He doesn't play game at 120 degrees field of view

>he doesn't play game at 120 degrees field of view

Attached: Screenshot (187).png (1920x1080, 3.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jQOJ3yCK8pI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I play at 110

120 is 1/3 of a full circle

and?

kys

I use 145 for chivalry medieval warfare

Humans can see 1/2 of a full circle

and?

jesus man I'm just asking

>he doesn't play at 360 degree FOV

youtube.com/watch?v=jQOJ3yCK8pI

for me it's 90

Therefore, 1/3 isn't enough

120 is ideal for first person but it makes the game feel really wonky in third person.

imagine being a peasant.

Attached: 1432435623100.jpg (499x499, 51K)

why?

Seriously, what FoV DO people play at?
Anything above 100 gives me fisheyes

imagine being this sensitive and unironically getting offended by "kys"

go back to r*ddit you faggot

>voluntarily distorting your image
why

I hate how higher FOV makes stuff on the edges of your screen look super far away when you turn to face it, I understand the practical benefit of high FOV, but it looks like shit

>wanting a wide angle effect warping the image

Attached: EBD5B7EA-7493-49FA-BF7E-D0B1FEB9D63B.jpg (1024x683, 251K)

You generally sit closer to a computer monitor so a wider (>90) field of view is better. This is because you're only really seeing the center of the screen clearly and a bigger FOV lets you see more in the center. For a tv and couch setup, 90 or below is usually fine because you're sitting further back.

only first-person game with shit-tier implemented FoV distort the image. in third-person games the camera is simply pulled back a bit.

I'm not offended, I'm just fucking asking

>People hype up Vanquish for PC
>It's actually shit

Fuck you Yea Forums

preferring high FOV is pleb tier, I play on PC and specifically set it to be low. People only do high FOV because they heard all the leet gaymers did it in Quake and Counterstrike and shit so that they could see more. Seeing more is not worth making everything all fish-eyed and distorted so your characters arms look like noodles. Not to mention everything in the middle of the screen is shrunken and tiny

over 110 on 16x9 is pretending

Attached: wojak.jpg (800x450, 44K)

any "implementation of FOV" will distort the image if you change it too high or too low. The games you are referring to simply limit the amount you can change it so that it never looks distorted

Anything from 80 to 100 depending on game and genre is perfectly fine.
Literally everything else is meme garbage from autistic retards who sit too close to the screen and/or have a worthless ultra-wide.

Fuck vertical FoV though FUUUUCK IT!!!!!!!

Because it looks weird on a small monitor? If I had a 60in tv or something then maybe. No point trying to pretend to fill your field of view when you never actually will.

I just use whatever the default is

kys

The only time FOV has ever bugged me was in Alien Isolation. I think it's something ridiculous like 60-70 degrees by default and I just wanted to die.

>>he doesn't play game at 120 degrees field of view
Sadly, that isn't enough to redeem Vanquish.

Attached: 1223438994943.jpg (2000x1689, 839K)

make me

fuck i haven't seen this image in so long

imagine comparing max payne to an even more modern game like anthem

kek

no they cant. your brain just predicts whats on the far edges based on your previous knowledge of that space. its not exact half circle more like 160-150 degrees

Is vanquish better with a controller or mouse and keyboard?

Post some sliding webms faggot

It's a third person shooter, what the fuck do you think? Mouse and keyboard is so good it makes it feel too easy.

90-105

It was designed for controllers and I know there are instances where you need to mash buttons and I hate doing that on pc.
The way you phrase that also makes me think that controller is the way to go so I'll do that.

Suit yourself, the mashing sections are rare and extremely lenient and you can always challenge yourself to go for time bonuses on god hard if you find it too easy normally.

I didn't have a problem playing it with kb&m.