CAPTAIN MARVEL COMIC SALES CRUMBLING, AGAIN

Attached: FUCKING CANCER.png (1089x747, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EWh9JyUded8
youtube.com/watch?v=mQTn2TxWJCc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDK7miUhOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Prior to the release of the movie, Kevin Feige went on record stating Captain Marvel is one of the most popular characters in the comics; however, once again, Feige is proven dead wrong.

>With the publication of the third issue, the Captain Marvel series, which has been relaunched over a half dozen times, is crumbling and already approaching cancellation numbers. According to Comichron, the monthly sales for the third issue are at only 30,282.

>The sales for issue three mark a massive drop of over 72% from the first issue and a continued drop of near 20% from the second issue. Assuming the trend continues, look for the latest Captain Marvel relaunch to have failed - yet again

>What is also interesting is "all those" people that claim to be fans of Captain Marvel, obviously, don't support the comic. This is just another example of how divided the movies and the comics are and proves the movies should never ever be the inspiration for the comics. This is also further evidence that Kevin Feige doesn't care about the comics (case in point the Captain Marvel movie, Thor and Hulk in Endgame, etc), and that Feige and his team only cater to their brainless zombie movie audience.

Hey, it's more spam by that child rapist, Matt McGloin!

Hey, Matt! Allowed near schools yet?

Marvel keeps giving books to Kelly Thompson on accident instead of Robbie

What is this vitriolic editorializing, where's this from?

Stop shilling your outragebait here, Pedo McGroin.

Some outraged Nova fanboy who raped his nephew and runs his own comics blog.

Everything is wrong with the way Dsney is working with Marvel comics.
See the covers and the arts of Captain Marvel
Looks like that boring children's books
Art is bad because heroes do not look like comic heroes look like they came out of an illustration for 5 year old kids
The stories are boring, and has already proved the target audience that Disney wanted to hit, the female public has refused this Captain Marvel
And the male public also abandoned when she turned Captain Marvel
Disney is doing is a masterclass on how not to make superhero comics.
All of these people, especially from the top, should be fired

OP, here
I am not him
Is there a lie in what was said?
Or are you paid to defend the mouse?

I don’t give a shit about Carol but let’s be fair here, EVERYONE’S sales are crumbling. Even Batman and Spider-Man are selling less than 100K
>4. BATMAN #67 (DC) - 84,463 [5]
> 5. BATMAN #66 (DC) - 83,102 [7]
> 6. HEROES IN CRISIS #7 (DC) - 78,587 [8]
> 7. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #17 (MARVEL) - 78,464 [4]
> 8. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #18 (MARVEL) - 74,466 [9]
> 9. SPIDER-MAN CITY AT WAR #1 (MARVEL) - 72,285 [6]

Attached: titanic.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

So can you even talk to the rest of your family after raping your nephew? I'm seriously curious how you live after that.

>muh shillz
sound like you need to fuck off back too Yea Forums

Yeah, movies don't effect comic sales. We all knew this

How does reissues of classic material of the popular characters do?

Yes, but Captain Marvel has always been like this.
Always, no one likes this character

Spider-Man has been under 100K for a while now

sigh

I'm not talking about anyone's personal life here, I'm talking about comics.
If someone has a problem with justice,
>Let justice solve
Let's talk about comics not about people's personal lives

So they will relaunch her book, again, basically turning it in a constantly rebooted single TPB series that only survives because comic book shops are unable to not overorder #1s.

>Even Batman and Spider-Man are selling less than 100K

You do know that Batman used to sell 50K in the late 90's/early 00's, right? And Spider-Man about nine years ago was around the 50K range during Slott's first year?

I swear some of you bandwagon to scream "COMICS ARE DEAD" but only have knowledge of comics of only the last five to seven years.

I don't think anyone believes other people go to that site, besides Matt and the other weirdos he gets to write stuff for him. You USED to post links, but you got caught spamming, so now you just post and paste, because you just need people to see your name.

Who the fuck cares? You think you'll be famous for writing about comics instead of raping kids? One thing is a lot more attention grabbing than the other! Seriously, who would go to a blog that often has late information, or just flat out LIES! Even if it wasn't run by a pedophile.

Attached: ms marvel.jpg (1134x569, 188K)

Of course, talking about bad comics sales is /tv matter

Attached: c33.jpg (719x719, 62K)

>cancellation numbers
>30k
I mean, maybe back in the 80s. Though given the drop percentages Carol probably is going to stabilize in the mid-20k range, which isn't that great.

And it's currently selling way stronger than it was in the last few years of Slott's run, which itself only consistently broke the 100k mark through near-constant reboots and relaunches.

You raping your nephew is a lot more interesting than some gay comic blog.

damnit boogie, how many times do we have to teach you this lesson!?

Marvel failing again.
How is this news?

not only captain marvel's sales are going bad

Attached: MARVELRISING_001_CVR.jpg (1829x2776, 1.92M)

Not for Marvel or DC
To write an absurdity of these
show that you do not know the high values of making and putting a single magazine for sale

Oh shit, I'm liking this run! I guess I'll pick up a few issues next time I'm at the shop.

i read kelly sue deconnicks run on cm and made it 4 issues before dropping it. its just so horrendously bad. the art is basically a movie storyboard. i want to be able to know the general theme or story of a page by looking at the art work alone and there was nothing there. the writing was just bland at its best and absolute anti superhero and its worse. the story was boring.
>mysterious alien appears
>cm goes to her planet and meets the aliens family and culture and shit
>cm started fights or downright acted like a bully with people who didnt need to be fought or hit or anything. an alien asking her for ID does not warrant a 3 panels of it getting its ass kicked.
>le epic star wars references

it makes DK2 look like the great gatsby in comparison. just pure fucking shit.

Attached: captain marvel.jpg (300x450, 32K)

Honestly, I'm ok with all the hot incel tears at Captain Marvel's prominence lately.
But I refuse to give clicks or attention to incestuous pedophiles.

Attached: 1385662391465.jpg (300x311, 15K)

>Kelly Thompson
Mr & Mrs X is an OK book, probably because Rogue is a better character than Craptain Marvel.

What if he was just incestuous OR just a pedophile?

I think they were burning books hard to get a captain marvel series going. Now that the movie is over they are dropping the lies and its all revealing its crap.

Captain Marvel has always sold poorly though, it’s why they kept relaunching the book over and over again. I don’t get how this is news.

>know your meme filename
oh my bad Yea Forums is where you belong

Don’t tell me this isn’t doing well! It stars everyone’s favorite female superheroes!

Why can't Marvel make something cool like My Hero Academia?

Attached: rghkm05838.jpg (900x660, 88K)

How often does this pedo still spam the board? I thought he stopped a while ago.

big chungus?

Movies tend to impact trade sales more than floppies; Marvel needed a good collection of trades to push, which meant keeping the series afloat since Carol has only been Captain Marvel for a few years. Relaunching was simply a way of creating temporary demand spikes.

Honestly KSD was more boring than terrible. Also the time-travel story pretty much derailed the comic from the outset.

This.
I dont know how she keeps getting work.
Didnt West Coast Avenger bomb as well?

I know! We'll relaunch the book and get those #1 sales

Attached: Carol drink.jpg (1497x1497, 361K)

It’s crazy that comics as a whole sell less than a football stadium worth of people compared to movies

You should read the America series starring America Chavez! It’s about her attending a university where mutants, super powered characters, and even a dancing combat squad are the students!

Why did you rape your nephew, Matt?

>that final line
Oh another mediocre article by that site, isnt it?

SJWs.

That is an absolutely pathetic number following a major cinematic release that was shilled to hell and back.

sounds cool, I'll text the fatso from my LCBS to see if he has some back issues.

This is a joke, right?

West Coast Avengers was the fucking worst and she should be ashamed
I hate you Kelly Thompson for ruining my precious Gwenpool
I hope a google alert lets you see this comment

I can't believe there are people who unironically defend it.

youtube.com/watch?v=EWh9JyUded8

I mean she's getting a lot of relaunches in the past few years so whats the harm with another one.

>Carol probably is going to stabilize in the mid-20k range
Wishful thinking?

>America Chavez is Yea Forums's Boku no Pico
Sounds fun

By the nine divines what a heresy

>CosmicBookNews

is anyone really surprised at this point?

That's not that pedophile's site, is it?

>>"news" from that CasualGate website
I trust them as much as an article from The Mary Sue.

>CasualG
I thought that shit was long over? People still watch youtube?

Based. Now they can move even further away from the comic book version and hopefully never bring up that shitty costume she first had

Check TheQuartering's video catalog on Youtube. Almost 40+ videos on Captain Marvel alone.

>only pedos hate CM
K

But who actually likes Carol?

Shit, I don't know if I could make that many videos about the comic movie I hate the most.

Ang Lee's Hulk. I could probably talk 3 hours about it, but not much more.

>chunky Squirrel Girl with a cute face
Nice.

Attached: Based Pierce.jpg (1515x2048, 374K)

>people on Yea Forums are willing to call some blogger a pedo to defend their favourite hero
>but not spend $5 a month on her shitty comoc

Well, what do you call a guy who raped his nephew? Kid was like 13 at the time, I think.

That might have to do with the fact that Tom King and Nick Spencer are two of the most hated writers in the industry

this is bait

She's kind of annoying, but the right amount of annoying... if that makes sense.

I got bored of MHA because I could never get into "it's just a school for superhero" premise. I've already read X-Men and New Mutants, I don't need more, I'm over it. It's done.

It is

You don't see a Spiderman movie being released every week

>even pedos know CM is shit
Figures.

