Qward, eventually Sinestro finds 3 truths: that the manhunters were created by the guardians, they provoked the massacre of the sector 666 and that the guardians are responsible for the death of Abin Sur, realizing that the guardians were no more than emotionless tyrants who would sacrifice all the lanterns in their vision of peace decides to rebel against them, first offered to Jordan the opportunity to ally himself but he rejects it

good eye

Attached: Nemesis.jpg (1016x1348, 847K)

Exactly

Damn that's fuckin sick, this is the sort of shit that I love about comics

thanks user, I really liked this issue. Loved how each page was designed and how it was written as prose to let the art breathe

Faggot

In essence Sinestro seeks justice for the death of his best friend, but on the way ends up becoming more and more authoritarian, when he discovers Parallax and creates the Yellow Lanterns he is convinced that the guardians are evil for the Universe and that only he has the power to change things, the film would focus on two friends and brothers in arms who fight for different causes, and how their decisions determine the future of the corps

Attached: -049.jpg (1000x1537, 543K)

Agreed 100%

>lol we're totes best friends
Always and forever the worst page of the entire run.

Attached: 2377933-hal_kill_sinestro.jpg (420x589, 75K)

The artist colored it also? No wonder it looks so good

Fuck that's rough

spoopy

And Aya and Gideon.

Oh shit, thanks user, gonna pick that up

Sharp, you glorious son of a bitch

Attached: 1556697324984-Nipple Twist.jpg (892x866, 295K)

That's what they get for casting Ryan "box office poison" Reynolds, only comic book movie that fag didn't fuck up with was Deadpool and that's in large part because his face was obscured scars

Holy shit!

Attached: 5CD09469-07A0-4BC8-A89C-9DDC02989311.jpg (2969x2648, 965K)

I have no idea what Morrison is doing with Green Lantern but holy fuck am I along for the ride.

Is Hal gonna fuck his ring

But 90s Vertigo bullshit IS solid capeshit.

I wonder if these pages line up somehow or if it's just clever paneling.

Attached: RCO006_1469653984.jpg (1032x1600, 639K)

I was thinking that but I don't see any that look like they match up.

Hal's power ring has always been #1 in his heart.

Gonna convert it to a cockring

trippy

he's going to bang his ring

Fuck off faggot

Pretty sure it was all around well received and liked but whatever, can't convince someone to like something they obviously don't.

>Denying the ultimate form of love.

well he needs to please his waifu somehow

Yeah I wouldn't put it past Hal to put the ring on his cock somehow.

>She and Hal have a strictly platonic relationship

Yeah, kissing is purely platonic. It's like blowing someone, don't count.

>Pretty sure it was popular
Good (shit)post.

Are you saying it wasn't?

Replying to that post with "but I'm pretty sure it was popular" is retarded, and the fact that I have to explain this to you confirms that you are an actual single digit iq retard.

Okay, cranky-user.

Good (shit)post

I hope Morrison and Sharpe go the distance on this run.

Morrison sure loves to crank up the acid tripping.

Bad (shit)post

As long as it delivers good content I'm fine with it

24 issues at least is their goal. We’ll see if they make it.

I thought it was just twelve?

I think Morrison has talked about getting ideas for after 12. Didn't know Sharp was on board