Toonami Ratings for 4/27/19

Attack on Titan S3 part 2 will begin airing on Toonami starting May 25th. Timeslot yet to be decided. This means there is NO Memorial Day marathon this year. Because it releases here before the Funi stream, we might miss a 4th marathon too.

Lupin the Third part 5 will replace Jojo DiU on June 15th. Timeslot yet to be decided.

Last week was down overall, though most agreed that Easter Sunday was likely the cause. This week, total fucking disaster. Super held about the same as it did last week, but then MHA nosedived and took everything after it with it. As if that’s not enough, TPN contributed to the problem with a sharp decline off an already low MHA. Not a good look for the new schedule at all, and I fear another major shakeup on the 25th if things don’t turn around.

Though, in good news, our boy Asta is back in form, absolutely obliterating Jojo, as well as slapping the shit out of the demo for SAO. The choice for the 11:30 shonen is clear, but Demarco is a moron.

11:00 Dragon Ball Super 767 0.34 435

11:30 My Zero Lackademia(r) 457 0.18 231

12:00a The Promised No Ratings370 0.15 193

12:30a Sword Art Online: Alicization 327 0.14 181

1:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 298 0.13 172

1:30a Chad Clover (r) 318 0.15 195

2:00a Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 286 0.13 169

2:30a Naruto: Shippuden (r) 283 0.13 167

3:00a Hunter X Hunter (r) 286 0.13 173

3:30a Attack on Titan (r) 242 0.10 132

Attached: 2611A333-3493-4034-A11C-CA286C35A5EF.jpg (1334x750, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

r*ddit.com/r/Toonami/comments/bjb8kx/adultswimcom_adds_every_episode_so_far_of_black/
twitter.com/ChannelAwesome/status/1123388929816842241
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-12-08/one-piece-voted-most-representative-manga-of-heisei-era/.140407
animeranking.net/stat.php?id=34
youtube.com/watch?v=dLuFS4XRRQU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3axfaS5ehoc
funimation.com/blog/2019/04/02/spring-2019-will-warm-you-up/
youtube.com/watch?v=TR8eAfJjNEw
youtube.com/watch?v=6QZDHVwpHZo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

reminder that Vic did nothing wrong

Oh hi mark

Wowee that's horrendous. Also what makes the ratings arrival time fluctuate so much? I know it's on Neilson or whatever but damn this inconsistency is bad.

Honestly it all hinges on what SotB is doing, because he is the only one who takes the times to gather up all the Toonami numbers, instead of just the ones considered premieres. I wish it was more consistent, and I hate when they go up late at night, but what can you do? It’s surprisingly he even bothers doing it anymore

>people leave for Jojo and come back for clover to leave again for Boruto
Fucking based

Attached: 1537412984636.jpg (481x728, 121K)

Is there some kinda online way to watch Toonami on their official site? I probably love Toonami more than anyone here but damn the numbers keep dropping

Here's last week:

11:00 Dragon Ball Super 787 0.36 470

11:30 My Hero Academia (r) 512 0.24 304

12:00a The Promised Neverland 424 0.19 239

12:30a Sword Art Online: Alicization 418 0.19 250

1:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 393 0.19 250

1:30a Black Clover (r) 377 0.19 248

2:00a Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 332 0.16 212

2:30a Naruto: Shippuden (r) 300 0.14 180

3:00a Hunter X Hunter (r) 297 0.15 195

3:30a Attack on Titan (r) 253 0.13 166

Good Lord. Weirdly enough, it looks like people are tuning in for HxH given the boost on the 18-49. In hindsight, had he kept HxH pre-3am, it would've been perfect. Looks like dialogue heavy shows aren't a good take for the block, so let's pray that Lupin pulls something out of its ass.

HOW DOES HE SO IT?

Attached: 1547873755968.jpg (1280x719, 170K)

Current Series End Dates (accounting for marathons):
Dragon Ball Super - October 19, 2019
My Hero Academia - August 24, 2019
The Promised Neverland - June 29, 2019
Sword Art Online: Alicization - July 20, 2019
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - June 8, 2019
Black Clover - TBD
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - TBD
Naruto: Shippuden - November 16, 2024
Hunter X Hunter - June 22, 2019
Attack on Titan (Season 1) - May 18, 2019

According to r*ddit, apparently, you can watch ALL previously aired episodes of Jojo, BC, and Kai.

I wonder if this is a pilot to shift to online?

r*ddit.com/r/Toonami/comments/bjb8kx/adultswimcom_adds_every_episode_so_far_of_black/

Reminder that One Piece is the greatest selling comic book of all time, WORLDWIDE!

Attached: WorldRecord.jpg (655x814, 129K)

What the fuck is causing the drop in viewers?

Also Super

There’s a live stream, but you need a cable subscription to access it which I assume you don’t have since you are asking

Unironically lineup fatigue. It’s been the same shit on repeat since 2016. The one new thing we have gotten this year is 100% talking children. And what’s on deck for summer? AoT and Lupin. More sequel shit

I REMEMBER IT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO

twitter.com/ChannelAwesome/status/1123388929816842241

Attached: D5cT79JWAAAwsRr[1].jpg (1200x675, 82K)

its just with the cable exodus within the past year or so im wondering if there are other unseen ways to measure how well Toonami is doing. [as] always feels like it cuts corners with everything they do from ATHF to Mr Pickles and anime licensing is not cheap and it does not last very long.

Toonami has to be doing something right

Considering they were doing all kinds of cuts and shifts just a few months ago, plus that huge shakeup we were gonna get for April, I’d say someone at the office is worried about how it’s performing. And numbers like this don’t instill much faith either

Reminder that One Piece was voted the most influential manga of the Heisei era. Sorry, haters.
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-12-08/one-piece-voted-most-representative-manga-of-heisei-era/.140407

Attached: 1556673137208.gif (600x600, 3.29M)

I can agree with this somewhat, all my hype for the block was sucked clean out last week when they announced Lupin. Where is that fucking diversity we were supposed to get?

It won’t. The AS crowd hates Lupin, it’s going to be another abyss

Fukkin BASED

Attached: 1547341504127.png (847x475, 560K)

>DC came in second in front of DB
based nips

>Naruto: Shippuden ... 283 ...
>Hunter X Hunter ... 286 ...

wat 'n tarnation

It'll probably be voted most influential f the Reiwa era too.

And probably the one after that, because it still won't have fucking finished.

It's a double whammy of the same old shows over and over and most of the block are really similar shows. If you want a battle shounen any one of them will work just as well as the others, so why not just tune in to watch the first one in the lineup then skip out?

At the rate Oda works himself into the hospital I don't think he'll be outliving Naruhito even if he is a good deal younger than him.

It's not about the destination. Luffy literally said he doesn't care what the One Piece is, he just wants to have fun getting there.

Attached: 1474775421616.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

>11:00 Dragon Ball Super 767 0.34 435
>11:30 My Zero Lackademia(r) 457 0.18 231
>12:00a The Promised No Ratings370 0.15 193
>12:30a Sword Art Online: Alicization 327 0.14 181

Got DAMN. I know those episodes were mostly exposition, but holy FUCK that decline is steeper than Nico Robin's nose.

>Hunter x Hunter didn't even make the list

Attached: 12702647637.jpg (397x355, 33K)

What the fuck is going on with his foot

You have to have releases to make the list

>9) Gintama
Nice

Everybody loves One Piece

Attached: D3-yGnWUUAAOPw9.jpg (900x1200, 219K)

Luffy doesn't care but the actual plot of the series is definitely about the destination

The true greatest anime of all time is about to come on [as] right now this second just to let you all know.

Yea, I remember people joking that Demarco would go for damn near every battle Jump shonen, and then here we are with almost all of them. The only one we avoided was Fairy Tail because Demarco hates fanservice. Ironically it probably would have done fairly well for itself had it started back in 2012 over UNCUT Naruto that no one asked for

One Piece?

>The only one we avoided was Fairy Tail

But my fetish

Attached: 1556434546421.jpg (1282x1404, 277K)

Prince of Tennis Kami Kai.