DC if you see this, I used to buy Batman and want to again, just remove King form Batman and put someone good on.

Batfags are retarded. News at 11.

Weakest b8 I've seen all week.
Take your (you) and go

Answer the question first, please.

Don't worry, MHA just recently reached unfathomable levels of shittyness, so you don't miss much

Academia is great, fuck off.

>and not one person is surprised by this

Academia is the most generic shit ever... You only consume that shit because is anime/manga.

You know I want to agree with you but from what it looks like to me Disney is the only company unifying the marvel IPs again. Thing is a lot of people dont like where its going.

Isn't the guy that wrote that article one of the main guys still pushing it? Isn't this all part of that MRA shit?

I'm pretty sure the title of pedophile is well deserved if you fuck a child.

Vigilantes is wayyyy better

Attached: 1534107568745.png (350x480, 8K)

More than seven Rescues, Limes, Quirks?

Better than any Marvel comics right now.

Cope more faggot

It ain't better than Morrison's GL. The artwork alone is miles ahead.

Good thing this doesn't effect Captain Marvels billion dollar movie(s). Only reason I watched was for Larson anyway

>want own Wonderwoman
>cover up skin(when WW doesn't)
>give her dyke hair for whatever reason(that WW doesn't have)
>give her the most OP generic powers and a shit personality

They expected what?

Attached: oh snap.jpg (480x360, 10K)

BASED

Attached: caplol.jpg (640x574, 269K)

When will they learn that in this day and age they need to abandon comic stores and start emphasizing the online version, and go back to newsstands with their most successful titles?
Do they really expect neophytes to the market to look for and go to comic book stores?

Shilling your site again, McGloin?

How sad is that this is their mentality with all comics

Oh boy I can't wait to hear how it's my fault for not buying a shitty comic.

The only people to blame are OP for supporting that child rapist, Mcgroin.

>Christian Behr, sales director at publisher Egmont Ehapa, said five million copies of LTBs are sold annually, or an average of around 420,000 a month. The 500th edition was published this week.
From 2017, but it was the only number I could find.
Just found it interesting to compare.

Fuck off Mcgroin, I already know this comic is shit.

When can we tell them that Batman hasn’t had a good ongoing run since the 80s

30K after 3 issues feels pretty good for Carol's book. Feel like they are usually in the 20s by now.

Make a good story with good writer instead of pandering you dumbasses.

Does Carol have ANY supporting cast other than Spider-woman?

I actually thought there was some hope they'd AT LEAST go back to having long-ish hair after the movie did so well ... then in End Game they went Full Dyke Cut.

Attached: Captain Marvel 001 adam hughes.jpg (1201x1800, 1.59M)

anything Shonen Jump >>>>> modern big two

We're here to shit on Carol, no one cares about your eceleb drama.

avengers academy you idiot

100K was never normal sales in the industry. even with movie craze.

>rodent themed superhero
>kind of annoying

Nothing wrong with that tbqh

Why isn't capeshit based on weird stuff the writer found on wiki?

Take Fireman vs. Iceman. Theres a huge gap between how it is handled in america and japan.

MCU fans? It made 1 billion

I hate CM but I'm glad they weren't doing double standards and eventually did follow the source material and finally gave her dyke hair.

But nobody is buying her comic.

>They expected what?
1 billion which is much more than what WW made

user in todays sjw controlled society you can not judge women or black people on merit. you have to praise them and give them important positions regardless of talent or be called a racist, sexist, alt right trump supporter by liberals, the media and twitter before getting fired and punshed in the face for "being a nazi"

>muh billion
Real arguments, please.

Except it was no different in Slott's run. It sold in almost or more than this. Stop making dumb shit up

I actually like this. Also, this book is for kids

Cry more

You need to go kill yourself or get raped

And also, you never mention digital sales

But this charts only show sales of physical copies
its kinda logical that printed comic sales goes down

Why would they publish boring generic shonen?

>Or are you paid to defend the mouse?
WHAT THE MOUES WANTS
THE MOUSE GETS

So, what would we rather have? Carol who's dressed like a stripper but is kind-hearted and heroic, or one who is dressed in a uniform but is cold and brash?

>playing down MASSIVE earnings in a thread about poor sales
Cope

Movies have been shown time and time again to do pretty much nothing for the comics.

Is it wrong of me that I rather like this version of Doreen?
Who also seems to be getting taller and taller?

If only they hadn't spent so much of it buying tickets

Would you say it's your favorite Marvel comic right now?

Want the soldier

>earnings
you know nothing about money, kid.

Attached: I don't care.png (625x626, 35K)

Ikr. Shame Shazam and Wonder Woman didn't do the same. They were smart when they did it with Aquaman though

Money talks and more people want to pay to see foot fungus than any other DC hero

>i read kelly sue deconnicks run on cm and made it 4 issues before dropping it. its just so horrendously bad.

Eh, I rather liked that story and most of Deconnick's stuff.

Stohl's run, however, is indefensible.

Go for it.
It's really, really shitty.

I like the character.... essentially. She hasn't had a decent comic in years, however.

Attached: Amazing.jpg (1139x1064, 474K)

Heroic stripper Carol would have a chance to be likeable. Her better known personality and the new uniform haven't done her any favors.

He’s right. I at least have fun with MHA

Kind-hearted and heroic, would seriously contrast with the rest of the MCU and would feel like she's actually bringing something new to the table beyond "she so strong"

I feel like something similar may potentially happen to the character within the MCU as well in that their may be overestimating how popular and profitable she will be in the long run assuming if they are going to push her as a new key central character within the MCU and they don’t either significantly improve her character or her Brie Larson to step up her acting
Not some anons in this thread have probably already pointed out her solo film making just over a billion worldwide but I think that may not be reflective of the star power of the character herself
Remember it was released after infinity war and effectively right before endgame when the MCU hype train was in full swing and many people would have wanted to see every film to not miss anything on top of the whole ‘girl power’ narrative the media was pushing and neither of these factors had very little with the character herself aside from her being female
I say it’s best to just wait and see how she fairs being a new major character for the MCU without captain America or iron man and the other characters that died in endgame or in infinity war and weren’t brought back and also with the Thanos/infinity stones storyline being wrapped up
Not to mention many people likely have already made up their minds on whether they like her character or not and last time I checked the reception to her solo film was not entirely positive

Marvel and DC hire based on skin or genitals, not talent or love of comics

Dude, like just make her have a cross-over with Wolverine. It works every time.

We really don't have to wait and see. The Captain Marvel comic is selling like shit despite coming out around the same time as the blockbuster movie, and Brie Larson's other movie that recently came out flopped to an embarrassing extent. Nobody likes Carol Danvers, and nobody likes Bree Larson. It's an utterly baffling decision on the part of the Mouse why they thought it would work. They would have been better off just creating a brand new character, since nobody knew who Captain Marvel was anyway.

I think the most frustrating thing is Carol conceptually could work, they just keep writing her as dogshit

Samefag is BOOTY BLASTED

Only a shill or a newfag would claim this place hasn't been infested since WELL before the chan/channel split.

Kill yourself either way faggot

Source of the image? Series/Issue#/etc?

Maybe they'll finally give her to a male writer who writes superhero comics first and SJW comics second.

Why would nuMarvel suddenly stop exclusively hiring SJWs?

>CosmicBookNews

Casualgate plz

Still mad Waid is getting dabbed on?

Attached: dabbing octopus man.jpg (310x271, 24K)

Long hair is garbage

It's wasting a slot on something nearly guaranteed to fail at this point rather then try something new that might succeed

A man can dream, user.

They should be humble and call starlin

No that sounds reasonable with how these books go

Kind-hearted and heroic would go very well with 'insanely overpowered'.

That's the original Ms.Marvel series by Chris Claremont from 1977.

Found the lesbian.

>No that sounds reasonable with how these books go
I thought Captain Relaunch usually gets canceled after about 5 issues.

I honestly wouldn't mind arrogant, brash and headstrong Carol in a uniform if it was treated like a weakness/flaw in some respects and not a constant strength.

Attached: captain-marvel.jpg (1200x675, 134K)

You thought wrong and listened to casualgate.

Movies out, they want to see if sales improve.
No ones gonna read a shit book though

Attached: captain marvel relaunches.jpg (776x4250, 711K)

marvelcucks btfo

Right! Carol was consistently written as someone who was unaware she had a split personality even after she had actually realized that she was.

Example: after her two sides were reunited, THIS happened...

Subtle, isn't it?

So have her soldier-but-human side be a bit out of synch with her soldier-and-Kree side... and without realizing it, they're different. As a Kree, she is arrogant, imperious and belligerent... as a human, she is far more reserved and dutiful.

Attached: Ms. Marvel (1977-1979) 013-011.jpg (2100x3000, 2.38M)

The former, how the fuck is that a question?

>So, what would we rather have?
I would rather they stop pushing this shit character.

So what's actually wrong with the character these days anyway?

Fully admit I don't think I've read a book with Carol in it published after 1990, and while I never loved her I always thought she was interesting enough, should definitely be able to carry a solo book.

nah, that's dumb

The fact they don't call someone really good to write her

She's a flying brick and every single plot twist is "it was secretly a skrull the whole time". This stops being surprising sometime between the first time, and before it happened for the first time.

