Endgame

I just had a thought...

why didnt they travel back in time to just a few minutes after the snap to fuck thanos up? They knew where he went and he was weakened. Plus i doubt they would cause another timeline.

Attached: 1549334435184.jpg (663x579, 38K)

The moment a characters travel back into the past it will create another timeline.

Why didn’t they go in between the snap and the stones’ destruction and just swipe the gauntlet Thanos had. Who knows?

because if they did that it'd erase anything that happened after the snap, ie tony's daughter

True, but why not restore th people there and then the people in their timeline? I guess if its too much trouble, then they can return the stones.

Why don't you watch the movie again?

He had all the stones at once bro, think about it, the moment he sees one fucker he will snap like the 2014 Thanos would

Thor could just aim for the head again

Didnt really have time to react before he got his hand lopped off

Nah mate, you're just weak bating here, we're talking about a snap movement, with all the stones no character in the Marvel Univel can stop Thanos

By that logic, wouldnt have thanos won the moment he put the gauntlet on near the end?

Because they'd rather not have to deal with Thanos than have to deal with him.

they literally explain you how time travel works in their universe like a dozen times.

Attached: 1554870675907.png (814x938, 722K)

It's getting exhausting at this point. The movie explained its time travel rules pretty clearly. Why are people still retarding about it.

physicists are fake nerds
you know who the real nerds are?
me.
i am a marvel reader
i am a fan.
i am a fucking genius

fuck your time travel THEORIES

my movies were RIGHT

yyeah and i sunk my ocock

Oh no no no...
Autismos have been arguing how the avengers didn't create alternate timelines when they traveled to the alternate dimensions pasts because Cap brought the stones back to their respective universes. So which is it?

Does time traveling create an split in the alternate time line by virtue of simply traveling back? Or does the time line stay Unsplit so long as you make sure that the specific actions you take while in the past are overwritten?

Either way what about the fact that Loki fucked off with the tesserect? what about the universe that no longer has a thanos, gamora, and by extension a guardians of the Galaxy? Seems like the avengers have fucked up a ton of different timelines or have created another dozen but then some autismo has to back peddle and say that no everything is fine because Cap returned the stones to the alternate dimensions.

I am so sick of all these rabid fanboys switchin their theories around everytime a flaw is thrown at them or claiming people are just too stupid to comprehend the plot despite every scenario having serious plot holes. At this point I'm certain Marvel fans have the same scientific understanding that those flat earth theorists do, that is to say they don't so when pressed with an answer they just deflect with another bullshit excuse.

Endgame has serious plot holes no matter what scientific plot point you use, get the fuck over it,

Even a weakened Thanos would be tough to take down, and Tony was really really adamant about not taking any risks for this.

there is no switch of theories, the russo's word is final. there are no timeloops and the avengers created alternate universes every time they went to the past

Because Tony wanted to keep his daughter.

Agreed. They only had one chance. If they fucked it up they'd be in huge trouble.

Then it didn't matter if Cap went back to the alternate timelines to replace the stones because there would always be a split in the timeline where they were first stolen. Cap just went back to have sex with Peggy and live his perfect life at the expense of another universe.

No argument there.
From what I understand there's nothing stopping you from entering other timelines, you just can't go to the past in any timeline without making more

To be fair he needed a sec to catch his breath

It goes back to Tony not wanting to change the past because it would risk causing his daughter to not exist. Not JUST because of his kid, or putting the hundreds of millions of lives created in those five years above the trillions upon trillions who died, but fucking up the timeline deliberately like that could have worse consequences AND no Iron-Daughter on top of it.

Because Avengers time travel works like Dragonball Z's time travel where there are different reality's. Killing Thanos in another reality won't do your reality jack shit.

Attached: 4e80cab23428228266e9e6a7effb008f.jpg (671x655, 278K)

They could have gone to the exact point where Thanos had an axe on his chest and gut his arm before he could snap.
That way they only had to do one trip.

