How the fuck do editors see this sort of shit and say "yeah, this will do"

How the fuck do editors see this sort of shit and say "yeah, this will do"

Attached: 1556557480148.jpg (1041x1600, 371K)

Fuck you, Whedon's X-Men run was legit good.

it's a modern Marvel book

Remember that America got 8 full issues.

I don't think it's any secret that many comic writers these days are failed movie/television writers. Their comics come across as something that's being adapted from a screenplay, rather than something created as a comic from the ground up.

It was released fourteen years ago.

Whedon wasn't a failed screenwriter though...

Dude's overrated as fuck

Or maybe you have shit taste OP. Whedon's shit but is true.

It was. OP is trying to say a slow paced joke is "cheap" because large parts of panels are reused. But it's the only way to tell this joke, it's a joke that should FEEL slowpaced. Space is time on a comic page, the only way to extend time otherwise is with words, and you can't tell a joke with awkward silence with words.

In short, OP is a faggot.

>oh no he died
>yay he's back
>oh no he died again
>yay he's back again
>oh no he died again
>yay he's back again
Exactly how much brain damage does one have to suffer to unironically like X-men comics?

I know this is getting old, but as a european i really cant understand why all this capeshit is still so popular.
you guys have been eating up the same shit for 50 years with only small changes.
Euro strips and jap manga has a shitload of variaton but in the US outside of capeshit its a wasteland.
explain this, why, how?

>needing 3 full rows to tells this "joke"

It's done effectively because the panels make the time seem to move slowly as the awkward silence of Logan smelling sex and then everyone understanding that he knows is felt.

Because this was published, so basically anything is fair game now.

Attached: 1538265621893.jpg (1200x851, 255K)

Meanwhile at DC

Attached: 1555026092962.jpg (1008x1543, 287K)

Funny, since now there are a bunch of comic people moving on to cartoons

>Because this was published, so basically anything is fair game now.
Not only was that published, but it was published for 8 issues, and every single page was around that level of """quality""".

Is the point that DC went through the effort of actually drawing each panel differently and made each one unique?

It’s a joke. He can smell sex.

>OP is a retard who hasn't even read Understanding Comics or figured out how comics work on his own.
>People still whining about America, a book that's been dead for years now.
The board would be better if people spent half as much time reading comics as they did bitching about them.

Then maybe Marvel and DC should stop putting out such abysmally shitty comics.
Canceling one shit book in a sea of feces doesn't change anything.

See, this is time you could be reading a book, instead of bitching about one you heard about on an old youtube video.

The constant death/resurrection thing wasn’t that prevalent before; it only got really bad around the late 2000s and has been ever since.

It could have been done with 3 smaller panels in a row and it would've got the point across, otherwise it just a waste of space

>u no reed comacs
the eternal cry of the marvelcuck

It’s actually pretty effective here.

Things like this are not inherently wrong and you are absolutely retarded if you can't see how it works and is appropriate in certain places and lazy in others.

For example in Alias there are times where a character is giving some sort of monologue over multiple panels, and Gaydos just reuses the same drawing and often will like zoom in on it more, but since he just scaled it up in photoshop it's pixelized and looks like shit. That is lazy. It's just a fucking headshot against a gradient, it would take barely any time to just redraw it slightly different, especially considering how sketchy and low detail the artstyle is on purpose.

This is bad but it's far from the worst thing Marvel has ever published. This is the company that published Marville.

Nothing Whedon has ever done was good.

Effective my ass, this shit belongs in film

Are you saying a guy who worked primarily in tv and film told a film joke in his comic book?

HOLY SHIT, STOP THE PRESSES!

If your lower limit for acceptability is "it's not literally the worst thing that has ever been published in comic history", you should probably stop posting this instant and re-examine your standards.

Print media is dying in America and has been since the invention of TV. America is obsessed with film and TV in a way Europe and Japan can't compare to. Everyone wants to explain the death of the comic away as being because the Comics Code, but it has much more to do with the fact that comics were just plain considered fare for kids and weirdos since the late 40's. Adults simply had no interest in any sort of comic or pulp when the whole country was talking about I Love Lucy, Gunsmoke, Steve Allen and having instant, daily access to the news in live action, and TV only continued to get higher production values and more complex and exciting. Americans just have totally different mindsets and standards.

So comics are a thing for hobbyist enthusiasts, and hobbyist enthusiasts like following familiar brands and characters from their childhoods, thus superheroes being the main sellers.

In Europe and Japan comics never really gained a major stigma (otaku panic aside), and print media in general is still a big thing there, with niche magazines having no problem surviving, whereas in America nothing except shitty gossip rags, "fitness" (read: gay) magazines and veiled survivalist shit still survives on the racks and even there it's with an inflated price tag.

I didn't say it was "acceptable", I said acting like we've reached a new low in publishing and standards is retarded and sensationalist when stuff equally bafflingly awful has been published by Marvel for decades now.

>I said acting like we've reached a new low in publishing and standards
Except back then we actually had good books published alongside the bad ones, and the bad ideas were usually contained to a single book instead of across the entire medium.

That doesn't disprove the post linked.

Reminder that Nova got cancelled after its first arc while America went for several months.
Yes I'm still mad.

In other words its a bubble that really needs to get poped like several decades ago now.
The fallout will be big.

The first time it became an issue was Phoenix: Endsong. Jean canonically dies almost a dozen times in that series, half of them on the same page.