If your explanation involves

alternate timelines vanishing you just weren't able to follow a fucking kids movie

Attached: carz.png (620x413, 351K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/314083193
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its literally DBZ Time Travel rules, literally the easiest fucking shit to follow

Attached: 1547336596174.jpg (1024x547, 54K)

If the movie doesnt follow pic related, then that means the Avengers knowingly killed two entire universes worth of people.

Attached: Time Travel.png (1822x982, 164K)

>DBZ Time Travel rules
Those don't make sense either you fucking retard

the idea that replacing the stones undoes everything when they took them is so hilariously dumb

Mine is This was the true timeline all along. Steve was always supposed to stay in the 60's with Peggy. It's a closed loop.

Thats how it was explained in the movie user.

>I'm sorry, I can't help you. If I give up the Time Stone to help your reality, I'm dooming my own.
>With all due respect, I'm not sure the science really supports that."
>The Infinity Stones create what you experience as the flow of time. Remove one of the stones and that flow splits. Now this may benefit your reality but my new one, not so much. In this new branch reality, without our chief weapon against the forces of darkness, our world would be overrun. Millions will suffer. So tell me, Doctor, can your science prevent all that?
>No, but we can erase it. Because once we're done with the stones, we can return each one to its own timeline at the moment it was taken. So chronologically, in that reality, it never left.

When the Ancient One talks about the timeline splitting, she isn't talking about the main MCU timeline splitting into her timeline, she's talking about her own timeline splitting into the timeline where Doctor Strange didn't have the Time Stone to defeat Dormammu. The glowing timeline isn't the main MCU timeline. It's the 2012 timeline. The black timeline is the timeline where the Time Stone is never returned, dooming her reality to Dormammu. I think this is why some people are confused. Returning the stones doesn't eliminate the alternate timelines, they only eliminate the potential nasty branch realities like the one where Dormammu wins. In the 2012 timeline Loki escapes with the Tesseract, in the 2014 timeline Thanos and his army just vanishes and the Guardians never form, etc.

The movie goes out of its way to explain that everything is fine afterwards. People trying to make it a crisis just can't accept a happy-ish ending because they're psychologically damaged perverts. It's fine. This is Yea Forums, after all.

DBZ time travel is total nonsense bullshit written by a guy who hasnt given a fuck since 1985

Time travel. It'll turn your brain into spaghetti if you let it. Best not to think about it

So then the original MCU is still dead and they created a new one in its place?

Why the fuck should Cap be happy but not me?
Fuck off.

"Changing the past doesn't change the future." That's literally what they said. That's only possible with alternate timelines. Nebula killed a past version of herself and it didn't set off a paradox. After all that, retards will still claim it's a single timeline.

>"Changing the past doesn't change the future." That's literally what they said. That's only possible with alternate timelines. Nebula killed a past version of herself and it didn't set off a paradox. After all that, retards will still claim it's a single timeline.
Its perfectly possible given the mechanics explained in the movie: The problem now is the Russos stated otherwise, which would make the Avengers mass killers.

why not use the time stone to go back in time, have mantis put the mind fog on Thanos, give the glove to CM and have her do the snap and save Tony.

What's so confusing about it?

Because it doesnt have any rules, its literally just bullshit that happens because Toriyama doesnt give a shit.

that's an expression of frustration not an explanation. It's the best version of time travel because all attempts to give time travel "rules" end in obvious and easy to mock failure

Oh so you're just stupid then, because there are forms of time travel that have rules that actually work, and forms of time travel that are theorized to work in reality based on real physics.

NO IT FUCKING WASN’T RETARD

>Because it doesnt have any rules
yes it does.
it's just alternate timelines, simple.

That isnt time travel.

Ancient One made a diagram of Banners timeline and made a split in it to showcase how her new timeline would go if it was allowed to exist. Pretty cut and dry to me.

I liked the movie but I just wish they had gone with the butterfly effect time travel stuff. It would have actually been harder to write since the characters would have needed to tiptoe in certain situations but it would have paid off

what point are you trying to make here. you can technically say that is the case, but you can also technically say that it isn't considering he is still going back to the past just not his past.

It feels like the writers conflated string theory and time travel.

You don't know how those universes turned out. That's for them to deal with now, the Avengers did all they could to protect the universes they borrowed stuff from. Thor having to go on an extra quest to track Loki or whatever isn't necessarily the end of the universe. Not returning the stones at all? That is.

Going back in time splintered the timelines more, so theres at least one universe where Dormammu killed everyone because Hulk took the time stone.

so if captain america was able to go back in time and live his life successfully, why couldn't they go back and kill baby thanos? i know hulk says thats not how it works but cap demonstrates otherwise

So the rule is all timelines exist simultaneously, and all that really matters is the present/your perspective correct?

Killing Baby Thanos wouldn't change the fact that Thanos already happened in their reality. It'd make another timeline, the dead baby timeline.