Thanks for sharing your thought. Your thoughts are important as you're mommy's special boy and even if these meanies tell you you're wrong, how *can* you be- it's *your* thought!

And that's okay

Is this the new "why didn't he create more resources?"

Because that's what people did with the whole "We only have one chance to win out of a billion" and everyone's attempt to smear the entire movie with just that because Infinity Wars and Endgame were big time movies and it's popular to hate marvel movies ya know

Except when Steve does it. Then he just ends up in the main one somehow.

Because the movie breaks its own rules with Old Man Rogers appearing in the main timeline.

Stop posting this unless you want to prove Avengers time travel doesn't make logical sense. Toriyama had no idea what he was writing and that is no more clear than how Future Trunks shenanigans don't work with the context of DB supers black Goku and tournament of power arc.

No, questions about Cap's time-travel seem to have become the most contested issue.

time travel rules allows them to come back and kill Thanos right after the snap

Time travel always leads to infinite plot holes, so I tend to not worry about it

Or you know, he warned people of Thanos in that timeline and the snap was prevented before it happened

Would I be correct in assuming that the current timeline with old man rogers also has reed richards?

No it wouldnt

Well let's run that theory:

>They go back to the snap.
>They're waiting on Thanos,
>Thanos shows up after the portal
>In the Infintiy War Ranch scene thanos' gauntlet doesn't have the stones.
What does this mean?
>Thanos Destroys the stones before he gets on the Ranch.

Sorry thought you meant after.

That sounds risky. What if something goes wrong and the snap happens again? Would they be safe from it since they survived in the original timeline, or would there be a random lottery again and some of them would get dusted?

"Why don't we just kill Baby Thanos?"
"We can't because changing the past doesn't change the future."
Then some retard on Yea Forums goes why don't they just stop the snap herpaderp.

>Can't change their own past
>Can change the past of other universes
Why not ask someone from an alternate time line to kill their baby thanos and the return the favor?

then it'd be an alternate timeline you stupid fuck

>Why not ask someone from an alternate time line to kill their baby thanos and the return the favor?

Great another scenario to add to the list of ideas that need to be refuted.

Attached: 1539553372005.png (372x334, 134K)

The movie makes it pretty clear that the universe of avengers follows a “split timeline” system of time travel, which is why, as they point out, you can’t resolve the issue by strangling Baby Thanos in his bed.

The only thing that seems suspect regarding the cross-timeline Stone heist was why they didn’t just go back to a moment where the stones were all reliably in one place (eg., during the Battle for Wakanda), kill Thanos during the “go for the head” scene, take the completed gauntlet to their timeline, undo the snap, and then return all the stones to that one moment they took them all from.

I mean.... Why can't they?
They seemed fine completely changing that timeline they stole Gamora from.

>itt: faggots dont understand how rubber bands work

I honestly can't imagine you're this stupid. Please just think about it for five seconds. I have faith in the human race

You fucking retards opened yourself up to this when you started going against what the movie literally told you was happening to insert your fucking headcanon, now you have to answer all these questions that come along with that.

No its perfectly valid retard. If you can fuck around in another timelines past without creating a branch, why cant someone else fuck around in yours?

So.
>Go back in time right after post snap.
>Ambush Thanos in his farm.
>Aim for the head.
>Then take the gauntlet and go to current time
>Unsnap.
>Go back right after axe and taking the gauntlet.
>put the gauntlet next to his body or even just throw them out to universe.
>come back to current time

>If you can fuck around in another timeline's past
You can't. The fucking around is what makes it another timeline. How are you this goddamn dense?

Then by doing that you create another splinter timeline when you go back in time and that original splinter is doomed (dormammu, ego, etc.).

None of this happens if you just accept what the Ancient One and Hulk agreed on.

