/DP/ Doom Patrol

>he cares about Marvel's cinematic universe when arguably the greatest superhero show since JLA is getting close to its season finale
You're all cretins. Doom Patrol thread.

Attached: doom-patrol-png-1545559523.png (895x505, 746K)

Cloak and Dagger is better, get fucked virgin Johnsfag

What are your sincere thoughts on the characters' chances of surviving the finale? I'm seriously expecting one of them to get killed off and I'm not looking forward to it.

I feel like Negative Man and Rita both have targets on their back. Especially since they both died a few times in the comics. I could see Animal Vegetable Mineral Man coming in just to tie things together

I will shill DCUniverse so fucking hard if it'll get people to start watching this show. Top-tier to go along with Titans' pretty good-tier

it sucks and isn't a success just like Shazam, get over it and stop being a neet

>I will shill DCUniverse so fucking hard if it'll get people to start watching this show.
Good luck while it's behind a monthly paywall.

I'm waiting til the end of the season to watch. I still haven't watched Titans yet because I heard it ends on a nasty cliffhanger, so I may wait on Season 2 of that.

How is Doom Patrol? Anything that sets it apart from other shows? I can't say the team interests me all that much, but then, neither do the Titans outside Dick and Raven (and the guest starts like Jason).

>DC does levity well without having to make everything le ironic quip to undercut the tension every five seconds
It's better than melodramatic arrowverse, and it's better than almost anything Marvel has ever put on tv

They leaned pretty hard on the Morrison days of the comics. Brenden Fraser kills it as a deadbeat robot dad. It has a few preachy moments every now and then, but it's a really solid show

what the fuck is going on in this pic

What really sets it apart is the pacing. Episodes fly by, even when they slow things down. It really captures the idea of living with freakishness that the Doom Patrol eventually became all about

Supergirl is better, shut the fuck up you incel, go outside

Doom Patrol is like the Farscape of the Superhero genre. Actually pretty good, but often derided for reasons ranging from it's not too mainstream to off putting special effects.

Doom Patrol even does forced feminism and gay couples better than Supergirl. Get a life and stop jacking off to fake aliens

I honestly think the special effects fit. It sort of goes with the themes of the show. It's pretty good so far and Brendan Fraser is suddenly a good actor again 7/10

Jokes on you, fuccboi. I've been locked in the cellar for 4 days waiting for gamgams to unlock the trapdoor and let me out. I can't go outside

It's the Doom Patrol comic of superhero shows, desu

I mean, yeah, but that kind of goes without saying.

They haven't done any major episode focus with Rita like they have done with the other characters. The only big thing we know is that her actions lead to a woman killing herself and possibly a dead baby. And it's something so horrible that made Mento think she was a monster and something so horrible she hasn't told the group. So far none of the episodes have dealt with that in a major way and at some point that shit is going to hit the fan. She also thinks she's a horrible person that deserves the bad things that happen to her (even if she is tired of it) and wants redemption for what she did. She's also trying to better herself and change as a person. She's also becoming the emotional support mom for the group to the point that (and especially this latest episode with Cliff) she's the one character other than possibly Cyborg who has had the most significant interaction with all of the characters in the group.

She is definitely the one who if she were to die would be the biggest blow to all of them. Cyborg likes her now and confided in her about Grid which he didn't want her to tell anyone (although Jane now knows), she helped Cliff with Clara, she's always looking out for Jane even if Jane and her personalities are a bitch to her, she is also the one member that Larry seems to be the closest to.

Supergirl has better looking characters, better plotlines, better fight scenes, better acting and a higher budget

Power rankings so far:

1. Rita even though she hasn't had her episode yet
2. Everyone else

Attached: rita farr.jpg (500x583, 29K)

I'm kind of disappointed that they haven't done much expansion of Rita's powers since episode 4. Sure, she's not liquefying at the drop of a hat, but we examples of Jane and Larry's powers almost every episode. If anyone 'dies' I'd say it could be Cliff, who could just get an upgraded body next season (and it'd be killer if that led into the infamous Brain/Mallah story). Larry should also stay alive solely to become Rebis, but I could also see him dying now that he's found peace with the Negative Spirit. Jane could also be swapped out with Casey Brinke, especially if we delve more into Flex/Danny next season.