>you can stay back as long as you want
>hold the last stone and live out your life
>place the final stone back to where it belongs when the time comes
>sever off the branch
>return to your main timeline

Only if he doesn't return the stone. That was the Ancient One's problem.

This time travel follows multiverse rules. Go back and kill baby Thanos? Doesn't change the timeline you left, you just created another reality.

I think there's a mistake in DBZ time travel because future Cell is from a timeline that shouldn't exist or he sholdn't go back to the main time line because it's the time machine of an alternate Trunks. Toriyama didn't give a fuck though

Gosh I sure am sorry I wasn't paying attention when the movie made a big deal about making sure branching timelines don't get generated and being sure to clip all the branches before they start.

This is exactly it. I don’t get what was so hard for people to follow about that explanation

wait, so cap lived out his life in another timeline and then came back to the main one? why didn't he come through onto the platform then? i thought the idea was he went back and then lived his life up until that point in the film where hes sitting at the lake, and didn't actually ever jump back

Cell goes back because the Time Machine was set for even further back in the past, creating another split. The Trunks from his time wanted to stop Gero early. The "main" timeline is actually the result of two splits.

He did make it back, but changed the coordinates so he'd appear on the bench instead of the platform.

What a drama queen.

That breaks the rules established earlier but okay.

It's why Bucky looks in that direction when Cap fails to appear, he hears something over there.

that makes sense
i had thought it was because he had told bucky his plan ahead of time, which was why bucky seemed to already know what was going on

I'm not saying you're wrong. The Russo interview confirms thats what he did. It's just a bit melodramatic for Cap.

Retard didnt even get the plot of a kids movie.
Literally all their actions created alternative timelines. Like how they hit starlord in the head, but he soon to be raided in Gotg and other shit.
Point is, alt timeline should have all stones, thats all what AA cared about, that is why killing young thanos wouldnt work and did not work. Past timelines with changed events are still timelines, that are flowing, events there is happening.
Present events happened and cannot be changed, in MCU you cant kill your dad and did not exict because of that, no paradox.
Yet why the fuck Cap was there in the end does not make any sense and even tho you can think of some explanation, they are still feels shoehorned in story and i think they wrote Cap ending after writing movie.

Attached: TT.png (830x707, 35K)

it wouldn't, because returning to a point after they left that reality wouldn't create a new branch
you didn't go to the past, and there's no absolute frame of reference for time
we had this discussion before
if you want to formulate it in phyisics terms, we did that already
get over this

Post them then, because according to the directors this this is what physicists recommend

This is retarded, literally stupidest explanation ever drawn and written with smart words to look like its facts. Go watch dr strange, IW and endgame again, reddit brainlet.

Its literally just an illustration of what the Ancient One explained and showed in her own diagram.

Satan, the deceiver. Some user already posted the correct interpretation supported by the writers and directors, so why do you keep doing this?

There is difference between time splitting because of events and existance of stones

I'm glad the time travel mechanics here are just vague enough to give everyone radically different interpretations of how it works, but specific enough that everyone is totally convinced they are right. We'll be talking about this for the next 5 years.

No, she was saying her timeline would be doomed if they didn't return it because in her case they wouldn't have the Time Stone to fight off Dormammu. By returning the stone they prevent that timeline from being destroyed.

That clearly isnt what she was saying otherwise there'd be no need to demonstrate how time splits.

There would be no questions if grandpa Cap had showed up on the platform when he hopped back.

Its clearly intended for Old Man Cap to have just aged his way to the present, the Russo Bros saying otherwise is fucking retarded because thats fucking obviously what they intended that scene to read as.

Yeah, the simple fact is cap just stayed in the 20th century longer, his time travel wasn't any more complicated than anything else, he just showed up in a more dramatic position

>you can't travel back and change the past of your own timeline
>but you can travel further back in an alternate timeline to put the stones back so they never left
Excuse me what the fuck?

because its YOUR timeline

>further back
Again, every single time one of you retards raises a complaint it's because you misunderstood something.
You bring the stone after it was taken away from the universe, meaning you arrive after you first left.
Stop being a retard on purpose.

Then how he and Stark went to 1970?

Whenever they return to the present they appear on the quantum launchpad, its their anchor to the present. Thats how they're always shown returning to the present.

They never once go "further back" in a timeline without creating a new one. Where do you people get this shit? The only actual plot hole is Steve taking the long way back.

It's the only way it makes sense, since Cap aging in the "prime" timeline breaks the rules they established.

This doesn't make sense lol

Why?

Attached: TT.png (830x707, 45K)

Reposting your headcanon won't make it true.

Not unless that already was his past and he's living it out.

Yeah that's dumb, I don't understand it. It doesn't make sense.

Why doesnt it make sense?

>The problem now is the Russos stated otherwise, which would make the Avengers mass killers.