She's just really boring and one-dimensional because they're too focused on making her ICONIC and YAS KWEEN to give her a real personality. She was never a great character before, but at least she felt like a character and not a plot device. The worst part is that she has plenty of potential to be the character they want her to be and to assume the role as Marvel's Wonder Woman if they'd just stop trying to market to feminists who want female characters to be little more than quotable/screencappable validation machines and hired someone who doesn't care about social media politics to give her an actual personality and a run that fits in the superhero genre. Ideally, Nu-Carol would basically be the Hal Jordan of Marvel, an arrogant and headstrong jarhead who makes up for an abrasive personality with huge brass balls and a genuine heroic spirit. Stop focusing on how iconic and meaningful she is and start actually making stories which elevate her to that status.

Attached: carol.jpg (700x1090, 113K)

Gee, man. I don't know.

>Alcoholic, fun-loving brick with a heart of gold.

or

>Unlikable cunty dyke that shoots "I WIN" beams.

>Stop focusing on how iconic and meaningful she is
The main problem is that she is neither iconic, nor meaningful. She's an extremely forgettable literal who. The only time she was even close to being interesting was when she was "drunk on the job", but even that's been done far better with other characters.

>The main problem is that she is neither iconic, nor meaningful.
That's my point. Try to actually elevate her to that status through showing instead of just telling us she's iconic now for no reason.

i've never said anything mean about kind hearted strippers, they always treat me nice even though money is involved.

Better than being treated like shit by a dyke for free.

Attached: 76d7e6679e7632baed2ca92de39e3754.jpg (605x720, 68K)

I thought I saw one of her recent reboots stabilize right under 20k

DAMN that's worse than I thought lol

This is actually an issue with a lot of female characters being pushed lately -- they want to give them the same status and iconicism of their male counterparts but they have zero interest in putting in the work so they just jump straight to the "you this character is so meaningful and special, please let her replace Superman and Spider-Man in your hearts."

>they always treat me nice even though money is involved.
they always treat you nice entirely because money is involved

>that last panel
she was kinda stacked

Reminds me of the first page of America.

literally sana amanat's mindset... "it's the masks and superhero names that matter... as long as they're "diverse"!"

Her stories are bad, not just run of the mill bad its why did trees die to print this garbage bad. You can tell marvel wants to make her their new go to female hero but at the end of the day she's just bland not terrible those are her stories she's just boring.
Its hard to explain but most of them it feels like she has no personality and whenever she is given one its a cop who enjoys police brutality. The writers want you to see this as a good thing because shes "independent" takes shit from "no man", but as its drags on from human to aliens you start to get the feeling she's just a tyrant who wants everyone to do exactly as she says.

Let's look back on the female characters that are actually organically popular for a moment and see what they have in common

>Wonder Woman
>She-Hulk
>Harley Quinn
>Power Girl
>Catwoman
>Supergirl
>Kamala Kahn, for a more recent example
Oh, what's that? They're all characters who had legitimately enjoyable runs at one point or another and who built up popularity over time instead of just suddenly getting force-fed down our throats while their creators screamed about how iconic they are? That's crazy.

Her problem is unironically that she is written by women, and women have no idea what confidence and independence mean beyond "act like a crazy douchebag and get away with it."

If they had just tried giving her to a solid male writer like Al Ewing she'd probably be pretty genuinely based by now.

This pic again:
The Mighty Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel by Stohl is the same series, only renumbered in Legacy, and the Life of Captain Marvel is a miniseries disconnected from the previous series, made in time for the movie (where they give her a "new" origin and long hair).

But fine, just keep reposting it, not like anyone here cares enough to look into this to see if it's truthful.

>just give her to an effeminate SJW soiboy
Uhh... I don't think that would have helped.

Reminder that those sales figures are store stock only, not what customers bought. For all you know all 30k of those books are rotting on shelves.

Barring Harley Quinn, most of them are heroes first then super.
Captain Marvel puts the horse before the cart, she's super first and she's never a hero. She feels like a government worker forced to be there enforcing her rules and not really giving a shit about anything else
Ironically its a problem with a lot of male writers too, focusing so much on confidence and independence not enough on actually being a hero.
Example do you think Riri williams was a a good hero compared to say She-Hulk or Kamala?

Bendis is in a field of shittiness all in itself that goes beyond any stereotypical problems with writers of either gender.

Ewing is a good writer who is adept at using a character's history creatively to inform their future. Learn your shit.

>She feels like a government worker forced to be there enforcing her rules and not really giving a shit about anything else
but even this could work if they wrote it well enough.

I don't know this story, is it Cosmicbook?

Didn't he get to write her in Ultimates before Civil War 2 fucked her up for good?

You forgot Storm and maybe Rogue, who sort of followed that formula, though.
But to be fair, Storm was very much a Mary Sue under Claremont and Wonder Woman has been actually pushed as a feminist icon for decades without a lot of sales to back it up.

>goes beyond any stereotypical problems with writers of either gender
He does share a bunch of stereotypical problems with a bunch of current hacks. Retcons, padding, disregard for characterization and continuity...

But Wonder Woman had the TV show and years of merchandising/appearances in media outside of comics to back that up. Even if her comics weren't necessarily that popular, she definitely had an established presence outside of them.

>could work if they wrote it well enough.
But they can't and thats the problem, i can't even count on them to make basic heroic stories you think they can pull of a government worker who does her job because its right but is secretly bored of the monotony of fighting villains?

Let’s start pushing Songbird or Tigra, instead

I can see Songbird, not Tigra. Songbird has a lot of material to work worth.
Shit user thats actually a great idea im more excited about this then current Captain Marvel.

Haha, the fuck? Wasn't that case already thrown out because discovery found out, once again, that there was no tortious interference? Or are you still clinging at the out of context text messages that were actually explained in the same document as requests for clarification?

>Issue 3 at 30k
Better for Danvers than last year I guess.

>and every single plot twist is "it was secretly a skrull the whole time"
Skrulls haven't been part of her stories for a long time, and I mean a LONG time. Why do you pretend to know about her comics?

No, it wasn't thrown out. You heard wrong. It's still going on and Waid is stalling because he's in trouble.

ONE MILLION

You nigger, DISNEY LITERALLY BOUGHT that to control the damage, even black panther sold more because the movie itself wanst a SJW autistic marathon, and the movie was far miles better than captain left.

if you apply the rule of 3, Billy beat Carol by a large margin on cinemas alone.

Back to the basic
back to the old suit, but upgrade
Stop making the character be so arrogant
Get back the name Ms Marvel, because sounds less arrogant
Put the best writers and the best artists who know how to draw and write
Make THE Marvel comics art style, not this garbage made today
That it has been proved that it does not sell
Forget the MCU, Marvel comics is something else
And create exclusive villains for Ms Marvel.

Attached: a890071d63f60c65d5bca4226f819714.jpg (1448x2200, 321K)

No, Carol is still the best choice for the frontrunning female hero, they just need to do it right.

user you're too fucking young and retarded

Leotards were used in gyms back in the 90's along with leggins

That had fucking years to “do her right” and they’ve fumbled at every turn thus tainting the IP. She needs to be benched

>back to the old suit, but upgrade
I like the new suit a lot, that was never the issue

>Stop making the character be so arrogant
I like the idea of her being arrogant so long as it's treated like a character flaw

>Get back the name Ms Marvel, because sounds less arrogant
Captain Marvel works. Besides Kamala is Ms. Marvel now.

>Make THE Marvel comics art style, not this garbage made today
House style is pretty gay

>And create exclusive villains for Ms Marvel.
One of the few points I agree on, although she already has Moonstone and Mystique.

Nah, Waid keeps digging himself deeper into a hole, because he doesn't understand what he did wrong, and things the law works like Twitter, where if you scream "nazi" enough, you win.

That's stupid. If the problem is execution why bench a perfectly reasonable character with potential?

>Stripper
You’re either underaged or have never seen a stripper. I swear people are becoming Amish or something

SOI BOIS

Attached: 234.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Because we need a damn break from her until they sort their shit out. I’d recommend bringing back her struggle with drinking as a start, but good luck giving her a character flaw these days. I WANT to like Carol, but we need to give someone else a shot right now

>If the problem is execution why bench a perfectly reasonable character with potential?
Why do faggots always say this?
The idea behind the character was not interesting, and it has never been good, so why the fuck keep on continuing with the same boring failure of a character?

>I like the new suit a lot, that was never the issue

LMAO

Attached: GOAT.png (1503x1194, 2.63M)

lmfao "surely, THIS time Marvel is finished!" cries desperate clickbait for the 100th time

What you meant to say was,
>"Surely, THIS time it will work!"

So you want them to just do the same with another character even though they wouldn't change up their strategy at all, meaning it'd just end the same way?

>the idea behind the character was not interesting
I disagree.

I fail to see your point with this picture. It has nothing to do with the costume itself and everything to do with the art and Brie Larson.

Personally I never particularly like the Ms. Marvel costume. It wasn't very distinctive or interesting. If they were to go backwards, I'd prever the Red and Black Warbird era costume since that at least was striking and visually interesting.

But, as I said, I think the new costume can work under the right artist.

Attached: captain marvel1.jpg (1920x2898, 1.1M)

Ms Marvel looks like the classic supe hero of comics, Captain Marvel looks like anything don't look like a super hero
I think the lack of femininity, the lack of curves and the lack of muscles
The suit, maybe the whole thing that makes the character seem so off
You look and feel something wrong.
In comics shop, you usually buy the magazine by the cover and the art
This Captain Marvel is not good for the eyes.

>In comics shop, you usually buy the magazine by the cover and the art
What? No I don't.