Boogiepop and Others on Toonami eventually

Attached: 1556465640291.jpg (1020x892, 81K)

This week on Saturday Night’s Toonami
>Goku is gonna nuke the Zeroes with 10 Episode Spirit Bomb
>Peace must help Bakugo
>MASON, TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE NUMBERS ARE!!!!!!
>Blaze appears in Sword Art Online (no new Power Rangers Beast Morphers for the Summer by the way)
>July 15th is still going on
>Yami is going fuck Samurai Jack to the Death
>There’s a New Ninja In Boruto
>The Fourth Hokage is gonna fuck someone to death
>Leorio is gonna make the Zodiacs great again
>Also, New Episode of AoT

On adult swim note
>Robo Chicken and Family Guy’s Star Wars Episodes will air this Saturday since it will be May the 4th
>meaning no Rick and Morty for this Saturday

Attached: 12DCAAC6-7165-453E-96B3-90BB1D0343B9.jpg (210x240, 20K)

Is Lupin going to use shitty dub only music again?

I refuse to watch it on Toonami if that's the case

Attached: 1473096509999.jpg (2299x2048, 476K)

Can I opt out of those required weekly emergency broadcast tests?

Only in Japan. Naruto and Dragon Ball still beat it across the planet. Sorry, One Piece Pansies.

FANSERVICE BAD

Attached: 817BFBD5-03A6-4288-8D37-04AE96476FFF.jpg (708x708, 144K)

Imagine still parroting this narrative in 2019

It's a damn shame, but we got Mt. Lady for the giantess lads

Attached: giphy[1].gif (450x253, 1.75M)

Check the revenue generated by the Broly movie and come back.

I can't believe they got more of it despite it being a flop. I hate when their personal tastes dicate the pickups

I don't think this time there is an alternate version

Super Broly Movie
>30 million USD

One Piece Film Gold
>70 million USD

LOL cry harder Dragonball baby

Attached: ti1v42gndzhy.png (600x927, 508K)

Honestly they should swap Clover and MHA. Clover would provide a less steep drop and since it'll be around awhile it will keep the front end stable. Meanwhile Boruto and Nauto will keep the back stable. Then in the middle, you can have the rotating slots.

>WAN PISS
Reminder that DB is the biggest selling IP even in Japan. Beating out even Gundam

anyone have a webm of this weeks episode where mt lady slammed the building with a truck?

asking for a friend

Huh?

Attached: Screenshot (64).png (1014x102, 12K)

Man im so fucking glad you guys showneded up when you did because im still confused by last saturday
>block ends
>fap
>came quick but no feeling or satisfaction
>still hard, decide to go again
>finish
>catch breath
>turn on TV
>its that weird anthem [as] plays to let the viewer know its 6am
i fapped for two fucking hours.. i dont know what the fuck happened and im scared because of that lost time

Based Chadoreo punching deadbeats, stands, ninjas, and deadbeat ninjas in the face.

Attached: 1518852331868.png (704x502, 380K)

And it's not just Toonami that's suffering, Even Family Guy and the rest of the AS lineup are suffering greatly. Toonami just seems to have the worst of it. And once FG and Bob's Burgers are gone, the entire AS lineup is fucked, Toonami included.

Why did you only give three shows nicknames? Was Bore-u-to too easy?

That's a really naive thing to think user

>Dragon Ball Super - October 19, 2019

>Dragon Ball Super reportedly returning for season two in July

Attached: 8088A98D-A512-4438-BA11-8AD5EA6EFA30.jpg (443x610, 36K)

Dragon ball ultra
turns out we are living in one gigantic dragonball that can hold 12 universes and there are 7 other ultra dragon balls akk connambded nu zonos

It'll be the Japanese BGM this time.

>reportedly
>Toei already confirmed the rumors false
Anyway, even if it did, there’s no guarantee that Toei is cooperative with getting the dub out quickly. Not to mention all this drama causing uncertainty at Funimation surely has them taking alternatives and delays into consideration.

You think this Vic stuff will get to TOEI?

Toei doesn’t give a shit about stuff outside of Japan, but they also don’t want outside shit rocking their boat. If the conflict gets too noisy they may be forced to do something. All this Vic drama has DBZ right next to it at all times because of how close it happened after the release of Broly

That said, that wasn’t what I was talking about. If Vic wins his suit, and I mean wins it, not just quietly settles for a fat stack of money, there’s going to be a lot of pressure on Funi to make some changes. Schemmel and Rial are two of the big names listed in the case, and they also hold 2 prominent roles in DB. If it gets too out of control, Toei just may say fuck it and pull the license and have someone else do the dub.

>time and time again be shown that low action high dialog shows cause the audiences to flee instantly
>continue to pick them up
I wish literally anyone else was in charge of Toonami. Lazzo would probably just pull the plug but that’s honestly better than meandering around as a corpse like this

Since there are like 6 episodes of hxh left and it will never get picked up again... it is worth to care about this small arc?

Attached: __kurapika_hunter_x_hunter_drawn_by_chanta_ayatakaoisii__da174b69ba288fbc6535973470b40d9f.jpg (1191x1684, 158K)

When I see people complain that Toonami is shit now because of DeMarco and it would be better for the block to be tossed in the trash bin. I can’t help but think about the absolute low points of the brand’s existence. The Toonami brand was horrendously abused in the UK after they decided the action and anime network needed live action sitcoms. Back in the early 2000s in the US, Kids WB thought it was a great idea to put Scooby-Doo and some of their short-lived comedies in their version of Toonami. Even on CN the executives thought nothing of tossing Hamtaro on just because it was anime. The lack of effort put into the block’s scheduling in 2002, 2007 and 2008 makes even the mundane shounen heavy lineup of 2018 look inspired.

Toonami can definitely and should definitely strive for better but get out of here with that “just kill it already” attitude.

yeah everyone does some things wrong, what matters is how wrong the thing is

Lupin definitely qualifies as diversity in a sea of shounen.

I remember seeing plenty of requests back in 2012 for Toonami to air Naruto, though more for Shippuden of course.

When they lose Family Guy, AS is either totally fucked or they have to set their bar way lower. Comedy Central survives on way worse ratings than AS right now though so they’ll probably get by.

Reminder that Vic ruined his career for filing a lawsuit more than “allegations” biting his ass

He could’ve been like CK and wiggle his way into voice acting sporadically but this ensures no studio would want to work with him

>The Virgin My Hero Academia
>Loses nearly half the audience from DB Super
>The Chad Black Clover
>Saves the block from sub-200k numbers with decent gains

How DOES he do it?

Attached: Deku vs Asta Improved.jpg (1124x523, 95K)

Don't believe that screeching vanshee's defamation
#istamdwithvic

Even if he wins, studios may avoid him. He did not really have any other recourse to salvage his reputation if he’s innocent but it’s still probably going to cost him future work he may have gotten. Now other companies won’t want to deal with potentially getting sued if they terminate his contract early so it’s better not to contract him in the first place.

Setting aside Monica’s tweets. I believe a lot of the accounts in the i09 article, especially because Vic even said those encounters happened but he had the consent of the women involved. At the very least he cheated on his girlfriend and if he was willing to lie to his girlfriend for years, what reason is there to believe he’s not guilty of sexually harassing people as well? Unfortunately, there were some false claims on social media and that has only made the other claims harder to believe.

I hope you can form your own opinions based on the information out there instead of getting it from a loudmouth lawyer on YouTube is banking on outrage culture surrounding Vic to get people to watch his live streams.

Broly made 116.5 million and year by year makes more money than Gundam and One Piece by far

the fact that in all this time nobody ever reported him to the cops?

kind of a big one desu.

Comedy Central also packs in more commercials. A lot of times they'll even stretch shows to 35 minutes to get even more ads in.

>rather than getting it from a loudmouth lawer

i fail to see how black-face lawyer is inferior to an article that omitts pertinant information that ran counter to the narrative, or a mob who has the stated goal of completly destroying Vic's ability to work.

Either way, kick Vic will have to back up their claims to the court, so we'll get the truth soon enough.

Going from Super to MHA, the demo score nearly drops in half. Has there ever been such a steep drop in demos before?

Only if you're going to read the manga right after.

Nah, there are lots of reasons people don't go to the cops for assault/harassment. Sometimes it doesn't feel worth it, or they don't think it merits an actual police case, or the gravity doesn't sink in until they're much order, or they're afraid of challenging someone with a large amount of cultural power

You gotta keep in mind that no one's really saying he raped them or anything sever like that. Let's say I went around and ran my finger down the nape of people's neck all day. If I did it enough I could probably get fired for it, even though I'm not grabbing you by the tits or ass. I'm willfully making you uncomfortable. That's not really something worth calling the cops over but that is something I could get fired for if it can be proven that it's making my coworkers or customers uncomfortable.

Why would they have to worry so long as they aren't canceling his contracts over stupid bullshit allegations?

