Rank the time heists

Rank the time heists.

2012 New York > 1970 New Jersey > 2014 Vormir > 2014 Morag > 2013 Asgard for me.

Attached: Quantum.jpg (1400x700, 584K)

2012 New York was the only interesting one. The Vormir one was predictable and the 1970/2013 ones were just 'character has emotional moment with dead parent' repeated. The 2013 one also just reminded me of how awful Dark World is

2012 New York is best because they fucked it up, and I just like seeing the Ancient One again. The emotional stuff in the others were great, but calmer moments the movie needed.

The New York one was the best, all the characters were great. Also, I would say that Scott's inclusion felt right at home with the OG Avengers.

Attached: flick me.gif (195x195, 747K)

2013 Asgard for me as well.
I'd love to be able to travel back in time and see my dead mother. This scene fucking ruined me in the theatre. Followed by a chuckle when Rocket got called a rabbit.

This fucking movie man.

2012 was the best because of the new canon it introduced.
Every time you rewatch Avengers you'll be reminded Hulk took the stairs

2012 NY > 1970 NJ > 2013 Asgard > 2014 Vormir > 2014 Morag

As for the individual heist members (in terms of usefulness):
Ant-man > Tony > Hulk > Steve > Rabbit > Natasha > Clint > Thor > Rhodey > Nebula

>Time Heist
I just love shit like this.

>Natasha and Clint get theirs no muss, no fuss
>Mid-tier useful
Seriously?

Well, they were only 50% efficient.

2012 New York > 1970 NJ > 2014 Vormir > 2013 Asgard > 2014 Morag

I liked most of the Time Heists tho

Still would love to see how Boomer Thor could seduce Jane

Hail Hydra

Thor did nothing at all, he just went to talk with his mother.

Nebula did more than Rhodey, despite her being the reason Thanos became aware of the time traveling. She both used Quill's tools to open the door and took the Orb out of its container. All Rhodey did was punch Quill unconscious, something Nebula could have done as well.

based

I liked them all. Perhaps Morag was the most sour because wasn't a whole lot and I'm still pissed at Nebula for not pressing her damn button faster. I wasn't huge on 1970 too, the talk with Howard was a little too on the nose for me
>They're not even born yet and let me tell you there already isn't anything I wouldn't do for that kid.
It's a little much for him to just start saying all this stuff to some random, felt too scripted. But I'm just being an asshole I liked it well enough. I preferred Thor's talk with his mom.
>This is the day she dies...
Good stuff.

I want to give a ranking but it's too hard. I'd probably put Vormir on top though; terrific scene, best performance from either actor.

Attached: avengersendgameblackwidowhawkeye.jpg (2049x1080, 1.11M)

2014 was also sorta ruined. The GoTG never meet, and while Thanos and his army may be gone, Ronan is still around and he'd try to get his hands on the Power Stone after Steve shows up to drop it back in Morag. Also, things like the Avengers being split after Civil War would not get a resolution, thus potentially leaving Earth at risk for a future threat.

2012 was the most fun because of the scenes with the 2012 Avengers after Loki's arrest, the HYDRA tie in, and future Steve vs past Steve.

1970 was the most emotional because of the scene between Tony and Howard.

Thor brought Mjolnir which came in handy later

Nebula was the reason why Thanos managed to track them back to 2023

Ronan didn't know that the orb had the power stone. He was going to give it to Thanos until he found out that he could do it on his own

Well, Thanos isn't around anymore in that timeline, is he? And Steve allegedly dropped the stone back without the orb. Ronan will find it bare somewhere in Morag.

Maximum efficiency, actually. If any other team went, they would have had to sacrifice a more powerful Avenger. Remember, no redos. Imagine if Hulk and Tony for some reasons had to be the ones there? You'd have to give up one of them. Nat and Clint both knew they were highly skilled, but normal people, and thus just happened to be the best for the job.

This. I usually didn't really care much about Black Widow as a character, but Scarlet Johnson's performance in this movie made me legitimately feeling bad for her

I assume Cap wakes Quill up, or something, but yeah... Gamora straight up isn't in that reality now. So that reality is a little screwed, but Thanos is off their hands so, they have a fair chance.

>2012 scene
>shows Hydra agents from WS interacting
>shows the Ancient One defending during the battle of New York
>shows unseen clips from after Avengers ended like Hulk taking the stairs
>Cap vs mirror Cap
Yeah, I'm thinking that shit is based

No, the two of them were pretty much the only ones that could get the Soul stone at all. Remember the sacrifice must be of someone you love, not just any person. No other two characters in the heist had a relationship like Natasha and Clint.
No, fujoshit fanfiction doesn't count.

But if Ronan doesn't know it's the Power Stone he may never go back to Morag, in fact he never went there in the first place. With Thanos disappearing into thin air he may just go do his own thing.

Tony knew what he was doing, he and Nebula already knew that you need a sacrifice to get the soul stone so he chose to send their two weakest and least useful members there.

>Elijah wood jpg

Why didnt thor and rocket take the cube while it was chilling in asgard in thor 2? Like it's way easier to snag cause it's just in a fucking hallway and would relieve the burden of new york team getting three at once during one of the most busiest moments ever. Wouldve cut like twenty minutes off this movie.