I didn’t say that at all you moron

Nope, she’s terrible give another character a shot.
Because she’s been given near a decade of exposure give another female hero a shot.
I can’t stand another decade of her

We have the Marvel comics lawyer here

Attached: 1488898141870.jpg (724x849, 225K)

Well I mean, that's what would happen, you realise. The problem is the execution, so changing characters would literally solve nothing.

Again, there would be no point in "giving someone else a shot" because it would yield the exact same results.

Personally I can't help but feel that people only miss the Ms. Marvel costume because they think its loss is a sign of the times as far as covering up female characters go. They may not be wrong, but objectively speaking I never thought it was an interesting costume anyway.

Maybe killing her is the best thing.
A dignified and heroic death

Attached: WE.jpg (248x203, 7K)

>A dignified and heroic death
She doesn't really deserve one of these yet because, again, they haven't actually taken the necessary steps towards giving her the reputation they claim she has. She would just be cannon fodder at best. No one would care.

Oh look someone said something negative about Carol Danvers noting the sales decline, then suddenly the cuck corps descend on mass to attempt to discredit O.P with ad hominems.

ALL YOUR CAPESHITTERS, ALL YOUR CAPESHITTERS.

Attached: 4203889533a5613998047l_400x400.jpg (400x400, 46K)

It goes without saying they should change tactics too. Or do you really need that much spoon feeding? How dumb are you? Carol conceptually can work, we just need a goddamn break

>Matt McGloin
This guy needs to get a life... or take his own.

>Again, there would be no point in "giving someone else a shot" because it would yield the exact same results.
>There’s no reason to try and succeed because it’ll all end in failure anyway
When gold mines run out of gold you don’t keep digging you find a new one
captain marvels tapped out and doesn’t have any good stories to tell compared to some of the characters around her.

The problem with discussing Carol is that there's no room for any objective conversation about what to do with her character because you're either arguing with Carolfags who refuse to acknowledge that there's anything wrong with her or Carolhaters who will accept nothing short of killing her off and pretending she never existed.

I don't particularly like or dislike the character. I'm of the mind that she has some objective potential to be a workable premier female hero with the proper execution, but at the same time I'm not of the mind that she should just go back to being Ms. Marvel. On paper, there's nothing wrong with her becoming Captain Marvel and receiving a marketing push, but there should be a focus on actually establishing a reputation for the character through writing and showing us that she can be a solid female superhero and not on the common modern female character angle of just insisting she's iconic without any real justification.

Attached: captain marvel2.jpg (1821x2800, 678K)

>Again, there would be no point in "giving someone else a shot" because it would yield the exact same results.
>IF YOU DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT, IT WOULD BE THE SAME
do you even fucking listen to yourself

>Personally I can't help but feel that people only miss the Ms. Marvel costume because they think its loss is a sign of the times as far as covering up female characters go. They may not be wrong, but objectively speaking I never thought it was an interesting costume anyway.

The loss of the leotard means a tremendous step backwards
And this is something that many do not realize
Disney believes that covering Carol women will be interested
No!
Women and girls want to see athletic figures, because they know it's a comicbook
They want to open the window and see a fantasy world.
The Fantasy house is failing to make fantasy, it is a cruel irony
Disney has lost the formula of making comics
This current formula does not work

Attached: 1492171352983.jpg (1988x3056, 1.64M)

>They should change tactics too
Well, that's the point I was initially discussing. If you feel you need a break from the character, that's fine, but I'm more interested in discussing how to make the character work.

>captain marvels tapped out and doesn’t have any good stories to tell compared to some of the characters around her.
They literally haven't really attempted to tell any good stories using her character's history, though. They've mostly just meandered about with a host of female writers who have no idea what to do with her conceptually because they see her as an icon first and a character second. She still has a wealth of past history that could easily be drawn upon for creative storytelling and certainly more than Tigra. Though I suppose Songbird is a viable replacement, I'd really rather they just made Carol work instead of constantly switching to the next girl whenever their poor strategies don't pan out.

I'm a Carol hater, but I think there's potential for her in an alternate universe where they're not preoccupied with making her an iconic female hero and she's written way differently.
Like if she were a Kirk and constantly flirting with alien dudes, or a massive space racist that wants to exterminate all the xenos (like the murderCarol memes), those would appeal to me way more.

KT is a very good writer. Sometimes she goes a bit too far in the jokey jokey Whedonesque dialogue, but she's got serious craft chops if you pay attention to structuring.

Why do you type like that?

>The problem with discussing Carol is that there's no room for any objective conversation about what to do with her character
Here's the thing:

Just because a character exists does not mean that you have to continue using them.
You don't have to change them.
You don't have to kill them off.
You just admit "Well, this was a shit idea that has done nothing but fail, maybe we should quit while we're far, far behind", and never mention it ever again.

Few ideas
>Make her a drinker again
>Handicap her with the risk of going Hiroshima if her power/anger gets out of hand. The longer the fight drags out, the greater the risk
>struggles to maintain a life on Earth, which is what she really wants. Like for example her dating Spider-Man was her desperately trying to get some sort of normalcy
>Buddy cop shit with Jess

DC did it with Hawkman back in the 90s or thereabouts and it was for the best. Sometimes you need to let the ground lie for a season otherwise nothing will grow.

nobody reads comics anymore. nice try being selective with picking out a character who you'd expect to become more popular, though.

>I don't particularly like or dislike the character.
I like the character and hope that she can be given some real attention and characterization she deserves rather than the lifeless and bland, playing safe iconicism she's currently suffering because of.

>shitting up Spider-Man with captain literally who
No.

just came back from endgame, does someone has the webm of her getting Saitama'd by Thanos? That might be my favorite scene of any super hero movie now

The thing with Hawkman is that they're literally embracing what a complete fucking shitshow all of his constant retcons and relaunches over the years were.
His current story is "lol his """continuity""" is such a hilarious fucking non-existent shitshow that we can make a story out of that itself"

The point flying over your thick head is that any good would be unfortunately undermined by the bad press of late.
>”Hey did you read the new Captain Marvel? It’s gotten really good now”
>”Eh...I’m tired of seeing her. I’ll pass for now”
We’re not “giving up” on Carol, it’s for her own benefit in the long run. Also fuck you for not letting other heroines getting much needed reworks/attention.

Carol is like the Inhumans, a push made not because they have a good idea in the writing rooms but from on high because marketing and the suits want to target a key demographic come hell or high water.
And just like people said "Fuck the Inhumans we just want X-men stop being a moron", readers will gladly support dozens of Marvel's female characters but don't want Carol being forced into the slot of "Marvel's Wonder Woman".
And really, Marvel doesn't *need* a Wonder Woman.

Anybody got some links on McGloin? I've never heard of him

>Disney has lost the formula of making comics

Disney said it would never change the Marvel comics
10 years ago many people made jokes and memes about how Wolverine was going to fight Dippy Dawg
The joke was that Marvel was going to be a company more focused on children
After almost 10 years, we discovered that Disney lied and the memes were wrong.
The present is much worse than everyone imagined

Attached: tumblr_owbc9tQoj31svfxm1o1_1280.jpg (1280x795, 366K)

I don’t ship it you dipshit. I just acknowledged it happened

I've said it before, but making her Marvel's Hal Jordan would be A-Okay with me. The Kirk interpretation would be pretty fun, and I think even this current space cop interpretation would work if they'd try writing it like it's part of the superhero genre. But the problem is that modern female superheroes always need to be some kind of a statement. They're not allowed to just function on their character and storytelling like they used to because if they make one perceived misstep then social media watchdogs will be all over their asses. Really, it's a problem that plagues all storytelling nowadays -- no one is willing to take risks or defy the status quo because they're being monitored by people who have no real interest in the medium but who will jump down their throats and spread controversy the moment they see some out of context panel/quote/clip posted on a blog. Really, the problem with Carol is emblematic of the problem with this entire generation -- we're all so reactionary and convinced that we're victims. We're never ready to just watch how things unfold -- we have to react the moment it seems something isn't going our way.

Attached: captain marvel5.jpg (675x1024, 100K)

Exactly the problem. It's the same with uber-smart characters. You have reed being the smartest for decades, over half a century, story after story, after story showing him being brilliant, heroes considering him brilliant, solving stuff with his intellect.
And here comes moongirl. A small child. With like, one or two years of existence as a character.
She is now smarter than reed. And you have to accept it, because they said so.
No. This is not how it works. Recognition takes time. If Moongirl survives decades of readers wanting to read about her being the smartest, like they did for reed, THEN she is the smartest. Not before.

Attached: thanks_doom.jpg (326x343, 68K)

They're doing that now, maybe, but I remember for a while he wasn't allowed to be used which is why Zauriel got invented.
But yeah, if Marvel had the balls they'd get meta with it like that and say that Carol as Captain Marvel is a result of that publicist she hired years ago positioning her in universe as a feminist icon and she's struggling to play a role.

I like the character, but her solo books have all been pretty bad. Like, I think i'd have to go back to Miss Marvel back around the Civil War to reach a point where I liked Carol's book?

We are friends, user.

Attached: skeleton_pimp.jpg (261x300, 19K)

>they see her as an icon first and a character second. She still has a wealth of past history that could easily be drawn upon for creative storytelling and certainly more than Tigra. Though I suppose Songbird is a viable replacement, I'd really rather they just made Carol work instead of constantly switching to the next girl whenever their poor strategies don't pan out.
I understand where you’re coming from but these past few years of accumulated bad storylines makes it hard to see any of the good left at all.
She’s been at the forefront and she has nothing to show for it if anything people have begun to dislike her, but you’ve hit the point on the head she needs good writers. They have to stop giving her to these writers who reboot her past with nonsensical plot lines.