What?

Attached: 1556224365093.jpg (721x861, 182K)

Because even a successful suit doesn't necessarily mean that there weren't problems between him and his coworkers. From an employer perspective you'd rather not hire someone who could POTENTIALLY cause trouble. Because if you do start getting complaints now you're between a rock and a hard place. It's probably better to just not risk it. It's pretty easy to not hire someone, but firing someone is much more nuanced.

It also beat both Uzumakis and JoJo in the target demo. Seems like the 3am death slot is ironically helping HxH.

Attached: you_drank_the_kool-aid.jpg (400x361, 101K)

Innocent until proven guilty

That's the only thing you Vic shills know how to say.

Who was watching toonami when we had NBA and Avengers?

me

cancer

Prince of the One Piece?

Attached: onepiece2-2.jpg (637x367, 136K)

>same old shit ASA has aired in the past
>diversity

I lie to my girlfriend daily, I also dont go out and molest people. Those things have nothing to do with each other

Vic didn’t really do much voice work these days anyway. He may not have to work again anyway if he cleans out Funimations bank account like Hulk Hogan did to Gawker

The issue here isn’t that he got fired. The issue is that Funimation thought it was appropriate to make the firing public, as well as allowing VAs that represent their company to talk shit on Twitter. Had Funimation simply handled this behind closed doors, there’s a good chance no one would have even noticed it happened. Vic was in one niche simuldub for winter, and the few people watching that likely would have assumed his replacement was due to simuldub issues, it happens often enough

I had the gf who doesn't exist dream again.

>is worth to care about this small arc?
Only if you don't care the Hisoka goodness coming up, there's also some heartwarming Leorio moments towards the end. This arc is pretty much the Hisoka, Leorio, and Killua arc and why we all should hate Gin.

Attached: 1549452866047.gif (540x304, 2.96M)

>Gon not present
>show quality greatly improves
Big think

Ok landwhale defender

>believing the tabloid that is i09

DON'T DO IT VIC! INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

>Naruto not present
>show greatly improves
>Boruto not present
>show greatly improves
>Deku not present
>show greatly improves
I’m sensing a trend

>Chadsta not present
>show quality remains the same or gets slightly worse
HOW DOES HE DO IT?

Attached: DE518AD1-6148-4CD7-BB63-F10C64C53809.jpg (293x446, 95K)

Piece of shit, Naruto is an anti draw. Bring us something people want.

That lawyer and numerous YT channels are just using the outrage over Vic to get views. And it’s definitely working.

But do you lie to her about cheating on her?

It’s still different than the rest of what Toonami is airing right now, so yes user.

You know this only applies to court proceedings right?

Exactly. There’s plenty of things someone can get fired for that won’t result in a police report.

In this case it probably would not have been kept quiet regardless but FUNimation should not have made the twitter post stating they would not be working with him again.

Lmao One Piece sells like shit in America

Attached: manga salesNaruto160K OP 40K.png (1350x548, 90K)

black clover is funny while MHA is just generic and boring

Agreed. Black Clover is also a millions times better than Faguto and his bitch son.

It’s not though. TPN is diversity, it’s a different style and it’s never aired before. PTE was diversity, if it got an S2, that wouldn’t be diversity, it’s a sequel

Good thing Vic is going to court then, huh?

As others have said, this isn’t a case of real deal sexual assault. It’s Vic doesn’t know appropriate workplace etiquette, which should have been a quiet matter. Rial and Marchi riling everyone up about him being a rapist is why this has turned into a legal issue. Funi drops VAs all the time. Shit, even Scott Freeman got less coverage when they let him go, and that’s only because they had to announce the new DxD dub cast

I'm starting to think the people constantly whining about diversity on the block don't actually know what constitutes programming diversity.

You have a narrow view of diversity.

Is Toonami going to air the one hour "special" of Super like Japan did, or jew people over to see UI dubbed the following week?

>hurf durf here’s a show we have aired before that isn’t shonen
>we know for a fact people hate this show and will avoid it
>lmao still counts as diversity tho
You sound just like Demarco trying to justify FLCL as diversity

No you fucking idiot, why does this need to be said so often?

It's not a special, retard. It's two separate episodes.

When the diversity talk first came from Demarco, he was very specific that the show choices would be ones not typical for Toonami. That’s not just battle shonen, it’s shit from ASA and old Toonami too. Let’s recap the current list
>PTE
Probably the most blatant of the bunch, straight comedy. I could picture this on ASA, but it was completely against the Toonami grain
>Megalo Box
Honestly I wouldn’t count this if not for their long standing and vocal statements about never airing sports shows. Since sports had been off the table, I say it counts despite feeling like a Toonami show.
>TPN
This one is a bit of a stretch. It’s shonen still, just not battle shonen. A mistake on their part since the “battle” is what people typically want from shonen

That’s 3 shows that qualify under Demarco’s own definition of diversity. And 2019 was supposed to be the year we saw much more

FLCL, particularly Alternative, definitely was diversity.

Hell, replaying Bebop in the current lineup would be diversifying Toonami right now.

What you want is new shows and non-sequels but that’s not by definition diversifying Toonami.

Airing non-shounen and shows that lean on drama or comedy is diversifying Toonami. Airing shows that are nothing like the rest of the lineup is diversifying Toonami. Airing shows that aired before but aren’t like the rest of the lineup is still diversifying Toonami, it’s just not bringing anything new or experimental.

You assumed too much and got mad later. Did you honestly expect more than one or two outside the box shows at a time when the lineup barely had open space? It’s not going to change over night.

Its all the more ironic that people here keep crying about diversity and how people don't like shounen shit on the block when the most consistently highly rated show on the block is fucking Dragonball but we're not suppose to count that for some reason meanwhile when shows outside that gets picked up it usually flops and gets forgotten and people just uses that for fuel to shitpost about how Demarco is a faggot for getting it to begin with. Its high time that you fags just admit that Toonami is irrelevant.
>>FLCL, particularly Alternative, definitely was diversity.
A sequel to a well-loved classic is not diversity

Attached: 1555605904137.png (290x550, 320K)

Yeah Scott Freeman oh man that shit bummed me out when I found out why he wasn’t voice acting anymore.

>Airing non-shounen and shows that lean on drama or comedy is diversifying Toonami
Toonami never fucking aired shows like that especially during its peak. GXP can be considered pure comedy and we all know how well that did.

>it’s not going to change overnight
And apparently it’s not going to change ever based on recent pickups

There’s no reason to count DB because it’s an outlier. Not a single show on the market could get anywhere near it’s ratings. In 6 months it’s going to be gone, and it’s taking those 700-800k numbers with it

>There’s no reason to count DB because it’s an outlier.
Its not a fucking outlier. It follows the same template as the other shows that get picked up hell it never used to be the highest rated show on the block.

GXP was old and obnoxious, it shouldn’t be the gauge for success. At least cite PTE doing mediocre if you want to make an argument.

The point of diversity is moving the block away from its narrow action focus. Demarco even said this himself. Just because it didn’t used to be that way doesn’t mean it can’t be now

>never used to be the highest rated show on the block
Yea, let’s go on the Internet and tell easily disproven lies

>I-i-i-i-i-it doesn't count

Fuck off.

>Yea, let’s go on the Internet and tell easily disproven lies
What is OPM?

OPM, AoT, and AgK all had higher ratings than DBZ

>replaying the most rerun show of all time is diversity
Yea, you must be Demarco if you believe something so fucking stupid

Naruto, Boruto, and Deku are boring characters. Goku is the exception because he does crazy shit, like combine Kaioken and Super Satan God to boost his power, or fall into his own Spirit Bomb to gain more power. We'really told how much they grow, while we see how much Goku grow

It literally doesn’t count. Demarco didn’t verify the content of the show at all. Had he watched just one episode, he wouldn’t have picked it up. 90s Japanese humor is physical torture to sit through. Again, I wasn’t disagreeing with your point, but PTE is a much better argument considering it was a top rated show of its season, yet still flopped on the block, showing pure comedy doesn’t really work wedged between action shonen

>Naruto not present
>show greatly improves
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: %7BEB63212D-BB2D-49E4-9BA1-BAC6CF701AA4%7DImg100.jpg (510x680, 494K)

>OPM
One time, by a razor thin margin
>AoT
At its peak and when it aired ahead of Kai
>AgK
Literally not one time

Yes, the adventures of Sauske and pals is much more interesting than whatever Naruto is doing

>Goku is the exception
He's not
animeranking.net/stat.php?id=34
Even DBfags are sick of hi

>One time,
Several times

>At its peak and when it aired ahead of Kai
So it did beat it.