Nigga im preetty sure Tony snapping his fingers at thanos armie already counts as genocide anyway

Yeah but like innocent people.

>then that means the Avengers knowingly killed two entire universes worth of people.
well yeah, they are avengers, not the justice league

There are multiple timelines. Your headcanon doesn't work no matter how you force it.

KILL YOURSELF YOU IMAGE SPAMMING AUTIST, YOU WERE BLOWN THE FUCK OUT BY THE RUSSOS IN THEIR INTERVIEW

CAP DOES NOT CREATE A LOOP,
HE GOES GOES TO AN ALTERNATE BRANCH
HE TITFUCKS PEGGY FOR 70 YEARS
THEN HE RETURNS TO THE MAIN LINE

BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

Attached: autist_blown_the_fuckout.png (974x435, 128K)

If the Avengers time travel rules dictate that every time you change something in the past, it creates an alternative timeline and doesn't affect the main timeline, why is Old Man Steve in the prime timeline and not in his own branching timeline?

Attached: frodo.jpg (600x599, 45K)

he came back after getting old

Because he has a quantum compass, and knows where Pym keeps all his particles.
Hell, he has a bunch of particles when he leaves.

>>CAP DOES NOT CREATE A LOOP,
>HE GOES GOES TO AN ALTERNATE BRANCH
>HE TITFUCKS PEGGY FOR 70 YEARS
>THEN HE RETURNS TO THE MAIN LINE

Thats obviously not what the last scene was showing because its inconsistent with how it was shown throughout the rest.

It isnt headcanon, i just graphed out what the Ancient One said was happening. Why do you keep calling it headcanon? I'm not inserting anything, i'm not theorizing anything.

If Clint is so eager to die for the greater good he was willing to fling himself off the cliff in Vormir, why didn't he instantly put on the gauntlet and snap Thanos away himself to protect his family that just came back?

Attached: really stretches my neurones.jpg (500x689, 101K)

>the directors say it's multiple realities
>the screenwriters say it's multiple realities
>the Ancient One says it's multiple realities
>Bruce Banner says it's multiple realities
>some retard on Yea Forums says it isn't multiple realities

Because without nanomachines the Power Stone alone would instantly explode him.

>Thats obviously not what the last scene was showing because its inconsistent with how it was shown throughout the rest.
how so?
You don't actually have to be on the landing platform to get back, case in point thanos and his entire army

He stayed in his own branching timeline until he got old and decided to come back to the prime timeline. It's just that the directors stroked out and didn't realize that having him show up over on the bench, looking like he was waiting there the whole time, didn't actually communicate that very well.

>>>the Ancient One says it's multiple realities
>>Bruce Banner says it's multiple realities
They say its one reality that becomes branched, but that you can erase the branches as well.

To be honest, what the Directors and Writers say after the fact doesnt matter if it doesnt actually gel with what they decided to show in the released movie. The thing about Cap doesnt mesh with what was actually shown, its inconsistent, he was clearly intended to have just aged to the present, not done some weird keikaku.

But Tony's infinity gauntlet is literally made of nanomachines, and they were arguing like anyone could do it but only Hulk could survive it beforehand

>>You don't actually have to be on the landing platform to get back, case in point thanos and his entire army
But they fucking do you retard, they literally explode out of the fucking time platform.

No, they didn't .

There is no way all of them were simultaniously within the 10 or so feet for the platform.
I'm not saying that it makes sense why you can defy the platform, that's just the canon.

Yeah, but the scene itself is inconsistent with the rest of the movie otherwise.

Stark has an entire suit of nanomachines preserving his life, which gave him the seconds necessary to pull off his snap.
Quill survived several seconds with one of the Stones merely because he's half-Celestial.
All the gauntlet does is connect and channel all the combined Stone energy to you. It was Friday and the suit that allowed Tony to harness the power. As was demonstrated by the Thor lightning combo, it's made to harness and direct energy.

No they didnt you fucking moron they were in the ship which got zapped onto the time platform.

Holy shit you're a retard. How did you fucking miss this? There was an entire scene where the ship blows the fuck up out of the time blatform and explodes the roof of the hangar its in. How did you miss that?

>There is no way all of them were simultaniously within the 10 or so feet for the platform.
Brah, they literally fly up shrunken through the roof. It's the fucking Quantumverse. Thanos' ship is teeny tiny like everything else that uses the platform.

Do you think there is a chance we get Cap America movie where he fucks nazi with his super shield and mjolnier?
Imagine how unironically badass that can be and fucking tumblr and twitter would piss their pants how happy they'd be. Win-win idea.

