I'm not even sure if I like Infinity War anymore. Endgame just destroys it in every regard

I'm not even sure if I like Infinity War anymore. Endgame just destroys it in every regard.

IW is just Thanos beating the crap out of everyone while all the charcters throw quips at each other and are like "we'll get him next time! we'll get him next time!" The only characters who get to experience anything other than stoic heroism for more than 15 seconds is Peter and Thor.

Meanwhile Endgame has the characters experience every possible range of emotion while interacting with each other in meaningful ways including characters from previous movies long dead. The best example I can think of is Strange and Iron man measuring dicks throughout IW while in Endgame Strange is like look, the only reason I'm being mysterious is becaue I know the only way for everyone to have a happy ending is if you don't and I can't trust you to make that sacrifice

Attached: 20-avengers-lede.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 310K)

infinity war is better because it has high stakes that actually end up being real, whereas endgame has a few character deaths, but you already know the good guys win.

Strange is tip-top tier in Infinity War.
Gamora and Peter actually get real relationship and pathos screen-time.
Thor and Rabbit are a great team-up.
The fights with Thanos' elites are fun and diverse, as is the battle with Thanos on Titan.

IW had no stakes because people assumed no death would be final and no catastrophic event would stick. It wasn't until EG established a timeskip, several rules that prevent people from coming back and time from being fixed that any of this was given weight.

This. Spider-Man particularly was well known to have an upcoming movie, and no one was dumb enough to believe that Sony was willing to let Feige kill their golden goose.

please dont prove me wrong on the internet. i do have to agree with you, i was just being a contrarian fag.

Infinity War is a tighter, more cohesive, and more focused narrative than Endgame. That being said, the hype/fanservice moments in Endgame outshine those in Infinity War. Ultimately, Infinity War is a better standalone movie but Endgame is a fantastic conclusion to the first 11 years of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

>tfw gamora was actually kidnapped and then brutally murdered by her father while in tears, begging to be let go, confirming her deepest fears throughout every gotg movie

Well shit, now that we know it can't be undone with space magic that's actually extremely depressing.

It was. There are few if any comic book events that satisfying, let alone franchise endings.

Star Wars will have 3 different saga conclusions after this year, and I'd be willing to that Ep. IX doesn't even touch this.

I can't believe people are still sticking with star wars. I know a guy who actually saw TLJ in theatres and he was so fucking sad afterwards. In 50 years people are going to talk about the avengers the way we talked about star wars, uh, 18 years ago.

Not everybody's an incel snowflake, user.

eh, the sequels are good. My dad cried in the theater whne loke dies because he grew up with that character and loved the conclusion

This guy gets it.

>loke dies
Thor you need to let it go.

In my honest opinion Endgame sucked. I still can't get over the fact they pulled a time travel gimmick. There's so many fucking plot holes i don't even know where to begin. Like, why bother putting the stones back when the other timeline is already doomed to diverge from missing a Thanos? Gamorrah? and all the other Thanos sidekicks? The only scene i honestly liked was the soul stone scene.

>why bother putting the stones back
Because the Ancient One said THERE WOULD BE CONSEQUENCES if they didn't.

correct

>Infinity War is a tighter, more cohesive, and more focused narrative than Endgame

Yeah. Because nothing much happens. That's like saying the alphabet is superior to a literary work.

Then again Thanos traveled to the future not giving a fuck and was never returned to his own timeline. If you can bring Gamorah back to life this way, why not bring back Tony,Widow, etc the same way? Didn't Wong explained in Doctor Strange that even some of the most bullshit change to a timeline can create grave consequences? What counts as a change then?

This.

What the writers say.
Hence why it is an awful thing to use as a plot device because it breaks the entire continuity and any stakes for the future.

If there is a way to fuck with the ancient ones they're better off not doing it.

Attached: dormammmu.png (1600x900, 2.21M)

But you already fucked with them by removing Thanos from 2 timelines and effectively undoing what he did in one. Also Where's Lady Death for fucks sake