>Literally not one time
It did. AgK has the highest premiere ratings of the block which is hilarious given how forgetten it is.

No it wasn't.

Attached: 1436140878863.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

goddamn this motherfucker looks like Gackt had sex with Caitlyn Jenner

>several times
No, it was one time. Premiere night, by a meager 4K viewers
>so it did
Yes, early show are supposed to do better. This is not an achievement to brag about
>it did
It did not, the night it did 1.8mil, Kai did 2mil

>block dying
>Demarco promises to change how they pick shows
>doubles down on the shonen crap
>ratings plummet further
>moves diversity goalpost to 2019
>halfway through 2019 the only diversity choice has been a talk heavy Jump series people are already avoiding because it’s boring
>w-well Lupin isn’t a battle shonen so I-it counts guys
God damn I feel like I’m in the battered women’s shelter whenever I come here. You guys are pathetic, you call Demarco a faggit left and right, yet turn right around and defend the choices he make that kill the block

Aside from Boruto (which is already at 2am) most of the additions to Toonami in the past 6 months have been working toward diversifying the block away from battle shounen if nothing else.

There’s more sequels coming but there will be space to change things up in coming months. Again it won’t happen immediately because too many shows are continuing.

Fuck off, I'd rather go out with something good like Lupin than Shonen crap.

youtube.com/watch?v=dLuFS4XRRQU

It's up

They really haven’t been
>Megalo Box
Diversity
>SAO
Sequel
>TPN
Diversity
>AoT
Sequel
>Lupin
Sequel

Now let’s sound off the sequel list that we probably won’t avoid
>SAO part 2 (guaranteed fall)
>Mob
>OPM
>MHA
>Jojo
That doesn’t leave much space, and doesn’t even factor in potential cutbacks. Lupin 100% should not have been picked up

>no context YouTube link
No clickbait senpai, I won’t give your channel views

>Mob
Speaking of Mob, what the fuck happened? Was the Toonami partnership announcement just for show? No dub premiere, and not even a pity few week delay dub

Nigger, it's the Nostalgia Critic.

Honestly I think the only purpose of the partnership is so CR can put its fingers into AS wallet to produce more original garbage. I know two years back CR produced URAHARA, which ended up selling a massive 15 total copies because it was such a forgettable pile of garbage. So I can see why they don’t want to be sole investors on original projects. Can’t wait to see how this Blade Runner slop is fucked up

>Naruto: Shippuden (r) 283 0.13 167
>Hunter X Hunter (r) 286 0.13 173
lol

>hunterfags when Naruto beats it
RATINGS DONT MATTER DVR BUMP REEEEE
>hunterfags when they beat Naruto
WOAH WHAT HAPPENED NARUTARDS DID YOU GET BTFO? LMAO REKT BROS HXH KICKS ASS

Pathetic

Likewise

>show goes back to cannon
>ratings go down
Really says a lot.

Based Vic.

>I'm totally not running out of ideas, you guys!

Attached: c4be94a136b2a66d8d33366b60ec2202b937b40f9163ed08c41bd36c0fcaa231.jpg (600x685, 50K)

>I like Lupin
How to spot no taste retards who think something being classic means it’s good

>I don't like Lupin
How to spot no taste retards who think something being old means it’s bad

We should get this lil nigga back on the block because fuck it, the block is pretty much dead.

Attached: cute.gif (500x350, 1001K)

>anime aired in 2018
>classic
And if you don't like Lupin you literally eat shit.

HxH has never been super popular, its fans are just obsessive about it. Similar to Gintama.

Another week another shitty MHA cha-
>golden week
Great now I get to wait longer for my weekly dose of shit writing

Attached: 1555809363602.png (478x312, 239K)

How the fuck are people bored watching Neverland? It's so fucking suspenseful, I'm way more invested in it than I ever was in fucking Black Clover or Naruto and it's only episode 3.

>it’s so suspenseful
>we already know the big twist
>now everything is literally just kids discussing a plan
>it’s a frustrating retarded plan too because Emma insists on taking a bunch of dead weight with them that will likely result in mission failure
There needs to be happenings now and then between the suspense. You can’t just bank on the suspense alone because people get tired of waiting. It’s a similar issue to what HxH had happen, dude just wait 3 months for something to happen haha

The story isn't about figuring out about the demons, it's about a jailbreak. The suspense is in them trying to pull this off without getting busted or killed in the process, and if they can manage to save everybody. I'm in suspense because I like Emma and Norman, they're likable characters, I want them to succeed, and I hope they triumph. This isn't really hard to understand, no idea why you're so confused.

Also plenty of stuff happens every episode. Have you tried actually listening to dialogue instead of turning your brain off?

No, I guzzle half a bottle of Jack just to get through the first hour of garbage. The shows need to be engaging. I don’t want to listen to kids yap their mouth for 22 minutes

AYO HOL UP
>smacks lips
IS YOU SAYIN
>smiles creepily
DAT DEEZ CHILLUN
>plays with doll
IS FINNA TRY
>beats everyone at tag
A MUTHAFUCKIN
>overachieves to survive
ESCAPE ATTEMPT??
>plot twists
SHIIIIEEEEEEEET

Attached: 289302182046201.jpg (256x256, 27K)

>poster literally just posts, "lol"
>Spergs out anyway
Holy shit

Attached: 1534213363142.jpg (997x995, 204K)

Lupin literally bombs in ratings like it's atomic. Obviously the general viewers don't share the same mindset as a few goons in one thread.

People on this site pretend to like Lupin.

I didn’t like lupin part 4 heard 5 is better though.

>America is the whole world
France is the second-largest consumer of manga after Japan and One Piece is more popular than Naruto and DB there as well.

Is manga considered haram? I’m surprised France sells any

Muslims are very inconsistent when it comes to anime and manga.

It’s not
>item to steal
>lupin finds out
>zenny tries to stop him
>lupin asspulls his way out of trouble
There’s every lupin episode

The crown prince of Saudi Arabia loves One Piece, and since everything follows the royalty there OP is very popular.

bruh i just wanna see some tiddy boobs on toonami

Everything bombs the ratings. Cable is dying. Might as well have Toonami die with shows that aren't shit.

>Everything bombs the ratings.
Yeah, but Lupin's ratings are bad even for the usual numbers a show gets on this block.

I agree, which is why they shouldn’t be airing Lupin

Well to bad, Demarco hates fan service.

Attached: 1554155801676.png (388x946, 465K)

>King of Jordan is a Star Trek fan
>Prince of Arabia is a OP fan
Why can't Western leaders be as based?

Well, he been doing this for a decade, if anything I'm suprised he still doing it at all

Imagine the meltdown if Trump came out and said he had a favorite anime. Would be even better if it’s a tumblr centric one like MHA

It doesn't help that the Toonami fanbase outside of this forum clamors for even more "generic" shonen shows like Kimetsu No Yaiba or Fire Patrol (which is excusable since Soul Eater was beloved before its filler arc). The issue is that they are going for diverse shows but not getting far enough out of their comfort zone, like Neverland barely qualifies as diversity and Lupin is different but still just more of the same.
I know it's a longshot but this is why I really would like Boogiepop on the block. It certainly is a diverse show being a urban fantasy mystery, but it also isn't completely devoid of action. It has more action than the entire first season of Neverland, and hell even large parts of Megalobox. Obviously it's not without its flaws but it's flesh blood, something the block needs.

Vic need to kill Funimation

Attached: 58444952_135181217646196_4598101977467977728_n.jpg (750x750, 38K)

>jojobronies bitched they got kicked to 3am
>get moved up
>don’t tune in
Is this a top 10 anime betrayal?

Attached: 932680A2-1A37-4E36-A56B-A69182CB6255.gif (250x250, 69K)

>picks an anime
>said anime gets 2 weeks of coverage on CNN and MSNBC while they pick it apart to figure out why trump liking it makes it bad alt right propaganda
Which show would you want front and center on major news networks?

The All Might memes write themselves

Hunter x Hunter.

Name a decent show from the past 5 years with good tiddies that has action that Toonami could air.

>Wall

Something with a lot of either fanservice or shock value, but also isn’t super forward about it, so that you can’t just glean it from the cover art. As funny as it would be, you can’t Boku no Pico the news. There’s been a lot of magical girl series in recent years that go straight to gore and torture within a few episodes, that would be perfect

Didn’t someone already make a ripoff comic where Trump is All Might?

