Who had the better animated movie?

Who had the better animated movie?

Attached: MarioSonic.png (2069x1166, 3.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk
youtube.com/watch?v=rSoZy-Dnhfc
youtu.be/_aO4NsthMic
youtu.be/9cx-j-siHa0
youtu.be/xWUHkOyhR-M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get your shit-a outt-a my face-a

Attached: 1550689978394.gif (390x339, 166K)

Mario was such a cuck in that short. OVA Sonic and Tails are chads that constantly molest princess cat girl. I think the answer is obvious.

> Short
> 1 hour and 3 min

Attached: 1537938433238.jpg (400x400, 74K)

Neither of them are movies. I don't care what subtitle the Yanks put on their release of the Sonic one, you can't just dub a couple of non-movies and say it's a movie.

Sonic. That Mario OVA sucked. Even the Super Show is better.
Sonic Movie has top tier music and characterization. It'll be interesting to see how Illumination's Mario fares against the shitshow the Paramount Sonic movie will be.

Sonic.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk

Attached: chill.jpg (540x409, 74K)

Im okay with both of them, the Mario one is just re-told fairy tails, very silly and light hearted, defenitly not serious. Sonic has a pretty great score, plot is.. 'okay', aestetics and the tone it sets is pretty neeto too. I like them both for what they are, not great but im fond of them.

Mario Fairy Tales is a different OVA. This is the animated adaptation of the original SMB where it turns out a random dog that follows Mario and Luigi is actually a transformed prince engaged to Peach that cockblocks Mario at the end.

Sonic, the beginning music is based.

youtube.com/watch?v=rSoZy-Dnhfc

>We'll never get animated Sonic movie in this OVA's style.

goddamn itd be sooo easy to make bank off a sonic movie if they did this style again. some of the background shots in that OVA looked gorgeous.

what would you call them?

youtu.be/_aO4NsthMic
youtu.be/9cx-j-siHa0
Both have really good music

I like them both about the same. The Mario one is seriously underrated just because the thought of Mario not "getting" Peach at the end makes the usual peon types so angry. It has a strong, Oz-like charm.

I have autism for mario bros should I watch that movie?

Yes, it's a fun watch. It has some unique oddities since it was made so early into the series, like Luigi basically having a Wario-type personality, but it uses things from the games so well.

The only real answer.

Attached: C9B7E866-0DEA-44D7-B53B-8370B06F5BF9.jpg (960x1440, 274K)

Yeah its a fun movie
youtu.be/xWUHkOyhR-M

Sonic OVA's setting is so gooood, Sonic's island full of wreckage, the animal civilization in the sky, the fight with egg-robo in the post-apocalyptic city, the ending with metal sonic in the polar north. It just needed a better, more consistent studio to produce the art and animation and it'd definitely have been a hit, imagine it with Toei's Sonic CD intro artstyle.

by far Sonic. I have seen both and Mario's wasnt as good.

Both have their merits Sonic has the better animation, Mario has a memorable Story and both have excellent soundtracks it just depends on the mood your in if you want a fun adventure movie with more focus on comedy go for the Mario movie, If you want a more action packed adventure with amazing animation go for Sonic

Mario's was closer to the source material.

Sonic's had more impact on the franchise.

Both had some memorable scenes and some WTF moments

I don't get why Sega is so adverse towards using Classic Sonic as the basis for Sonic designs.
He's the perfect mix of cuteness with atitude, I feel like it would've worked better as a template than the modern design for the live action film.

Attached: sonic.png (456x752, 218K)

I guess it counts as a "short film" then? It is 27 minutes under feature-length.

Classic Sonic from the CD intro is honestly the peak Sonic design.

Attached: toei sonic.jpg (640x448, 40K)

Its a damn shame given how overall good the Sonic VA was it didnt span out into the series it tried to have, as it was I believe a tv pilot.

They are using Classic Sonic very often nowadays

Are you trying to tell me with a straight face that they used ANY existing incarnation of Sonic as a basis for that monstrosity?

Attached: emeralds.png (640x480, 479K)

Yes it was a pilot for a series but then it was dropped in favor of Sonic X. A shame really.

Yes.

Well, you're wrong.

Attached: no happenin'.png (500x375, 117K)

Since the Mario movie never got released (officially) outside of Japan, who would you cast for the roles if it ever got officially released?
Danny Devito - Mario
Steve Buscemi - Luigi

they're both terrible

Attached: B3142AA4-E255-4AFF-B0AD-AF74610D3377.jpg (1125x336, 129K)

>According to the rules of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, a feature-length motion picture must have a running time of more than 40 minutes
Where are you getting that a feature-length must have 90 minutes?

Winnie the Pooh (2011) was only an hour long.

Attached: shut up tails.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Taste this bad should be a bannable offense.

>Stop hating what I like

The Mario anime movie wouldn't be so bad if it didn't cut to a walking montage set to that "DOKI DOKI DOKI DOOO IIIIIT!" song every 5 fucking minutes.
And if Mario didn't defeat Bowser by eating Mario Brand Furikakke which was an actual product tie-in and is an awful way to resolve the conflict of the movie.
And if Bowser hadn't been voiced by a woman and have an annoying high pitched squeaky voice that was way out of place.
And if Luigi hadn't been in weird yellow colors with a completely wrong greedy personality instead of his cowardly one.
And if the Mario Bros hadn't been grocers in the American Southwest instead of plumbers from Brooklyn.
And if Peach didn't marry some weird Prince at the end.

Actually, that Mario anime movie sucks. I guess this is one contest that Sonic can finally win.

>And if Luigi hadn't been in weird yellow colors with a completely wrong greedy personality instead of his cowardly one.
In fairness, this was way before Luigi's personality was set in stone. This was circa the original Super Mario Bros.
>And if the Mario Bros hadn't been grocers in the American Southwest instead of plumbers from Brooklyn.
Slightly less fairly, Miyamoto's "actors' statement is meant to be taken as something akin to how Mickey can have different jobs/houses in each cartoon. Whilst Mario Bros established the brothers as plumbers, they've had other jobs (carpenter in Donkey Kong, construction crew in Wrecking Crew, etc). Given how early this was, it's more forgivable than it would've been later.

Legit kino and one of the best adaptations in terms of games.

Anyway, Sonic OVA is great, no opinion on the Mario one.

Mario got absolutely fucked over by that prince ending.

This isn't only a great game adaptation, but also a story that actually fits into the game canon.

What do you mean by this?

OVA Sonic. The Mario animated movie was unbelievably boring and generic.

>Stop liking what I hate

It was dropped, but not in favor of Sonic X. The Sonic OVA came out in 1996, while Sonic X wouldn't come out until about a decade later.

However, the Sonic OVA, even in it's direct to video state, was set to be 3 episodes long. But for whatever reason, was cut down to 2 episodes long at the last minute, making the second part have to rush out a conclusion faster than intended.