She is a fantastic hero, and her look jives with the modern times. The various costume sales probably sold more than the comics.

The comic failed retention because the stories were bland and none of them have a single issue plot hook to keep people interested.
It's a travesty from a sales perspective because the movies were essentially drawing plenty of people in to want to read more about her. Literally, a billion dollar marketting side-effect failed because the product was lame. She serves plenty well as a symbolic ideal of empowered, it's just the modern history of hers lacks the heroic journey to get to that point. She climbs the ladder, there she is. Oh they abducted her and made her more powerful, there she is. Now she's S-tier.

Maybe with her second title film they'll give her a deep weakness or unending pursuit that is uniquely hers similar to Iron Man's PTSD fueled pursuit of global protection through technology or his missed connection with his parents. Likely something Cosmic that just keeps her connected to pursuing galaxy-wide protective efforts or something

but eh that's just how i've taken things

You're preaching to the choir. Female superheroes get shunted into a ghetto and it's a real problem.
Male superheroes fight ninjas, cyborgs, nazis, aliens, mutants, werewolves, wendigos, mobsters, zombies, nazis made of bees, giant monsters, robots, eldritch abominations, literal gods, and Stilt-man.
Female superheroes? They fight the patriarchy.
It might be in the costume of one of those other things but it's far too often just an allegory.
I lost faith in Carol escaping that way back in the first KSD run when Absorbing Man started telling her to go back to the kitchen.

I think the crux of the issue is that a lot of modern writers are more interested in how things look than in actually telling a story. They all have social media accounts and hashtags and seem more interested in reactions and impressions than in executing a story and letting it be considered a landmark after it's done and dependent on quality. It feels like we've just gotten creatively lazy. Gone are the days of writers like Denny O'Neil or Kurt Busiek or Alan Moore -- now we're saturated with attention whores who conflate getting a rise out of everyone with good storytelling. It's all flash and no substance, and maybe that's the way it's been going for a while now.

Attached: captain marvel7.jpg (921x1400, 299K)

What is with this marvelcuck obsession with thinking that every idea for a character is somehow fantastic, and it just needs a few tweaks to be "fixed"?

There is such a thing as a "bad character".

Attached: coldsteel.jpg (800x450, 43K)

>She is a fantastic hero, and her look jives with the modern times. The various costume sales probably sold more than the comics.
Because she's a t-shirt, not a character.
This comic is more relevant than ever before and it dates back to 2015 or thereabouts. It's never been about Carol's character, or a killer storyline of her's, or even just telling a good story. It's about getting lunchboxes and t-shirts with hamfisted empowerment slogans that were carefully focus grouped and tested in a lab.

Attached: CAStrip28Site.png (640x1324, 481K)

Feige can talk all day but it wouldn't cost the marvel film division one red cent to add something to the end credits that said: "Read more of these amazing stories at your local comic book store"

I wholeheartedly agree, and that's what I find so frustrating, really. If Carol was just a completely shitty and irredeemable character, then fuck her, who cares. But what truly gets under my skin is that I can see that she could easily serve in the role they're desperate to have her serve in. They just refuse to put in the time, effort and creativity. It's kind of like being a teacher and having a kid in your class who's clearly smart but who never applies himself. The potential is there waiting to be tapped, but no one's tapping it.

The last time Carol felt like an actual character was in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, an interpretation which actually cements my notion that her being an arrogant, headstrong military type could actually work if they'd just fucking write her properly.

Attached: captain marvel6.jpg (900x1365, 178K)

Nobody likes Marvel rising, just like nobody likes Captain Marvel. Marvel rising is like a ghetto DC Superhero Girls.

Unimaginative and bad writers think there are bad characters.

there's also a thing as a "so bad it's good character", like the pic you posted and mine

Attached: Sapphirus_Charater_Reference_by_SapphyDracases.jpg (596x600, 149K)

>She’s been at the forefront and she has nothing to show for it if anything people have begun to dislike her, but you’ve hit the point on the head she needs good writers. They have to stop giving her to these writers who reboot her past with nonsensical plot lines.
Marvel wanted a Wonder Woman.
They got it.

There are bad characters, though.

Attached: Sonichu.jpg (248x382, 19K)

This is fucking trash
The lines, the art
This is not a real Marvel superhero comic book

Still a small chance of hope after we see Squadron Supreme this month
But I still believe Marvel should get rid of these trojan horses fast

Attached: Avengers 018-008.jpg (3975x3056, 3.79M)

There's no such thing as a bad character. If you turned Coldsteel the hedgehog into a parody of grimdark characters who was woefully aware of the fact that his life is a series of edgy tropes and was determined to go from an edgy cardboard cutout to a full-fledged character who could grow past the limited archetypes he was cast into and redeem himself, that would be interesting.

There's no inherently bad character or inherently bad concept -- only bad writers.

Yep, yep. It goes beyond that. They want the character they push to be THE character. Of course, in connected universe, it doesn't work like that. Your period writing a character shouldn't be guaranteed to have them be the best. Growth requires lowpoints. Some people's runs are bound to be about a character being in the shitter. But no, we can't have that on a feminist icon.
Yep, yep, yep. It's ridiculously obvious. Like, you introduce a new JL run. Supes is shown in the first pages kicking alien invader ass, before the JL calls for him and he ups ups and aways.
Bruce, well, he's saving kids from deranged madmen, a single man taking down psycho after pyscho.
But Diana? Best case scenario, she's in a battlefield, fighting a useless schmuck soldier of a tyrant, who told her that
>women have no place in the battlefield and she should leave
and we're supposed to buy that. Literal goddess that tanks rockets. The world knows her. The soldier definitely knows her. He knows what she's capable of, it's common knowledge.
But now, he will, despite ANY FUCKING REASON OR LOGIC act like because she's a woman, he can take her down, just so that our heroine can have her grrrl powaaah moment.
Look, I get it. Teen starting superhero, with no obvious superpowers, getting cornered by bad guys on the street? Yeah, they'll think they can take her, because she's a weak girl, apparently. But with someone like Diana? Who is world known in universe and obviously superpowered? This shit is obscene and IT KEEPS FUCKING HAPPENING.
It ruins the characters, it makes for shitty runs.

Attached: no_need_to_spoil_the_obvious.png (577x441, 517K)

>I actually like this because I am SJW Also, this book is for kids

And this is the big fucking problem!
They do not have to make comics for kids, for little girls, for women!
They have to make quality comics for everyone!
Marvel comics is not Disney comics!

Marvel is especially bad about it because they kept using Absorbing man who was the actual opposite character what with being married to a female supervillain that rivals She Hulk in physical strength.

>There's no such thing as a bad character.
Yes, there is.
This is why people call you marvelcucks.
You defend the absolute worst shit imaginable, then pretend that it's "fixed" when it hasn't changed shit, because you're incapable of understanding why a character was a bad idea in the first place.

The structuring of WCA was ass though

The problem with Captain Marvel is that she has the potential but a sea of bad writers have crippled her, now whenever I see her I can only see the bad and not the decent stories of her past.
Cartoon was good, but the constant rebooting in the comics just makes her entire storyline schizophrenic, barring her getting an actual good writer I can’t think of anything but putting her on ice for a few years.

The voice talent for Marvel Rising and the casting directors at Marvel, in general, should be applauded. The stories in the cartoons are like the 90's level plot-lines meant for the younger generation almost meant to push merch more than substance, thus the stories are dramatically simpler with a few two line morality of the story moments "... and that's how things are good".
You don't get into deep characterization stories with 12-minute cartoon meant to hold a 30-minute time-slot or a 20-minute cartoon meant ot hold a 1 hour time-slot. Especially if it's following the Disney formula.

Comparing the comics to the cartoons is like comparing apples to fish sticks.

Just me or this looks better than the actual Avengers and Justice League?

Attached: 1539988005652.png (395x239, 87K)

Why should I care about the opinion of a child molester though?

With an excellent art and a John Byrne writing I'll easily buy a comics with this Power Princess

See. It’s about context and execution. Lobo for example would be a shit character if played straight

>The problem with Captain Marvel is that she has the potential
Just stop.
I realize that your average capeshitter has the IQ of your average goldfish, therefore begins clapping like an autistic retard when, say, some x-fag dies and is brought back for the hundreth time, but functional human beings don't randomly forget "that time carol's son raped her to give birth to himself". You are better off starting from scratch after something like that, not partaking in a futile effort to shine shit.

That is why Lobo is a good character, and nuLobo was not a good character.
There is such a thing as a bad character.

I think this is kind of what always happens when a medium becomes popular. It suddenly gets packed with people who don't actually care about it all that much and are just there for the attention, and then you get runs like America and Captain Marvel and Squirrel Girl which are just completely detached from the genre because the people writing them think superheroes as a concept need "fixing". Maybe we're past the point of no return. Maybe having a full-fledged live action superhero universe came at the terrible price of bringing in the kind of people who just don't care about comics.

>barring her getting an actual good writer I can’t think of anything but putting her on ice for a few years.
See, now when you phrase it like that, I completely understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Marvel is ever going to climb out of its own ass long enough to realise what they're doing wrong with their female characters, so maybe just stopping is a better idea. But, then, stopping would show that they're even somewhat self-aware and, if that were the case, they'd be aware enough to give her a real writer.

Attached: degradation of a hobby.jpg (2404x1260, 831K)

No one is defending this shit you retard. You on the other hand can’t understand context, execution, or what makes a good writer. It’s faggots like you who act like Bendis or Slott, thinking “lame” characters are only good for being jokes or cheap deaths

Nubo COULD have been good if he was a parody of 00’s edgelord characters/cheap action stars and didn’t outright replace old Lobo. AGAIN, context

No, not just you.