Only Mob is even likely to air on Toonami this year. Viz won’t dub OPM or JoJo fast enough and SAO doesn’t come back in Japan until October. I doubt Toonami will get the MHA simuldub.

nibba i dont care if its decent i care if it got that tiddy meat bouncing around every episode

Super into Hero: Lose 40.4% GOT DAMN, almost a record
Hero into Neverland: Lose 19.0%
Neverland into SAO: Lose 11.6%
SAO into Jojo: Lose 8.9%
Jojo into Clover: GAIN 6.7% At least Asta gets the job done
Clover into Boruto: Lose 10.1%
Boruto into Naruto: Lose 1.0%
Naruto into Hunter: GAIN 1.1%
Hunter into Titan: Lose 15.4%

What the fuck happened?

Current Records:

Loss:
12/08/18: Super into Psycho: Lose 45.4%

Gain:
11/24/18: Boruto into Super: GAIN 54.8%

Attached: 1296223494418.jpg (1176x1055, 545K)

>tfw cable has been glitching on and off all week
>tfw don't know if it's a problem with my house, the company or shitty network management like with SAO
I wish I could drop this but I imagine streaming would be glitchy for me too.

How they fuck are they going to fill the schedule then? Several long running shows are ending in the next few months.

>What the fuck happened?
Right? Ratings were climbing a bit, but the last two weeks they have been falling.

>city of heroes back up
>MHA themes constantly in my head
damnit

Vic Mignogna btfo'ing marzghurl once again

my guess is toonami's promo system is fuck awful

super gets a good promo and has DB name recognition so people tune in

MHA has no promos, people dont know what the fuck is going on, people are dropping out

The Promised Neverland gets promos but they are terrible.
TUNE IN TO THIS SHOW TO SEE: Black maid can run fast!
TUNE IN TO THIS SHOW TO SEE: Small child saying 'aren't you a clever one'
Now that the first episode is out of the way they should just do an 'overarching promo' showing the demons and how the kids realize they're food and need to escape. I don't think an episode by episode promo works with this

SAO gets promos and they aren't nearly as bad because at least there's action, but they could also be better.

In general I think we could use more 'here's where we're at in the overall plot so far' recap type promos to lure more people in

Either lose the slots or do the unthinkable, pick out of the box shows

TPN really does have fuckawful promos that make it seem unappealing to watch. It doesn’t help that some of these episodes are legit 22 minutes of dialog, so it’s not even an issue of hiding twists, it’s just that boring

>No, it was one time. Premiere night, by a meager 4K viewers
Wrong again dumbass
>Yes, early show are supposed to do better.
This has been proven wrong many times dumbass even before now.
>It did not,
It did.

>which is excusable since Soul Eater was beloved before its filler arc)
How is that excusable? Fire Force isn't even nearly as popular as Soul Eater, the show didn't even do well on the block back where it was at its peak.

I still don't understand what compelled DeMarco to get the Promised Neverland. It's his worst investment to date. Maybe it was offered to him and he just went "Yeah, okay" because it saves him the trouble of picking a show himself.

>, but it also isn't completely devoid of action.
There's literally episodes with all talking and no action. The show is also intentionally confusing and obtused with everything. It'll not do well on the block. You idiots may rag on Demarco but you would do a worse job with the schedule.

It's a dub premiere of a show that just ended, so probably.

>Boogiepop
Would you faggots stop asking for this?

>I still don't understand what compelled DeMarco to get the Promised Neverland
It was a popular anime from last season. What gets on the block are popular anime.

You mean popular anime DeMarco LIKES.

Then suggest a particular show that meats your qualifications or go back to pornhub where you can easily get that content.

Stuff like Demon Slayer and Shield Hero probably

That’s wrong though, it doesn’t matter how popular or requested something is, if it doesn’t clear Demarco’s personal taste it’s DOA

>SHONEN JUMP IN CREDITS. GRUGMARCO LIKE SHONEN JUMP

It’s kinda more like popular recent anime that DeMarco is aware of.

If only Demarco had the balls to air Queen's Blade.

Attached: 1531578046772.jpg (2048x768, 377K)

Armed Girls Machiavellism

So then, what he likes. He isn’t gonna watch stuff he doesn’t like.

This show literally cannot air on American television.

Did that have adequate tiddies? The first few episodes didn’t give me the impression it did.

They could do worse I suppose.

Why not?

We know he doesn’t watch a lot of things that end up on Toonami.

It's basically softcore porn.

Has sexy body but face ruins it.

Projecting retard

Pop Team Epic was his worst pickup, it got the lowest ratings for its timeslot ever

Because Demarco has NO BALLS, that's why.

FUCK THE NETWORKS

Attached: 1545881317912.jpg (1800x900, 336K)

He didn't even pick that show. Kim Manning liked it.

the eng dub saved it

There’s like 2 straight episodes in a bath house fighting naked, so yes

Boruto got worse ratings though

Sounds like we need to put Kim Manning in charge then since she actually has some taste

The viewers rejected it, though. It's basically what made DeMarco backtrack on his diversity promise.

Honestly this. Asta’s jap VA has improved immeasurably from the first episodes, yet is still incredibly annoying. The dub is just so much more fun, especially Yami. Sabat really channels the tough guy who doesn’t give a fuck ever character, and whoever they had doing Ladros was top tier every single line

>mfw demarco makes him the actual host because he's way cheaper than blum + 3D animation

Attached: 1390711831800.gif (340x188, 2.47M)

>Fire Force isn't even nearly as popular as Soul Eater
Nope, Soul Eater has reached cult classic status anyways, but if the second part is true then scratch it.
>Literally episodes with all talking and no action
Same thing applies to every show on the block.
>Intentionally obtuse
It does show scenes out of chronological a lot in the first two arcs which is pointless but I never was bothered too much by it. Is it really so hard to simply pay attention?
>It'll not do well on the block
Most definitely not but it would be enjoyable at least.
>You idiots may rag on Demarco but you would do a worse job with the schedule
Good thing I didn't revise the whole thing and just stated a fact about the block's current problem and offered a show suggestion then.
What's wrong with asking for it?

How much disappointment can one woman bear?

>What's wrong with asking for it?
Flavor of the month nobody cares about in a long run.

>Demon Slayer
that anime is decent so far
>Shield Hero
fuck no
pick anything but that

JoJo would be better if the protagonist were females

Attached: 2002.jpg (712x800, 137K)

>Flavor of the month
The show was buried underneath Mob S2, Kaguya-sama and Neverland in the Winter and discussion died weeks before the season ended so it's not really FotM status. This is more out of passion then anything.

Attached: 1552661016759.jpg (1165x629, 48K)

But shield hero is kino

>user, give me your pinky nail!

How do u respond

Attached: Alluka.jpg (800x1122, 117K)

I guess she's getting a pinky nail

Attached: IMG_20190430_083336.jpg (740x500, 46K)

i prefer the irl spin off of shield hero

Attached: filthy scum.png (1276x1435, 2.66M)

PS&G

kek is that monica?

>don’t give it
>leave
By the sound of it, there’s no timeframe to comply. Simply not saying “no” will keep you safe

>Vic looks like an aging tranny in OP pic
>looks like a decent looking guy here
Is there a big age gap on the original pics or what’s going on here?

photoshop

Attached: bitch and shield.png (990x698, 1.1M)

Monica used to be kind of a qt in a friends mom kind of way, but as soon as she cut her hair and dyed it purple it’s like she aged 20 years

This lineup is suck, how do you sit through this weekly?

Because I choose to.

sure, bud, walk away

see who gets shredded

I mean, didn’t they literally say that you have to actually not comply for something to happen? And there won’t be further requests till you do?

The Toonami General thread helps

Attached: 1550454118030.jpg (680x500, 48K)

Respect the goddess Nami

They are just gonna rerun Dragon Ball Super when it is done, aren’t they

I would hope after like the 5th time of doing this, they have finally learned that leading the block with a rerun kills the night instantly

You think holding your fingers while pretending that it's a camera was a JoJo invention?

I would never put it past them. Here’s the saddest thing, reruns of the Universe Survival tournament would probably do better at 11pm than anything else they could get. Sure they’ll do at best 70% of what Super can get now but that’s still better than anything else will consistently do.

If they go back to the movie arcs it will do much worse I’m sure but still might do better than most.

Go back to defending your tranny E-gfs on twitter

That and she gained a fuck ton of weight like Lauren Landa did.