>I'm sorry, I can't help you. If I give up the Time Stone to help your reality, I'm dooming my own.
>With all due respect, I'm not sure the science really supports that."
>The Infinity Stones create what you experience as the flow of time. Remove one of the stones and that flow splits. Now this may benefit your reality but my new one, not so much. In this new branch reality, without our chief weapon against the forces of darkness, our world would be overrun. Millions will suffer. So tell me, Doctor, can your science prevent all that?
>No, but we can erase it. Because once we're done with the stones, we can return each one to its own timeline at the moment it was taken. So chronologically, IN THAT REALITY, it never left.

It's multiple realities. You can shut up now.

If Pym Particles are a limited ressource they absolutely can't waste, and shrinking and growing back up wastes one charge, why is Ant-Man shrinking and growing without counting throughout the entire movie, including in the past where running out of Pym Particles would literally fuck everything up, and that even before Steve stole like four more charges. Also why did Steve only steal a handful of Pym Particles and not as much as he could fit in his pockets?

OH MY FUCKING GOD WE LITERALLY HAVE DR STRANGE MOVIE WITH HIM SEEING MULTIPLE REALITIES
I dont understand, are you people baiting or actually to stupid to understand A FUCKIN COMIX BOOK MOVIE?

based retard

you don't need the platform to come back. cap and tony went to new jersey after new york and used the last of their pym particles. you don't need a platform to return, just a quantum tunnel to START the trip, they come back to the platform because it's obviously an easy set coordinate but not mandatory

Best explanation so far:
Each vial is good for a bunch of size changes, but he spends an entire vial to go quantum. He used a bit of that first vial, which he could then use through the rest of the film as it was worthless for time travelling.

Yes it is fucking mandatory, otherwise why would Thanos' ship come out on that same fucking pad instead of out in space or something?

strange movie was alternate dimensions not divergent realities

because 2014 nebula typed in those precise coordinates

Why?

What she was actually doing was opening up her side of the gateway so they'd be anchored to her present, just like what Hulk does like 3 other times in the movie.

Nebula's no idiot but she is obtuse and imperceptive.
I don't believe there's a canon explanation as to why cap appeared on the bench, but the canon is simply that there's multiple timelines and that cap went through a journey no different than all the other heists aside from the amount of time he spent

The scene clearly intended for Cap to have just aged back to the present.

I would presume so. That's just not what the russos said. My original assumption is that the ending takes place in Steve's paradise universe but that's obviously not the case now

see 2014 thanos has no idea where to go and his ship needs an open quantum tunnel to start his trip, so 2014 nebula locks in the coordinates for his ship by opening the tunnel, it's the simplest thing to do

the screen on the platform even calls it a gateway

Attached: gateway.png (683x217, 231K)

He used the mind stone to erase people's memories.

At this point im thinking the Russos only said that because it was for some Chinese outlet and they didnt want to upset Cheng by implying it was "real" time travel because this shit is contradicting the movie. Either that or they somehow didnt realize what they were doing.

I think you might have a literal mental handicap, user.

Yeah, sure, but having an old man show up in the quantum traveling suit would not make for an emotive torch passing scene.

cap ages normally. presumably until peggy's death of natural causes in 2016, then makes the last jump to 2023, as the russos stated

>You don't actually have to be on the landing platform to get back, case in point thanos and his entire army
>>There is no way all of them were simultaniously within the 10 or so feet for the platform.
>I'm not saying that it makes sense why you can defy the platform, that's just the canon.

Based absolute retard

Attached: cc29859e5fe86a26005649728da9d40e.webm (800x432, 1.7M)

>Have timestone.
>Go back to where you weren't and drop it off.
>Two timestones.

the DBZ time travel rules essentially mean that going back in time to save loved ones from certain death is a waste of time, because even if you do there will be another version of you that you'd be robbing them from. Those are the consequences.
A recent syfy show used this version "Continuum" to make its ending tragic, the protagonist spend the entire show attempting to get back to her son but ultimately travels back to her time, only to see a duplicate version of herself and her son

Why didn't they just make a bunch of infinity stones this way and never put them back???

Yeah I've been saying, it's not their problem what happens when the stones are taken away, and there is no cap on how many stones they can take. Just appear in Pym's lab, take his stuff, get more stones.

Hell you don't even need the soul stone to make the gauntlet a half decent weapon.

They don't even have to go back and time and pick them up. They can just go back in time and leave them. Hell, they could duplicate EVERYTHING this way.

The avengers just solved the oil crisis and they're just going to ignore that huh.
They also solved the problems with endangered species as well.

Well, I mean, it's not called the fucking INFINITY GAUNTLET for nothing...

user cracked the case. Go home. Mystery solved.

He uses the TIME STONE to do it. So they're different timelines.

The oil crisis was solved when Tony made the arc reactor.

Now imagine INFINITE arc reactors!

If the infinity stones were so important to the fabric of reality why was everything fine after thanos destroyed them?

fucking KEK

presumably the reality stone rewrote the rules of reality before they were destroyed. the wearer can obviously will reality to whatever they please

You can believe it all you want, but it's contradicted by the movie's established time travel rules, and the Russos. There is no loop.