Imagine if Nubo was a parody of those bishie bad boy psychopath types that women go gaga for, complete with some Harley Quinn type Tumblr fangirl he couldn't get rid of? Now that might have been fun.

There's always a kid series of comics produced for heroes though. And I mean like really young kid friendly plot-lines.
Even for Iron Man (maybe especially for IM at the time), I remember grabbing the entire set of Armor Wars expecting an updated callback the original Armor Wars series. No that sheet was Tony Stark running around with kid gloves against villians who also had their kid gloves on, just playing where in the world is carmen sandiago. It's fine and fun, and I gave the set to the neighbor's son who enjoyed it.

It's just that it'd be nice to see a mature version for the hero that has definitely had a mature past and for it to approach a heroes journey.

>Nubo COULD have been good if he was a parody of 00’s edgelord characters/cheap action stars and didn’t outright replace old Lobo.
No, he couldn't.

>It’s faggots like you who act like Bendis or Slott
No, you're acting like Bendis or Slott, where you just go "EVERY CHARACTER IS A GOOD IDEA... and I'll just let someone else hammer out the details!"
Some character ideas are just fucking terrible.

>and proves the movies should never ever be the inspiration for the comics.
On the contrary it proves the comic department should be replaced by people who made movies.

This is the real problem.

At some point the comic book industry stopped hiring actual writers and started hiring fanboys and, later, fangirls with no talent.

This. It's not like the shit they're churning out nowadays is ever going to get made into movies anyway.

So you have no point and are just throwing a fucking fit by saying “No! No! No!” Repeatedly? And Bendis/Slott are the exact opposite you retard

>Some character ideas are just fucking terrible.

then you take the idea for the character and boil it down to a single sentence that states the premise then rebuild it from there

for captain marvel as an example,

abducted woman, brainwasted by aliens and given superpowers, arrogant, cocky, abrasive, antisocial but ultimately well intentioned hero.

there you have the good backbone of a character, a backstory, basic personality and character flaws, and that despite the fact their flawed are ultimately a good person out to do right.

You can do this with ANY character if your willing to do the research into them them and put actual effort into trying to write them as characters and not let yourself as a writer interfere to much,because being emotionally invested in a character is when a character goes bad.

Bendis/Slott are literally the archetypal example of retards defending "every character is a fantastic character that just needs a good writer", which is never the case. Riri and Miles are still absolute dogshit characters, because they are bad character ideas.

Because you have the memory of a goldfish.
Most people have at least a slighter better memory than you, therefore don't randomly forget every single piece of a character's history in between issues. If you're just going to retcon every single thing about a character that makes then awful, congrats, you still have an awful character, because now the character's entire history doesn't make any sense, so you would still be better off starting from scratch.

I can't believe someone could actually have such mediocre taste

>create exclusive villains for Ms Marvel.
While she can always use some more she already has some good ones although some of them would have to get their powers buffed

Attached: deathbird.jpg (1054x876, 404K)

Crumbling implies they were ever doing good to begin with.

so i suppose you fucking despise nu52?

No, THEYRE SHIT WRITERS. Just say you don’t like characters and leave it at that. Spider-Verse fucking proves Miles can work. And those two are unimaginative fucks like yourself who love to shit on characters like Toyman

>Mile can work
>Literally replace Mile with another character
>The only similar thing between two characters is their name

Yeah nah.

Marvel actually does have to use "Captain Marvel", or DC will swipe it from them.
>Riri and Miles are still absolute dogshit characters, because they are bad character ideas.
Almost everybody likes Into the Spider-Verse though, which just goes to show that Miles can be done well by people not named Bendis.

>Moonstone
>Deathbird
>Mystique
Are there any other existent characters who could work as a Carol villain? They could probably lend her Titania from She-Hulk every now and then,

Unsurprisingly, shit writers make shit characters.
Miles and Riri are just as awful in their current comics as they were before, because they are bad character ideas.

Have another (You), whore. We all know it’s what you really want

Comic Mile and movie Mile have literally zero connection

He isn't entirely wrong whereas comic Miles is concerned. Guy's a bargain bin Peter and very much replaceable.

Miles character concept is fantastic, and Spider-verse writers alone did a fantastic job condensing it all in to something that was award-winningly fantastic on every level from character to story to tech.

Riri is one which touches on a space that could be done a lot better in the same way if they want to bring the post Iron Man technology world to the fore. The Iron Heart, Rescue, and Armor Wars could introduce plenty of character concepts, including Dr Doom.
I could easily see Riri introduced with regards to Stark Foundation grants to collegiate scholars. Had plenty of friends in college where she could follow in their shoes in terms of academic dreams, career and importantly tribulations.

Bendis' heart was in the right place, but his perspective was shit. The character concept is reasonable.

if you have a shit character there is no fucking choice but to reboot with a new interpretation you thick as pigshit mongoloid.

My favorite interdimensional naked loli!

Attached: 1519256180928.jpg (600x900, 67K)

Mile character concept is fucking garbage

>What if we take Spiderman
>But make him black
>Let him quip too
>Just like the old Spiderman
>But this time he is black
>Oh and give him lightning power too
>Because he is black u no
>Also he can now turn invisible
>So keel
>You let him touched you so you lost

Attached: eh5.png (142x340, 49K)

>blackface peter is a fantastic idea

You are forgetting that maybe we want to call the guy a pedo and hate captain marvel.

>Miles character concept is fantastic, and Spider-verse writers alone did a fantastic job condensing it all in to something that was award-winningly fantastic on every level from character to story to tech.

Miles concept was lazy and bad, just like the bald fuck himself who created him. It took the effort of actually good writers of animated films to make the character actually good.

What's up Marvel shill? What's it like to do it for free?

Attached: 1556635187590.png (409x356, 132K)

Honestly, I'd like a hybrid costume: the Captain Marvel-era design, but sleeveless and looking more like spandex. Add the long gloves and maybe the boots. Unzip it at the top to show off a little cleavage; not just for titillation, but to make the design less suffocating.

I don't know. I feel like the black suit is too revealing (though it's very hot), while the current look is too claustrophic and personality-less. It's even worse because then you have a bare head, and it throws the whole look off.

>You think you'll be famous for writing about comics instead of raping kids?
CBR does it again! Why do you derail threads and not back them up with sources?

Keep in mind that comics is a very expensive hobby, and it's slow as fuck. You could see a movie in 2 hours and only pay 15 bucks for a movie and food. With comics, you're spending 3.99 a month to slowly see a story develop over time. A four-issue arc would be around 15 dollars and take four months (or 2, if it's bi-weekly.) And that's not taking into account stories that require you to know other stories.

Do we have any concrete idea as to what digital sales are like? We're left in the dark when it comes to them, and they're only brought up by creators when they want to cite Ms. Marvel's sales. Plus, I can't imagine they'd be TOO different from floppy sales, since we can usually judge a book's lifespan by what we see on Comichron every month.

I do think digital sales are important, though. It's a great market and I use it myself. But it's hard to account for them when they're this phantom we can't see.

Digital totals are a fraction of physical and it's been stagnant for years.

Attached: icv2-comichron-2017-format.jpg (720x922, 185K)

But those #1 sales

Super-Skrull Kl'rt

Attached: b543394d3319a667d8ca8e2f76aa93d6.jpg (750x1129, 167K)

That's actually a really good pick. If we're going cosmic, I'd throw in guys like Blastaar. For Earth adventures, she could probably square off against Abomination.

Attached: Blastaar_(Earth-616)_001.jpg (600x927, 90K)

Carol's sales have always sucked the only reason she has a book is to ensure Marvel keeps the trademark on Captain Marvel away from DC

Digital Sales there's not much to go on, other than they're a fraction of physical a lot of times. I wish we had the Comixology charts for 2014 to October 2015 so I could find out where Ms Marvel ranked. People claiming that Ms. Marvel wasn't a high seller were using charts that came after the stuff that badly affected Ms Marvel sales happened (unnecessary relaunch, Civil War II, 2016 election, etc), so I want to give it a fair shake.

Yea Forums's Comixology charts only go back to November 2015, when the first relaunch happened. Ms. Marvel #1 did manage to rank at #7 that week, but that doesn't tell me enough because that was the All-New All-Different era, the start of when things declined not just for the book but also for Marvel in general.

>his heart was in the right place
More like his fetish became profitable

Attached: 9962E8A4-88AD-4457-BBFE-4628CF330F2A.jpg (998x1600, 504K)

>Kamala Khan, for a more recent example.
Kamala isn't organically popular. She's astroturfed as hell. Marvel just keeps putting her in everything in hopes that she'll rise above C-Lister status.

Riri is becoming a better example of "organically popular" at this point.

Attached: __captain_marvel_carol_danvers_kamala_khan_and_ms_marvel_ms_marvel_series_and_etc_drawn_by_tateo_ret (495x751, 94K)

Give her ass again, make her fun rather than "a symbol!" and watch her sales rise.

>Powergirl in a tattered Carol costume
I'm going to assume that artist just has the one character they draw.

In Endgame I found Carol insufferable with a saving grace being that she just kind of fucks-off for most of the movie.
I'd rather read a comicbook about "mantis" before I'd read the adventures of bulldyke looking superwoman who burns coal, had a drinking problem and was by and large the villain of Civil War 2 aka Minority Report the comic because it was just Minority Report to make an asinine message about profiling.