He's pointing out the fallacy in your argument. There's no direct or inevitable causal correlation in cheating on someone, lying about it and then sexually assaulting someone.

I liked that too.

Okay, there doesn’t have to be an correlation.

But why do you assume he’s never sexually harassed anyone?

I’ve met Lauren in person last year. She’s very attractive. Ya’ll can be as shallow as Hal around here.

based Heisei Holmes

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Samurai Seven or Basilisk coming to the block though Basilisk might be just to violent, gory, and sexual for it to be touched. Even IFC back In the day only played Basilisk late night.

Blood + is honestly pretty good as well granted it's slow as shit to take off but once it takes off it takes off.

How did we go from this......

Attached: laurenbefore.PNG.6277d7b0fe2a3b0e9bb0497ca259509c.png (482x647, 264K)

.....to this, I know why her husband spoiled her with love and affection too much.

Attached: laurenafter2.PNG.2e6e5c27dbffe5626cc5b4bab0cc995b.png (359x558, 222K)

I met Vic two years ago, he looks more like the pic here than OP, so I’m pretty sure it was shit lighting

Based

Since we're talking about Vic did anything come of his lawsuit yet?

Filed. Waiting on the response from the other parties.

I made this

It will probably be months before anything actually happens

Because there has been no proof that he has

yeah, the spinoff of shield hero is great
he's actually going to have his revenge unlike the anime

Attached: Vic-Hero.jpg (259x458, 14K)

her voice is still hot.

I think this ruined it for me, I’m always going to associate her voice with a blubber ball now. And on top of that, she’s in a lot of high fanservice shows which really makes it hard to avoid thinking about

On the flipside, she actually loves over the top fanservicey stuff. I still remember this DoA promo she did several years back.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3axfaS5ehoc

those days are gone, user
DoA franchise is now offensive to women

Presumption of innocence in criminal court vs civil court is considerably different.

And you’re probably one of those folks who says “video or it didn’t happen”

>But why do you assume he’s never sexually harassed anyone?
You're shifting the burden of proof. You've no reason to assume he did.

Sorry -
You've no proof to assume he did.

No, but how about SOME evidence?

Reminder that vic did nothing wrong and sang the eng OP for one piece, the greatest selling manga of all time

Alright boys, how do we fix this block?

just put all the long runners on weeknights.

Needs some fucking tiddies

>the same 20 meme posters followed by redundant doom and gloom
Wow how captivating

What did you expect?

The ultimate newfaggotry

I bet Greg Aryes ratted on Vic

If only. DB reruns are the only anime they are willing to air on weeknights.

I dunno ask yer mum

Plenty of people sexually harassed or even sexually assaulted other people with no pictures or video to prove it. People can be smart and avoid getting caught.

Because they are the only ones that perform, and even then not well. They can’t afford to burn through Bort and Naruto 5 episodes a week for sub 250k returns

We don’t, it’s going to be one of the many casualties in the coming post cable era.

OG Dragon Ball after Super ends, and there is no new anime.

Found out that back in the early 00s on the TechTV anime block they actually aired Boogiepop Phantom on american television. So Boogie has aired in the west before, so maybe it can again.

Attached: 1550161589137.png (600x600, 101K)

Oh yeah anime unleashed, totally forgot that existed.

I actually think Shield Hero is a possibility. Since Crunchy are one of the main financers for it, putting it on Toonami after it ends will just increase exposure. It is made with the western audience in mind after all. People seem to think it may be under performing too. Only problem I can see is the 'controversy' over the false rape thing may make Le Faggit wary.

Attached: 1556221396792.png (1180x282, 165K)

HARDCORE NUDITY!

KonoSuba

Demarco would probably hate all the fan service

its funny how no one understands what the fuck those percentages mean in ratings when these shows air in japan

Nice digits. Maybe it can, if Demarco or who ever ran ASA during that time if they still work there is familiar with the series through it running on a rival anime block. I'm hoping that it comes regardless though.

Attached: 326140564663887.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

Yeah, but he's the prosecution in the case.

Please point to Dragon Ball or Naruto on this list. Oh wait, you can't, because One Piece is the best selling comic book WORLDWIDE!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 8.12.49 PM.png (1017x278, 74K)

Attached: it did not.png (504x373, 50K)

Dragontards hate the original though

oh right jack lost to some hillbillies

They aren’t airing in Japan

>One Piece btfo by reruns
Oh my sides

CR didn’t even bother to give us Mob S2, I don’t think we can rely on them for anything

>ratings
Are these houses aware of their position? Seems rigged

It’s an average. The houses that actually have the box know they have it, but they also aren’t solely responsible for the numbers shown

I bet you'll love part 6

Why can't One Piece have a good anime
Why does it have to be barely above a powerpoint slide

Man, what happened? I know that CN got dropped by a cable provider, but how does that, even that, equate to a 75% decrease?
You know what it is? Too many shows people have heard of, too many shows that people have watched. Toonami does best when it throws great shows you've never seen or heard of at you. The days of M&H and Dimension W were the zenith. Maybe that was the idea with Neverland.

Attached: 1554231976729.jpg (496x278, 33K)

We already had Samurai 7 back in 2012, and Blood+ in the ACTN days.

Gory violence is pretty much fair game now, so I think the nudity will be what keeps Basilisk off, besides the fact that it's over a decade old.

Because its never going to end

>1:30a Chad Clover (r) 318 0.15 195
GET DOWN, WE ALL LET YOU KNOW THIS TIME
CAN YOU BRING ME DOWN
BACK UP, GET FAR UP THE SKYYY
CHAD CLOVER!

Attached: mimmy.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Attack on Titan
It's all too obvious.

You could be doing something else with your Saturday night. I suggest compromising someone's morals.

Attached: 1549851867013.jpg (966x752, 99K)

Manning has final decision on all shows. Demarco and Austin just give her recommendations.

It's so funny how people think BC is a badly written show and Jojo isn't, yet Jojo is the one with asspulls every arc and nobody has a problem with it. In case nobody remembers, asspulls are a sign of bad writing because it shows the author couldn't write himself out of a corner.

>I suggest compromising someone's morals.
i already did that with my sister

But I do that, by making them watch Toonami.

Based

Attached: 1546972733970.png (1280x844, 575K)

Jojofags are complete bitchmade spoiled brats, that's what they are. They raised a stink about how they didn't deserve to be put in the 3 am slots, BUT THEY'RE NOT WATCHING THEIR SHOW.

BC story in AS and out of the block is a fun one
>people ask Demarco to air Hero Academia
>he delivers Black Clover instead
>BC is bashed everywhere from social media to those 'reviewers sites'
>bad reviews everywhere, like the faggots ecelebs wanted it to fail at any cost
and yet, BC is still alive and doing it fine

Attached: worse manga.jpg (593x204, 26K)

Vic's version of Hikari E gets me hard

It's a miracle the west hasn't keeled over judging from how they judge a whole show on first impressions.
I've seen so many people say BC is a guaranteed failure, or people who still watch the anime now saying it's still brain dead, etc.
A lot of these nerds wouldn't know good writing if it hit them.

even when pic related made fun of BC a bit, he was the only faggot that defended it in those dark ages
i still hate him with passion

Attached: faggot.jpg (176x176, 10K)

>against the odds
Chadasta vs the world

Attached: Black-Clover-Wallpaper.jpg (640x360, 62K)

From the big 4 anitubers, only Gigguk's fine and not a hypocrite. An1me is an egotrip, Aki is a leech, and LP is stuck catering to horny 13 year olds.

We have to build a wall

what did he say?

Gigguk backtracked on his initial impression after reading the manga

who is this? not even memeing, I don't pay attention to anime youtubers

he said BC back in the days was not that great, but it had the potential to become great

you only have to know he defended BC in a time every other faggot reviewer said it was utter trash doomed to fail

>The choice for the 11:30 shonen is clear, but Demarco is a moron.
You mean the vocal online minority are morons. BC was originally slotted for 12:00.

Neverland was one of the hottest shows of winter 2019, so I doubt. Stuff like M&H and DW was stuff people just didn’t care about

Manning typically just says yes to everything so long as S&P clears it. PTE was Manning using her position (and the blocks faultering ratings) to air something unusual

He shat on it at the start of the season, and rightfully so. But after basically a full season's worth of episodes he made another video about saying he'd revised his opinion and that it was actually decent, and admitted he might've been too hasty to judge it.