Wait, we were told that it was the removal of stones that created branches and them being put back stopped their formation, but the directors are now saying anything creates an alternative branch. Jesus they didn’t think this through.

She didn't say removing the stones was the only way to change anything, she just emphasized that removing the stone creates a major split. What she was trying to get across is the stones are extremely powerful and influential and just not having them is a massive, big deal. Then she gives a major example why (the plot of Doctor Strange)

People just assumed that it completely fucked time's ability to function anywhere in any reality because she made it sound so grandiose.

But if they aren’t the lynchpin, then there is no reason putting the stone back wouldn’t create another branching timeline since it’s another change. So you’d end up with three timelines: 2 with stones, and 1 without.

No it's Bill and Ted rules

He hid frozen Steve and took his place

Usually in time travel fiction that uses alternate timelines, traveling to any timeline on a point of time that have "yet to occur" will not create a branching timeline. Only travelling to the past will create a new timeline, travelling into the future will not, and this applies to every branched timelines as well.

Time GPS. Tony figured it out. That's how they can get back to their own specific timeline too.

How does Cap return the stones to their original points if no one bumped into him whilst they were taking them in the first place?

You should rewatch Dr Strange because Mordo has a whole fit after Strange uses time to fix an apple. Also, he rejects the whole order (or whatever it's called) because Strange reverses time to defeat Dormammu. Those are very specific instances of divergent realities.

Question: How does killing 2014 square with your headcannon timeline?

Return all the stones and maybe you fix those timelines the way you say, but no one's returning Thanos. And if Thanos isn't around in 2014, that means he can't collect and use the stones in 2018.... So... Alternate timeline?

>the Russos stated otherwise
Trolling is a art.

Because you just whine about wanting things to be better while the cap actually fought for things to be good.

He goes back after they leave. Easy.

Maybe this will be addressed down the road.
My favorite theory on the subject is that due to the laws of physics, the Stones were destroyed but their energy still exists (albeit dissipated) as opposed to being gone entirely, which is enough.

Way I see it, the platform exists as a matter of convenience for a precise time and location of return. Thanos used it to make sure he gets back to the correct time and place after all of the Stones have been assembled, Steve just needs to get back at an earlier point in time than the funeral.

You really have to be a special kind of stupid to not understand how the time travel worked in the movie.

I just don't get it. It seems like they are trying to insert two time travel system. One the alternate timeline system and the other is the linear timeline system. This is shown in the Ancient One explanation scene. If the infinity stone were removed, a bad alternate time would be made. This made sense in an alternate timeline type of system but if the stones were to returned, why would the alternate timeline suddenly vanished? Wouldn't it continue to exist? Hulk's explanation made it seem like the linear timeline system. Which is contradictory to what were explained before.

They took the stones from the same timeline but every time that happened it created a splintered timeline. So technically there were four timelines. Their own timeline where they are trying to correct, and three splintered separate timelines where they borrowed the stones and one Mjolnir in the same one. It was even explained very simply.

Attached: 1441995588780.gif (300x300, 1.49M)

>a bad alternate time would be made
The wording in that scene may be confusing but it doesn't actually contradict what the russos were on about

The Ancient One was talking about a potential series of horrible events happening to her (orange) timeline in the event that they don't have the infinity stones to defend themselves. She is not aware of thanos nor can she be as she can only see events after her deaths.
Alternate timelines are permanent

Hulk worded it badly for comedic effect. He meant everything he said in the most literal fashion. Every second that is behind you is eternally your past. If you go back in time, your future is your past and can't be changed. That is to say every second you have ever experienced is considered "your past" and since you've already experienced the future it's just part of it.

Just know you can only ever go forward in any given timeline, attempting to go backwards creates new ones, there is no way to fix that, but you can keep the differences from going wild

*can't see events from after her death

>She is not aware of thanos nor can she be as she can only see events after her deaths.
She could use the stone to peak into the future the same way that Strange did. How else would she have known that Strange was going to become the best of the sorcerers?

>She could use the stone to peak into the future the same way that Strange did.
Strange couldn't see past his death either. The one future timeline where he survived was the one where they defeated Thanos.

The "one future timeline where he survived" involved him being dead for five years.

Thinking about it, the only problem really is Gamora and Nebula not being present in the alternate universe they took the stones from. This would directly affect the creation of the GotG in that universe, potentially lead to the destruction of Xandar at the hands of Ronan, and if that doesn't happen definitely leading to the destruction of the universe at Ego's hands.

Steve fucking off to another universe to marry Peggy doesn't really affect shit considering that in the main MCU timeline he already did his work and there's nothing that tells us that young Steve didn't get unfrozen to help out on Earth while old Steve got to live out his life with Peggy.

According to the Ancient Ones logic, it'd just be one continuous single timeline, so it would snap back.