Attached: TT.png (830x707, 35K)

No it doesn't, Hulk even says that he comes back at the end of the movie, he just missed his "time mark"

The movie shows you can teleport anywhere through time and space, like when they teleport a few blocks down the street during the First Avengers

No, because he went to the relative future, meaning no split.

>You can't. The fucking around is what makes it another timeline
So only fucking around makes another timeline? You mean like stealing an infinity stone? Or killing another time lines Thanos? Or stealing another Dimensions Gamora? Or living in another timelines past?

YES

WHEN YOU TRAVEL INTO THE PAST YOU SPLIT THE TIMELINE

YOU PREVENT A TIMELINE FROM SPLITTING AGAIN BY RETURNING TO THE “EXACT MOMENT” YOU TAKE AN INFINITY STONE AND PUTTING IT BACK WHERE IT WAS

THE MOVIE FUCKING SPELLED THIS OUT

THIS IS A MOVIE FOR CHILDREN

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. Returning the stones was an attempt to minimize their impact and keep things from splintering too far from what was expected, but as seen with Loki and Thanos that was a complete failure.

>>
>YOU PREVENT A TIMELINE FROM SPLITTING AGAIN BY RETURNING TO THE “EXACT MOMENT” YOU TAKE AN INFINITY STONE AND PUTTING IT BACK WHERE IT WAS
That doesnt work, sorry bud.

Their actions in the past can't affect him having had a daughter. Unless you mean the risk of Thanos chasing them home and killing her there, which almost happened anyway

>YOU PREVENT A TIMELINE FROM SPLITTING AGAIN BY RETURNING TO THE “EXACT MOMENT” YOU TAKE AN INFINITY STONE AND PUTTING IT BACK WHERE IT WAS
If they were replaced the exact moment they were taken why didn't any of the characters see Captain America returning them? Why did Cap bother returning the stones to the universe where Thanos was from? The movies plot devices don't account for all the logistics.

Time travel is fake so yes if the movie says that's how it works that is exactly how it works, sorry pal.

Attached: 1433705629271.gif (446x469, 1.46M)

Pretty sure returning the stone just erases the changes to future events that would have occurred if the stone was gone.

That isnt how it says it works.

Its one timeline that splits if you take a stone out, corrects into one if you put it back.

The only changes that are dire enough to matter are not having the infinity stones.

So the movie had 4 separate timelines that all splintered off their own timeline.

Why? The avengers OG universe has to exist without their Infinity stones now so why can't the others?

No, it had one timeline with a rubber banding effect.

You people are fucking stupid. Lets wait until he has all 5 stones and jump him? How did that work out last time?

Attached: 1555486614052.jpg (240x200, 18K)

Why not travel to another universes birth, take all the stones immediately from a single universe and then when your done return them? At most you only fuck up one universe, all the stones are consolidated in one place, and it makes as much sense as anything fucking else.

Because they already knew they didn't, or they would remember seeing their future selves in Wakanda. Something to keep in mind with time travel, the past you know IS the past that is the result of any time travel that might be invented in the future. We are already living in the best timeline future humanity could create, assuming time travel ever becomes possible.

But it's not time travel, it's alternate universe hopping

It was time travel up until Steve stayed in the past. The problem is you can't prevent Thanos from snapping, because then how would you ever be in a position to go back and stop him? In your timeline, the snap never happened, so you have nothing to go back and stop. You can't go back and kill Hitler as a baby, because then the world would never know who Hitler was and you'd have no reason to go back and kill anyone in the first place.

>Their actions in the past can't affect him having had a daughter.
Are you legitimately retarded?

But he didn't destroy the stones before going to the ranch. In IW at the end, he was staring at the sunset in his ranch, but he had no burn injuries on his face until endgame when they went to kill him.
Also when thanos snapped everyone the gauntlet let of residual energy, and again a few days later when he decided to destroy the stones. So its safe to say that he didnt destroy the stones as soon as he got to the garden.

Too risky, interacting with their past selves all being there

Time heist is about finessing it