You can't. Ship has sailed. Toonami stagnated when it should've been diversifying and now streaming platforms are eating its lunch. It's not the cable era anymore, there's not a built in audience of losers who are going to tune in every Saturday night. The only reason I have a Hulu TV subscription is to watch Toonami, but I have a lot of disposable income and not many people can afford an extra $45/mo just to watch lame cartoons on saturday night out of tradition. They just forget about it.

That’s seems to be the overarching sentiment with black clover, starts off shit but it gradually gets better and grows on you.

>He wants Incel hero

Attached: 1553396156507.jpg (314x335, 15K)

Dunno if it was brought up yet but the fact that the dog from HxH has the same voice actress as Makoto is veryyy interesting. Way better than hearing Chopper out of her mouth and this will make all the scenes where she gets bullied by Ging and Pariston pretty stimulating.

Attached: 2427475734164109.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

>unironically using the term incel

Ded

>he wants something engaging to watch
What a crime

A lot of shows have to start off great now, even with a shitty 2nd act they're still going to be considered good. See most anime.

>veryyy
grow up

How well would MHA do if it were in the 1:30 slot?

Attached: 0 quirk mirio.jpg (965x924, 87K)

terrible

I don't see why they wouldn't.

Probably better by not needing to compete directly with Super

When?

Attached: 37005731-4DA1-46AF-8F14-EF687341B7C6.jpg (670x767, 82K)

I wish Asuka was my mom

Attached: 1491362027844.webm (400x426, 1.14M)

So how's the new season of OPM looking? As bad as people feared? Better than expected?

The promo trailer for it showed the peak animation. The first episode wasn’t as bad as expected, but the quality has been dropping, as one expects from JC Staff

Never

Attached: 1462713753864777.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Why did she invest so little into INT?

One of the "allegations" in the investigation was Vic eating a jellybean with Monica Rials name on it and saying "Now i can say i ate Monica"
Over 3 months and still no victims, only "I heard rumors" and "I saw him hug a fan without consent".
Even the few 1st hand accounts are people waiting in line and watching him hug and kiss fans on the cheek one after the other then when its their turn they don't say anything, years later they see a hashtag and say yea that was sexual assault/harassment (legally its not)

>Setting aside Monica’s tweets. I believe a lot of the accounts in the i09 article
The writer is friends with the chick who started the kickvic hashtag, the Q&A she had with Vic got leaked and it showed her leaving out his answers and wording things for maximum damage.
Once the lawsuit dropped she started making excuses for why she would not have to reveal her sources in court.

Attached: io9 writer.png (863x3686, 1.42M)

Didn’t one of the fans in one of the pics that looked a little touchy come out and say it wasn’t an issue?

Yep

>supportive evidence from “victims” has just been “he did do it”
Love the mental gymnastics these people need to do
>anime’s biggest voices
Is he really? He really isn’t in that much, he just has lots of memorable roles

Yes, and that has mostly gone ignored because it doesn’t fit the narrative. Vic’s biggest issue here is he gets too close to people, it ends up looking weird in pictures

who needs INT when you have a nice ass

Attached: 1535667536409.jpg (1097x1500, 332K)

Exactly, something that Shield hero is not

Better than any of the trash on the current lineup

>Accused of rape
>Still has a harem
Anime is so fuckin based.

The point is that she has the same power as Kira, so it could be an intentional homage.

Admit it, if it actually joined the block, you'd start calling it trash. There's been plenty of series I've seen thrown around here, but when one of those series actually get announced, these threads start acting like no one ever wanted it.

Well at least Shield Hero is better than Konosuba by a mile

Well that’s a blatant falsehood

Yeah, they're the same shite

Finally caught up on the One Piece dub, those cowards at Funi are slacking on Punk Hazard.

Anyways I was bored and did the calculations (even considering all of the block breaks since cancellation) and if OP was not cancelled we would be in mid-Marineford by now and OPfags would be like HxHfags insisting this is where everything gets good (dub currently up to the end of Fishman Island, at least it's finally past the timeskip).

Attached: 1428749385091.jpg (500x689, 106K)

I'm starting to think the dub of the TV series is canned. The last DVD set came out a year ago and they've said nothing about Punk Hazard. All they've released since are some TV specials that they probably licensed a while ago.

based

Attached: 1552748987484.jpg (1200x1600, 434K)

Jesus OP cannot catch a break. If this is the case Demarco keeping OP for as long as he did may have actually been Funi's motivation to continue steadily dubbing the series, and now that it's gone they've slowed down on it.

I do keep up with their social media though and they are actively celebrating the 20th anniversary of the anime and they even have an OP podcast so it's not like they've forgotten or are disowning the license. It could be their simuldubbing is slowing them down, and Toonami removing OP has made it even less of a priority than before.

Attached: le no budget anime man.jpg (640x526, 99K)

Now this is just a low quality bait

>OPfags would be like HxHfags insisting this is where everything gets good
Waves and waves of new fans will do that to you
Because the arc they've finished the last is the best to them
Meanwhile most fans who have stuck from at least Day 100 or something are just lukewarm to the series

>Finally caught up on the One Piece dub
I'm curious to know why you bothered watching the dubbed anime, of all things. Personal challenge?

>One of the "allegations" in the investigation was Vic eating a jellybean with Monica Rials name on it and saying "Now i can say i ate Monica"

that's fucking hilarious.

It's a Toonami thread, professor.

And One Piece isn't on Toonami. Your point?

Tangential point of reference to dab on HxHfags as stated in the original post.

look, I like shield hero and ive been reading the source material (WN) since 2014, but Konosuba is more entertaining than Shield Hero (too bad Konosuba shit the bed around vol5)

But this is wrong

So they're both shit?

I mean, between shield hero and konosuba I'd prefer to watch Konosuba
However for AS, I'd pick Shield Hero because there's a dub already and Demarco hates fanservice

>Demarco hates fanservice
there is a freaking naked loli on shield hero...

>there is a freaking naked loli on shield hero...
PICKED THE FUCK UP

Attached: elesh.jpg (400x400, 27K)

So if they threw on OG DiC dub sailor moon would that be diversity?

Attached: fbi.jpg (715x429, 31K)

if they're gonna do Sailor Moon on new toonami it should be the Viz dub at least.

They shouldn’t do it at all, we don’t need more long crap

>diversity
>denying the existence of lesbians

He should really see the value in KonoSuba beyond the fan service like he did with KLK. It was probably a fluke that they aired AGK.

I’d like to see the full Q&A the article was based on

A couple of youtubers have gone over it in vids.

If it’s YellowFlash, I don’t trust that guy further than I can throw him

there's a couple of really small channels that have covered it, i cant promise they aren't autistic tho.
Rekieta went over it briefly
All you gotta know is that the writer said a witness corroborated the story about him kissing a chick in a hotel room (most likely monica) but the "witness" was outside of the room when everything happened so she technically didn't witness shit.
the rest is just typical hit piece tactics.

there have been anime funi has had that they never return to again but have made references here and there to the status as a whole (like anniversaries, or that its in their library still)

I honestly doubt he aired KLK willingly. Back then Aniplex was handing out screaming deals, and it was too hot to turn down so he probably begrudgingly went for it. AgK probably was a fluke, just of them looking for anything recent from Sentai to air just to get in with them.

I find it crazy that they have squandered getting their foot in on the isekai craze. Whatever you may think of the genre aside, it was the hot new thing and Toonami completely failed to capitalize on it.

It’s weird, every single season they release a dub release list of what they are doing for that season. One Piece is listed every time, even though no episodes actually get dubbed

that is weird, when did they start releasing seasonal release lists by the way?

>I find it crazy that they have squandered getting their foot in on the isekai craze. Whatever you may think of the genre aside, it was the hot new thing and Toonami completely failed to capitalize on it.
Yeah, it is bizarre. Guess they just wanted to stick to the typical shonen shit. SAO is kind of considered an isekai, in the same vain that .hack is an isekai in that they just go to a virtual world. But they probably only choose SAO due to it's massive popularity at the time.
It doesn't seem like they'll ever try to catch up to this fad.

Ever since they really got into the simuldub/FuniNow thing. 2016, maybe earlier

That’s for the Japanese simulcast isn’t it?

We’ll always have to wonder if a bunch of short shows would have done better than HxH, JoJo, MHA and Boruto.