So when it will be revealed that Chief was responsible for their "accidents" ?

Don't use Doom Patrol for your stupid fucking company wars

Attached: 1546708943693.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

Listen. I'm a Mouseshill. But I fuckin' love Brendan Fraser. How is he in this?

I've only seen the clip of the "People Like Us" segment, where he's boogeying with a kid dressed in a robot halloween costume. It's pretty sweet.

i literally fucking cry in all of the scenes where brendan is on screen cause not only is he a god tier actor usually when it's him on screen it's super sad

Attached: brendan fraser restored.png (362x447, 275K)

He's great

He's really good

>Cloak and Dagger is better
Come on man. What's next, Iron Fist is better?

He's wrong about it being better but Cloak and Dagger isn't bad at all

How much is the DC streaming service for this?

>All the interviews with Brendan Fraser where he's just absolutely so passionate about being on Doom Patrol

It's so weird to see an actor care that much about their work these days. And not in the shitty method actor way either. He's legit deep into his character and he'll talk about how much he respects and adores the cast. And if someone forgets an actor/actresses' name he's just like "Yeah, you mean so-and-so? They're great, really talented, very charming, etc.".

Paid 8 bucks for it, but there's a mega with all the eps + Titans

I listen to a podcast called Lights, Camera, Barstool and they had Fraser on for an interview.
He talked about how he watches capeflicks when they come on streaming services with his kids when he gets to see them. He continued to talk about how he wanted to be part of that because he knows his kids like them and how it was a way for him to connect with them. It was so sweet. Fuck that alimony ruling, and thank god he's out of it.

Why can't I like both?

Honestly, Brendan Fraser would be kino in the MCU.
He could be Dr. Connors, MODOK, or even mocap+voice for Beta Ray Bill tbqh.

You can, only actual retards buy into the tribal bullshit

Listen to this man.

>not loving the increasingly poor decisions of Ward Meachum
lame

Attached: ward2.gif (400x400, 3.77M)

Ward was the only good part of 1, does he stay based in 2? I stopped caring once all the shows got canceled

he gets baseder

Attached: ward1.gif (444x250, 3.2M)

Galactus, purple helmet and all

Attached: 3ada3132bcbfd7220c8fbd7374e4c670--bait-gifs.jpg (236x236, 12K)

There's a scene in the Underground episode where he absolutely kills it, y'all who've seen it know the scene.

His delivery of the lines, both as Cliff and as Robotman and the way that so much of his arc so far developed with that scene blew me away

yes.

Attached: 1530251315580.jpg (814x822, 68K)

I'm only on Doom Patrol Patrol right now, for some reason it's coming out weekly on normal TV every Tuesday. Honestly, this show is one of, if not the actual, best cap show to date. Also, the costume design is fucking god tier and I'm in awe of it every episode.

Is Titans any good?

It's not horrible but I'm hesitant to call it good. The best episodes are the ones that aren't completely about the main cast.

I'm just waiting for Swamp Thing. I'm expecting 9 episodes of absolute kino ruined with a rushed final episode. Well at least it wont annoy me as much as GoT

Supergirl is garbage compared to Smallville

When is it coming to netflix

Probably when the season is over, just like Titans.

It's all in your head.

wow no, take off your nostalgia glasses and sexism

Isn't Titans in the future of DP? They are all there, except for Jane and obviously Cyborg.

As far as I know the two shows aren't actually sharing a continuity.

>caring about DC in a Based Marvel economy

Attached: 1446683469095.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

MOMMY

Attached: rita.webm (438x545, 238K)

I really want to tknow the name of that song

Sorry, but you're for a bumby ride. Marvel is about to bite the dust now that Endgame is over.

Got drunk and binge watched the whole show up til now. Enjoyed it but feel like I might have missed stuff because drunk