>This would directly affect the creation of the GotG in that universe, potentially lead to the destruction of Xandar at the hands of Ronan
It all depend of how cap put the stone back in place.

Oh fuck off. There are multiple timelines.

That's literally how they explained it with the timeline visual aid. Pluck the time stone and the black timeline happened, put the time stone back in and the black timeline disappeared.

I guess it counts if he comes back to life??

The black timeline is the "Dormammu wins" timeline. It doesn't mean the alternate timeline disappeared. Loki still escapes with the Tesseract in that reality.

Not that user but that explanation wasn't about there being just one timeline, it was about there being just one version of events.
The black timeline was a deviant version of events where "evil" attacks a vulnerable world.
This deviant version of events could and most definitely would happen if the infinity stones are removed from a universe in their entirety. (Dormammu for example)

That still doesn't explain how the Ancient One knew that Strange would be "the best of them" considering that when she died the guy was barely an apprentice magician with Mordo teaching him the ropes.

Loki only escapes somewhere, not somewhen since we've yet to see Loki display any ability to travel in time. Steve returning the scepter to that time solidifies that branch again, as all stones are once again present in that particular point in time.

He seen himself coming back

>Loki only escapes somewhere, not somewhen since we've yet to see Loki display any ability to travel in time.
But it's obviously not the same timeline. Loki didn't escape in the original timeline, he was imprisoned in Asgard. Returning the scepter wouldn't change that.

Thus the alternate timeline that's set in the past of the current timeline

truly a DBZ dimension ring

See the thing is, thats fucking stupid, because there'd be no need to visualize the concept of time branching then, it'd be pointless, just saying "bad shit will happen to this alternate reality" would be enough.

They deliberately go out of their way to visualize how a single timeline can become two timelines, and can become one timeline again. This "but she meant dormammu" shit is fucking retarded because it wouldnt be a split timeline, it would just be the future of her entirely distinct timeline in that case.

Ask the Russos then. The Ancient one only says that if the stones were removed from that time things go wonky. Loki, as has been said, never moved in time.

>They deliberately go out of their way to visualize how a single timeline can become two timelines
The single timeline in the diagram isn't the original timeline, it's the Ancient One's 2012 timeline. The black timeline is the "Dormammu wins" timeline. It doesn't mean there's only one timeline in the entire movie.

user, his point is that they wouldn't have had to show the branched black timeline. Plucking the stone leading to a bad end could just have been shown as the rest of the timeline turning black.

No you fucking moron, thats stupid.

It wouldnt cause her timeline to SPLIT, it would just be the future of HER timeline. She goes out of her fucking way to literally say verbatim "the infinity stones create what you experience as the flow of time, remove one and this flow splits".

If her timeline is already entirely distinct, it wouldnt fucking split her timeline, it would just make her already existing timeline at odds for danger. No fucking split.

She straight up lays out universal mechanics, not hypotheticals.

If it was JUST HER TIMELINE, then the split makes no god damn sense because nothing is splitting. There is no two distinct points now, theres just ONE timeline, HERS, that gets turned to shit, not one timeline that becomes two, one good one shit, which is what she very explicitly shows.

>But it's obviously not the same timeline. Loki didn't escape in the original timeline, he was imprisoned in Asgard. Returning the scepter wouldn't change that.
Do you not understand the concept behind how a rubber band works?

Just look at what the Ancient One did: she removes the time stone from the golden timeline (which represents her own reality) and the timeline splits into the black one. Banner then returns the time stone to the golden timeline and heals it. The golden timeline isn't the original MCU reality, it's the 2012 Ancient One's.

>and the timeline splits into the black one
IT SPLITS.

IT SPLITS INTO TWO.

TWO REALITIES EXISTING CONCURRENTLY.

No, you're wrong. Next.

They overexplained, I'm with you. But without defying what the ruso's said they must have meant something other than "two timelines become one". Perhaps "two timelines stop having massive violent differences"

>literally so incapable of refutting it he just says its wrong and thats it

Attached: 2ldenj.jpg (640x845, 108K)

>destruction of Xandar
Only if Ronan gets his hands on the Power Stone.
>destruction of the universe at Ego's hands
Only if (a) Peter somehow winds up holding the Stone again and (b) Ego finds out about it and then finds him.

>there's nothing that tells us that young Steve didn't get unfrozen to help out on Earth while old Steve got to live out his life with Peggy.
Considering that would mean two Caps running around at the same time, only a few years apart in age, and both in love with the same woman, that would be a bit of a thorny situation.

>The golden timeline isn't the original MCU reality,
It is though. The golden timeline is quite literally everything that happens in the MCU with the stones in their right place, which doesn't get ruined because Steve puts the stones back in their place in the past.

Where is she removing the time stone from in her diagram? It's not Banner's reality; in the original timeline the time stone never left New York in 2012. It's obviously her reality represented by the golden timeline.