Oops, looks like they were just advertising the simulcast. I have never looked at it that hard I admit. Still strange to keep non dub news attached with news that’s is otherwise all about dubs. I guess it shows they are still invested into the franchise, just not in a rush to dub it

funimation.com/blog/2019/04/02/spring-2019-will-warm-you-up/

They almost certainly would have purely because they don’t get commitment fatigue

At this point that’s for the best, the isekai fad is getting to the end of its lifespan now, it Toonami gets on it now, they will be behind the times again

Wasn’t Funimation trying to talk fans into encouraging them to do a simuldub for OP?
>simuldub a never ever ending series
>on top of dubbing the backlog episodes
>on top of other dub commitments
That would have been a fucking nightmare for the VAs, so I assume they are glad it never went anywhere

>firefox shit itself
>toonami in 23 hours
SEND HELP

SPIKE DIES!

That was never confirmed.

>start watching other channels sometimes when laser wolf comes on
>switch over to syfy
>they have weird low budget bumpers going on all the time past midnight
oh man with [as] losing family guy in a year or so its ganna be hard competition soon

I asked Brook’s voice if he could manage a simuldub of One Piece. He thinks he could for Brook but I could tell he’d rather not have that on his plate.

Maybe it’s not too late to air ReZero and KonoSuba but not in prime premiere slots.

>Brook
So one of the more minor crewmates. Wouldn’t be too bad. Now imagine the hell for Luffy, Nami, Zoro and Sanji. Nami in particular is not exclusive to Funimation roles

Yeah it would be hard for Nami and also a pain for Franky since Seitz is LA. Simuldub DBS would be even harder with Goku in LA.

I suppose they could get away with those considering they both weren’t actually dubbed until a few months ago. But yes, prime slots aren’t the best place. Though at minimum before the long runner dumping ground

Man... Toonami would look and feel so much better without a fucking hour of Naruto.

>he only watches dragon ball

Attached: mentai.png (711x664, 314K)

Vic's probably going to sue for like 5-8 million in damages (that's including punitive damages) and would have doubled his net worth from the suit. And he's going to win it, too.

He might hate not voice acting anymore but Funimation's going to hate going out of business more.

But Hbomberguy's pal, Jim81Jim, appeared on the black face lawyer stream and he #stoodwithvic.

Attached: suicide girl scout 63825966406111imagem25_1542639331905.jpg (634x614, 105K)

>last 2 hours of the block is just trash no one wants to watch
I can’t imagine that will last very long, they either start cutting or try forcing some of it higher in the schedule so it’s not so easy to skip

Based and redpilled.

Cucks

Wait... there are unironic kickvickers here?

Fuck right off to discord, you tranny shits.

Fug did I miss the block?

Fat whitoid detected

Do people work for both Funi and other dubbing companies at the same time?

based. cant wait for him to win his suit against Funimation then go after RT.

they're still so far behind, why the hell would and should they?

everyone in the show's dub as is pretty busy.

Do you think there's a chance he can win? I hope so, this me too shit is obnoxious and grating. I just wish there was something he could do to the women trying to pull this shit.

Theres literally nothing to backup any of the claims against him and his name was dragged through the mud on baseless claims.

I hope RT dies.
They are such a garbage company

RWBY is one of the best things on the internet in the history of the internet

u mean Red vs Blue, right only TBC of course

baka desu senpai

What's the appeal of watching shows in your own language over just watching a sub with the original acting? Requires less energy?

Some dubs like YuYu Hakusho, G Gundam, and Full Metal Alchemist are better than subs.

The problem with subs is simply good talent being wasted on terrible shows.

I don’t care about any of these shows enough to read their dialog. The only reason I give any of these shows the time of day is because I enjoy watching them with the group

Most VAs we hear only do work for Funi. However, there are a few freelance ones who appear in dubs for all companies. Nami’s VA is one, as is Vic

He has a good chance of winning, but I think people are overestimating the impact it will have on Funi. Unless Vic goes full madman mode and actually goes after Rial and Marchi specifically, he will likely just get a fat paycheck and this will be forgotten

>we didn’t get forced onto autosage this week
Are we finally free from the hot pockets curse?

>Unless Vic goes full madman mode and actually goes after Rial and Marchi specifically
He is
Lawyer already filed the paperwork and Rials lawyer has already accepted the paperwork.

Attached: VIC LAWSUIT.png (1668x437, 145K)

Don't care if he wins or not, but keep in mind that he might not even receive the full amount he's asking for and even if he does it's not going to bankrupt Funimation. People are getting too full of themselves

>lawyer named Ty
hope lost

He is the owner of the Law Firm and has a pretty big team.

for you

giant storm about to hit me, hope it doesnt fuck with my toonami night

Ty has a state senator in his team. He is no slouch

>check the weather
FUCK, me too. Its always on a damn saturday night too.

Well then, Vic must be pretty damn confident in his case then. Court shit ain’t cheap

Funi needs to worry less about the payment to Vic, and more what this will mean for between 2-4 senior voice talents they have. Rial and Marchi seem to be the focus, but if they get hit, Schemmel and Haberkorn have something to start sweating about. If this was just some drama between nobody rookie VAs, it wouldn’t be a big deal, but these are Funimation staples. Japanese companies, Toei in particular, may not want their shows associated with a company that is having so much internal trouble.

>Court shit ain’t cheap
Sometimes it's not about the money.

There is also a recent fan backlash over a new DBZ release
youtube.com/watch?v=TR8eAfJjNEw
then Funi responded
youtube.com/watch?v=6QZDHVwpHZo

>Haberkorn
You mean sabat. Haberkorn is also a client of ty

by about 6 days

True, but everybody has to eat, and Vic isn’t in the most employable state right now

Which is odd because Haberkorn is against Vic. You would think that would be a conflict of interest or something

Give me a tldr on these DBZ BDs. I see people complaining, but I don’t understand why. Something about blurred outlines?

This. People already consider Funi to be a hotbed of SJWs, and if Vic wins, even if he doesn’t get a penny out of it, the anti Funi sentiment is going to rage to a level that will make Goobergate Prison School and patriarchy Maid look like a joke

de-Noise filter causes the colors to be off, dark lines are blended/blurred so they look like washed out.
Cropped weird so some stuff is too zoomed in for the sake of widescreen.

>widescreen
Isn’t the reason Toonami runs it with bars because of that issue? You would think 5 years of them doing that would be a lesson to Funi

>Toonami loses Dragon Ball and dies months later.

Does it deserve it?

>Play City of Heroes
>Watch Toonami
oh fuck there is only one choice apparently

ohfuckohfuckohfuck

>Ratings thread actually made it to Saturday.

Attached: 1556645832829.jpg (585x244, 23K)

fucking retards kept talking about this shit on Yea Forums

It was never going to look good because they most definitely don't have access to the original film stock since they're a middle-man company. Not sure if they're just using old copies they used prior or what but it was a fool's errand from the get go

Attached: 1392875434345.gif (360x240, 1.11M)

Attached: 1519540039776.jpg (3150x2100, 865K)

Attached: 1408690238483.jpg (761x1049, 125K)

Attached: Aisha-clan-clan.jpg (576x432, 127K)

>musclefaggotry

THREAD DIES!

well the thunder is certainly here, hope i dont get hammered i wanna watch this fucking anime block

Exactly

>lights are flickering
That's it, I'm going to say the n word

thats racist you cant say the n word

Ajdisntoanfbxielebsoahdh

Haberkorn only threw Vic under the bus in the hopes it would deflect from his own allegations but it didn't work and now he's joined to Vic at the hip whether he likes it or not. Haberkorn even recorded an opening for Nick Rekieta's (Vic gofundme manager) livestream a week or so ago

Attached: uhoh.gif (531x325, 49K)

Please someone just fucking tell me, why do you have pictures like that? They're so fucking obnoxious. Seeing them is more grating than anything.

>Ron Soye said there was over 100 cases of it, they don't have evidence of one. Vic's gonna win bud. No one has the power to silence over 100 victims for over 10 years besides Vic it seems.

Just answered your own question

But it isnt annoying for the reason they think it is. Like they're fucking 12 years old.

That's more how #KickVic acts. Or should I point you out to Amanda Winn Lee, Marchi, and the fake swatter.

Is there some archive where I can watch last week's stream?

Is there some place to watch last week's stream? I missed out

just find those dubbed episodes online separately

>Thread filled with VicGate bullshit
Fucking Monkey's Paw.

>forget I already posted and post again
damn I'm retarded

guess so

100% they were counting on dragontards being mouth breathing idiots and buying whatever garbage they sell them.

I believe the kids call it "weebwars", they cant call it animegate because that would mean it is a japanese thing.