Magic or science? Which is the better element or power system?. What would you choose?

Magic or science? Which is the better element or power system?. What would you choose?

Attached: 34656827475313.56365b335c08b.jpg (600x782, 467K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zWwJCPOsfr4
youtu.be/KdFwQkOC7a0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Magic allows you to do whatever you want and literally handwave your way through any explanation of how exactly it works.
That's part of the appeal of it.

I am talking in terms of comics or cartoons not trpgs.

Science is a broad term referring to the study of extant phenomena, and the potential applications thereof.

Technology is the application of physics within the established laws of reality.

Magic is the application of physics through subversion of the established laws of reality.

Magic and technology are functionally the same thing, the major difference being aesthetics. Sometimes not even that.

This. Magic is great, allows the craziest situations without the technobabble surrounding it. At this point I pretty much check out of stuff unless there’s magic involved somehow

Attached: SCIENCE.jpg (326x540, 41K)

Redpill me on how Ghost Rider is the same as Iron Man.

Both can shoot fire

Magitech.

the worst answer

Magic has rules, and no good writer would ever allow for characters to just do whatever because "LOLMAGIC".

They are nothing alike whatsoever. However, their respective abilities still exits within the confines of their reality, and thus must rely on its inherent physical properties. Hellfire is still fire after all.

neither it seems. When science fiction is a thing you can do what ever you want.

Speculative engineering > it's magic I don't have to explain shit >>> shit > fake science

Science is not a power system, element, or force, nor is it mutually exclusive to magic
Trying to pit them against each other is fucking retardation

Magic is just any observation that cant be explained or understood yet, or is beyond our current comprehension. Science is when we make repeat observations and can reproduce the effects of said observation and then apply it for it's desired effect.

Treating magic as something that doesn't have rules is the sign of a really fucking terrible writer.

Magic with its foundation being hyper advanced Technology.
Best of both worlds.

Attached: Magic From Tech. Iron dude.jpg (800x1422, 356K)

you are all so stupid:

science : measurable forces, mathematics, rationality, realm of the conscious mind, order
magic: abstract concepts, metaphysical, irrational, realm of the unconscious, chaos

Tabletop addled simpleton.
Abstract, metaphysics, irrationality, the unconscious and chaos are all elements of scientific studies.

Magic sounds so much more appealing when you put it like that

you can't quantify things that only exist on mind/soul realm, science has no equation for love, freedom, war, evil.
ideas can affect the physical universe and yet they exist on a different level that cannot be bottled or contained by science

Actually, philosophy, social sciences, psychiatry, political science, and ethics are all capable of being studied scientifically

Science is just a method of examining the universe, it neither contains nor bottles anything

Based pseudo.

Attached: ----.png (350x302, 18K)

The fact those concepts has words to denote them proves that you're full of shit, hippie.

>love
Various manifestations of strong emotional attachment to persons, places, objects, or concepts.

>freedom
Romantic description of personal autonomy.

>war
Severe conflict between two or more parties. (you are especially full of shit on this one.)

>evil
Actions or or attitudes considered harmful within the context of a societal structure.

Anything that exists, has a definition and can be studied. In a universe where magic exists, it can be studied and understood.

unable to express any universally endorsed truth, theories upon theories, in a world where magic exist they may be as well considered shared field of studies

it's like you are totally dumb, describing something by the use of semantics does not make it a scientific concept

science does not care for morality, sin, justice

Both are good.

youtube.com/watch?v=zWwJCPOsfr4

Neither does magic. Especially theurgical systems. Magic is a force that can subvert other physical forces. It has fuck all to do with abstract concepts that sapient beings made up.

>philosophy isn't a science

Your unsubstantiated denial of the studies of the abstract as "not science because reasons" doesn't make it so.
Those fields exist as fact, long and well in comparison to your noncontributory existence in fact, while your opinion thus far only exists in whatever cheetos stained paper and pencil rulebook you've been raised on as holy writ.

Magic treated as a science.

you lack basic understanding of the scientific method, humanistic studies are not science, please go back to whatever butthole you crawled your way out from

Dunno. You tell me

Attached: 1456952188_Gate - Jieitai Kanochi nite Kaku Tatakaeri - Episode 06 - Ride of the Valkyries 04.gif (500x281, 1.9M)

Sup

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f[1].jpg (400x550, 75K)

But they have shitty magic in Gate, the Japaneses army wouldn't have such an easy time if the portal send them to the realm of Overlord. And now i want to see that crossover.

Attached: 13b47a498b853a45da645c041a25442d799ac390r1-1366-768v2_hq[1].jpg (1024x575, 59K)

I like worlds where they are combined, like MotU, Thundercats, classic She-Ra. Also post-apocalyptic worlds where technology used to be a thing but then magic appeared, like Adventure Time and Thundarr.

Foolish human. Magic can never defeat science!

Attached: hhhh.jpg (482x353, 52K)

What would the Geneva conventions said about using heavy assault fire on hostiles attacking with spears and arrows?

Somebody tell me. Is this science or magic?
youtu.be/KdFwQkOC7a0

Magic is always better but harder to use, prone to fucking you over and can be unreliable.
Tec can be used by anyone, is easier to master, overall safer and is a lot more consistent.

Anything that doesn't do the above is shit

Gate is literally the worst written military wank I've ever read.
So it's not surprising that retards love it

Nothing.

>not combining magic with science

That crossover would be dope

Rent free

Yeah if the magical realm can have ainz, technology-side should've been a tier-3 civilization that can zap not only earth, but an entire solar system

I need to write a short story where a combat ai bot meets a stone golem.

But its true

>Ainz fights essentially the Sith Empire
would watch