Attached: 1554734917861.jpg (1920x1080, 117K)

It doesn't help that beforehand, maybe out of coincidence, Marvel suddenly decided they wanted to portray their genius superheroes as a bunch of assholes.

I dont give a shit about this article but I think that starting your run with arc about Carol trapped in an AU (or whatever that is) is not a good way to start, specially if you are trying to be new reader friendly or want some of the MCU public to try the series

From the thumbnail I thought Kamala was getting spanked.

stop lying

>Prior to the release of the movie, Kevin Feige went on record stating Captain Marvel is one of the most popular characters in the comics

well he's not wrong...

Attached: 1332604-shazam___or_captain_marvel_by_wieringo.jpg (744x960, 99K)

But that's just the thing. There is no reason why she should be shitty.

>"it was secretly a skrull the whole time".

I am 95% sure that has literally never been a thing in her comic.

>user you're too fucking young and retarded

Goddamn, I wish. It's more likely to be early-onset Alzheimers.

I think you catch my meaning, though.

>The idea behind the character was not interesting

Fuck you, it was great. Are you a cretin??

Bottom left: the author herself.

This is probably as pathetic as it gets.

At least Bendis put himself in his comic as a joke.

SAVE US, BRIE-BRIE!

>A likeable character with a silly costume.
>An unlikeable character with a silly costume.

I like the likeable characters.

That literally looks like an Avengers team from an alternate universe. Earth-688 or something, where the Hulk is a hunk, Carl Danvers became Mister Marvel after having Una-For's DNA shot into him by the Kree Psyche-Magnitron. Alison is a diesel dyke and Medusalith Aquamelin turns out to actually be Pink Diamond.

Singularity still adorbs btw.

Did they ever explain what she was? The Eternity of a baby universe or something?

Odd. That name means 'son of Gloin'.

'Just a minute'. That was well-predicted.

I think another issue is that they don't wamt their characters to have flaws or real goals. They want examples, not actual characters.

The end product reads more like a liberal propaganda PSA than a story.

is this a pic of Carol riding spidermans spider dick?

Because he can be right on subjects that do not involve fucking children?

They hired Ta-Nehisi Coates and he's not exactly killing it.

Tanalth, Ronan and any Kree, really.
Magnitron, aka Yon-Rogg after he rebuilt himself, is still alive.
MODOK once had an unhealthy interest in her.
So did the Supreme Intelligence himself (One reading of the whole thing suggests Mar-Vell was sent to Earth specifically to create a Kree-Human hybrid, "All that has transpired has done so according to my design").
The Skrulls, of course, perhaps specifically the Warbrides.

>she could probably square off against Abomination.

He's stronger than the Hulk, you know.
But yeah. He's apparently in orbit around Jupiter now, but that sort of thing never stopped him before.
New Abomination set to debut this month, I think...

I want to know. It'd be more interesting than finding out why captain boring is failing. No one has ever fucking liked her. I don't know why it's being treated as a writer based thing.

She's never going to stop getting a book so long as it keeps the captain marvel title from reverting.

Disney didn't lie, they focus on things people like. They cut things people don't like.

Marvel got so big that the comics division made so little that it is like a vegitative limb. The department is staffed with horrible talent and run by agenda obsessed yanks. The only thing they are there for in reality os to use their fat asses to keep the chairs warm and let marvel still say they make comics.

The only possible way to save the declining sales of Captain Marvel is to bring HIM back.

Attached: marcus immortus.jpg (250x300, 46K)

CAPTAIN MARVEL IN BIG TROUBLE AS SALES PLUMMET

youtube.com/watch?v=mQTn2TxWJCc

Bring Ms Marvel back

MUH SEVEN QUIRKS

>cuck corps
lol

I wonder what would their oath be

Is that a motherfucking Rosie the Riveter reference?!?!?!

It's sad how more and more relevant this comic gets

If it did, he'd still be hired at Marvel.

Too true.

Not so much in recent years, maybe the movie will help now?

Plz don't waste mah boy Blastaar on this. At least Mystique was her villain first, and looks like Deathbird, too. They just became FAR more famous when they moved on to X-Men titles.

>She's never going to stop getting a book so long as it keeps the captain marvel title from reverting.
Unless they find a way to bring back Mar-Vell or move on to a sixth or so Captain Marvel.

>Plz don't waste mah boy Blastaar on this.
it's not like he's doing anything anyway

Hardly new for Carol.

Attached: Carol.png (1280x1280, 444K)

...That was the wrong image. WTF?

Attached: Mears.png (598x636, 33K)

Thiis is the one.

Attached: Carol'.jpg (357x500, 30K)

Why is America, the alien Latina, black?

This Kevin Feige is a fucking moron

She's not even a Latina, she just calls herself that. She landed on Earth and just decided she wanted to be one.
Unless I am very much out to sea here, that is in fact the very definition of cultural appropriation.

The backstory given for America in her own series is so completely ridiculous I won't even write it down here. Suffice to say it makes Wonder Woman's Golden Age origin story (which it is a pastiche of, of course) seem very conservative by comparison.

I do not believe so. He has guided the MCU well for the last ten years. Only now, it seems, is he faltering.

>Carol will never drink a big gulp filled with your cum

If Walt Disney were alive
yes
but nowadays only there are lickers of balls there
then it will never happen

Attached: 1550799838988.jpg (750x628, 490K)

I see this happen for 10 years, I think you're not with your eyes open

Attached: 17654.jpg (436x794, 132K)

Do people even sexualize Hulk?

Yes but a much hotter and cleaner looking version.

Maybe they shouldn't have done that really fucking retarded krypton/superman retcon origin story that recently happened, you know with the mom revealing she was a super important space alien whatever?

Yeah! Fuck women! Mirite guys? That's what they get for not FUCKING me!

It would be impossible for sales to have dropped so drastically if she wasnt selling well before now. Just sayin, you have to have been wrong before to be right now, and it frames you as an outrage farming shitposter.

Yes, that is totally the problem with all this.

I'm also think that this place has hired shills and a lot of NPCs

Attached: 1556192018966.jpg (443x462, 55K)

They started a new series from #1 around the time of a movie release. Possibly with variant covers and overshipping. Yes, that has a tendency to raise sales.

100 to 10 is a drastic fall, even if the starting value ought to have been 5000

*sales numbers reports, at any rate.

>waaaaaaaaaahhh I can't fap to my comic book girls anymore!
pathetic

Best haiku of the Reiwa age

How so? It'd only be pathetic if lust wasn't a valid desire.

Are you people seriously still on the #1s thing? Embarassing.

That'll just have to remain a mystery to you bro
Once you find out, you might actually find a way to lose your virginity though.

>assumptions ahoy

>deny deny DENY!

Jokes on you, I also hate the women that do fuck me.

her comic was never popular and no one even liked her movie. It made a billion because "people" thought it was necessary to see it so they could understand endgame

Who drew this, Carol actually looks fuckable for once.

Is anyone actually surprised by this? What is it, like her eight series?

At least Sonichu has earned his reputation through a long history of abhorrent content that would put Necronomicon to shame.

>Kamala Kahn

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

I care, looked into it and it is correct user.

Amanda Conner

But it would appeal to children who split off thier dangerous sides, just like the Hulk and Dr. Jekyl.

To be fair, Carol Danvers would be perfectly annihilated by Dr. Sivana.

yeah, I mean she's selling as much as Wolverine now! Dead Man Logan 3 $3.99 01/30/19 Marvel 31,113

>Bendis

His own stories and characters are fairly good.
When he writes for others he's shit, in my experience.

>KT is a very good writer

Attached: retarded.jpg (184x183, 18K)

If Billy can be beaten by him, then Carol is pretty screwed.

Attached: 1555175112707.jpg (565x508, 75K)

I like her stuff, but she's not good enough to be nominated for an eisner

>Ewing

Attached: this will be bad.jpg (493x342, 43K)

Yea Forums doesn’t read comics. You know this. Yea Forums is filled by people that buy funko pops and watch dragon ball.

MHA is trash. The same people that like it like Naruto and should be bullied for their bad tastes.

Probably either that faggy bounding into comics or those delusional cosmicbook retards

Compare game of thrones book sales to tv ratings. People don’t like to read.

Nice.

Attached: 4619909-starf_cv1_1_25_var.jpg (1987x3056, 633K)

Attached: marvel capeshit sales.png (796x460, 116K)

We're talking comics, sweaty.

They should have brought Stardust for that kinda deal.

And not so nice.
Hmm, her work is hit or miss, not just for my boner.

Attached: portrait_uncanny.jpg (300x450, 44K)

she's had an injury or something and her modern stuff isn't as good as her old stuff

Tom King's run is garbage user, of course his sales are crumbling

and you know in the 90's Batman had 4 books selling 50ks

Wait. Are they STILL boasting about how well the movie sold? Even with all the evidence of empty theatres?

>Miles
>Riri
>good

Nah, those he wrote for someone else.

"Powers" was pretty good though.

>how dare anyone blow the fuck out of the SJW narrative reeee

Shut up, fag

also Spider-Man outside of Amazing
Superior Spider-Man 4 29,088
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 4 29,028

>Starlin writing a Carol comic
No lie, I would buy it and if it wasn't for Brevoort screwing the pooch Starlin would do it too. The only con about that happening would be Starlin being in the radar of the outrage police.

Hickman said he had a Carol story in mind too.

And given that Fantastic Four is apparently box office poison, Blastaar might be better off in just about anything else.