What was shown was clearly one timeline becoming two becoming one again, this is directly contrary to what the Russo bros said and it doesnt exactly make much sense. They had to have known what they were doing.

"Things going wonky" is not the same as "the future getting rewritten".

Except that it does because in her 2012 timeline Loki escapes with the Space Stone.

She literallly refers to Banner and his perceptions directly when talking about the timeline, and even if she wasnt, that doesnt fucking matter because its still one timeline that becomes two timelines in the display, that exist concurrently, because a stone is removed from it, then becoming one again because the stone is put back, you're actively ignoring this because it hurts your argument.

>It is though.
It's not so stop insisting it is. Thanos literally dies twice in the movie and Nebula kills another Nebula and people still think there's one timeline. It's stupid.

Yes, people believe so because the movie says so.

Do you understand the mechanics behind how a rubber band works? You can stretch it, pull it into shapes, twist it, but so long as you dont break it, it'll return to its original shape.

>Yes, people believe so because the movie says so.
The movie literally says the opposite in both exposition and what actually happens.

IIRC the Scepter was stolen before Loki escaped with the Cube, so therefore if they returned the scepter, and erased the timeline thereafter then nothing changes from what we saw in the movies

But it didn't. The past has already happened will happen and will continue to happen etc. etc. You're all laboring on this weird ass notion that everything weird that happened is in the present instead of in the past, which gets undone from Steve returning the stones to the right place in time.

No it doesnt. Once again, the Ancient One directly says this. Any other interpretation has to actively ignore entire lines of dialogue and how the diagram is shown and displayed in the movie itself.

Loki stealing the tesseract is stretching the rubber band. Removing a stone is breaking the rubber band. Do you feel me?

Killing Baby Thanos wouldn't work because the original Thanos would still be alive. There would be two realities: one where the Thanos never snaps and the original timeline. The infinity stones have absolutely nothing to do with this example and there are multiple timelines already. The single timeline theory is stupid.

DO
YOU
KNOW
HOW
A
RUBBER
BAND
WORKS

>The infinity stones have absolutely nothing to do with this example and there are multiple timelines already. The single timeline theory is stupid.

So you're going to ltierally ignore a scene that straight up tells you this is wrong?

Nope, still stupid.

>doesnt know how a rubber band works

How havent you died from forgetting how to breath.

Attached: 1511321773902.png (337x334, 172K)

Fuck me I completely forgot the Howard Stark timeline. So technically that are 5 separate timelines.

You're just pretending to be retarded.

Nigga i aint the one who doesnt understand the basic concept of fuckin elasticity. Go back to the 2nd grade.

I'm convinced he's just doing it to be an ass at this point. I can't take it even a little serious anymore.

Attached: 158.jpg (288x226, 26K)

So you retards have no actual rebuttal i take it?

Putting the Stones back means the new timelines essentially progress the same as the main timeline EXCEPT for the one where Loki steals the Tesseract and the one where Thanos and his army leave their timeline to enter the main one.

Not anymore. I explained this to you over and over for days, and even those in charge of the script have weighed in now. If you honestly haven't accepted that you misinterpreted the AO scene by now, you're never gonna.

But I think you're just fucking around at this point so none of that really applies. So here's another free (You).

Attached: 159.jpg (227x335, 19K)

you're so fucking retarded

New topic of discussion: Do you think Cap stuck around to help out a bit in the various timelines when returning the stones or did he just put them back and fuck off immediately til he could hook up with Peggy?

He probably lied to Sam when he said he got a life, he really spent most of that time stopping 9/11 and making life heaven for his friends

no it wasent

Waiting around would increase the risk of something happening to him and by extension his mission, so I doubt it.

>Thats obviously not what the last scene was showing because its inconsistent with how it was shown throughout the rest.
How the fuck you know how old is cap in that scene? He might've lived until 2050 something and travel backward to 2023 thus he doesn't need platform.
Check mate

IMAGE SPAMMING user BTFO.
HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER?

He probably just fucked off asap.

You can't physically destroy anything. You just turn them from one state to another.
6 Infinity Stones are still there, probably turned into dust.

Because we see young Steve in the past dancing with Peggy, not old Steve. You can't travel forward to your future. You can be brought to the future by someone from that time by means of the platform like Nebula did for Thanos, but again, that requires the platform.

Tilda says "yours" and "mine" in that conversation. It's clear their timelines are not the same.

>You can't travel forward to your future.
Nebula did.

Different timeline that's further along in time. Obviously the future in her own timeline is going to be very different. For one thing, she won't be in it!

Your DBZ time travel is the most convoluted in fiction. How does any of it's time travel rules work to coincide with the tournament of power arc. There's only 13 alternate dimensions, are their dimensions within dimensions? How does that supreme being asshole even know he's testing the strongest fighters each universe has if there are alternate time lines of each dimension that could supply better fighters? How'd he know to contact the specific timelines he did, or better yet the specific points in time he did?