And if you're just like "dark world was boring" fair, but they could've also picked up reality (as a stone and not a weird goo) and power during the collector moment and wouldve probably did a better job referencing gotg and giving thor a reason to stay with the guardians (he sees the potential for a family hes lost or something idk)

>Why didnt thor and rocket take the cube while it was chilling in asgard in thor 2?
Entering Odin's vault was probably not an easy task. Alternatively, done on purpose to create an excuse for the 1970 heist.

So why did Thanos trust Loki with 2 Infinity stones again?

I mean, as you sure. A rodent that could sneak into openings and thor the literal prince of asgard and odin's son yeah I think its possible. I'd accept thor being too much of a mess for that to work though

>Entering Odin's vault was probably not an easy task

Probably this. If everything went "according to plan" then the time, mind, soul and power stones would have been easy. The ether would have been relatively simple if Thor wasn't compromised. The space stone was by far the hardest, based on what they knew at the time. If Carol was around they could have just sent Antman with her to pick it up from Mar-Vell

He gave him the mind stone (in disguise) with orders to retrieve the space stone (in disguise). If the heroes didn't intervene then he would have had the mind, space and power stones without taking any major heat.

I think Cap and Natasha were on that level too.

Maybe Tony and Rhodes as well.

I'd switch Morag and Asgard around but they all have their moments.

although since Frigga recognize fat thor then explaining it to Odin would have been easy.

wtf i hate tony now

That is the nova movie for you

Imagine what would've happened if they had sent Rhodey and Nebula to Vorimir instead...

They would have failed to get the Soul Stone, obviously. But since Cap got a bunch of extra pym particles in 1970, they'd have been able to send a couple that could perform the sacrifice back to 2014 Vormir after debating who.

He would sscrifice his ability to walk (his suit)

imagine if they sent Thor to Vormir with a can of beer

So what I'm getting at here is that "Endgame" is basically one long-ass film version of the ending fight in "Mass Effect 2"?

Nebula would sacrifice the memory of her sister.

That's not a soul.

I enjoyed Scott going off on Tony and Steve

NY was best, simply because it added so much more depth to what happened after Avengers.

Its also the time period that they 100% fucked up by allowing Loki to escape with the cube.

same
based scooter

>it added so much more depth to what happened after Avengers.
It only showed what the Avengers did in the following five or so minutes after capturing Loki, which was going down an elevator, and having a discussion about who gets to take Loki to trial, if an human government, or Asgard, and we know Thor eventually wins the argument.

>Head to Vormir
>Crack open a cold one with Red Skull, it's been a couple decades he's probably lonely
>Become fast friends, hang out for a couple weeks at the temple
>One day "Hey red skull what's that down at the bottom of the cliff?"
>Push
+1 Soul Stone

nice

This implies that Red Skull has a soul. Also, he wouldn't be someone you love if it was all a farce.

kek
BIG KEK
did he lose his soul?

I have to wonder: Nebula knows that the only way to get the soul stone was to sacrifice someone. Shouldn't she have mentioned to that to them?

>did he lose his soul?
He's probably not even Red Skull, just a husk acting as the soul stone gatekeeper.

She didn't know that. All she knew is Thanos and Gamora went to Vormir, and only Thanos came back with the Soul Stone. Many things can happen (She tried to kill him and he retaliated, accident with the Soul Stone, etc.).

>She didn't know that.
But she did. She reveals to past-Gamora what happens to her, and that's what causes past-Gamora to turncoat.

Morag is best girl but worst heist

Attached: Now playing - Mor Ardain - Roaming the Wastes.jpg (680x962, 80K)

writers thought of it, but decided to change it probably just for going the simple fan service one last time for 2012

> Interestingly, they weren't originally planning on going back to the first Avengers movie like in the final version of Endgame.
> "We went back to Asgard," McFeely said. "There's a moment in the MCU, if you're paying very close attention, where the Aether is there and the Tesseract is in the vault.
> "In that iteration, we were interested in Tony going to Asgard. He had a stealth suit so he was invisible, and he fought Heimdall, who could see him."

we came SO close to stealth armor bros

Russos are hacks

>Rhodey and Nebula
>Not Nebula and Rocket

SEETHING

If not 2012 NY, what about the mind and time stone? Mind stone could have been retrieved from Hydra while it was being used in the years prior to AoU, but the time stone meant meeting the ancient one at some point, or maybe Strange in the Thor Ragnarok days?

Is joke kinda

Thor having a legit panic attack
Thor having that talk with his mother about being a failure

Honestly that hit pretty hard. I just want him to be happy.

why do you people bother spoiler tagging inside the thread? the OP is spoiler tagged, people know not to enter for spoilers.

I hope Guardians 3 has him on the road to recovery. Slimmed down, trimmed beard.

>'hail hydra'
>ProfHulk embarrassed at his past self
>Elevator fight callback
>Robert fucking Redford
kino

>mfw they CGI'd Rocket into a reused scene from Thor 2 so they wouldn't have to bring in Natalie Portman

Attached: 1551063195489.jpg (582x600, 294K)

This is the one movie where fanservice > logic is okay, it's fine.

They also discussed having them go back to the Triskelion around the time of Winter Soldier to get the mind stone and have someone steal a car and drive all the way to NY to go get the time stone

What if user doesn't use the catalog?
He could scroll past a spoiler by accident

Success in minimizing impact:
2014 Vormir > 2013 Asgard > 1970 New Jersey >>> 2012 New York >>>>>>> 2014 Morag

Entertainment value:
2012 New York > 2014 Morag > 1970 New Jersey > 2013 Asgard >>>>>> 2014 Vormir