Because they get writers solely because of their gender and none of them (with maybe Butters and Frazeka being the exception but their execution wasn't so great) have any interesting ideas or even know where they want to take the character.

They should at least try to get good female writer like Immonen. Or heck Tini Howard, who is supposedly into old school Marvel Cosmic and has an upcoming Thanos mini, a Warlock one shot, and a Death's Head ongoing, might be the right person to go with but I guess she needs to build up her writer cred (even though the stuff I read from her is already better than anything I have read from Stohl and Kelly Thompson).

Or maybe fucking stop with the female writer gimmick if they can't find one that's good and just give it to a male writer who has an interesting idea for Carol. Maybe hire Christos Gage (who did the only readable Carol stories that dealt with CWII) or Jim McCann who in Infinity Countdown: Captain Marvel managed to make the most interesting Carol Danvers that I've read in a long time.

Or fucking go crazy and give Captain Marvel to Cristopher Priest, whatever shit he might come with is already going to be better than the current snoozefest. Or fuck make nice with Morrison and bring him in to mess with Carol.

The stuff he did with her in Ultimates was interesting but I think Ewing would be more interested in an underdog character or a c-lister. Him being onthe Valkyrie Jane comic is a fucking crime.

>Fantastic Four is apparently box office poison

I really have no clue how they manage to drop the ball every single time.

None of the films have been any good.

Kek, I like it when DC and Marvel positively portray each other's analogues in-universe.

Matt McGloin hails from Buffalo, NY and is the editor, publisher and journalist behind the popular website, Cosmic Book News. Matt McGloin is also the executive producer on Beyond the Call to Duty (2016) and the publicist for Hot Iron Productions. Prior to the Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) movie becoming popular, Matt McGloin promoted the comic book and its sister title, "Nova," through his website.

Matt McGloin's first experience with acting and the movie business was back in 2011 on Ombis: Alien Invasion (2013) serving as an extra in a zombie alien attack scene. From there, Matt McGloin would take his talents to the Beyond the Call of Duty movie, also as an extra.

Matt McGloin is also a Martial Artist (Danzan-Ryu Jujitsu) and went to the University At Buffalo for English Literature.
- IMDb Mini Biography By: Matt McGloin

What does that have to do with Captain Marvel failing?

I was a Fan of Ms. Marvel, not Space Capt and Protector of Alien threats on earth.

I liked it because I like the color scheme and her bolt insignia was all her. The new one is basically a new version of Mar-Vell's cosutme and it's even his insignia which is a Kree symbol and why would Carol wear a symbol that's associated with them if she thinks herself a human and is against them?

Heck I love some of the Dexter Soy concept art for Captain Marvel and she's very covered up in them.

I also like the domino mask. I mean yeah Carol doesn't exactly have a secret identity anymore but I still like it, also it's not like her silly mohawk mask does anything but make her look weird (and it's just aping the Kree soldier look).

>D.C.'s Greatest Heroes
Highest of keks

OP posted an article from a shitty website run by a DnA era Cosmic marvel autist and it triggered the Carol autists.

Nobody likes her, NOBODY

god damn it people. 30k IS NOT BAD! Hell, Black Panther doesn't even LIST on comichron meaning it's selling lower than 28k sales. Only the top 200 comics are listed and a TON of marvel/dc comics don't break that

Last year was a dead cat bump.

Manga/Anime is going to take over for a variety of factors, one being you don't have to worry about Black Clover effecting what's happening in One Piece

Keep in mind most audiences and critics hated it as well; this is a combo of CM being the first female lead MCU factor and Black Panther good feelings left over.

yuuuuuup!

I know, right? They should have stuck with the legacy numbering thing.

>normie watches a comic book movie
>in post-movie hype glow, normie wants to read comics about the character
>in the comics, everything is different and is connected to ten other otherwise unrelated books all with their own events and plots
>normie gets confused and discouraged and doesn't want to read comics anymore
For some reason, they have yet to figure this out after over a decade.

To be fair, Superior is about Potto, no?

People don't like to read... a series that will never finish

All things considered, I liked it.

The movies brought attention to how boring she is as a character.

He was cool on the cosmic side. Annihilation 2, GotG etc.

I'm sure that wouldn't be another crap-in-a-bag, what a combo.

>I think Ewing would be more interested in an underdog character or a c-lister.
Literally the case, tho.

The 2 first ones got the family dynamic well.

Gee, I wonder what he skipped...

nice art
the hair is fucking terrible

Me too
And it's funny that in these 10 years they never managed to create an intergalactic story that was classic
None that could serve as a basis for stories on the MCU

Attached: D6jyCYjvY.png (1920x1080, 1.56M)

Grace apparently almost had an orgasm seeing Professor Hulk in Endgame

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDK7miUhOU

>hasn't watch EMH
what a pleb
>Grace
how can anyone watch this idiot? she's the fucking worst

Attached: carol galactus.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

Attached: orc.gif (297x202, 1.21M)

looks too asian

The mentality of some people on this thread is really worrying. Not only has this board being raided by Tumblr, Reddit Twitter with this kind of leftist dykes who clearly don't know how this website works and act edgy on purpose, but I do wonder if there are actual Marvel shills of if they're simply braindead "fans" looking for the circle jerk they're used to.

I like MHA but its no masterpiece. If you want good kids w/ powers go to school, just read xmen.

Welcome to Yea Forumsmblr.
For my part, I've been saying that if Marvel doesn't care about sales anymore and wants to shelve its legacy characters for new libtard characters then they should take the dive and age the setting in real time. Let all the older characters get old and establish a new continuity with a new generation altogether that organically change into something more palatable for all readers.
That, or the movie machine never stops and Ike can take as much losses on the comics as he can stand. When's the last time they turned a profit anyway?

All those characters were univerally hated.

>Bendis' heart was in the right place

Aparently women that saw the Hulk tv show liked seein Banner's muscle grow and rip his clothes so much they wrote letters to tell the studio.

Those outfits would look completely ludicrous in a live-action movie.

Movie Psylocke kinda tried.
Also they look pretty well in XXX parodies that actually try.

Not for a villain

Are her most famous stories still that she spent years in a coma so Rogue could be Superman, or her giving birth to her own rapist, or that she was a brown teenager for a while?

They try to make x-men, instead of ff, while using ff.
FF aren't body horror and getting used to your powers. That's not their point. Their point is wholesome nuclear family adventures and scientific expeditions.

found the faggot

Attached: GOAT.jpg (667x854, 126K)

I am talking about these 10 years with Captain Marvel

no good stories
no relevant or classic arc
no gallery of villains
= useless character

Attached: 1495421761673.jpg (768x583, 126K)

>>Starlin writing a Carol comic

And Frank Cho drawing with the classic suit
Could work

Attached: db12b2ad106bb887edab62d6c565acaf.jpg (988x1500, 290K)

Never heard of the last one.

Ok where does all this pedo "fucked his nephew" stuff come from? Anybody got any links/citations?

>C.P.T.

Attached: 1334673084292.jpg (220x236, 18K)

>She-Hulk
It's kinda depressing that they shafted her character to just make her another Hulk.

Yeah, but that takes effort.

>Kamala isn't organically popular. She's astroturfed as hell.

Did you only start reading comics in 2016 or something? Cause Kamala wasn't really astroturfed her first year and still getting attention for a new character. Most new characters with their own series don't do that well saleswise. Her book's first run was doing consistently in the 30,000's. Compare that against a year of Carol's own book during the multiple relaunches of the 2010's, or Squirrel Girl--who had a fanbase long before Kamala, and was only in the 20,000's. Or Mosaic, who was an all-new character in 2016.

All the Ms. Marvel push happened after they realized she was the success of the newly launched titles back, that was when they put her on the Avengers too soon, and then involved her with that fucking Civil War 2 event, and all that other stuff.

My Hero Academia is getting pretty repetitive and boring lately. Nothing but new villains and then training arc. The League of Villains got more plot armor than Joker.

Well she was pretty awful in Endgame.

It's just a phase.

Look, does Captain Marvel have any discernible personality in her source material? My impression is she's bland.

Nebula stole the show from her.

Yes, she's one of the most developed and consistent characters in Marvel for the past 40 years. Only idiots in casualgate say she's 'bland'.

This

Did Larson actually blink in Endgame? I honestly think she never blinked.

Right now I feel they have her in pretty good hands.
Last issue of Champions had her gloriously interacting with Cyclops.
Having her in a pinch and left alone, playing Cyclops simultaneously as the old friend and inspirational leader that he grew into was damn genius.
Zub's Champions run is shaping up nicely, dealing with all those hard questions for growing heroes. Kamala and Miles having to accept the facts about not being able to save everyone always and everywhere is done pretty well so far. Wonder what Sam and his best enemy are up to, though.
Or what the fuck this weird space arc for Kamala is gonna be about. And how Josh's ego will ever recover from his big revenge on Kamala getting just kinda brushed off because she has more important problems.

Yes... originally she was fierce, conflicted, ambitious, professional, emotionally vulnerable and typically at her most relaxed and happy when she was fighting.
She wasn't nearly as hung-up on toxic males standing in her way as she is today because her response to obstacles was to bulldoze through them even before she got her powers.

Carol was never your average woman. That's why she is a very poor choice for a feminist icon. I would not be surprised if she were politically convervative, for instance, believing that if people want to get ahead in life, they have to do so themselves.

Wouldn't surprise me if they made it a point.

holy shit squirrel girl got hamstered!!

yikes how many times her comic has been canceled?

At least this looks good. Squirrel Girl doesn't make me want to scratch my eyes out, which is refreshing.