Fuck off back to Yea Forums

>it's not their problem what happens when the stones are taken away,

Why the fuck do you weird assholes think that the Avengers are absolute sociopaths like yourselves?

I'm saying prime timeline Cap could come back to alt 1940 live until 2050 and travel back to prime 2023.
That's way he doesn't need platform, just like Tony & Steve can travel back from 2012>1970 without one.

he said DBZ not DBS

I hate it when kids think they understand time travel. They go out of their way in the movie to say closed time loops cannot happen.
They discredit almost every single fucking movie that says if you change the past it changes the future. Still people think them changing the past and it not effecting their future is a single timeline. I really don't understand how people are this dumb.

Which is Canon you autismo

Fair enough.

Attached: mcu timeline is fucked.png (1142x502, 35K)

Don’t worry, Yea Forums! I’ll fix the timelines and bring back the fan favorites with plenty of exposition and quips

Attached: 7B5AF963-FE13-4458-AAE3-0B157B25CF04.jpg (640x805, 119K)

Yeah this is definitely a setup for Kang.

The movie literally listed off movies where time does not branch and people still conclude that it doesn't branch in endgame?

Awful lot of decapitations, death, slit throats and swearing for a kids movie but ok.

Nothing I didn't see in dubbed anime when I was 8

I saw Neon Genesis when I was 8.

Did you not hear anything said in the movie user?

because it's retarded and convoluted mess created by untalented hacks, same as "Thanos' skin is too tough to be cut by portals,but okay for Iron Man's bullshit nanoblades to spill some blood"

There is smart time travel explanations like Prime, or that you have to jump in time in particular date, so you won't end up into space
And there is MCU shit.
How'd Thanos ship got shrunken and went trough the gate without Pym particles?

Attached: Apu laughs face palm lite.jpg (512x564, 41K)

>literally the easiest fucking shit to follow
Here, it's a fun watch.
vimeo.com/314083193

>They use this to get Peter out of MCU timeline and into the Sony timeline

the Russos did a qna recently, apparently Thanos' scientists were able to replicate Pymm's particles
you can't make this up lol

>you can't make this up
But they certainly can.
Expect "a wizard did it" explanations in the future.

Attached: 1555113009669.gif (290x163, 923K)

>the Russos did a qna
The QnA obviously showed the Russos had no fucking idea what they were talking about. I guess they didn't think a bunch of nerds would nitpick the shit out of their movie made for nerds.

>these movies are for kids because they are based on comics
Let's face it
Kids can watch these movies, but you're an idiot if you think these movies are being pushed towards anyone but the 16-30 crowd

There are 13 universe in one multiverse. The universe is split into 3 that is heaven, earth, and hfil. Time includes all of the 13 universes together. Thus, Trunks is literally creating whole multiverses when he time travel. That's why in DBO and Xenoverse I think Trunks is supposed to work as a time patroller to fix all the fuckery he did.

>No scientist has ever replicated another scientist's work!
>Thanos already has a literal wizard as one of his top lieutenants
It's like you're teeing these up.

Actually it's a perfectly good and plot-hole free version of time travel. You're just too fucking stupid to follow it.

>How'd Thanos ship got shrunken and went trough the gate without Pym particles?

They fucking had pym particles, they stole them off of Nebula. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I mean, their explanation for why they didn't save Tony with the time stone is "uhhh because Strange saw it this way"

Who is going to save Tony with the time stone without dying in the process? Thor maybe, but he'd probably be crippled.

You guys are trying way too hard to find plot holes where there are none.

>They fucking had pym particles, they stole them off of Nebula.
>The same pym particles that the other Nebula used to go back to the future and supplant good Nebula.
Just disconnect your brain, user.

Strange seemed to have no problem using the time stone

Attached: FB_IMG_1556712977899.jpg (749x1024, 99K)

>user fucking calls a space wizard
>Russos literally make that excuse

Okay now this is epic

Attached: IMG_20190125_133712.jpg (566x545, 55K)

The Russos are going to need to kill off Hank Pym to prevent Pym particles from being the solution to most problems in the future. There is really nothing stopping the Avengers from going back to the point in time just before Captain America returns the stones and borrowing any stones they need to save the world. Hell, they even time travel to just after the Infinite Gauntlet is assembled, borrow it, and get Hulk to snap any supervillain away. Time travel is seriously OP stuff.

power stone is the only individual stone that is shown that you need to be strong to use, it's the gauntlet with multiple stones in them that becomes taxing on the user for whatever reason

They could just make a movie about how fucking with time travel in Endgame had some major consequences.

I swear they did it just to make a bunch of shitty spinoffs for Disney + and to cover their asses for the inevitable reboot.

The time travel plot was a business decision, not a narrative one.